The County: the story of America's deadliest police

Buck111

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2016
Police in Kern County, California, have killed more people per capita than in any other American county in 2015. The Guardian examines how, with little oversight, officers here became the country’s most lethal

Part one of a five-part series from The Counted

Seventy-five years after Kern County’s leaders banned The Grapes of Wrath from their schools and libraries, complaining that John Steinbeck’s new book portrayed their policemen as “divested of sympathy or human decency or understanding”, officer Aaron Stringer placed his hands on the body of James De La Rosa without permission.

De La Rosa had just been shot dead by police officers in Bakersfield, the biggest city in this central California county, after crashing his car when they tried to pull him over. He was unarmed. Now the 22-year-old oilfield worker lay on a gurney in the successor to the coroner’s office where Tom Joad’s granma awaited a pauper’s funeral in the 1939 novel.

Stringer, a senior Bakersfield officer whose plaudits for once saving a colleague in peril had been overshadowed by his arrest for a hit-and-run while driving under the influence of prescription drugs, reached under the bloodied white sheet and tickled De La Rosa’s toes. Then, a junior officer reported to commanders, he jerked the head to one side and joked about rigor mortis.

“I love playing with dead bodies,” said Stringer.

The County: the story of America's deadliest police

Violent_crime_trends_on_the_rise_in_Bake_1_32651220_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

They just days ago killed a 73 year old man holding a crucifix. Wasn't a gang member or a criminal.

Are you saying New York, Chicago, Detroit don't have have violent crime rates? Are you saying Kern is populated the same as these three cities? No and No? Then why does Kern have a higher kill rate by cops than do the aforementioned?

Lot's of illegal alien beaners

Trump will fix it

What evidence do you have that Trump will fix anything? Every (p)resident of the whitehouse said they would fix everything, and, all any of them has done is fuck shit up. How is your new messiah any better than the old messiahs?

Last edited:
Bakersfield is in Kern County. Loaded with dealin' beaners, meth, heroin, gangs and scads of white trash. You go running through a neighborhood waving a Crucifix at night...........good luck. When they tell you to put it down, do it.

OK, maybe the old guy was brain damaged. Too bad. If it comes down to Cops or scum? error on side of VALUABLE trained Police Officer. No harm, no foul. 73 years is a pretty good run. Maybe he wanted to be put down?

There are not many bad shoots in a nation with 330 million. About 1/3 are crazed criminals. Not enough shootings it would seem?

Bakersfield is in Kern County. Loaded with dealin' beaners, meth, heroin, gangs and scads of white trash. You go running through a neighborhood waving a Crucifix at night...........good luck. When they tell you to put it down, do it.

OK, maybe the old guy was brain damaged. Too bad. If it comes down to Cops or scum? error on side of VALUABLE trained Police Officer. No harm, no foul. 73 years is a pretty good run. Maybe he wanted to be put down?

There are not many bad shoots in a nation with 330 million. About 1/3 are crazed criminals. Not enough shootings it would seem?
Was going to say, I hope this doesn't happen to someone in your family. But, truth is, maybe something like this should happen in your family so you will realize just how fucked up your thinking is. If you can side with cops dumping 5 bullets into a 73 year old man, maybe you need a wake up call.

"OK, maybe the old guy was brain damaged. Too bad. "
Suppose you come into my yard, carrying a crucifix and brain damaged. Does that justify my shooting you five fucking times?
Enablers of killer cops are worse than the killer cops themselves.

It's rare that a post has that perfect mix of ignorance and stupidity. My hat is off to you. It couldn't have been easy to achieve.

"...VALUABLE trained Police Officer."
I like how you just yell out how valuable cops are. Shout it from the rooftops - cops are more valuable than anybody else!
Wow. Now, that is what I call "ate up from the gate up."

And "trained"? The average cop gets less training before putting on his costume and lethal weapons than a barber in the U.S.
States require more training time to become a barber than a police officer - CNN.com

Before you go flaunting your worsphip for cops, you might want to go have a look see at my thread: Bad Cop, No Donut

Forum List

Back