The economy. Hot, or not?

Is the economy in good condition?

• Yes

• No

• It depends on whether I like the President

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wages for lowest quintile are up about 20% from the stagnation during the Trump era.

They'd have to be up 26% to match inflation, and they aren't. :slap:

SiUV8.png

Look at "Stormy" trying to take over The Wanker's niche. :rolleyes-41:
Why do you go back to January 2017 instead of January 2021?

Seems a little dishonest.

Unemployment is low and has been low for a long time.
The average American has been seeing some of their best wages in decades.

So, do we have a strong economy or not? If not, what's wrong with the economy?

I think the problem is that most of us are still having a post-Covid Shock. Our lives have not yet gotten back to what we remember as "normal". Biden has done a good job in first addressing the high unemployment that he inherited from the Orange Shitgibbon and then addressing the inflation that occurred because supply chains and labor markets were so messed up.

That said, I think that next year, unemployment will still be low, inflation will be lower, and Trump will still be crazy.

The big problem with Biden is his age. It makes everyone nervous, even his supporters.

The stock market sadly does not represent the economy or country. The massive pumping for years kept the stock market inflated but it was bad for the economy.
It certainly is a sign of a healthy economy.

Taken along with high employment and wages and high GDP, and a drop in inflation

Yeah, the economy is doing well

Hiring has slowed down in the private sector in the past year, but it's sped up in government.

Government jobs have increased by an average of 58,000 a month in 2023. That's brought the number of new public jobs this year to 636,000 with a month to go.

Government jobs also account for about one-quarter of all new jobs created in the U.S. in 2023.

In other words, jobs through deficit spending....No way to run a railroad.

Hiring has slowed down in the private sector in the past year, but it's sped up in government.

Government jobs have increased by an average of 58,000 a month in 2023. That's brought the number of new public jobs this year to 636,000 with a month to go.

Government jobs also account for about one-quarter of all new jobs created in the U.S. in 2023.

Work from the Beach jobs......

It depends on where you are in the economy. The upper end/more established entities/people probably feel the economy is great as you move toward the lower end and less established people not so much. That’s relatively obvious from the polling.

All you're saying is that some people's opinions will be biased and self serving, judging the whole based only on themselves.

Every government job is a leech on the taxpayers. People used to know this.

Dollar worth half what it was under Trump, stock market would have to double to make a difference.
Just bought a newer vehicle as mine was done.
Getting raped by 9% interest despite credit rating close to 800. Unreal how much that rate has changed since my last car purchase was hovering around 3%.
Same goes for those buying homes.

It certainly is a sign of a healthy economy.

Not necessarily as I pointed out. The stock market was doing good while the economy sucked because of the massive pumping.

Taken along with high employment and wages and high GDP, and a drop in inflation

Yeah, the economy is doing well

For the top.

Just bought a newer vehicle as mine was done.
Getting raped by 9% interest despite credit rating close to 800. Unreal how much that rate has changed since my last car purchase was hovering around 3%.
Same goes for those buying homes.

Money should be "free" or near "free"?

Not necessarily as I pointed out. The stock market was doing good while the economy sucked because of the massive pumping.

For the top.
Read my who post. “Taken along with..”

Forum List

Back