The Cosmos

What does it say about our society that we know the names of Popes and serial killers but not
Aristarchus of Samos

And why was the knowledge he discovered squashed for 1400 years by the church?

And why do modern day people still believe that church?

Evolution is the last gasp for the atheist. It is the only hope he has left having denied God and accepted the second death option for himself.
Atheists will endeavor at all costs to prove the non-existence of God most especially to themselves. They think if they are successful in having everyone accept the myths of evolution, then God will simply just go away and they will escape the reward for the choice they have made.

We have very good evidence evolution is real and god was made up. And I promise you I have no evil motive behind not liking religion. And it is not the devil in me. If you come back with that, that makes you stupid.

I just remembered a scene in the Cosmos. The religious establishment laughed at the pStar Trekerson who came up with Tactonic Plates and the theory that the earth use to be one big continent but then broke apart. PangeaEvery. The religious establishment insisted that there was a land bridge that the animals crossed but scientifically that argument has so many holes it makes no sense. But for years the establishment laughed at the idea. The scientist died before his theory was proven true. Why does the religious establishment fight science so much? Because religion is and has always been so wrong about everything. You think your religion is perfect? Sure after being edited for thousands of years by kings and popes.

The earth is still connected. Believe it or not, get down below the water and you will find a dirt bottom that you could walk over from one region of the earth to the other. The earth is still connected, it just has a few mud puddles in the way now.

Evolution is a bunch of myths, fables, and science fiction. Star Trek is just as real. Nothing about evolution can be substantiated Every aspect of evolution is a mathematical impossibility. Evolution has been rife with hoax and corruption. Every missing link has been proven a hoax or misrepresentation. Myth and fraud.
The theory of evolution is an accepted fact for everyone but a fundamentalist minority, whose objections are based not on reasoning but on religious principles.

An overwhelming majority of the scientific community accepts evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity. Nearly every scientific society, representing hundreds of thousands of scientists, has issued statements rejecting intelligent design. A petition supporting the teaching of evolutionary biology was endorsed by 72 US Nobel Prize winners. Additionally, US courts have ruled in favor of teaching evolution in science classrooms, and against teaching creationism, in numerous cases.

BTW Cosmology is a completely different field a science that evolutionary biology which is suppose to be the subject of the thread.

Last edited:
Evolution is the last gasp for the atheist. It is the only hope he has left having denied God and accepted the second death option for himself.
Atheists will endeavor at all costs to prove the non-existence of God most especially to themselves. They think if they are successful in having everyone accept the myths of evolution, then God will simply just go away and they will escape the reward for the choice they have made.

We have very good evidence evolution is real and god was made up. And I promise you I have no evil motive behind not liking religion. And it is not the devil in me. If you come back with that, that makes you stupid.

I just remembered a scene in the Cosmos. The religious establishment laughed at the pStar Trekerson who came up with Tactonic Plates and the theory that the earth use to be one big continent but then broke apart. PangeaEvery. The religious establishment insisted that there was a land bridge that the animals crossed but scientifically that argument has so many holes it makes no sense. But for years the establishment laughed at the idea. The scientist died before his theory was proven true. Why does the religious establishment fight science so much? Because religion is and has always been so wrong about everything. You think your religion is perfect? Sure after being edited for thousands of years by kings and popes.

The earth is still connected. Believe it or not, get down below the water and you will find a dirt bottom that you could walk over from one region of the earth to the other. The earth is still connected, it just has a few mud puddles in the way now.

Evolution is a bunch of myths, fables, and science fiction. Star Trek is just as real. Nothing about evolution can be substantiated Every aspect of evolution is a mathematical impossibility. Evolution has been rife with hoax and corruption. Every missing link has been proven a hoax or misrepresentation. Myth and fraud.

What about Plate Tectonics? The earth is alive. Did god reveal that or science?

So you think God sat down and designed each and every one of the millions of beatles that exist today? They didn't all evolve from a single species?

Many scientists and philosophers of science have described evolution as fact and theory, a phrase which was used as the title of an article by Stephen Jay Gould in 1981. He describes fact in science as meaning data, not absolute certainty but "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of such facts. The facts of evolution come from observational evidence of current processes, from imperfections in organisms recording historical common descent, and from transitions in the fossil record. Theories of evolution provide a provisional explanation for these facts

Religion is the myth. Religion(s) don't hold up to the test that the theory of evolution passed. Sorry dummy.

(1) Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so, including me.

(2) Think for yourself. Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so.

(3) Test ideas by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well-designed test, it's wrong. Get over it.

(4) Follow the evidence wherever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment.

And perhaps the most important rule of all...

(5) Remember: you could be wrong. Even the best scientists have been wrong about some things. Newton, Einstein, and every other great scientist in history -- they all made mistakes. Of course they did. They were human.

Science is a way to keep from fooling ourselves, and each other. You're fooling yourself. Know what that makes you? A fool.

It is hard for you to understand because evolution happens over millions of years. Want to see a great example? Look at a Poodle or Chawawa. Know where they came from? The wolf. We made them by picking the traits we liked. So we know evolution is real. It is accepted as fact. Anyone who challenges it is now the nut job were in the past people believed religion. Why is religion losing? Because it doesn't stand the scientific test and never will. You have to be dumb and have faith.

Youtube
4 Billion Years of Evolution in 40 Seconds

You came from a bacteria. Then a fish, then a small mammal, then a monkey then man. Took millions of years.

I'll go with what science says, you go with a book written 1000's of years ago by superstitious ignorant controlling rules/priests/societies.

• Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so, including me. Think for yourself.
    • Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so.
    • Test ideas, by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well designed test, it's wrong. Get over it.
    • Follow the evidence, wherever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment.
    • And perhaps even the most important rule of all: remember you could be wrong. Even the best scientist have been wrong about somethings. Newton, Einstein, and ever other great scientist in history. They all made mistakes. Of course they did, their were human. Science is a way keep from fooling ourselves and each other.

What I'm saying is for the earth to even have been positioned where it is by sheer happenstance is a mathematical impossibility.

For a single asexual cell to have come out of some slime pit, mutated and divided into anything at all is a mathematical impossibility.

For a single cell to have ever mutated and divided into even a four cell organism is such an impossibility that one could not write the number of zeros in a single day.

Evolution is a myth, a mathematical impossibility. Even most all of your missing links have been proven to be hoaxes.

So you think God sat down and designed each and every one of the millions of beatles that exist today? They didn't all evolve from a single species?

Many scientists and philosophers of science have described evolution as fact and theory, a phrase which was used as the title of an article by Stephen Jay Gould in 1981. He describes fact in science as meaning data, not absolute certainty but "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of such facts. The facts of evolution come from observational evidence of current processes, from imperfections in organisms recording historical common descent, and from transitions in the fossil record. Theories of evolution provide a provisional explanation for these facts

Religion is the myth. Religion(s) don't hold up to the test that the theory of evolution passed. Sorry dummy.

(1) Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so, including me.

(2) Think for yourself. Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so.

(3) Test ideas by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well-designed test, it's wrong. Get over it.

(4) Follow the evidence wherever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment.

(5) Remember: you could be wrong. Even the best scientists have been wrong about some things. Newton, Einstein, and every other great scientist in history -- they all made mistakes. Of course they did. They were human.

Science is a way to keep from fooling ourselves, and each other. You're fooling yourself. Know what that makes you? A fool.

It is hard for you to understand because evolution happens over millions of years. Want to see a great example? Look at a Poodle or Chawawa. Know where they came from? The wolf. We made them by picking the traits we liked. So we know evolution is real. It is accepted as fact. Anyone who challenges it is now the nut job were in the past people believed religion. Why is religion losing? Because it doesn't stand the scientific test and never will. You have to be dumb and have faith.

Youtube

You came from a bacteria. Then a fish, then a small mammal, then a monkey then man. Took millions of years.

I'll go with what science says, you go with a book written 1000's of years ago by superstitious ignorant controlling rules/priests/societies.

• Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so, including me. Think for yourself.
    • Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so.
    • Test ideas, by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well designed test, it's wrong. Get over it.
    • Follow the evidence, wherever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment.
    • And perhaps even the most important rule of all: remember you could be wrong. Even the best scientist have been wrong about somethings. Newton, Einstein, and ever other great scientist in history. They all made mistakes. Of course they did, their were human. Science is a way keep from fooling ourselves and each other.

What I'm saying is for the earth to even have been positioned where it is by sheer happenstance is a mathematical impossibility.

For a single asexual cell to have come out of some slime pit, mutated and divided into anything at all is a mathematical impossibility.

For a single cell to have ever mutated and divided into even a four cell organism is such an impossibility that one could not write the number of zeros in a single day.

Evolution is a myth, a mathematical impossibility. Even most all of your missing links have been proven to be hoaxes.
Yes, the probability of the Earth being positioned in an orbit exactly 92,960,000 miles from the sun is incredibility small when you consider all the other places the earth could have ended up. What you fail to consider is the universe is a hell a big place with a huge number of stars. Astronomers estimate that the observable universe has more than 100 billion galaxies. Our own Milky Way is home to around 300 billion stars. The probability that a planet revolving around one of those trillions of stars would be position an appropriate distance to support life as we know is likely to be very high. And this is just the known universe and life as we know it. This must all sound pretty silly to someone who believes the heavens and the earth were created in 7 days, 6,000 ago.

He also doesn't like murder, theft, or drunkenness. Guess we can't have laws against those.

Doesn't secular America have non religious laws to deal with those things?

Anyways, you missed the point. I'm just trying to explain to that other person why they shouldn't be allowed to say, "you just gotta have faith my big guy exists" and then try to pass laws that the big guy doesn't like.

We humans don't like murder or theft. No god needed. Your god is not necessary.

So it's only unpopular laws we shouldn't pass?

On the contrary. We should use logic to re think our laws, just like we did the law that said blacks couldn't marry whites. Google stupid laws of old and see that going by what is popular doesn't always work. Consider how dumb the masses are. They believe in invisible men and heaven without any proof. This is why modern Europe and America and ancient Greece were so smart. They were free to think and question and they didn't have a moral authority suppressing them. You learn this if you watch the Cosmos.

I think the Constitution is one of the greatest books, not the bible. We have a great secular society. The problem was back when church and state were one. And you still believe that corrupt story/religion/society? Wake up man. Everyone thinks god loves them and hates their enemies. Even your enemies think this.

Oh, and many of the great minds of the past also believed in god. They looked into it and never discovered anything. They tried to investigate and experiment with the cult and miracles. Nothing ever came of it. It was only raw science that explained who we are, where we are, how we got here. We don't know how or why exactly. So lets keep looking. When you find a god please come show us your findings. Until then, keep looking.

Logic dictates that the elderly not consume more resources than they generate, and that the mentally retarded by destroyed. Logic dictates that only the strong be allowed to remain alive, and that illness and age carry an automatic death sentence.

Absolutely not. Is that what theists believe? Then you are sick. Scientific Atheists/Progressives would suggest that you take care of the less fortunate. That means YOU pay more taxes to take care of the sick and poor. But you don't want our society to do that. You want charity/church to do it. And we see how bad a job they are doing. You're basically saying you don't want to solve the problem. Sick. This is why I say religion is evil and hypocritical.

Now if you mean late term abort a mongaloid fetus in the last trimester? I would say yes

When we left England and the Church of England, we came to America and started a secular nation that gave everyone rights, life, liberty, persuit of happyness. Very liberal thing to do wouldn't you say? Or are you suggesting that YOUR SIDE wanted to separate church and state? Liar. I thought you bible thumpers weren't suppose to lie?

You have sick logic.

Humans aren't as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with feelings and thoughts of others, be they humans or other animals on Earth. So maybe part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were 'reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy.'
Read more at Neil deGrasse Tyson Quotes- BrainyQuote

See how rapidly your response devolved into puzzling petulant personal attacks? Sad.

Now, to address what you said about laws being rooted only in logic and not in religious sentiment. Logic DOES dictate that those who consume more resources than they produce should be destroyed for the good of society. Logic DOES dictate that the infirm, mentally retarded, and elderly should be destroyed. You apparently want to deny anything that sounds like it came from a church, but want to encode your own moral sensitivity into law. That's not logical, and exposes a big problem in your approach. Now, as for your desire to destroy those with Down's Syndrome, don't you think you should get to know some of those you want to erase from the earth? Those with Down's are among the sweetest, kindest, most loving people you could ever hope to meet, yet you want to destroy them before they even have a chance to bring light and joy into the lives of others. How secular and logical of you. The fact that you even use the term "Mongoloid" exposes a great deal of your ignorance.

Empathy, sympathy, and compassion are not logical.

Youtube

Why is it impossible? There are 100's of billions of stars in our galaxy alone and planets around every one of those stars. Now consider there are 100's of billions of galaxies in our known universe. There might be "life" around every sun. In fact the suns and planets are living organisms themselves. Do you know microbes or bacteria can live on meteors and asteroids? This is one way life might have come to our planet. They theorize this because of meteor rocks they found on the bottom of the ocean floor that are the same age as the last die off. You know what? I can't remember all the details. Point is that science has come up with a couple theories on how life started on earth. Watch the Cosmos and Neal Degrasse Tyson or Carl Sagan will explain how they came up with their theories. Are they perfect? No. Do they have all the answers? No. Could they be wrong? Sure. But their theories stand up to the test. Religion does not. That's my point. In fact I was watching the Cosmos last night and they were talking about some Bruno guy who first figured out the universe and he said the universe does not revolve around our planet. Religion burned him at the stake. So how are you all taking the word of religion when you know that history? And how does religion still have any credibility? The answer is, people want to believe and/or they are scared into believing or they can't imagine any other way.

So the mathamatical improbability is that we are the only life in our galaxy, let alone the universe. So it is not mathamatically impossible. It is a fact and science knows exactly how it happened. Is it amazing how perfect everything is and had to be for us to be here? Sure is. But there have already been 4 major die offs where life almost got wiped out on this planet. Not to mention we won't be here forever. So enjoy it while it lasts.

You are dead wrong about evolution. At least that is what science says. WRONG. If you do your research and still don't believe in evolution, you please tell us your theory. Tell us how god sat down and intelligently designed 1/2 a billion beatles and why 1 billion beatles are now extinct. I'm not going to try to explain it to you. Like you theists say, "you gotta read the bible" well you gotta watch the Cosmos. It is better than any religious book ever written. It stands up to the test.

A single cell can evolve into a 2 cell organism over millions of years. See, this is your sides problem. You guys don't realize we are just one little itty bitty planet in the universe and you are just one animal on this planet. If the universe has been here for a year, man has only been here for 1 day. The last day of the year. And "we" think we know it all. How did we get here? Must be god. End of conversation. Burn me at the stake if I question you too.

Sorry but it is your theories that are impossible and don't pass the test.

(1) Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so. Mary was a virgin? And you swallowed that?

(2) Think for yourself. Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so. If you are a Christian, you're basically believing the story passed down by the very corrupt Catholic Church. Remember what they did to
Giordano Bruno in the 1600's just for trying to explain the universe is much bigger than anyone ever thought? He even believed in god! It wasn't like he was an atheist. Doesn't matter. They still killed him. So this is where your fables come from.

(3) Test ideas by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well-designed test, it's wrong. Get over it. This is how they came up with evolution and realized your creation story is wrong. Miracles, virgin births, rising from the dead, the noah story, parting of the seas. None of these things pass the test.

(4) Follow the evidence wherever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment. Like us. We don't say there is no god. We just see no evidence. As a scientist we'll remain open to the possibility. But to tell us we'll go to hell? That's not science. That's emotional blackmale. That's what is done to stupid people. Are you?

Science is a way to keep from fooling ourselves, and each other.

Anyways, you missed the point. I'm just trying to explain to that other person why they shouldn't be allowed to say, "you just gotta have faith my big guy exists" and then try to pass laws that the big guy doesn't like.

On the contrary. We should use logic to re think our laws, just like we did the law that said blacks couldn't marry whites. Google stupid laws of old and see that going by what is popular doesn't always work. Consider how dumb the masses are. They believe in invisible men and heaven without any proof. This is why modern Europe and America and ancient Greece were so smart. They were free to think and question and they didn't have a moral authority suppressing them. You learn this if you watch the Cosmos.

I think the Constitution is one of the greatest books, not the bible. We have a great secular society. The problem was back when church and state were one. And you still believe that corrupt story/religion/society? Wake up man. Everyone thinks god loves them and hates their enemies. Even your enemies think this.

Oh, and many of the great minds of the past also believed in god. They looked into it and never discovered anything. They tried to investigate and experiment with the cult and miracles. Nothing ever came of it. It was only raw science that explained who we are, where we are, how we got here. We don't know how or why exactly. So lets keep looking. When you find a god please come show us your findings. Until then, keep looking.

Logic dictates that the elderly not consume more resources than they generate, and that the mentally retarded by destroyed. Logic dictates that only the strong be allowed to remain alive, and that illness and age carry an automatic death sentence.

Absolutely not. Is that what theists believe? Then you are sick. Scientific Atheists/Progressives would suggest that you take care of the less fortunate. That means YOU pay more taxes to take care of the sick and poor. But you don't want our society to do that. You want charity/church to do it. And we see how bad a job they are doing. You're basically saying you don't want to solve the problem. Sick. This is why I say religion is evil and hypocritical.

Now if you mean late term abort a mongaloid fetus in the last trimester? I would say yes

When we left England and the Church of England, we came to America and started a secular nation that gave everyone rights, life, liberty, persuit of happyness. Very liberal thing to do wouldn't you say? Or are you suggesting that YOUR SIDE wanted to separate church and state? Liar. I thought you bible thumpers weren't suppose to lie?

You have sick logic.

Humans aren't as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with feelings and thoughts of others, be they humans or other animals on Earth. So maybe part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were 'reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy.'

See how rapidly your response devolved into puzzling petulant personal attacks? Sad.

Now, to address what you said about laws being rooted only in logic and not in religious sentiment. Logic DOES dictate that those who consume more resources than they produce should be destroyed for the good of society. Logic DOES dictate that the infirm, mentally retarded, and elderly should be destroyed. You apparently want to deny anything that sounds like it came from a church, but want to encode your own moral sensitivity into law. That's not logical, and exposes a big problem in your approach. Now, as for your desire to destroy those with Down's Syndrome, don't you think you should get to know some of those you want to erase from the earth? Those with Down's are among the sweetest, kindest, most loving people you could ever hope to meet, yet you want to destroy them before they even have a chance to bring light and joy into the lives of others. How secular and logical of you. The fact that you even use the term "Mongoloid" exposes a great deal of your ignorance.

I have a relative who has a kid with slight autism. I don't think that is any kind of life. Not for the kid and not for her. I would have late term aborted if I knew my kid was going to come out like that. And if you would let us do stem cell research maybe we could prevent this from happening in the future. But for you we will make sure your kids have it because you think it is sweet, cute and adorable. You can continue to think that when the kid is in his 20's if he lives that long. And worry about what the hell is going to happen to it after you die if it out lives you. I'm a Spartan. I'd throw it in the pit if I could. No seriously I'd give it a lethal shot at birth if the law allowed.

And I don't want to get off topic with you on how you think we need religion to have morality. Religion is a great way for bad people to feel good about themselves. Not necessary. I don't murder people because I don't want to go to jail and because I wouldn't want someone to murder someone I care about. I have empathy. No god needed.

P.S. If I had a Down Syndrom baby, no one would love the little bastard more than I would. BUT, I have to admit, if I knew ahead of time I would put it out of it's misery and mine. Because raising that kid would be horrible. I know you would get use to it and you would love it but fuck that. Same way I wouldn't put my mother down right now even though she's going through Alzheimers. I know that the old her would want to be dead rather than to be living the way she is right now. I would too. Who wants to live like that? What kind of life is that? Plus the stress on my dad and his pocket book if he ever has to put her in a home. Euthenasia should be legal in all 50 states, not just a few of them. Same way Gordy Howe had to fly to California to get good stem cell help because it is illegal in Michigan. Why? Because of God who does not even exist?

Youtube

Yes, the probability of the Earth being positioned in an orbit exactly 92,960,000 miles from the sun is incredibility small when you consider all the other places the earth could have ended up. What you fail to consider is the universe is a hell a big place with a huge number of stars. Astronomers estimate that the observable universe has more than 100 billion galaxies. Our own Milky Way is home to around 300 billion stars. The probability that a planet revolving around one of those trillions of stars would be position an appropriate distance to support life as we know is likely to be very high. And this is just the known universe and life as we know it. This must all sound pretty silly to someone who believes the heavens and the earth were created in 7 days, 6,000 ago.

Venus and Mars had water and life on them at one time, so they think. They're checking now to see if that is correct. Venus went through a green house gas issue and lost all it's water and oxygen. It was unavoidable. That's how they know what we are doing with burning coal is dangerous. We're doing the same thing to our planet and we could wipe ourselves out. Again, I'm not an expert and can't explain everything perfectly. That's why all theists need to watch the old and new Cosmos before or after they read the old and new Testament.

They were also explaining how life may have come from Mars??? When meteors hit planets they send rock up into space and they go between planets. So when a big meteor hit earth and wiped out all life once, eventually after the earth cooled back down another meteor with bacteria or life on it fell into water and life picked back up.

Who knows how many of these theories are fact or just theory. Doesn't matter. I like how they came up with them. Through the scientific approach. Not because some ancient book or old outdated controlling corrupt Church said so. All of these theories are open for debate.

Youtube

I was thinking about this the other day. What happened to the Roman Empire when it supposedly fell. Do you think all the rich people became poor? Hardly. Consider the rulers of the old Roman Empire became what we know today as the Catholic Church. Remember back then church and state were one and the same?

So how can you believe them? Even if you aren't a Catholic, your Christian religion came from them. Oh yea, you have "faith". You want to believe. Wishful thinking. You don't want to go to hell. You've been brainwashed. You'd rather believe than not. You want to believe that when you die you live again. The fact is, the molecules in you might end up in the body of another creature somewhere else in the universe a few trillions of years from now.

Religion and what religions say is so ignorant and small when you know the facts. But of course religion didn't go away when we realized we weren't the center of the universe. Religion adaptived and can EVOLVE with the times. Just look at how today they have to call the Noah, Jonah, Moses and Adam stories allegories because no one is buying those stories as fact anymore. Soon people will realize the Jesus stories are just stories too.

Back in 1600 the Catholic Church burned Bruno for his theories that there are millions of stars and other planets in the universe. Today the Catholic Church owns its own space observatory. I guess once you can no longer deny you have to embrace the truth and go along or you won't be relevant. So today Christians say, "I don't think science and religion are exclusive". Maybe not anymore. Too bad religion didn't think that way 2500 years ago. Imagine how much farther ahead we would be if not for religious ignorance.

You have sick logic.

Then someone should teach them to you. I don't think you have to lie to children about an invisible man watching their every move and who created a hell for them if they are naughty is necessary. Or its ok to tell kids about God but when they get older, don't try to continue telling them the lie and tell them they'll go to hell.

Basically adult Christians are like children who believe in Santa Clause.

You have sick logic.

This says a lot about Christians.

If you watch the Cosmos Neal Tyson will explain how we should not have starvation on this planet but because man is so flawed we do have it. We even have it here in America because of greed and ignorance. Religion isn't the solution CLEARLY. In fact it is part of the problem. Lets face it, American Christians really suck. They hate gays and blacks and foreigners. They go to war all the time. They pollute. Consider how for years the same corporations who said LEAD and cigarettes were ok are now telling you that global warming isn't real. And you are buying it again! See how them being in bed with the churches helps keep you ignorant?

You Christians don't think global warming is going to destroy the human race because it wasn't foretold in the bible. See how stupid you are? Fuck the facts right? The Catholic Church wrote the end will come with Jesus and god damn it you're going to stick with that story despite your lying eyes and the evidence before you.

Just like when Bruno gave the church evidence we weren't the center of the universe. Did your church listen? Nope. They burned him.

So how do you believe the story that church/cult passed down to you?

Youtube

Seriously pal. That's the best you got? That it is impossible that out of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 galaxies you think it is impossible for life to happen by sheer happenstance? You mean by itself? Randomly? On accident? Even if there is a random creator, there is no evidence of such a being. We can't go by your holy book because it is full of holes.

And that's exactly how it happened. Or maybe that's what happens when a star is born. Planets and moons form around it and life happens on one or more of the planets. And in a few million years it'll all be over. Our sun will die and so will all the planets in our solar system. But don't worry because new solar systems are being formed all the time. Life and the universe will go on long after our little planet and sun are gone.

Youtube

All the scientists in the world say you and your church are wrong. I'll go with the scientists.

• for the last 600 million years, simple animals;
  • for the last 550 million years, bilaterians, water life forms with a front and a back;
  • for the last 300 million years, reptiles;
  • for the last 200 million years, mammals;
  • for the last 150 million years, birds;
  • for the last 130 million years, flowers;
  • for the last 60 million years, the primates,
  • for the last 20 million years, the family Hominidae (great apes);
  • for the last 2.5 million years, the genus Homo (including humans and their predecessors);

You have sick logic.

Then someone should teach them to you. I don't think you have to lie to children about an invisible man watching their every move and who created a hell for them if they are naughty is necessary. Or its ok to tell kids about God but when they get older, don't try to continue telling them the lie and tell them they'll go to hell.

It sounds an awful lot like you're saying that YOUR morality is okay, YOUR illogical responses are healthy and normal, YOUR ideas are fine to put into law, but when someone with nearly identical morality, responses, and ideas wants to influence society, your response is to run for the hills.

You have sick logic.

I have a relative who has a kid with slight autism. I don't think that is any kind of life. Not for the kid and not for her. I would have late term aborted if I knew my kid was going to come out like that. And if you would let us do stem cell research maybe we could prevent this from happening in the future. But for you we will make sure your kids have it because you think it is sweet, cute and adorable. You can continue to think that when the kid is in his 20's if he lives that long. And worry about what the hell is going to happen to it after you die if it out lives you. I'm a Spartan. I'd throw it in the pit if I could. No seriously I'd give it a lethal shot at birth if the law allowed.

And I don't want to get off topic with you on how you think we need religion to have morality. Religion is a great way for bad people to feel good about themselves. Not necessary. I don't murder people because I don't want to go to jail and because I wouldn't want someone to murder someone I care about. I have empathy. No god needed.

P.S. If I had a Down Syndrom baby, no one would love the little bastard more than I would. BUT, I have to admit, if I knew ahead of time I would put it out of it's misery and mine. Because raising that kid would be horrible. I know you would get use to it and you would love it but fuck that. Same way I wouldn't put my mother down right now even though she's going through Alzheimers. I know that the old her would want to be dead rather than to be living the way she is right now. I would too. Who wants to live like that? What kind of life is that? Plus the stress on my dad and his pocket book if he ever has to put her in a home. Euthenasia should be legal in all 50 states, not just a few of them. Same way Gordy Howe had to fly to California to get good stem cell help because it is illegal in Michigan. Why? Because of God who does not even exist?

I don't know what rock you've been under, but no one has stopped or prevented stem cell research, at least the research that doesn't involve killing something first. It's going fine, and in fact has produced several useful treatments. Nice to know your logic is kicking in a little bit there, wanting to put down the less fortunate and all. Can't have them inconveniencing anyone, after all. Just take them out to the barn and shoot 'em. Be better for everyone. Nice and logical.

One of Baby Bush's first acts as president was to ban government money for stem cell research. Even Nancy Reagan came out against Bush. It was at that moment that the straw dropped on the camel, and broke his back. I have been a democrat ever since.

Youtube

Venus and Mars had water and life on them at one time, so they think. They're checking now to see if that is correct. Venus went through a green house gas issue and lost all it's water and oxygen. It was unavoidable. That's how they know what we are doing with burning coal is dangerous. We're doing the same thing to our planet and we could wipe ourselves out. Again, I'm not an expert and can't explain everything perfectly. That's why all theists need to watch the old and new Cosmos before or after they read the old and new Testament.

They were also explaining how life may have come from Mars??? When meteors hit planets they send rock up into space and they go between planets. So when a big meteor hit earth and wiped out all life once, eventually after the earth cooled back down another meteor with bacteria or life on it fell into water and life picked back up.

Who knows how many of these theories are fact or just theory. Doesn't matter. I like how they came up with them. Through the scientific approach. Not because some ancient book or old outdated controlling corrupt Church said so. All of these theories are open for debate.
Reading through some of the posts it becomes clear that much of the opposition to the theory of evolution is based on the lack of understanding of scientific terms. When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

There are a few facets of biology that evolution has not offered an adequate explanation. Those opposed to the theory of evolution are quick to point these exceptions out while ignoring the vast amount evidence showing evolution does provide an explanation for the diversity of life. Yes, evolution is a theory but not just a theory, a scientific theory. There's a big difference.

You have sick logic.

It sounds an awful lot like you're saying that YOUR morality is okay, YOUR illogical responses are healthy and normal, YOUR ideas are fine to put into law, but when someone with nearly identical morality, responses, and ideas wants to influence society, your response is to run for the hills.

No. We have a secular society. I'm saying IT is better than your religion or Sharia Law. Are you suggesting we should re connect church and state? Be careful. One day we might become a majority Muslim nation. They're gaining popularity and your bleeding members. Hopefully a way more liberal Pope will bring some back to your flock. Those people mostly don't take the stories in the bible literally. It is why you now have to say all those stories in your books were allegories. Now you have to change and let gays in. Soon you'll have women priests.

Bottom line is you have to face the reality of your churches history and the history of religion. Your religion isn't even original. And before we had telescopes when Giordano Bruno in 1600 said the Cosmos were much more than our sun and us, Martin Luther had him burned alive. That's the morality you come from.

Bottom line is your religion doesn't pass the test. That's why science conflicts with religion. Theists beliee their churches impossible stories based on faith alone. Science can't and won't. We should be asked to. A god would not ask this of us. And so either you believe the Catholic Church's stories and you are gullible just like you are if you believe god talked to Mohammad or Joseph Smith or Adam or Moses or Jonah or came to earth on a suicide mission. Your religion is just as stupid as every other religion.

How do you feel about the Mormon faith? Do you even know what it is all about? They say your religion was/is corrupt too. In 1800 god told Joseph. Do you believe that? Why not? Your story is just as impossible. Cherry picker. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you'd be a Muslim praying 5 times a day.

You have sick logic.

I don't know what rock you've been under, but no one has stopped or prevented stem cell research, at least the research that doesn't involve killing something first. It's going fine, and in fact has produced several useful treatments. Nice to know your logic is kicking in a little bit there, wanting to put down the less fortunate and all. Can't have them inconveniencing anyone, after all. Just take them out to the barn and shoot 'em. Be better for everyone. Nice and logical.

You're dumb. Gordy Howe has the $ to fly to California to get stem cell research that works. What about all the people who don't have the $ to fly to Cali? Your foolish religious beliefs have held mankind back for thousands of years. Time for it to end.

Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so, including me.
Think for yourself. Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so. Test ideas, by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well designed test, it's wrong. Get over it. Follow the evidence, were ever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment.
And perhaps even the most important rule of all, remember you could be wrong. Even the best scientist have been wrong about something. Newton, Einstein, and ever other great scientist in history. They all made mistakes. Of course they did, their were human. Science is a way keep from fooling ourselves and each other.

One of Baby Bush's first acts as president was to ban government money for stem cell research. Even Nancy Reagan came out against Bush. It was at that moment that the straw dropped on the camel, and broke his back. I have been a democrat ever since.

And notice how they lie with a straight face when they say "no one has stopped or prevented stem cell research", but then end with a caviat "at least the research that doesn't involve killing something first."

But Gordy needed the research that involved killing a stem cel! I got a deal for the theists. How about they only accept cures that come from their stem cells research and I'll go with the cures they come up with from the living stem cells which apparently are better otherwise Gordy wouldn't have to go to Cali for the cure.

Forum List

Back