The Cosmos

Religion is mans only hope, atheist science is mans downfall

Next time you get sick do not go seek out a scientist in a hospital. Go to your church.

Pray that god cures alzheimers and cancer. But realize you are wasting your time. Better to pray to the scientists. And send your money to them so they can do research to cure you of the cancer. God won't.
I have never been to a hospital.
I do pray for healing and The Lord provides it to the faithful.
That's enough "proof" for faith for me.
Ps stop trying to disprove God exists with science. Falseness can not prove truth

You actually sound insane to me. People like you are why they've been able to hold us back for thousands of years. You'd be the first one to want to burn a witch in the 1400's you dumb son of a bitch. All for nothing because God doesn't exist. Just because your church, the one you happened to be born in to or the one who happened to find you at the right time and convert you says so? We all know how corrupt the history of "the churches" is. Just look at the crazy Muslims who were born into the god of Islam. You are no different than them. Actually you are more pathetic because in the West there is no excuse for being this dumb.

But I understand a lot of good and smart people also believe in "god". Mostly people believe in god because they can't believe any other way or they want to believe. But most people in America if you ask them if they're a Christian they'll say they are "spiritual" or "I was raised in a Christian home". Why is your religion losing so many faithful followers? I say its too unbelievable to believe today with all the information we have at our fingertips. You'll say Satan did it. But that's how dumb you are. And most Christians are cherry picking liberals. Even gays are Christians. Why? THey want to go to heaven and not hell too. You don't own god. You just insist your version of him is real and others is not. Dummy.

Next time you get sick do not go seek out a scientist in a hospital. Go to your church.

Pray that god cures alzheimers and cancer. But realize you are wasting your time. Better to pray to the scientists. And send your money to them so they can do research to cure you of the cancer. God won't.
Ps stop trying to disprove God exists with science. Falseness can not prove truth

Not yet you haven't been to a hospital. You will. I hope you go to church instead. Want to show me a miracle? Show me an amputees arm grow back overnight.

Anyone who believes in God needs to watch the Cosmos. Watch the new one with Neil Degrasse Tyson and the old one with Carl Sagan. Once you learn the history of man, science and religion you will realize god(s) were made up long before we decided to just go with one god. Religious ignorance has held us back thousands of years. Religious people love to brag that it was on their watch that we came up with cures and that it was religious people who got us on the moon. They expose their ignorance to the fact that many of the scientists were/are atheists. They try to ignore the history of how many scientists were put to death for heresy by the churches for things that turned out to be correct. But today the church doesn't get so upset if you suggest the earth isn't the center of the universe or that the sun revolves around the earth because churches change with the times. They've learned not to fight science and instead ignore your anti scientific history and embrace science. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

300 years before Christ, Aristarchus of Samos discovered the earth was not the center of the universe. But it wasn't until the year 1500 of our lord that someone dared suggest it again. Who squashed this fact for 1800 years? Religion.

Think about instead of the 50 year cold war and all the other wars we fought if we would have put the time and energy into colonizing Mars. Take all the nukes we have built since the 1950's and tell me how much money that is. Human beings are stupid. One way to tell how dumb someone is, ask them if they believe in god.
I think the belief in a higher power is not incompatible with science. Now religion is something else entirely.

Why is it hiding?

Read for yourself unless u r too lazy
I Already found it, just challenging others to.

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because it answers a lot of your questions. No the beasts in the bible were not dinosaurs. LOL. This is the problem with theists. They don't like science because science isn't perfect but what science has done is debunk every bogus religious claim. For example, NO the bibles written less than 10,000 years ago were not referring to dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago.

But you can go to the Himilaya Mountains and find the Takin is the "beast" behind the Golden Fleece story. We also now know because of science that not only are we related to monkeys and fish, we are also related to the Takin and TREES. How did life get started on this planet? Science thinks a comet brought life to earth. Before that we thought something else. Whatever the truth, it isn't found in the bible. The people who wrote the bible were very ancient and primitive. A small percentage of humans invented the technology we all appreciate today and we would be 10,000 years ahead of where we are now if not for religion.
I'm actually relaying on the Hebrew Bible (OT in Hebrew supposed to be original source and later been translated to different versions) in the Hebrew Bible it states clearly 'big crocodiles' the birds and the sea creatures and later the beasts, but I'm definitely going to watch 'The Cosmos' thank you for the recommendation! By the way the Jewish world calendar state the world is 5775 years old - there are however many different theories but the plain answer is 5,775 - here is another challenge, can anyone tell me why is Adam and Eve creation came last?

Of course they saw big crocs and "beasts" back then. Google strange animals from the Himilayas and you'll see all kinds of crazy animals. Maybe they wondered on a bear or rhino for the first time or a wholly mammoth? Who knows.

The world is millions of years old. Watch the Cosmos and you will learn the history of the Cosmos. They put the whole thing in a year map. Day 1 the big bang. November life on earth formed. Man has only been around for 1 day of the entire year. Less. We are just 1 life form on one planet in the universe. We just happen to be the smartest thing on this planet. There are billions of stars in our galaxy alone. We can't even get to the nearest one. Who are we to say we are the only life in the universe? Only a primitive uneducated superstitious person who's been brainwashed with god talk thinking that we are special when we have no proof. The old testament is no different than the new, the mormon books, the Muslims, Greek Gods, Egyptian gods, king james version, whatever. It is all a lie. Most people get that. Most people don't believe organized religions but they say they believe in "something". That's pretty pathetic. But that was the original argument. Some if not most people believed in god(s) but no one knew. They invented him. And then one day Abraham's spin on religion took over the world. Today all three main religions are spawned from that guys original lie that god talked to him. Then the lie that Jesus was god himself and mary was a virgin. Fairytales made up 80 years after the supposed events. Jesus was a Jew and Jews saw him perform miracles? Then why didn't they convert? Yet you want me to believe it was real? Basically 11 guys made up a new cult. BFD.

Just because we are too small to discover life elsewhere, doesn't mean there isn't any. Watch the Cosmos and you'll probably drop the bible once you learn where (god(s)) came from.

There are billions of stars in just our galaxy. There are billions of galaxies. Can you wrap your mind around that? How can you follow a religion that squashed this knowledge for over 1100 years? Today religion "embraces" science because they can no longer deny it. Although they do. Just look at the fool who replied after you.

Life started on earth in the water and then some life evolved and crawled out of the water. All animals are related. Not only that, we are even related to the trees. All life on earth is related. We share the same dna or code. Watch the Cosmos. We branched off to be small mammals then monkeys then man eventually. Hard to grasp this but it took millions of years. We know evolution is real because we made chawawas out of wolves. We fast tracked evolution. We know polar bears evolved from brown hair bears and if the ice keeps melting they'll go brown again. Its all science.

Christians say, "you gotta read the bible" then we'll talk. I say, you have to watch the old and new Cosmos first.
I'm not a Christian but I'm definitely interested in all scientific areas so I will watch it, now before we break the discussion into small subjects I think we should firstly focus on the main logical connections at first, based on my poor knowledge and my humble vocabulary.
I'll try break into these three titles where I'll give you an example;

1.Knowing the Bible is written by man and (in several times quotes God) - Who in the world could possibly posses a knowledge only few in our time does 6,000 years ago?
You mentioned the Himalaya life forms - and delving into the deepest sea creatures - Is there a person in our time that capable of knowing all the life forms on earth? (don't forget that we have a few thousands years advantage including a world media, databases, researching, and of course time) - Is it possible for one to know all the life forms in the world in a life time without ANY of these advantages?
Here is another example - the Kosher subject for eating sea creatures - there is a formula that says all creatures having scales will have a fin, but there's with fin and no scales - in other words who can guarantee that all sea creatures having scales won't have a fin?
Once you realize the Bible is written by a very wise and intelligent person - or even a group(!) - would you rather ignore it complete or assume he/they might be on to something WE can't understand? Give it a thought.

2.As I said before I find the scientific discoveries to be entertainingly similar to the Bible - since like you said and I agree we are incapable of understanding the cosmos entirely why is it any different that understanding God is impossible?
(Example) The Big Bang - Chaos (raw translation - "Chaos and inside itself" ("To'ho vebo ho")) - we all know that in the very first words of the Bible, and we all know the Big Bang in some way extracted the cosmos - so far it goes precisely as the Bible said - next God created the 'Light' which is overwriting the default - Darkness - and here we are again finding that science is proving whats written in the Bible centuries ago! -
I would like to refer you to professor Nathan Aviezer that discuss all these connections, this is an appetizer.
Let me quote Mr.Aviezer - the scientific evidence won't make anyone believe in God.
(And also another point about the miracles and Jesus, it is known never to expect a miracle, and that miracles can't make you believe - this is a very big topic I would like to go over later, so lets hold here, I'll bring this one up later)

3.This is a scientific paradox for the logic you suggest, what came first the chicken or the egg? - So far the flaws in the Bible explained by modern science - but is the modern science flawless to be able to disprove the Bible which proved itself to be correct when science turned us down for centuries?
The Europeans considered tomatoes to be poisoned for many years, and they surly been the most modern and advanced society in their time, what makes you think the science of today is flawless and everything is correct? The Europeans thought reasonably that a defenseless fruit with only a red color to warn possible predators is poisoned - its all make sense, but is it? this is mostly a food for thought :)lol:) but lets get down to the third point - Science surly has it flaws, the greatest scientific minds always repeated that - How can you possible disprove the Bible with a flawed evidence? This leads me to the third and final conclusion coming from this point forward:
Its either coexisted or never existed at all, but since we know the two exists, what option left possible? - The flaw is in us.

I Know this is a hell of a long post and I'm sorry about that I was trying to cut down where I could and make it most readable for everyone.

Last edited:
Going 2, there is a difference between astrology and astronomy. God has no problem with astronomy. Christ even tells us to look to the stars for a sign of His return. Astrology on the other hand, is depending on the stars to chart your future instead of on Christ to cement it.

The cosmos has an order to it that man just recently realized. Cosmos means order. The more dimensions Tyson and his colleagues find, the more they start to understand that, not only have those dimensions ALWAYS been there, but what their attributes are, the closer science gets to the Physics of God. The ones with which He designed the universe, and told us all about in the Bible. Hawking was surprised to find more dimensions, Christians were not.

Anyone who believes in God needs to watch the Cosmos. Watch the new one with Neil Degrasse Tyson and the old one with Carl Sagan. Once you learn the history of man, science and religion you will realize god(s) were made up long before we decided to just go with one god. Religious ignorance has held us back thousands of years. Religious people love to brag that it was on their watch that we came up with cures and that it was religious people who got us on the moon. They expose their ignorance to the fact that many of the scientists were/are atheists. They try to ignore the history of how many scientists were put to death for heresy by the churches for things that turned out to be correct. But today the church doesn't get so upset if you suggest the earth isn't the center of the universe or that the sun revolves around the earth because churches change with the times. They've learned not to fight science and instead ignore your anti scientific history and embrace science. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

300 years before Christ, Aristarchus of Samos discovered the earth was not the center of the universe. But it wasn't until the year 1500 of our lord that someone dared suggest it again. Who squashed this fact for 1800 years? Religion.

Think about instead of the 50 year cold war and all the other wars we fought if we would have put the time and energy into colonizing Mars. Take all the nukes we have built since the 1950's and tell me how much money that is. Human beings are stupid. One way to tell how dumb someone is, ask them if they believe in god.
I think the belief in a higher power is not incompatible with science. Now religion is something else entirely.

Why is it hiding?
Belief in a god is a matter of faith, not science so you can't prove or disprove it which is why I never waste my time in such debate.

You actually sound insane to me. People like you are why they've been able to hold us back for thousands of years. You'd be the first one to want to burn a witch in the 1400's you dumb son of a bitch. All for nothing because God doesn't exist. Just because your church, the one you happened to be born in to or the one who happened to find you at the right time and convert you says so? We all know how corrupt the history of "the churches" is. Just look at the crazy Muslims who were born into the god of Islam. You are no different than them. Actually you are more pathetic because in the West there is no excuse for being this dumb.

But I understand a lot of good and smart people also believe in "god". Mostly people believe in god because they can't believe any other way or they want to believe. But most people in America if you ask them if they're a Christian they'll say they are "spiritual" or "I was raised in a Christian home". Why is your religion losing so many faithful followers? I say its too unbelievable to believe today with all the information we have at our fingertips. You'll say Satan did it. But that's how dumb you are. And most Christians are cherry picking liberals. Even gays are Christians. Why? THey want to go to heaven and not hell too. You don't own god. You just insist your version of him is real and others is not. Dummy.
You are the insane idiot atheist.

God existence is obvious and easily seen by his creatures, so that all shall have no excuse for not believing in Him during the Day of Judgment.

Evolution is the last gasp for the atheist. It is the only hope he has left having denied God and accepted the second death option for himself.
Atheists will endeavor at all costs to prove the non-existence of God most especially to themselves. They think if they are successful in having everyone accept the myths of evolution, then God will simply just go away and they will escape the reward for the choice they have made.

Read for yourself unless u r too lazy
I Already found it, just challenging others to.

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because it answers a lot of your questions. No the beasts in the bible were not dinosaurs. LOL. This is the problem with theists. They don't like science because science isn't perfect but what science has done is debunk every bogus religious claim. For example, NO the bibles written less than 10,000 years ago were not referring to dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago.

But you can go to the Himilaya Mountains and find the Takin is the "beast" behind the Golden Fleece story. We also now know because of science that not only are we related to monkeys and fish, we are also related to the Takin and TREES. How did life get started on this planet? Science thinks a comet brought life to earth. Before that we thought something else. Whatever the truth, it isn't found in the bible. The people who wrote the bible were very ancient and primitive. A small percentage of humans invented the technology we all appreciate today and we would be 10,000 years ahead of where we are now if not for religion.
I'm actually relaying on the Hebrew Bible (OT in Hebrew supposed to be original source and later been translated to different versions) in the Hebrew Bible it states clearly 'big crocodiles' the birds and the sea creatures and later the beasts, but I'm definitely going to watch 'The Cosmos' thank you for the recommendation! By the way the Jewish world calendar state the world is 5775 years old - there are however many different theories but the plain answer is 5,775 - here is another challenge, can anyone tell me why is Adam and Eve creation came last?

Of course they saw big crocs and "beasts" back then. Google strange animals from the Himilayas and you'll see all kinds of crazy animals. Maybe they wondered on a bear or rhino for the first time or a wholly mammoth? Who knows.

The world is millions of years old. Watch the Cosmos and you will learn the history of the Cosmos. They put the whole thing in a year map. Day 1 the big bang. November life on earth formed. Man has only been around for 1 day of the entire year. Less. We are just 1 life form on one planet in the universe. We just happen to be the smartest thing on this planet. There are billions of stars in our galaxy alone. We can't even get to the nearest one. Who are we to say we are the only life in the universe? Only a primitive uneducated superstitious person who's been brainwashed with god talk thinking that we are special when we have no proof. The old testament is no different than the new, the mormon books, the Muslims, Greek Gods, Egyptian gods, king james version, whatever. It is all a lie. Most people get that. Most people don't believe organized religions but they say they believe in "something". That's pretty pathetic. But that was the original argument. Some if not most people believed in god(s) but no one knew. They invented him. And then one day Abraham's spin on religion took over the world. Today all three main religions are spawned from that guys original lie that god talked to him. Then the lie that Jesus was god himself and mary was a virgin. Fairytales made up 80 years after the supposed events. Jesus was a Jew and Jews saw him perform miracles? Then why didn't they convert? Yet you want me to believe it was real? Basically 11 guys made up a new cult. BFD.

Just because we are too small to discover life elsewhere, doesn't mean there isn't any. Watch the Cosmos and you'll probably drop the bible once you learn where (god(s)) came from.

There are billions of stars in just our galaxy. There are billions of galaxies. Can you wrap your mind around that? How can you follow a religion that squashed this knowledge for over 1100 years? Today religion "embraces" science because they can no longer deny it. Although they do. Just look at the fool who replied after you.

Life started on earth in the water and then some life evolved and crawled out of the water. All animals are related. Not only that, we are even related to the trees. All life on earth is related. We share the same dna or code. Watch the Cosmos. We branched off to be small mammals then monkeys then man eventually. Hard to grasp this but it took millions of years. We know evolution is real because we made chawawas out of wolves. We fast tracked evolution. We know polar bears evolved from brown hair bears and if the ice keeps melting they'll go brown again. Its all science.

Christians say, "you gotta read the bible" then we'll talk. I say, you have to watch the old and new Cosmos first.
I'm not a Christian but I'm definitely interested in all scientific areas so I will watch it, now before we break the discussion into small subjects I think we should firstly focus on the main logical connections at first, based on my poor knowledge and my humble vocabulary.
I'll try break into these three titles where I'll give you an example;

1.Knowing the Bible is written by man and (in several times quotes God) - Who in the world could possibly posses a knowledge only few in our time does 6,000 years ago?
You mentioned the Himalaya life forms - and delving into the deepest sea creatures - Is there a person in our time that capable of knowing all the life forms on earth? (don't forget that we have a few thousands years advantage including a world media, databases, researching, and of course time) - Is it possible for one to know all the life forms in the world in a life time without ANY of these advantages?
Here is another example - the Kosher subject for eating sea creatures - there is a formula that says all creatures having scales will have a fin, but there's with fin and no scales - in other words who can guarantee that all sea creatures having scales won't have a fin?
Once you realize the Bible is written by a very wise and intelligent person - or even a group(!) - would you rather ignore it complete or assume he/they might be on to something WE can't understand? Give it a thought.

2.As I said before I find the scientific discoveries to be entertainingly similar to the Bible - since like you said and I agree we are incapable of understanding the cosmos entirely why is it any different that understanding God is impossible?
(Example) The Big Bang - Chaos (raw translation - "Chaos and inside itself" ("To'ho vebo ho")) - we all know that in the very first words of the Bible, and we all know the Big Bang in some way extracted the cosmos - so far it goes precisely as the Bible said - next God created the 'Light' which is overwriting the default - Darkness - and here we are again finding that science is proving whats written in the Bible centuries ago! -
I would like to refer you to professor Nathan Aviezer that discuss all these connections, this is an appetizer.
Let me quote Mr.Aviezer - the scientific evidence won't make anyone believe in God.
(And also another point about the miracles and Jesus, it is known never to expect a miracle, and that miracles can't make you believe - this is a very big topic I would like to go over later, so lets hold here, I'll bring this one up later)

3.This is a scientific paradox for the logic you suggest, what came first the chicken or the egg? - So far the flaws in the Bible explained by modern science - but is the modern science flawless to be able to disprove the Bible which proved itself to be correct when science turned us down for centuries?
The Europeans considered tomatoes to be poisoned for many years, and they surly been the most modern and advanced society in their time, what makes you think the science of today is flawless and everything is correct? The Europeans thought reasonably that a defenseless fruit with only a red color to warn possible predators is poisoned - its all make sense, but is it? this is mostly a food for thought :)lol:) but lets get down to the third point - Science surly has it flaws, the greatest scientific minds always repeated that - How can you possible disprove the Bible with a flawed evidence? This leads me to the third and final conclusion coming from this point forward:
Its either coexisted or never existed at all, but since we know the two exists, what option left possible? - The flaw is in us.

I Know this is a hell of a long post and I'm sorry about that I was trying to cut down where I could and make it most readable for everyone.

I believe the religious authority back in the day was intelligent. Those religious books they wrote back then were the best that anyone could come up with at the time. If they weren't smart they wouldn't be i charge. But they weren't that smart. We wouldn't even have electricity if it weren't for a few smart scientists.

Do you know who Michael Faraday is? He and other great minds throughout modern history discovered things and all the great minds that believed in God argued every time the facts didn't jive with their religions. If you watch the Cosmos you will learn of a few great men and their battles with rulers and religions. If not for some of them, we wouldn't have electricity. And a lot of them had their information squashed and some of them were burned at the stake for questioning the church/state, which back then were one and the same. Great Chinese, Greek, Iraqi, Iranian scientists who we don't even know much about today because of these "smart" men who wrote the bible and destroyed any proof that contradicted their religions.

I don't care what the bible says about eating bottom feeders. Watch the Cosmos and see what Newton, Einstein, Darwin, Carl Sagan and others have figured out. It'll make your religion seem outdated and pathetic. It will blow your mind.

We are all made of star stuff. Protons, Atoms, Molecules. The planet is a living thing. The universe is a living thing. If you look at your DNA, you are a little universe. Follow the laws of science. Question everything.

Those who raise questions about the God hypothesis and the soul hypothesis are by no means all atheists. An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do to be sure that no such God exists. To be certain of the existence of God and to be certain of the nonexistence of God seem to me to be the confident extremes in a subject so riddled with doubt and uncertainty as to inspire very little confidence indeed.

The bible isn't right about the creation of the universe and you know it. 300 billion years ago the big bang occured. Lets put it on a calendar. If the big bang was Jan 1st, the stars didn't form until May and life on earth didn't start until November and humans have only been around for the last day of the year. We are such a small part of the Cosmos. And there is probably life somewhere living around every star you see in the sky. Or at least many of them. So there is life on billions of other planets.

You are using my dad's argument. He says science is stupid and wrong and how can they know for sure because they weren't there 100's of thousands of years ago. But I say to him, "look at sciences evidence" And feel free to challenge science. If it is wrong it wants to know. But religion does not. Religion says "it is god that created us" when religion does not know that. And for thousands of years they killed you if you disagreed. So fact is, it is a cop out to say "must be god". Better to keep looking for the answers and keep an open mind to everything. Watch the Cosmos and come back and tell me you see evidence of a creator. More likely you'll realize the Universe(s) are all there is, all there ever was and all there ever will be. No god needed.

Why is it hiding?
Belief in a god is a matter of faith, not science so you can't prove or disprove it which is why I never waste my time in such debate.

Did you read a bible? Wouldn't you want to hear both sides to the debate before you decide? Wouldn't you want to have all the information first? Wouldn't you like to know where religion came from, how many other religions came before yours, how your religion cherry picked things like the flood from previous religions. Then watch teh Cosmos. Maybe once you realize why you reject every other god except yours, you'll realize why I reject yours. Religion(s) are power. There use to be no separation of church and state. So for thousands of years they forced us to believe. They also came up with a brilliant way to guilt you into belief. Hell.

I truly believe religion and believing in god is no necessary and evil. Yes, I said that. Belief in god is evil because being stupid is a sin. I don't blame humans. Once you watch the Cosmos you'll see how and why we choose to believe. But that's no excuse for a modern day person living in the West. The good thing I see is that most people I know say they believe in god but that's about as far as it goes. I like that. Today god is less dangerous than he was decades ago. But they still use god to control us. Vote against gays and stem cell research and they use religion to lie us into war. If humans were more logical, rational and educated they wouldn't be able to do this to us. Great example is today we are arguing with the corporations that coal isn't destroying our planet. The same corporations who said cigarettes were good for us and that lead was not harmful. Greed from the rich and their ignorant flock which they control through the churches. Who gives the most to churches? CEO's of corporations. I'm getting off on a tangent but the fact is religion is ignorance. The more religious the person, the more ignorant.

Evolution is the last gasp for the atheist. It is the only hope he has left having denied God and accepted the second death option for himself.
Atheists will endeavor at all costs to prove the non-existence of God most especially to themselves. They think if they are successful in having everyone accept the myths of evolution, then God will simply just go away and they will escape the reward for the choice they have made.

We have very good evidence evolution is real and god was made up. And I promise you I have no evil motive behind not liking religion. And it is not the devil in me. If you come back with that, that makes you stupid.

I just remembered a scene in the Cosmos. The religious establishment laughed at the person who came up with Tactonic Plates and the theory that the earth use to be one big continent but then broke apart. Pangea. The religious establishment insisted that there was a land bridge that the animals crossed but scientifically that argument has so many holes it makes no sense. But for years the establishment laughed at the idea. The scientist died before his theory was proven true. Why does the religious establishment fight science so much? Because religion is and has always been so wrong about everything. You think your religion is perfect? Sure after being edited for thousands of years by kings and popes.

You are the insane idiot atheist.

God existence is obvious and easily seen by his creatures, so that all shall have no excuse for not believing in Him during the Day of Judgment.

If god(s) existence were obvious the greatest minds in the world wouldn't question it.

Why not more than one god? That's what we thought for hundreds of thousands of years before we finally settled on the 1 god concept. What evidence did we use to decide there is only 1 god?

If you were born back in ancient Greece you'd believe in multiple gods. Would you be right? Multiple gods seemed obvious to them. You could look up in the sky and see millions of gods (stars). Little did they know those were just other suns and they are so far away we just can't see that life is all over the universe. So instead superstitious/ignorant/primitive man decided we were all there was. Special. And the sun and cosmos revolved around us. We were wrong again.

Doesn't seem to matter how much we are wrong about god. Still doesn't prove god doesn't exist, right? But tell us this. Why is he hiding? And please don't use any of the stuff you read in the bible. If you do, also show me what every other 999 former and prior religions say. Doesn't matter what they say because they didn't use science to figure it out. If they did, show me the science.

Going 2, there is a difference between astrology and astronomy. God has no problem with astronomy. Christ even tells us to look to the stars for a sign of His return. Astrology on the other hand, is depending on the stars to chart your future instead of on Christ to cement it.

The cosmos has an order to it that man just recently realized. Cosmos means order. The more dimensions Tyson and his colleagues find, the more they start to understand that, not only have those dimensions ALWAYS been there, but what their attributes are, the closer science gets to the Physics of God. The ones with which He designed the universe, and told us all about in the Bible. Hawking was surprised to find more dimensions, Christians were not.

In the Cosmos they talk about how primitive people throughout human history viewed Comets. They thought they were bad signs from the gods too.

Why did man realize the order of the Cosmos? Because religion could no longer suppress that knowledge. But boy did they try. 2500 years ago
Aristarchus of Samos discovered that we revolve around the sun but His astronomical ideas were rejected in favor of the geocentric theories of Aristotle and Ptolemy.

So it took over 1000 years for us humans to finally realize he was right. Who squashed this knowledge? Religion and rulers of course, who back then were one and the same. Still are imo.

Why is it hiding?

Well if religion wants to pass laws based on this unseen character, don't you think they should be required to prove its existence before they tell us that "he" doesn't like gay marriage, abortion or stem cell research?

Religion and the Holy Father are linked directly. One can not exist without the others existence, like sin and satan

So too was the Sun Gods and Greek Gods. They too were religions.

Here is why religion is wrong. No religion can stand up to this test:

1. Test Ideas by experimentation and observation
  2. Build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail
  3. Follow the evidence wherever it leads
  4. And question everything
So none of you no matter what god you believe in can prove that your not just another religion out of the 1000 religions that man has invented since we were smart enough to imagine up gods because we didn't know what those lights were in the sky and we wanted to know why.

Why is it hiding?

Well if religion wants to pass laws based on this unseen character, don't you think they should be required to prove its existence before they tell us that "he" doesn't like gay marriage, abortion or stem cell research?

He also doesn't like murder, theft, or drunkenness. Guess we can't have laws against those.

Use this method and then tell me how or why you still believe:

1. Test Ideas by experimentation and observation
  2. Build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail
  3. Follow the evidence wherever it leads
  4. And question everything
When you say you believe in god what you are saying is that you don't know and so you will fill in the gap of what you don't know with the answer, "must be a god".

You want to believe. You've been brainwashed to believe. Humans don't like not knowing. Wishful thinking. Afraid of what's going to happen when you die. Can't imagine any other explanation. These are all just some of the reasons why humans believe in god despite the fact there is no evidence.

Why is it hiding?

He also doesn't like murder, theft, or drunkenness. Guess we can't have laws against those.

Doesn't secular America have non religious laws to deal with those things?

Anyways, you missed the point. I'm just trying to explain to that other person why they shouldn't be allowed to say, "you just gotta have faith my big guy exists" and then try to pass laws that the big guy doesn't like.

We humans don't like murder or theft. No god needed. Your god is not necessary.

False. Satan planted the fossils to test our faith!
Yeah, and he must have invented radio active isotopes, a basis for measuring the age of the earth, radio telescopes and spectrometry that helped us determine the age of universe, DNA which helps us understand evolution. He's been a pretty busy guy.

Religious beliefs are typically based on faith. Most religious folks believe that, through revelation, God has taught them absolute truth. Any compromise with the beliefs of scientists would require them to reject their own religious beliefs. Very few are willing to do that. Thus there will always be a conflict between science and religion. In religion, we are taught to accept based on faith. In science, we are taught to accept nothing based on faith.
I TOLD you, the earth was CEREATED OLD!!

Repent Flopper repent!!!!
Being a Doubting Thomas, I'm doomed.

Acceptance is the first step flopper!!! :rofl:

Is faking it ok? I want to go to heaven but I just can't believe Mary was a virgin. I think men made that up long after Jesus supposedly came and went. NOTHING you or any church can change my mind. No offense to Jesus or God if they exist. It is you and your corrupt church I don't believe. Why would god make the test that I have to believe you and your lying church? And notice the Muslims in the Middle East are told a completely different lie and like your lie if they don't believe they will be killed. You think you are nicer then Muslims because you don't kill non believers. You just send them to hell to burn for eternity. You are sicker and meaner than them. Anyways, when you realize how and why you reject all the other religions, you'll realize why I reject yours. If you were born in Iraq you'd be a Muslim.

Forum List

Back