The FACTS on Food Stamps

Yep. The problem is selfish employers working people into the ground and paying them a few dollars an hour for it.

America - the land of slave labor!
Oh look. Another dishonest person has weighed in.

Whats the matter Noomi? Still mad that you aren't being paid 100k a year for a high school diploma?

Wait...you did graduate high school, right?

I am not bitching about anything. I do bitch about selfish people who refuse to give their employes what they are entitled to, which is why I would never work in the US.
what exactly is an employee entitled to?

What are we up to now 48% of Amerika is on food stamps now? Do you see something wrong here?

Yep. The problem is selfish employers working people into the ground and paying them a few dollars an hour for it.

One of my favorite bands made a career out of singing about the pursuits of Australian citizens.

Don't sit to high and mighty just because you wait tables down under. Go start a company, pay employees out of savings and then talk about your experiences.

Last edited:

Whats the matter Noomi? Still mad that you aren't being paid 100k a year for a high school diploma?

I am not bitching about anything. I do bitch about selfish people who refuse to give their employes what they are entitled to, which is why I would never work in the US.

Every single person I've ever hired has been paid more than what I posted in the job description and they were given raises from there.

Exactly what is someone "entitled to?"

what exactly is an employee entitled to?

Rights. Duh.

You just said it yourself. your government information is just that. Raw information. Ask it a question and it will provide you with the answer you want. But you have to ask it the right questions, not your partisan questions.

That random youtube video is real people, not numbers on a screen, that is why you should give it weight.

And please. I will no more give up My beliefs and morality for you than i would for anyone asking Me to willingly suspend disbelief.

Give it a rest..

Ask it a question and it will provide you with the information you want? Are you even listening to yourself? Um, I haven't asked any "partisan" questions.

Do you believe everything YouTube tells you?

Okay, before I put you on ignore, I want you to understand something.

The information and statistics you provided were based upon a database search. I know because one of My degrees is in database administration.

In order to get information from a database, you have to have what is called a SQL statement. A SQL statement is nothing more than a syntactic way of asking a question of a database.

If I have a database on baseball, and I want to know how many home runs Derek Jeter hit in 2007, that would be a question. So, My question would look something like:

Select from from baseball
Where Player = jeter and season = 2007 and score = hr

This is not a real SQL but an example of how one could go about asking a question of a database.

The result set would be the number of home runs Jeter made in 2007.

Now, i can qualify that question by asking on what day of the week he hit those Home runs and if those days of the week corresponded to his nights stayed at home or painting the town. It all depends upon the depth of the information.

through this process, I can get that database to say anything I wish it to. I just have to ask the right question.

So the next time you want to tout government stats....be sure to consider the questions that were asked to produce those results...and be sure to ask yourself who asked those questions.

It's interesting how you ask for stats on receiving multiple benefits and when I do you accuse me of not "asking the right questions".

Which is it?

Every single person I've ever hired has been paid more than what I posted in the job description and they were given raises from there.

The right not to work a 12+ hour day for less than $10 an hour?

No such right exists.

You want more than 10 dollars an hour, make yourself worth it.

A high school diploma isn't worth 10 dollars an hour.

What about the right of the employer to get an equal return in skilled labor for his 10 dollars?

Everyone in the U.S. has that right.

Where did you get your education on this?

No such right exists.

What about the right of the employer to get an equal return in skilled labor for his 10 dollars?

There you go. This is why your employers can work an employee into the ground and pay them a pittance, then fire the employee when they become ill with the stress.

Pretty sure if a casual employee refused to work a 12 hour day they'd be sacked on the spot.

Wouldn't happen over here.

No such right exists.

Not true.

The minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. Someone working 12 hours a day gets time and a half for the 4 hours above 8 hours. That's $10.85 per hour.

The 12 hour pay is $101.50 which is more than $10 per hour.

No such right exists.

Not true.

The minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. Someone working 12 hours a day gets time and a half for the 4 hours above 8 hours. That's $10.85 per hour.

Still shitty wages.

Pretty sure if a casual employee refused to work a 12 hour day they'd be sacked on the spot.

Go find a case where someone was fired for refusing to work a 12 hour day.

Where did you get your education on US employment law?

Last edited:
No such right exists.

Not true.

Still shitty wages.

It's enough to live on. Basic subsistence for basic skills.

It's an assumption, considering employees in the US have a lot less rights than we do.

It's an assumption, considering employees in the US have a lot less rights than we do.

You assume wrong.

That's the problem with you uneducated foreigners commenting on US domestic issues. You are profoundly ignorant.

You assume wrong.

That's the problem with you uneducated foreigners commenting on US domestic issues. You are profoundly ignorant.

seriously? You don't think a person could be fired for refusing to work a 12 hour day? Of course they would. Over 12 hours is OT.

You assume wrong.

seriously? You don't think a person could be fired for refusing to work a 12 hour day? Of course they would. Over 12 hours is OT.

LOL. Anything more than 8 hours here is OT.

Forum List

Back