The Dems may not like what the GOP Senators consider "disqualifying" going forward

What will the GOP controlled Senate consider disqualifying for dem USSC nominees going forward

• Any sexual misconduct

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Any juvenile transgression (theft, underage drinking, etc.)

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Any drug use, including marijuana

• Any DUI

• Any police booking of ANY type

• Total voters
After the dems put up such a circus against Kavanaugh, one of the most qualified candidates in history, what repercussions can the dems expect from the GOP going forward. IMHO any "sexual misconduct" (including bringing the big dog out) is one, any "juvenile transgression" (theft, underage drinking, etc.), any drug use, including marijuana, any DUI, any PFA, any felony, etc.

I'm sure the FBI or Senate investigators could find something disqualifying on any and all democrat nominees going forward. If they can even find anyone to run that gauntlet.
None! The republicans have played dirtier pool than this for a while. So realy there is no threats to be made. Oh what more of the same big deal!
who have they made up lies about to keep them from SCOTUS? or anything else? we're not talking random assholes - we're talking party politics. gimme your facts. this should be fun.
List the proven lies of the left that should be fun also. It appears Kavenough lied! It never happened but he was out in front of it before it was reported. How does that happen? There is a good lie .

And that is the new McConnell Rule

Leave a seat infiled until you gain the Presidency. It will forever change the function of the court as one or more seats remain unfilled

Majority Leader McConnell didn't make the rule, at best he had enough votes in the Senate to add Supreme Court Justices to the rule change Senate Democrats voted on under Majority Leader Reid. In order to circumvent the Senate cloture vote rule, Majority Leader Reid and Majority Leader McConnell did the exact same thing, and I don't care what your excuse for it may be.

(edit)
Neither party is more or less guilty of it, and arguing about who did it first, or under what circumstances, doesn't change the fact they did.

Last edited:
Great.
By your logic then, no appointment should be made until the American people have decided which party will control congress in five weeks.

The fact the Senate Majority Leader has the ability to block a vote, because enough Americans have elected Senators in his party, or that caucus with his party, is a fact. It doesn't matter when the election occurs, the Senate Majority Leader can decide what gets voted on , at any time during their term, because they are the Senate Majority Leader.

If the Democrats, or other Senators that caucus with the Democrats, win enough seats in Congress during the Fall Elections, they could then be the Majority. At that point, If they win the Majority, they can decide on a Senate Majority Leader, who will then have the power to determine what's brought to the Senate floor for a vote.

We aren't talking about if's, could's and should's. We are talking about who actually has the power to do something based on how many Americans have voted one way or another, and it's a fact, no matter what your logic is.
Or..... if you don’t win enough seats, you block a nominee by levying an unconscionable accusation against him or her from decades ago. Either way, the nominee gets blocked.

Wow, if you can’t win, throw a cuck like hissy fit?

Damn, I’m glad I ain’t you.
LOL

You reveal more about yourself than I suspect you intended.

You wish gayboy.
As always, your homoerotic fantasies of straight men having gay sex are noted and discarded.

Or..... if you don’t win enough seats, you block a nominee by levying an unconscionable accusation against him or her from decades ago. Either way, the nominee gets blocked.

If the Senate Majority Leader, or enough Senators in the Majority, decide to play along, or not exercise the power they actually have, then it doesn't matter what the excuse is. The opposition will have blocked the vote absent the necessity to be in the Majority.

Leave a seat infiled until you gain the Presidency. It will forever change the function of the court as one or more seats remain unfilled
i'm not about to deny this was wrong for them to do. however, again we go back to the biden rule and biden NEVER should have tried to get cute. why?

cause shit like this will happen because of it. you create a stupid rule, expect people to take advantage of it when their turn. the left is now creating the "throw hissy fits, lob in paid protestors into the hearings, attack the other side w/o mercy anywhere they sit and make up any lie you need to in order to get what you want".

yea, this can't go south and against the dems at all. can it?

if the biden rule was stupid and mconnell was a "hold my beer" escalation, this crap going on now is a "hold my dozen kegs and watch this shit" moment.

and the right will escalate cause we *all* let them.

you really wanna see what the left is doing now escalated and handed back to you?
Biden was in no position to create a “rule” .......McConnell was

The McConnell rule gained a temporary majority for Republicans. But it forever ruined the gentleman’s agreement to keep politics out of the selection process and allow a president to fill court seats

The animosity was clearly evident last week. It will only get worse. The McConnell rule sets a standard of an opposition party denying a president the right to fill court seats and only needing fifty percent of the vote to push through an unpopular candidate

It is a whole new ballgame

If the Senate Majority Leader, or enough Senators in the Majority, decide to play along, or not exercise the power they actually have, then it doesn't matter what the excuse is. The opposition will have blocked the vote absent the necessity to be in the Majority.

i'm not about to deny this was wrong for them to do. however, again we go back to the biden rule and biden NEVER should have tried to get cute. why?

cause shit like this will happen because of it. you create a stupid rule, expect people to take advantage of it when their turn. the left is now creating the "throw hissy fits, lob in paid protestors into the hearings, attack the other side w/o mercy anywhere they sit and make up any lie you need to in order to get what you want".

yea, this can't go south and against the dems at all. can it?

if the biden rule was stupid and mconnell was a "hold my beer" escalation, this crap going on now is a "hold my dozen kegs and watch this shit" moment.

and the right will escalate cause we *all* let them.

you really wanna see what the left is doing now escalated and handed back to you?
Biden was in no position to create a “rule” .......McConnell was

The McConnell rule gained a temporary majority for Republicans. But it forever ruined the gentleman’s agreement to keep politics out of the selection process and allow a president to fill court seats

The animosity was clearly evident last week. It will only get worse. The McConnell rule sets a standard of an opposition party denying a president the right to fill court seats and only needing fifty percent of the vote to push through an unpopular candidate

It is a whole new ballgame
Yup. Republicans brought this on themselves.

Majority Leader McConnell didn't make the rule. In order to circumvent the Senate cloture vote rule, Majority Leader Reid and Majority Leader McConnell did the exact same thing, and I don't care what your excuse for it may be.

(edit)
Neither party is more or less guilty of it, and arguing about who did it first, or under what circumstances, doesn't change the fact they did.
Reid instituted the nuclear option after repeated attempts to get McConnell to stop blocking picks on the lower court. He specifically excluded the Supreme Court

It is McConnell who politicized the selection process to maintain a conservative court system. When Scalia died unexpectantly making a Liberal Supreme Court a possibility......McConnell threw out all precedent to leave a seat vacant for a year

It will forever change the court

Last edited:

By enough Senate Republicans voting to add Supreme Court Justices to the cloture vote rule Senate Democrats had already voted to change.

Reid instituted the nuclear option after repeated attempts to get McConnell to stop blocking picks on the lower court. He specifically excluded the Supreme Court

It is McConnell who politicized the selection process to maintain a conservative court system. When Scalia died unexpectantly making a Liberal Supreme Court a possibility......McConnell threw out all president to leave a seat vacant for a year

Your liberal this, or conservative that, doesn't make a difference outside of an excuse for attempts to circumvent the Senate Cloture Vote rule. When playing around with Pandora's Box and Nukes, you're stupid if you think it is not going to result in assured mutual destruction.

By enough Senate Republicans voting to add Supreme Court Justices to the cloture vote rule Senate Democrats had already voted to change.
No, by telling a sitting president he would not be allowed to seat any more Supreme Court justices for the remainder of his presidency.

There is now a McConnell Rule that says a Senate controlled by an opposition party is under no obligation to consider his Supreme Court picks

Odd, that sounds JUST like the Biden Rule, which he created, while he was Chair of the Judiciary Committee.
No such thing as a Biden Rule. Never happened

There is a McConnell rule that allows confirmation with just 50 percent of the vote and allows a Senate Majority Leader of the other party to prevent a sitting President from naming a Supreme Court Justice

Nobody prevented Obama from nominating a Supreme Court Justice and had Hillary won the election, I'm sure the Senate would have worked hard to get Garland confirmed before the new year....

No, by telling a sitting president he would not be allowed to seat any more Supreme Court justices for the remainder of his presidency.

Majority Leader McConnell didn't have to tell the President anything, the vote wasn't happening, because he wasn't bringing it to the floor and had the power necessary to make it so.

It is McConnell who politicized the selection process to maintain a conservative court system. When Scalia died unexpectantly making a Liberal Supreme Court a possibility......McConnell threw out all president to leave a seat vacant for a year

Your liberal this, or conservative that, doesn't make a difference outside of an excuse for attempts to circumvent the Senate Cloture Vote rule. When playing around with Pandora's Box and Nukes, you're stupid if you think it is not going to result in assured mutual destruction.

I think it will cripple our court system by political maneuvering

Majority Leader McConnell didn't have to tell the President anything, the vote wasn't happening, because he wasn't bringing it to the floor and had the power necessary to make it so.

And future Senate Majority Leaders will have no problem doing the same thing. Leave a seat unfilled until you have a President from your party

So what if he didn’t have to? He did.

I think it will cripple our court system by political maneuvering
It already is.

And future Senate Majority Leaders will have no problem doing the same thing. Leave a seat unfilled until you have a President from your party
For years, if they feel like it.

I could agree with that to the extent that "your" ( as in possibly "my") party, probably won't have a President at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in my lifetime. :21:

Forum List

Back