The damaging case against James Comey

This not about executive privilege it's about violation of policy for employees.

Oh, I’m sorry.

So the conversations were not privileged.

Why would you dream up that it was “classified”?
You have never held a security clearance, that much is obvious.
That illegal requests have no such privilege or classification is also obvious when you’re talking to the nations’ top cop.
Comey does not have immunity... What an ignorant fool..

Yeah I agree. Only a “fool” would think I ever said something. You shouldn’t be that hard on yourself though. I’m sure it’s not easy being a Trump knob polisher.:itsok:
Poor little Alyinskite... Just using the rules for radicals and getting your butt beat by facts... Priceless...

Whatever gets you through the night there short stack. Meanwhile, claiming privilege after the fact is a no-go.
laughable ignorance.... you got it down pat..

Whatever….meanwhile claiming privilege after the fact is a no-go. Per the federal bench.
It was about an ongoing investigation....Comey leaked...big trouble for him.

As it was with Mr. Clinton. Federal judge said Clinton couldn’t claim privilege after the fact. Not looking good for your messiah.

As for Comey’s leaks..they were never classified. Sorry.
Clinton had already testified under oath. This is in now way about executive priveledge.Comey violated federal policy with his leak.

Oh, so now it’s “federal policy”…perhaps he should be fired. Oh wait, he was fired. So he wasn’t a federal employee when it happened….

Oh, I’m sorry.

So the conversations were not privileged.

Why would you dream up that it was “classified”?
You have never held a security clearance, that much is obvious.
That illegal requests have no such privilege or classification is also obvious when you’re talking to the nations’ top cop.
Comey does not have immunity... What an ignorant fool..

Yeah I agree. Only a “fool” would think I ever said something about immunity. You shouldn’t be that hard on yourself though. I’m sure it’s not easy being a Trump knob polisher.:itsok:
Poor little Alyinskite... Just using the rules for radicals and getting your butt beat by facts...

Have no idea what that means……meanwhile, you can’t claim privilege after the fact.

laughable ignorance.... you got it down pat..

Whatever….meanwhile claiming privilege after the fact is a no-go. Per the federal bench.
Mueller is pissed! Mueller gave him the ok to release it in the hearing, Mueller did not give him permission to leak the information meaning it was still classified at time of release/leak.
:link:

I provided a few from Cornell and the FBI. You won't read them because you if you did, you would see how sad you all look. Your defending a lie.
There is credibility in what you say. A poster provides a link that verifies what they say yet the responding poster responds without reading the link and discussing that just makes them look foolish. It resorts to needless namecalling and stupid comments such as "ass and fucking hypocrites." I am going to learn to put themon ignore.

Mueller is pissed! Mueller gave him the ok to release it in the hearing, Mueller did not give him permission to leak the information meaning it was still classified at time of release/leak.
:link:

I provided a few from Cornell and the FBI. You won't read them because you if you did, you would see how sad you all look. Your defending a lie.
There is credibility in what you say. A poster provides a link that verifies what they say yet the responding poster responds without reading the link and discussing that just makes them look foolish. It resorts to needless namecalling and stupid comments such as "ass and fucking hypocrites." I am going to learn to put themon ignore.

Read it and weep:

Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

1. After calling Comey a “showboat” and poor director, Comey proceeded to commit an unethical and unprofessional act in leaking damaging memos against Trump.

2. Comey described a series of ethical challenges during his term as FBI director. Yet, he almost uniformly avoided taking a firm stand in support of the professional standards of the FBI.

3, Trump allegedly asked for Comey to drop the investigation of Michael Flynn or pledge loyalty, Comey did not tell the president that he was engaging in wildly inappropriate conduct. He instead wrote a memo to file and told close aides. He now says that he wishes he had the courage or foresight to have taken a stand with the president.

4.However, the clearest violation came in the days following his termination. Comey admits that he gave the damaging memos to a friend at Columbia Law School with the full knowledge that the information would be given to the media. It was a particularly curious moment for a former director who was asked by the president to fight the leakers in the government. He proceeded in becoming one of the most consequential leakers against Trump.

. 5.He did not confer with the FBI or the Justice Department. He did not ask for any classification review despite one of the parties described being the president of the United States. He simply sent the memos to a law professor to serve as a conduit to the media.

6. Comey asked why Trump would ask everyone to leave the Oval Office to speak with Comey unless he was doing something improper. Yet, Trump could ask why Comey would use a third party to leak these memos if they were his property and there was nothing improper in their public release.

7. (Comey) is suggesting that any federal employee effectively owns documents created during federal employment in relation to an ongoing investigation so long as they address the information to themselves. FBI agents routinely write such memos in investigations. They are called 302s to memorialize field interviews or fact acquisitions. They are treated as FBI information.

8.The Justice Department routinely claims such memos as privileged and covered by the deliberative process privilege and other privileges.

He just woke up in the middle of night upset about Trump’s name calling and released the damaging information. In doing so, he used these memos not as a shield but a sword.

9. Besides being subject to nondisclosure agreements, Comey falls under federal laws governing the disclosure of classified and unclassified information. Assuming that the memos were not classified (though it seems odd that it would not be classified even on the confidential level), there is 18 U.S.C. § 641

10. When Comey released the information, he knew that he was going to be called to Congress where he could disclose this information properly after giving the White House a chance to claim privilege. Instead, he decided to release the information early. Why?

11. The fact is that the leaking of the memos worked to the advantage of James Comey, not Robert Mueller. Comey was able to take over the narrative and news cycle after Trump had publicly belittled him and his record.

12. (Trump) was able to bait Comey with his tweets and cause Comey to diminish his own credibility. If the comments of Trump were grossly inappropriate, Comey’s response to those comments were equally
inappropriate.

OPINION: The damaging case against James Comey

This puts the entire narrative in the proper perspective. When trying to attack Trump in a "he said - he said situation," Comey has put himself in a dubious position which actually makes you wonder about his integrity and ability to overcome the fight for revenge when following the rules and laws put before him as an agent of the government.
He may very well put himself in jeopardy more that he put Trump.
... so you swallowed this complex spam hook line and sinker huh ?!
Tell me what you disagree with and present your links. I would appreciate it.
Don't try to suck me into this long verbose spam thread.

I'll cut to the chase instead.

Comey's sworn testimony was credible.

Mueller now has a lot more to investigate, including Comey's documented testimony before the Senate.

DJ Trump is looking more and more like an unconstitutional tyrant committing crimes and misdemeanors left and right.

That's the long and short of it.

There is no legitimate criticism for anything Comey said or did.

The ball is now in Mueller's court.

And Trump is on thin ice.

You will be sad here soon. As it is you last best hope was borne out to be just another money grubbing politition who sold out his prescous FBI for ten million bucks. I wonder if his FBI pals still thing he is the symbol of leadership and discipline he claims. Doubt it.
A few of my FBI friends tell me Comey is a disgrace and has disgraced the Agency. They feel their integrity is now tarnished by his acts... The majority of agents do not support him and want him charged. There is a sever backlash coming for Comey.

For this reason you can bet a Special Counsel will be in charge of this investigation.

So say you. Glenn Beck says that the FBI agents he talked to were very supportive of Comey. Trump attacked the FBI's credibility because it stood in his way.

It (Comey’s notes/memos etc….) were never classified at all; ever. Period.

Go to the FBI website. Click on employee hand book. You will see they did not need to be classified. They were taken on government time on government devices. It's right there from the FBI's mouth.

So if the FBI Cafeteria prints out a sign and tapes it in the window saying “no soup today” it’s classified? Hilarious. At any rate, Do you have any proof that the documents that Comey gave to his friend at Columbia were written on a government laptop?

Hokey shit. I'm blown away. You are doing that thing that children do when they put their fingers in there ears and go "lalala I cant hear you lalala." But going to your point about the soup signs. Far as I can tell it wouldn't be classified, it wouldn't matter if I saw said sign and decided I could sell that as an official FBI cafeteria "no soup sign " and I removed it and sold it, or I took out my FBI issued smart phone , took a picture and sold that. Your scenario is way off the mark, but again, here is the law that covers it,

18 U.S. Code § 641 - Public money, property or records

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or

Whoever receives, conceals, or retains the same with intent to convert it to his use or gain, knowing it to have been embezzled, stolen, purloined or converted—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; but if the value of such property in the aggregate, combining amounts from all the counts for which the defendant is convicted in a single case, does not exceed the sum of $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

The word “value” means face, par, or market value, or cost price, either wholesale or retail, whichever is greater.

Mueller now has a lot more to investigate, including Comey's documented testimony before the Senate.

DJ Trump is looking more and more like an unconstitutional tyrant committing crimes and misdemeanors left and right.

You will be sad here soon. As it is you last best hope was borne out to be just another money grubbing politition who sold out his prescous FBI for ten million bucks. I wonder if his FBI pals still thing he is the symbol of leadership and discipline he claims. Doubt it.
A few of my FBI friends tell me Comey is a disgrace and has disgraced the Agency. They feel their integrity is now tarnished by his acts... The majority of agents do not support him and want him charged. There is a sever backlash coming for Comey.

For this reason you can bet a Special Counsel will be in charge of this investigation.

So say you. Glenn Beck says that the FBI agents he talked to were very supportive of Comey. Trump attacked the FBI's credibility because it stood in his way.
How did the FBI stand in Trump's way?

Un named sources and from Glen Beck? That's the same as quoting unnamed sources from Alex Jones.

Go to the FBI website. Click on employee hand book. You will see they did not need to be classified. They were taken on government time on government devices. It's right there from the FBI's mouth.

So if the FBI Cafeteria prints out a sign and tapes it in the window saying “no soup today” it’s classified? Hilarious. At any rate, Do you have any proof that the documents that Comey gave to his friend at Columbia were written on a government laptop?

Hokey shit. I'm blown away. You are doing that thing that children do when they put their fingers in there ears and go "lalala I cant hear you lalala." But going to your point about the soup signs. Far as I can tell it wouldn't be classified, it wouldn't matter if I saw said sign and decided I could sell that as an official FBI cafeteria "no soup sign " and I removed it and sold it, or I took out my FBI issued smart phone , took a picture and sold that. Your scenario is way off the mark, but again, here is the law that covers it,

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or

Whoever receives, conceals, or retains the same with intent to convert it to his use or gain, knowing it to have been embezzled, stolen, purloined or converted—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; but if the value of such property in the aggregate, combining amounts from all the counts for which the defendant is convicted in a single case, does not exceed the sum of $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

The word “value” means face, par, or market value, or cost price, either wholesale or retail, whichever is greater.

And?

How did the FBI stand in Trump's way?

By investigating his deposed NSA aide which would be politically damaging for him for starters.

And?

Balls in your court toots.

Means absolutely nothing. Trump sues everyone. He has 5,000 open lawsuits at the moment. When the whiny little bitch doesn't get his way, he sues.
He even sued Bill Maher when Bill accused his mother of being an orangutan. He wanted to see Trump's birth certificate. LolTrump backed down. Bill won. He'll back down against Comey too.

Won't have to. Comey got his money so he ran off.
Where does the article on Comey being pursued for a book deal, does it say that Comey ACCEPTED A BOOK DEAL....???

Put up or shut up.....please link to comey accepting a book deal for boo-coos of money?

there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE, ya know?
Just the possibility of getting millions is wrong when its a republican but actually getting millions of dollars (like the clintons did) is OK....

Fucking hypocrites...
Huh? Are you saying James Comey should take the $10 million book or tabloid deal? He's the lifelong Republican....?

Means absolutely nothing. Trump sues everyone. He has 5,000 open lawsuits at the moment. When the whiny little bitch doesn't get his way, he sues.
He even sued Bill Maher when Bill accused his mother of being an orangutan. He wanted to see Trump's birth certificate. LolTrump backed down. Bill won. He'll back down against Comey too.

Where does the article on Comey being pursued for a book deal, does it say that Comey ACCEPTED A BOOK DEAL....???

Put up or shut up.....please link to comey accepting a book deal for boo-coos of money?

Just the possibility of getting millions is wrong when its a republican but actually getting millions of dollars (like the clintons did) is OK....

Fucking hypocrites...
Huh? Are you saying James Comey should take the $10 million book or tabloid deal? He's the lifelong Republican....?
And a current liar.

Fucking hypocrites...

What? I give two shits what Comey identifies as. I hate all politicians equally. They are all pieces of lazy greedy shit. Comey would be one of the insects that crawl around among the piles of shit snatching crumbs. So yeah, I am fine with Comey taking the money. I'm sure his PR guy he had his whole time at the FBI worked hard to get it for him.

Fucking hypocrites...
And a current liar.

Fucking hypocrites...
And a current liar.
I'm not sure if I would call either Trump or Comey a "liar." Neither has been proven. From what has come out, I do think that a) Trump was hoping to get the Flynn matter shut down, but Thank God he didn't came out and say it!, b) was waiting for the Russian investigation conclusion to know if any of his associates were involved c) looked forward to working with Comey, which is what he said, but evidently felt differently later and d) wanted to know if he personally was under investigation.

We also know that Comey did not act appropriately (For the Director of the FBI), for if he thought his job was on the line, he should have said that the conversation was innapropriate and over. The same for the status of any investigation in the FBI that doesn't involve a threat to the US homeland security. He even acknowledges he did not handle himself properly, or ethically.

Releasing those memos via a third party was petty, vengeful and an opportunity for Comey to change the focus if the hearing from the Russian involvement to how Trump defamed him and basically was mean to him. That does not make for a strong FBI Director, but not a liar. yet.

Fucking hypocrites...
And a current liar.

Fucking hypocrites...
And a current liar.
I'm not sure if I would call either Trump or Comey a "liar." Neither has been proven. From what has come out, I do think that a) Trump was hoping to get the Flynn matter shut down, but Thank God he didn't came out and say it!, b) was waiting for the Russian investigation conclusion to know if any of his associates were involved c) looked forward to working with Comey, which is what he said, but evidently felt differently later and d) wanted to know if he personally was under investigation.

We also know that Comey did not act appropriately (For the Director of the FBI), for if he thought his job was on the line, he should have said that the conversation was innapropriate and over. The same for the status of any investigation in the FBI that doesn't involve a threat to the US homeland security. He even acknowledges he did not handle himself properly, or ethically.

Releasing those memos via a third party was petty, vengeful and an opportunity for Comey to change the focus if the hearing from the Russian involvement to how Trump defamed him and basically was mean to him. That does not make for a strong FBI Director, but not a liar. yet.

Lie may be the wrong word for now, but we will see in time. Comey may have shot Trump up pretty badly, Comey won't the fire fight, but I think ultimately he will lose the war and that untrue statements wil come out.

A few more things,

Susan Collins said Comeys memos are us property. Comey has yet to put these memos in anyone's hands other then the medias and. Okay has declined to testify under oath in front of the judiciary committee. Looking worse for Comey.

1. After calling Comey a “showboat” and poor director, Comey proceeded to commit an unethical and unprofessional act in leaking damaging memos against Trump.

2. Comey described a series of ethical challenges during his term as FBI director. Yet, he almost uniformly avoided taking a firm stand in support of the professional standards of the FBI.

3, Trump allegedly asked for Comey to drop the investigation of Michael Flynn or pledge loyalty, Comey did not tell the president that he was engaging in wildly inappropriate conduct. He instead wrote a memo to file and told close aides. He now says that he wishes he had the courage or foresight to have taken a stand with the president.

4.However, the clearest violation came in the days following his termination. Comey admits that he gave the damaging memos to a friend at Columbia Law School with the full knowledge that the information would be given to the media. It was a particularly curious moment for a former director who was asked by the president to fight the leakers in the government. He proceeded in becoming one of the most consequential leakers against Trump.

. 5.He did not confer with the FBI or the Justice Department. He did not ask for any classification review despite one of the parties described being the president of the United States. He simply sent the memos to a law professor to serve as a conduit to the media.

6. Comey asked why Trump would ask everyone to leave the Oval Office to speak with Comey unless he was doing something improper. Yet, Trump could ask why Comey would use a third party to leak these memos if they were his property and there was nothing improper in their public release.

7. (Comey) is suggesting that any federal employee effectively owns documents created during federal employment in relation to an ongoing investigation so long as they address the information to themselves. FBI agents routinely write such memos in investigations. They are called 302s to memorialize field interviews or fact acquisitions. They are treated as FBI information.

8.The Justice Department routinely claims such memos as privileged and covered by the deliberative process privilege and other privileges.

He just woke up in the middle of night upset about Trump’s name calling and released the damaging information. In doing so, he used these memos not as a shield but a sword.

9. Besides being subject to nondisclosure agreements, Comey falls under federal laws governing the disclosure of classified and unclassified information. Assuming that the memos were not classified (though it seems odd that it would not be classified even on the confidential level), there is 18 U.S.C. § 641

10. When Comey released the information, he knew that he was going to be called to Congress where he could disclose this information properly after giving the White House a chance to claim privilege. Instead, he decided to release the information early. Why?

11. The fact is that the leaking of the memos worked to the advantage of James Comey, not Robert Mueller. Comey was able to take over the narrative and news cycle after Trump had publicly belittled him and his record.

12. (Trump) was able to bait Comey with his tweets and cause Comey to diminish his own credibility. If the comments of Trump were grossly inappropriate, Comey’s response to those comments were equally
inappropriate.

OPINION: The damaging case against James Comey

This puts the entire narrative in the proper perspective. When trying to attack Trump in a "he said - he said situation," Comey has put himself in a dubious position which actually makes you wonder about his integrity and ability to overcome the fight for revenge when following the rules and laws put before him as an agent of the government.
He may very well put himself in jeopardy more that he put Trump.
Just politics?

You can add to your list his actions with Lorreta Lynch when she ordered Comey to change the definition of investigation and terminate the investigation into the Clinton's, interfering with the investigation and changing the narrative he used from 'investigation' to "matter" making it appear there was no criminal conduct.

How does he square the order from Lynch, who actually did interfere with the investigation to the Clinton's, from the innuendo he alleged Trump did? Why did he not report it as required by law?

Then the Comey leak, leaked everything to damage Trump but hid everything that vindicated Trump.. Why?

Comey is a partisan hack and a snake... His behaviors prove it beyond all doubt.
Link?

Forum List

Back