The electric car you feel is creating no emissions...

I provided links showing electric motors are more efficient than gas motors.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

And how efficient are the power plants that generate the electricity? Make sure you include transmission losses.

In post #21 I shared this link & info:
"Energy efficient. Electric vehicles convert about 59–62% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels—conventional gasoline vehicles only convert about 17–21% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels."

I think the difference between 59-62% and 17-21% allows for quite a bit of transmission losses. And I am fairly certain that a large coal generating plant is far more efficient that hundreds of thousands of tiny combustion plants with questionable maintenance.

The most efficient coal plants are less than 40% efficient. So right off the bat you've got 0.40 X 0.60 = 0.24 or 24% by the time the energy gets to the road, and that doesn't include transmission losses, battery losses or any other losses.

Last edited:
stop reading those liberliar publications and you just might learn something..... , like the truh. :lmao:

I provided links showing electric motors are more efficient than gas motors.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

And how efficient are the power plants that generate the electricity? Make sure you include transmission losses.

AGAIN, it costs a few dollars to fill a Tesla, 100 mpg equivalent. Would you like a 2x4 to the back of your head. Ay caramba...

Ya, the electricity is coming from coal plants or nuclear, neither of which is objectively better than petroleum alternatives.

Until electric powered vehicles get their energy entirely by solar panels on their roofs, or similar clean generating methods at discrete plants, they're really not so much better except locally. But while air might be cleaner where they're driven, somewhere some place is uffering because of a local coal plant, or from radiation from fission-based nuclear plants.

If you measure the pollution from a coal powered electrical plant, and divide it by the number of EVs it can charge, I bet it will come out a great deal better than the emissions from that many gasoline engines.

For example, TVA's Kingston Fossil Plant generates 10 billion kilowatt hrs per year. That equals out to around 27.4 million kWh per day.

A Tesla's charge is 85 kWh. So the plant can charge around 320,000 Teslas in a single day.

Do you suppose the plant puts out more pollution in a single day than 320,000 gas powered cars?

If, by "pollution," you mean CO2, then it very well might:

TVA: Coal-Fired Power Plant

The Kingston plant generates about 10 billion kilowatt-hours a year, or enough electricity to supply 700,000 homes. To meet this demand, Kingston burns about 14,000 tons of coal a day, an amount that would fill 140 railroad cars.

How much CO2 do 320,000 gas powered cars produce in a day? I'll bet it's less than 14,000 tons.

So you are saying that by burning 14,000 tons of coal they will release 14,000 tons of CO2?

This just in... The electric car you feel is creating no emissions is actually powered by coal in the most inefficient way humanly possible... Movie at 11.

:)

peace...

"FEEL", is the most appropriate word to use here, liberdummies can not THINK :lmao:

Even hater dupes should be able to figure out that EVEN the few coal plants left are a helluva lot more efficient than the tiny gas plant in your CAR. Teslas get the equivalent of 100 mpg, IDIOT.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

why did your parents name you "hater dupe" ? :lmao:

If you measure the pollution from a coal powered electrical plant, and divide it by the number of EVs it can charge, I bet it will come out a great deal better than the emissions from that many gasoline engines.

For example, TVA's Kingston Fossil Plant generates 10 billion kilowatt hrs per year. That equals out to around 27.4 million kWh per day.

A Tesla's charge is 85 kWh. So the plant can charge around 320,000 Teslas in a single day.

Do you suppose the plant puts out more pollution in a single day than 320,000 gas powered cars?

If, by "pollution," you mean CO2, then it very well might:

TVA: Coal-Fired Power Plant

The Kingston plant generates about 10 billion kilowatt-hours a year, or enough electricity to supply 700,000 homes. To meet this demand, Kingston burns about 14,000 tons of coal a day, an amount that would fill 140 railroad cars.

How much CO2 do 320,000 gas powered cars produce in a day? I'll bet it's less than 14,000 tons.

So you are saying that by burning 14,000 tons of coal they will release 14,000 tons of CO2?

No, it will release considerably more.

The molar mass of O2 is 32 grams/per mole.
The molar mass of C is 12 grams per mole.

So burning 14,000 tons of pure carbon will produce (32+12)/12 *14,000 or 51,333 tons of CO2

Yeah, it could exceed 250 mph for about 10 minutes. Then it would run out of juice.

Actually, according to this site, the Kingston plant releases about 5 million tons of CO2 in a year. (TVA: Emissions Kingston Fossil Plan)

Here is the data on CO2 emissions from cars:
BlueSkyModel.org | free and open information for your own carbon footprint model
"Each gallon of gas produces about 14 pounds of carbon dioxide. Over 12,000 miles (the distance an average American will drive in a year), a 25 mpg car will produce 3.4 tons of carbon dioxide."

Since the Kingston plant produces 8 billion kWh and produces 5 million tons of CO2, or 10,000,000,000 lbs of CO2. A kWh generated at Kingston produces 1.25 lbs of CO2.

Drive a Tesla 12,000 miles and you will have used 3850 kWh. That equates to a little over 4,800 lbs of CO2, or 2.4 tons per year.

Saving a ton of CO2 per year per car.

(check my math, I was rounding and I have had a few gin & tonics)

Actually, according to this site, the Kingston plant releases about 5 million tons of CO2 in a year. (TVA: Emissions Kingston Fossil Plan)

Here is the data on CO2 emissions from cars:
BlueSkyModel.org | free and open information for your own carbon footprint model
"Each gallon of gas produces about 14 pounds of carbon dioxide. Over 12,000 miles (the distance an average American will drive in a year), a 25 mpg car will produce 3.4 tons of carbon dioxide."

Since the Kingston plant produces 8 billion kWh and produces 5 million tons of CO2, or 10,000,000,000 lbs of CO2. A kWh generated at Kingston produces 1.25 lbs of CO2.

Drive a Tesla 12,000 miles and you will have used 3850 kWh. That equates to a little over 4,800 lbs of CO2, or 2.4 tons per year.

Saving a ton of CO2 per year per car.

(check my math, I was rounding and I have had a few gin & tonics)

If it burns 14,000 tons of coal a day, it releases a hell of a lot more CO2 than that.

If a Nissan Leaf was charged entirely by coal power, it's total emissions would be equivalent to a gas car that got 30 mpg.

In places like California, that number goes up to 75-80 mpg.

In terms of cost, it's equivalent to about 100 mpg.

Last edited:
A gallon of gas produces 20 lbs of CO2.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/contentIncludes/co2_inc.htm

Figure 15 mpg average for the 320,000 cars, and the 85 kw of the Tesla is equal to what 17 gallons would get at that rate. So that is equal to 320,000 X 17 = 5,440,000 gallons of gasoline.

20 lbs in 1% of 2000 lbs, so that equals 54,000 tons of CO2. Less CO2 even if you drive the Tesla off of coal produced electricity.

Yeah, it could exceed 250 mph for about 10 minutes. Then it would run out of juice.

Silly ass, you think they run Indy cars on 20 gallon tanks:lol:

This just in... The electric car you feel is creating no emissions is actually powered by coal in the most inefficient way humanly possible... Movie at 11.

peace...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8ObmQG0OU]New Energy Series - Electromagnetic Car Running Without Battery,Magnetic Motor,full movie, Troy Reed - YouTube[/ame]

Oh yeah, and the Lightning electric motorcycle won last years Pikes Peak Hillclimb by a whopping 20 second lead over the second place motorcycle.

peace...

My guess is some source of media exposed that the energy used by the Manufacturing Plant of electric cars was ran by coal. The "most inefficient way possible" is your own words.

You know that battery powered car manufacturers could run off of any type of energy, correct?

Also, the cars can be charged by any source of energy. If you don't like Coal, that's on you. It could be charged by Ocean Wave energy, Wind Energy, Sun Energy.....But all of those are natural and don't fill pockets with $$$ unless Corporations corner the market and buy Gov.

Last edited:
No wonder coal should be shut down until they get some technology. Then we'll control the world....we just have natural resources coming out of our ears, and think we're geniuses...

If a Nissan Volt was charged entirely by coal power, it's total emissions would be equivalent to a gas car that got 30 mpg.

In places like California, that number goes up to 75-80 mpg.

In terms of cost, it's equivalent to about 100 mpg.
Total bs, and it's a Nissan Leaf.:cuckoo:

Yes, I got the name wrong. No, the numbers are not BS.

Forum List

Back