The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

When was Brown ‘convicted’ of ‘robbery’?

In the United States persons are innocent of alleged crimes until proved guilty in a court of law.

INCLUDING Police Officers. But I guess that is different right?

No one is suggesting he be executed. But if anyone else had shot and killed someone, they would have been arrested. This man's name was not even released until today.

And THERE is the real source of the problem.

An "investigation" by the police department isn't going to cut it. Cops covering for cops is the impression I get from this department and their history of burying excessive force complaints and reports - I'm not gonna just take their word on much.

I also wouldn't trust the dead man's family and friends to handle the investigation either. But this department appears to have some serious problems.

1408095936529.cached.jpg

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.
Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.

“On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform,” reads the charge sheet.

The address is the headquarters of the Ferguson Police Department, where a 52-year-old welder named Henry Davis was taken in the predawn hours on that date. He had been arrested for an outstanding warrant that proved to actually be for another man of the same surname, but a different middle name and Social Security number.

“I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me,’” Davis later testified.

MUCH MORE: The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

So, Ferguson cops beat the shit out of an innocent man and then charged him for bleeding on their uniforms. Unreal.

High 5, Lakhota.
I didn't think this was their first racial incident. It's just the first one to make national news.

Wow, now that we know the "victim" was a robber you're reaching way back in history for anything aren't ya? Could make similar statements about every other city's police force too. Doesn't mean the current one is bad or guilty of anything.

While many other police depts have been guilty of beating a suspect, if it is true the name was prosecuted for getting his blood on their uniforms it shows a completely different level of depravity and arrogance.

I have a hard time believing that one.

Safe to say that you have never been stopped while Black...

Wow, now that we know the "victim" was a robber you're reaching way back in history for anything aren't ya? Could make similar statements about every other city's police force too. Doesn't mean the current one is bad or guilty of anything.

When was Brown ‘convicted’ of ‘robbery’?

In the United States persons are innocent of alleged crimes until proved guilty in a court of law.

Due process doesn't apply to 3/5 persons, didn't ya know?

From the article linked in the OP:

"Schottel got another unpleasant surprise when he sought the use-of-force history of the officers involved. He learned that before a new chief took over in 2010 the department had a surprising protocol for non-fatal use-of-force reports.

“The officer himself could complete it and give it to the supervisor for his approval,” the prior chief, Thomas Moonier, testified in a deposition. “I would read it. It would be placed in my out basket, and my secretary would probably take it and put it with the case file.”

No copy was made for the officer’s personnel file.

“Everything involved in an incident would generally be with the police report,” Moonier said. “I don’t know what they maintain in personnel files.”

“Who was in charge of personnel files, of maintaining them?” Schottel asked.

“I have no idea,” Moonier said. “I believe City Hall, but I don’t know.”

Schottel focused on the date of the incident.

“On September 20th, 2009, was there any way to identify any officers that were subject of one or more citizens’ complaints?” he asked.

“Not to my knowledge,” Moonier said.

“Was there any way to identify any officers who had completed several use-of-force reports?”

“I don’t recall.”"

That is really damning.

You have to love how they convict people without all the facts in and the investigation hardly started

they did the same with Zimmerman and he was found to be "not guilty" In a court of law by a jury of his peers

man the op is obsessed with this one...next week who knows

Forum List

Back