The Elusive Solution To 'Poverty'

The reason the solution to poverty is elusive is because one does not exist. "There will be poor always."

That doesn't mean we don't have an obligation to help those who we are truly in need and who we can help.

We, the GOP hate to have to help the poor if we are forced, which means you don't give freely...

Stupid scum sucking dirtbag -- If FORCE is used, how in the FUCK can you apply the word 'freely'

You really are a scumbag troll

Somebody needs to grow a pair and ban your stupid ass
Now now .......... no call to be ugly .......... just relax and calm down a little ............ no one here is going to hurt you ............. we're here to help.

Deuteronomy 15:11
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

'nuff said

Actually, that prescription was changed by the 32nd President.

It applied before his term.....and has become something very different today.
Hardly, the hand opened wider by the act of govt. chipping in also....

Here's the point you haven't grasped: government's solutions are not aimed at solving 'poverty.'

They are aimed at maintaining poverty, and doling out just enough to keep the poor in their corner.

Marvin Olasky, in "The Tragedy of American Compassion," explains that human needs were taken care of by other human beings in earlier times-not by bureaucracies. The important difference was that the latter may take care of food and shelter...but the former also dealt with the human spirit and behavior.

Welfare programs today, are Liberal….conservatives don’t look for material solutions, but understand that changing values is what solves the problem of poverty..

Last edited:
We, the GOP hate to have to help the poor if we are forced, which means you don't give freely...

Stupid scum sucking dirtbag -- If FORCE is used, how in the FUCK can you apply the word 'freely'

You really are a scumbag troll

Somebody needs to grow a pair and ban your stupid ass
Now now .......... no call to be ugly .......... just relax and calm down a little ............ no one here is going to hurt you ............. we're here to help.
First stages of geriatric profanity disease and grand pooh-bah...

The reason the solution to poverty is elusive is because one does not exist. "There will be poor always."

That doesn't mean we don't have an obligation to help those who we are truly in need and who we can help.

Let's just say that the solution exists to a far greater extent than the 'solutions' being applied today.

For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

'nuff said

Actually, that prescription was changed by the 32nd President.

It applied before his term.....and has become something very different today.
Hardly, the hand opened wider by the act of govt. chipping in also....

Here's the point you haven't grasped: government's solutions are not aimed at solving 'poverty.'

They are aimed at maintaining poverty, and dolling out just enough to keep the poor in their corner.

Marvin Olasky, in "The Tragedy of American Compassion," explains that human needs were taken care of by other human beings in earlier times-not by bureaucracies. The important difference was that the latter may take care of food and shelter...but the former also dealt with the human spirit and behavior.

Welfare programs today, are Liberal….conservatives don’t look for material solutions, but understand that changing values is what solves the problem of poverty..
Changing values, like work programs? Can you try to stop generalizing and get to the meat of the matter?

1. Many consider the alleviation, the riddance of poverty, to be the raison d'être of modern government.....well, Liberal governance.

One might question whether this is possible.
But even before we get to that, let's define the term 'poverty'.
My definition, very different from that of Liberal government, is 'no home, no heat, no food.'

2. And, throughout the history of mankind.....my definition has proven accurate.
Sometimes people have had to suffer through a government school 'education'....and haven't learned the requisite history:

"The ancient world of Greece and Rome, as modern historians reconstruct it, was a world where houses had no chimneys, and rooms, heated in cold weather by a fire on a hearth or a fire-pan in the center of the room, were filled with smoke whenever a fire was started, and consequently walls, ceiling, and furniture were blackened and more or less covered by soot at all times; where light was supplied by smoky oil lamps which, like the houses in which they were used, had no chimneys; and where eye trouble as a result of all this smoke was general. Greek dwellings had no heat in winter, no adequate sanitary arrangements, and no washing facilities."
E. Parmalee Prentice, 'Hunger and History,' pp. 39-40

3. And, the most basic indication of poverty... hunger, famine, starvation.

"1235: Famine and plague in England; 20,000 persons die in London; people eat horse-flesh, bark of trees, grass, etc."
Cornelius Walford, "The Famines of the World," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, March 19, 1878, Vol. 41, p. 433

The Encyclopedia Britannica lists thirty-one major famines from ancient times down to I960...

"1005: famine in England. 1016: famine throughout Europe. 1064-72: seven years* famine in Egypt. 1148-59: eleven years' famine in India. 1344-45: great famine in India. 1396-1407: the Durga Devi famine in India, lasting twelve years. 1586: famine in England giving rise to the Poor Law system. 1661: famine in India; no rain fell for two years. 1769-70: great famine in Bengal; a third of the population—10 million persons—perished. 1783: the Chalisa famine in India. 1790-92: the Deju Bara, or skull famine, in India, so called because the dead were too numerous to be buried.

And....
"In the winter of 1709, ... in France, more than a million persons, according to the figures of the time, died out of a population of 20 millions. In the eighteenth century, in fact, France suffered eight famines, culminating in the short crops of 1788, which were one of the causes of the Revolution....

... mass starvation is the most obvious and intense form of poverty,..."
"The Conquest of Poverty," Henry Hazlitt, p. 14.

Do you believe that the thread title is correct?

Compare the above to what is known as 'poverty' today.
Our poor live better than people did 1000 years ago?

What the hell are they complaining about?

'nuff said

Republicans are FAR more charitable than are dimocraps. That has been proven time and again; although I have NO doubt that you will dispute it, as is the wont of dimocrap scumbags.

Nobody in the Republican Party that I know of has any qualms about helping those that need help. What we object to is the taking of the money BY FORCE and then, as is the wont of dimocrap scumbags, taking anywhere from 30% to 80% off the top for themselves.

dimocraps are the scum of the earth

period

The GOP passed the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act.

This law MANDATES that all emergency rooms in all hospitals that take federal money serve anyone who comes to that emergency room, regardless of his or her ability to pay.

You were saying.....?

Actually, this thread will prove the very opposite.

Stay tuned....I believe you'll agree.

You can't cure a disease when the afflicted doesn't want your help.

A high percentage of America's poor just aren't interested in being anything other than poor.

It's like Janis singing, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."

Poverty is a liberating experience for these people. No responsibility, no job, no house to take care of, no husband/wife, let the existing kids wander the streets while squirting one after another out like a vending machine in hopes of hitting the 'lottery' and one of them succeeds at something -- Usually athletics (it's also how they often choose their sperm donors too).

I respect your intelligence and your ardor, but smart and well-meaning people can be wrong, too :)

Well....give me a chance to convince you....

Let's get to our understanding of 'poverty.'

4. Liberalism, and its spin-off, environmentalism, pay homage to the memory and the godfather of hand-wringers, Thomas Malthus....
....and his explanation for 'poverty.'

a. Malthus originated the view that the food production of the world would increase arithmetically (1-2-3-…), while the human population would increase geometrically (1-2-4-8…). Conclusion: mass starvation and epidemics. Sounds ‘environmental’ already, doesn’t it?

b. Malthus passed on in1834- yet his view continues in the hearts and minds of Progressives, who have expanded the vision to pollution and environmental damage.

c. Strangely, Malthus has been proven wrong over and over, based on agricultural advances, and technological innovation.

5. Ya’ live and learn. Some do.But not Liberals.
.... in 1968, Paul Ehrlich’s best seller, “The Population Bomb,” predicted Malthusian mass starvation throughout the 1970’s and 1980’s.

a. Ehrlich and his pal, John Holdren, “in 1971, long before Dr. Holdren became President Obama’s science adviser, in an essay “Overpopulation and the Potential for Ecocide,” Dr. Holdren and his co-author, the ecologist Paul Ehrlich, warned of a coming ice age.”
http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/29/dr-holdrens-ice-age-tidal-wave/

Get that....dire predictions of the sort of 'poverty' back in the history of mankind.
Surely you can twist the truth better than that....

Since you weren't able to point out any 'twisting,' you must know that every thing in the post is true and factual.

As usual.

Let's just say that the solution exists to a far greater extent than the 'solutions' being applied today.

Saying that imperfect human beings are applying imperfect programs to help the poor is not really earth-shattering.

Of course we can - and should continually strive toward - doing things better and more cost effectively.

1. Many consider the alleviation, the riddance of poverty, to be the raison d'être of modern government.....well, Liberal governance.

One might question whether this is possible.
But even before we get to that, let's define the term 'poverty'.
My definition, very different from that of Liberal government, is 'no home, no heat, no food.'

2. And, throughout the history of mankind.....my definition has proven accurate.
Sometimes people have had to suffer through a government school 'education'....and haven't learned the requisite history:

"The ancient world of Greece and Rome, as modern historians reconstruct it, was a world where houses had no chimneys, and rooms, heated in cold weather by a fire on a hearth or a fire-pan in the center of the room, were filled with smoke whenever a fire was started, and consequently walls, ceiling, and furniture were blackened and more or less covered by soot at all times; where light was supplied by smoky oil lamps which, like the houses in which they were used, had no chimneys; and where eye trouble as a result of all this smoke was general. Greek dwellings had no heat in winter, no adequate sanitary arrangements, and no washing facilities."
E. Parmalee Prentice, 'Hunger and History,' pp. 39-40

3. And, the most basic indication of poverty... hunger, famine, starvation.

"1235: Famine and plague in England; 20,000 persons die in London; people eat horse-flesh, bark of trees, grass, etc."
Cornelius Walford, "The Famines of the World," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, March 19, 1878, Vol. 41, p. 433

The Encyclopedia Britannica lists thirty-one major famines from ancient times down to I960...

"1005: famine in England. 1016: famine throughout Europe. 1064-72: seven years* famine in Egypt. 1148-59: eleven years' famine in India. 1344-45: great famine in India. 1396-1407: the Durga Devi famine in India, lasting twelve years. 1586: famine in England giving rise to the Poor Law system. 1661: famine in India; no rain fell for two years. 1769-70: great famine in Bengal; a third of the population—10 million persons—perished. 1783: the Chalisa famine in India. 1790-92: the Deju Bara, or skull famine, in India, so called because the dead were too numerous to be buried.

And....
"In the winter of 1709, ... in France, more than a million persons, according to the figures of the time, died out of a population of 20 millions. In the eighteenth century, in fact, France suffered eight famines, culminating in the short crops of 1788, which were one of the causes of the Revolution....

... mass starvation is the most obvious and intense form of poverty,..."
"The Conquest of Poverty," Henry Hazlitt, p. 14.

Do you believe that the thread title is correct?

Compare the above to what is known as 'poverty' today.
Our poor live better than people did 1000 years ago?

What the hell are they complaining about?

I gave the real definition of 'poor.'

Did you have to step over any in your rush to the keyboard?

Poverty is a mindset as much as an economic condition.

When you're told from the day you're born that life is unfair and that you can't do it on your own, that's at least one strike against you.

'nuff said

Republicans are FAR more charitable than are dimocraps. That has been proven time and again; although I have NO doubt that you will dispute it, as is the wont of dimocrap scumbags.

Nobody in the Republican Party that I know of has any qualms about helping those that need help. What we object to is the taking of the money BY FORCE and then, as is the wont of dimocrap scumbags, taking anywhere from 30% to 80% off the top for themselves.

period

The GOP passed the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act.

This law MANDATES that all emergency rooms in all hospitals that take federal money serve anyone who comes to that emergency room, regardless of his or her ability to pay.

You were saying.....?
Are you the person I was quoting, no, so using a cross example of logical truth will not apply to your post, unless you are stating the same...

'nuff said

period
Your black and white thinking exposes your ignorance...and you do on this forum every day.

If only we Americans could come together, rather then wallow in the pig sty that is partisanship.

Saying that imperfect human beings are applying imperfect programs to help the poor is not really earth-shattering.

Of course we can - and should continually strive toward - doing things better and more cost effectively.

I didn't say any such thing.

I simply stated a fact: big government has no intention of eliminating poverty.

They need to continue it.

" In fact, since President Obama took office, federal welfare
spending has increased by 41 percent, more than $193 billion per year. Despite this government largess, more than 46 million Americans continue to live in poverty. Despite nearly $15 trillion in total welfare spending since Lyndon
Johnson declared war on poverty in 1964, the poverty rate is perilously close to where we began more than 40 years ago.
Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."
Scribd

It would take a very stupid person to believe that that is an accident.

Do you believe it's an accident?

'nuff said

period
Your black and white thinking exposes your ignorance...and you do on this forum every day.

If only we Americans could come together, rather then wallow in the pig sty that is partisanship.

Give our pal drop-draws his due.....

...he isn't trying to make sense.....he's just trying to up his post-total.

'nuff said

period

Again as an uneducated fuck, you fail to see mathematical truths...Why have you not put me on iggy, please...

I never claimed YOU said anything - that's what I said.

In fact the opposite is true. YOU would never made a reasoned, balanced statement like that. Because YOU are not addressing issues, YOU are grinding a partisan political ax.

That's the biggest difference between you and I.

'nuff said

period

Give our pal drop-draws his due.....

...he isn't trying to make sense.....he's just trying to up his post-total.
Got any worth discussing or is it all a pimp troll game to you?.

'nuff said

period

Again as an uneducated fuck, you fail to see mathematical truths...Why have you not put me on iggy, please...
Thank you for your kind reply.

Could you please outline these 'mathematical truths' you speak of?

Forum List

Back