🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The downfall of the media

A free press means first and foremost that there is no official press corps, that anybody can act as a journalist. It does not mean that we must accept a corrupt and dishonest group of propagandists. The market decides, including those who are interviewed The president is not beholden to interact with journalists. He is not hostage to news networks that has never been the function of the free press Free just means they work independently of government directives and manipulation. It doesn't mean the president is forced to accomodate liars and traitors just because they are hired by cnn. And it certainly doesn't mean that those who do heckle, lie, manipulate information and people for political purposes be held safe from censure and the consequences of such actions. It just means that they won't be killed for printing stories, and the stories are not officially skewed by politicians.

funny-fox-news-logo-7410-342x350.jpg

They are exposed, and they are flailing.

"In rough biblical justice, media attempts to destroy the president are boomeranging and leaving their reputations in tatters.

"He accuses them of publishing fake news, and they respond with such blind hatred that they end up publishing fake news. That’ll show him.

"CNN is suffering an especially bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, even trying to make a virtue of its hostility to the president. In doing so, executives conveniently confuse animus with professional skepticism, and cite growing audiences as proof of their good judgment."

"Writing for The Intercept, Glenn Greenwald shows how reckless CNN, the Washington Post and others have been, and makes two key points.

"First, that mistakes are “always in the direction of exaggerating the threat and/or inventing incriminating links between” Russia and Trump. Second, that all the false stories “involved evidence-free assertions from anonymous sources that these media outlets uncritically treated as fact.”

"He’s right, and I would add another dimension: For all the focus on Russia, the media totally missed a key point. To wit, the Obama administration did nothing about Vladimir Putin’s attempt to interfere in the 2016 election even though the White House knew about it for months."

http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/the-media-will-do-anything-to-bash-trump-and-now-theyre-hurting/

And the press responds to the fact that they are exposed as the liars and propagandists they are by pretending that exposing them is the same as *targeting* them.

"CNN's Clarissa Ward, a foreign correspondent, served as guest co-host on Wednesday's broadcast of CNN's News Day. Ward fretted "people" in war zones have been "emboldened" by President Trump's "declaration of war on the media."

The "declaration of war" consists of exposing them as liars, and telling them they can't bring cameras to white house press briefings, to take unauthorized pics that they can sell to people who have reasons to want to subvert Trump security.

CNN Anchor: Trump Putting Journalists In Danger; "Declaration Of War On Media" Has "Emboldened" War Zones

Yes, people..it's now *DANGEROUS* to expose journalists who have fabricated stories.

it's so cute how insane rightwingnut loons are fact-averse.

:cuckoo:

Big fan of CNN, are ya????? Why would I not be surprised???? LMAO!!!!
:up:

she is also in love with fox news and worships their anchors like Bill O'reily and the filth,ect,ect.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

The bottom line in all of this is that government works best when its people pay attention to it and get involved. Perhaps one of the worst signs of the modern age is that the vast majority of people go about their lives now in too much comfort, treating government and politics as though it were some movie on TV that runs whether they watch it or not. Many feel it is corrupt and unchanging no matter what and so they rather ignore it thinking it doesn't really play a significant role in their lives------ it goes on somewhere else unseen and the outcome is the same no matter who you vote for; that is what we call cynicism.

When people lose interest, don't pay attention or stop caring about their own government, you only invite the lowest common denominator in society to take advantage. It is like a candy store where the owner leaves and does not care if the customers steal or what they take. A society that does not actively participate in holding government honest and accountable will ultimately get the very government they deserve.
Damn, you are either in a whole heap of denial, or terribly naive.

I suggest you either read this book if your politics lean toward the right;

If you politics lean toward the left I suggest this book;
17-02-20_02b.jpg

Or if you have have a masters or doctorate degree and any sort of attention span, try reading this;
22882078._UY200_.jpg

"In rough biblical justice, media attempts to destroy the president are boomeranging and leaving their reputations in tatters.

"He accuses them of publishing fake news, and they respond with such blind hatred that they end up publishing fake news. That’ll show him.

"CNN is suffering an especially bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, even trying to make a virtue of its hostility to the president. In doing so, executives conveniently confuse animus with professional skepticism, and cite growing audiences as proof of their good judgment."

"Writing for The Intercept, Glenn Greenwald shows how reckless CNN, the Washington Post and others have been, and makes two key points.

"First, that mistakes are “always in the direction of exaggerating the threat and/or inventing incriminating links between” Russia and Trump. Second, that all the false stories “involved evidence-free assertions from anonymous sources that these media outlets uncritically treated as fact.”

"He’s right, and I would add another dimension: For all the focus on Russia, the media totally missed a key point. To wit, the Obama administration did nothing about Vladimir Putin’s attempt to interfere in the 2016 election even though the White House knew about it for months."

http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/the-media-will-do-anything-to-bash-trump-and-now-theyre-hurting/

And the press responds to the fact that they are exposed as the liars and propagandists they are by pretending that exposing them is the same as *targeting* them.

"CNN's Clarissa Ward, a foreign correspondent, served as guest co-host on Wednesday's broadcast of CNN's News Day. Ward fretted "people" in war zones have been "emboldened" by President Trump's "declaration of war on the media."

The "declaration of war" consists of exposing them as liars, and telling them they can't bring cameras to white house press briefings, to take unauthorized pics that they can sell to people who have reasons to want to subvert Trump security.

CNN Anchor: Trump Putting Journalists In Danger; "Declaration Of War On Media" Has "Emboldened" War Zones

Yes, people..it's now *DANGEROUS* to expose journalists who have fabricated stories.
Fake news is not really that common. Talk radio, and news commentaries are not fake news because they are not news at all, they are opinions. Neither are stories based on anonymous sources. These sources can not be verified therefore are clearly little more than opinion. With the development of the Internet, news and opinion has merged together and it is up to the reader to determine one from the other.

Jefferson understood that a free press is critical to sustaining the rule of law. Along with free speech, a free press is indispensable for people to be informed and to participate in a democracy. On these points, lawyers and journalists are united. It is up to the people to determine what is false and what is truth, not the government. Government discrediting, threatening, or direct control of the media is a sure road to destruction of what has really made this country great.
Free press doesn't mean free to publish lies that put people in our country at risk and damage the security of our country.

The free press has to first be "press"...aka JOURNAlists.The mainstream media no longer functions in that capacity. So it is right that they be sidelined and when appropriate held accountable legally and criminally. Real journalists will fill the void if there is one.
You do realized that you are repeating the same rhetoric as almost every dictator. I suggest you read how Hitler, Lenin, and the SCCR in Iraq, went about first discrediting the free press and then destroying it with public approval. Yes, the free press is and should be able to publish what they consider truth even thou it is what you consider a lie. That is the very heart of the concept of free speech, to be able to speak your mind no matter who may disagree. It is for the listener, reader, or viewer to determine truth, not government. Destroy the freedom of speech and you destroy America.
I agree with you.

Let the people decide what is the truth.

We will see what is truth. But here is the caveat, why does the Deep State get to control who has power over the media?

They regulate the media, the trade commissions control the mergers, they are the one who control who is in control over what gets put out of the media.

Where once we had many media companies, now we have only a handful, why do you suppose that is?

This is because it is easier for the CFR to control the narrative. The same is being done on the internet.

The ruling elites make sure that folks think they have a choice of "free press," they don't.

That is what kosher girl is having a problem with. You have the illusion that our press is "free," at this point, it isn't. The elites are all in cahoots.

I suggest you either read this book

Really? You think I'm in denial or naive and you think you'll find the REAL truth in a fucking book! Jackass!

Ummm. . . so let me get this straight, you're telling me I'm a Jackass for reading, and the truth can be found where? From talking heads?

That's rich. :lmao:

When the ignorant are telling the educated they shouldn't read. . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, the decay of civilization is at hand.

They'll try to put the people who expose them in jail.

Really? You think I'm in denial or naive and you think you'll find the REAL truth in a fucking book! Jackass!

Ummm. . . so let me get this straight, you're telling me I'm a Jackass for reading, and the truth can be found where? From talking heads?

That's rich. :lmao:

When the ignorant are telling the educated they shouldn't read. . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, the decay of civilization is at hand.

UMMM! Ummmmm! UMMMMM!

Oh, silly man, you FLATTER yourself by calling yourself "educated," and confuse reading books with real education. It isn't where you get your knowledge from, it is the quality of the source! Most of all, not to just read someone else's words put into your brain unchallenged but to put your own conclusions together from verifiable facts.

As Albert Osborn famously said in the 1920's speaking exactly about asswipes such as yourself speaking to the decay of all those about you that, THE TRAGEDY OF IGNORANCE IS IGNORANCE OF IT. Those who would expose their undeveloped natures would of course not do so if they were aware of doing it. Consider yourself EXPOSED.

""Our newspapers after Donald Trump's election, we've gotten threats from both the far left and the far right," Karem said. "They are emboldened, it is dangerous, and the fact of the matter is, it is insulting to the memory of the people who have given their lives for the cause for providing information to the public to then be told you are fake media, you do not matter, and what you're doing is false."

See, he sees this demand for accountability as a "threat". I see it as evidence that EVERYBODY is disgusted with the press, and they are going to be held accountable.

Which is of course terrifying for criminals. Also remember..criminals always blame other people for their own behavior.

the mainstream media,err i mean LAMESTREAM media,pretty much lost their credibility and has lost it at LEAST starting in nov 22nd 1963 " PROBABLY lost it sooner than that though but for sure no doubt then and ever since then" with the biggest con job sick lie ever forced down our throuts through the media and our corrupt school system with the lone assassin theory that magic bullets exist and have covered up the lie ever since STILL saying he was the lone assassin even though the majority of americans in polls no longer believe that bullshit anymore. talk about a disservice to the country STILL lying about it. talk about FAKE news.:rolleyes:

just freaking admit the lie now that the CIA did it.otherwise the tag of fake news is what they ALWAYS be known for.

What I always found interesting is that the architect of the single bullet theory was none other than that sleaze ball Arlen Specter. The cover up of the assassination of JFK never fails to astound me.
I actually have seen recreations that demonstrate how a single bullet could have caused the observed damage. I wasn't there, I don't know absolutely who did what, but I have seen that.

MisterBeale is the most knowledgeable poster on this forum and he has no peers. Do you know what that means? Let me help ya....it means that he stands alone because so few knows the things he does and none of them post here. There are a lot of posters whose writings I enjoy but when MisterBeale decides to pay a visit, you would be wise to STFU and pay attention. This site is lucky to have someone of his stature posting here.

Fake news is not really that common. Talk radio, and news commentaries are not fake news because they are not news at all, they are opinions. Neither are stories based on anonymous sources. These sources can not be verified therefore are clearly little more than opinion. With the development of the Internet, news and opinion has merged together and it is up to the reader to determine one from the other.

Jefferson understood that a free press is critical to sustaining the rule of law. Along with free speech, a free press is indispensable for people to be informed and to participate in a democracy. On these points, lawyers and journalists are united. It is up to the people to determine what is false and what is truth, not the government. Government discrediting, threatening, or direct control of the media is a sure road to destruction of what has really made this country great.
Free press doesn't mean free to publish lies that put people in our country at risk and damage the security of our country.

The free press has to first be "press"...aka JOURNAlists.The mainstream media no longer functions in that capacity. So it is right that they be sidelined and when appropriate held accountable legally and criminally. Real journalists will fill the void if there is one.
You do realized that you are repeating the same rhetoric as almost every dictator. I suggest you read how Hitler, Lenin, and the SCCR in Iraq, went about first discrediting the free press and then destroying it with public approval. Yes, the free press is and should be able to publish what they consider truth even thou it is what you consider a lie. That is the very heart of the concept of free speech, to be able to speak your mind no matter who may disagree. It is for the listener, reader, or viewer to determine truth, not government. Destroy the freedom of speech and you destroy America.

Sorry, but WRONG on all counts Flopper.

The first duty of every dictator is to squelch the free press! Instead, they take it over for themselves putting out their own propaganda. That is exactly what Koshergirl is speaking against and exactly what you are defending as "free." Free Press means free of government intervention, not free to deliberately lie to promote political agendas coming from the government itself which is exactly the situation we are dealing with today. Your kind of free press would be akin to my yelling fire in a crowded theater when in fact no fire actually existed simply for the sake of creating mayhem. The role of the press first and foremost is to report the truth, to report facts, as a watchdog on government, not to invent stories with the aim in mind to try to sway public opinion FOR government.
In Justice Homes analogy, knowingly spreading falsehoods that cause panic resulting in death or injury will not fall under the protection of the 1st amendment. However, that is not the case in most of the claims of false news. Most of what is labeled false news is either opinions pieces, slanted news, or stories with unnamed sources. That is absolutely protected by the 1st amendment.

It has become common practice for the administration and it's supporters to label any damaging material published in the media as false news even thou it is clearly the opinion of the writer, articles with anonymous sources, and even articles based on sworn testimony.

Discrediting the media is certainly one of the first steps taken in the rise of dictators, convincing the public that the media can not be trusted. Once the public outcry is strong enough the government takes action to guarantee that only the truth is published; that is, the government's version of the truth. Trump's position is not strong enough to do this and hopefully will never be although he may certainly try.

Last edited:
In Justice Homes analogy, knowingly spreading falsehoods that cause panic resulting in death or injury will not fall under the protection of the 1st amendment. However, that is not the case in most of the claims of false news. Most of what is labeled false news is either opinions pieces, slanted news, or stories with unnamed sources. That is absolutely protected by the 1st amendment.

It has become common practice for the administration and it's supporters to label any damaging material published in the media as false news even thou it is clearly the opinion of the writer, articles with anonymous sources, and even articles based on sworn testimony.

Discrediting the media is certainly one of the first steps taken by dictators, convincing the public that the media can not be trusted. Once the public outcry is strong enough the government takes action to guarantee that only the truth is published; that is, the government's version of the truth. Trump's position is not strong enough to do this, and hopefully will never be.

Flop, I will give you that you are quite correct in a lot of what you say, however, much of the fake news is fake because it is demonstrably fake, knowingly so, decidedly and designedly so, more than mere difference of opinion but aimed at hurting / removing the president.

IMO.

I don't see that as protected speech but more a matter of sedition, especially when it never falls the other way------ the very same people when a democrat is in office work just as hard to protect him! So the MSM is little more than an extension, an attack arm of one party against the other. As to the government, sure, but we cannot have outright sedition masquerading as "news" any more than the inane political correctness that an invading political body (Islamic Sharia Law) with the openly stated intention of usurping and taking over the West (making us Dhimmis) is nothing more than another, protected, religious group, difference, and welcome with open arms.

At some point, intelligence and self-preservation must supersede itinerant stupidity and conformity of thought.

Discrediting the media is certainly one of the first steps taken by dictators, convincing the public that the media can not be trusted. Once the public outcry is strong enough the government takes action to guarantee that only the truth is published; that is, the government's version of the truth. Trump's position is not strong enough to do this, and hopefully will never be.

Flop, I will give you that you are quite correct in a lot of what you say, however, much of the fake news is fake because it is demonstrably fake, knowingly so, decidedly and designedly so, more than mere difference of opinion but aimed at hurting / removing the president.

IMO.

I don't see that as protected speech but more a matter of sedition, especially when it never falls the other way------ the very same people when a democrat is in office work just as hard to protect him! So the MSM is little more than an extension, an attack arm of one party against the other. As to the government, sure, but we cannot have outright sedition masquerading as "news" any more than the inane political correctness that an invading political body (Islamic Sharia Law) with the openly stated intention of usurping and taking over the West (making us Dhimmis) is nothing more than another, protected, religious group, difference, and welcome with open arms.

At some point, intelligence and self-preservation must supersede itinerant stupidity and conformity of thought.
Of course there is false news. That's been around long before Trump got elected. Both far left and far right are guilty. However as long as what is being said is not a knowingly misstating facts or totally fabricated story, that's to be expected in the political arena. The bottom line is the public is the judge of what is true and what is false.

Donald Trump said that the most important thing he learned from his father was to defend the family name. In the 80's and 90's, every time columnists in the Times, Post, or some celebrity said something he thought was derogatory or untrue about him, his wife, or business he would appear on Larry King, Howard Stern, or other media outlooks to attack those that attacked him. These battles of words often ended in law suites. They made him a household name which worked wonders for him in business and in his campaigning. However, as president it does not work well for him at all. It creates controversy where none existed. Keeps his staff busy defending him and explaining what he meant rather than promoting his agenda. His crude language and callous treatment of people has offended a ton people in his own party. It's a gold mine for media outlets that he attacks. In fact some media personalities have compared it to a Pulitzer nomination. Today, it seems like every small news media website is out writing the most ridiculously things about Trump both pro and con in order to get noticed.

BTW Verbal attacks on the president are never considered sedition. If Trump was the supreme leader in a dictatorship, then any verbal attacks would be considered an attack against the nation but not in the US. Here the news media can say whatever it choose about the president as long as it's not a physical threat.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back