The FACTS on Food Stamps

Good luck if you want to own your own home in Australia:

Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre 7,500.00 A$ 1,781.01 A$ -76.25 %
Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre 5,000.00 A$ 1,286.66 A$ -74.27 %

Really? It costs 4 times as much to buy an apartment?

That's some great egalitarian liberalism there in Australia.

Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre 7,500.00 A$ 1,781.01 A$ -76.25 %
Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre 5,000.00 A$ 1,286.66 A$ -74.27 %

Everyone is aware that it is virtually impossible to buy a home in Australia at the moment.

Everyone is aware that it is virtually impossible to buy a home in Australia at the moment.

It's not virtually impossible, that's why they are almost all sold.

Noomi, you get paid more for basic skills but you pay more for basic necessities.

Rent is 42% lower here.

Cost Of Living Comparison Between Australia And United States

Our dollar is higher than yours, and because we get paid more, we pay more in the shops. Nothing wrong with that. :)

It appears you failed Math.

If you make more and you spend more for the same stuff, you are actually worse off.

Funny, we don't consider it that way...

You really don't see it, do you?

I could go a long way with 133 per month.....if I shopped right, and had My other bills paid for Me.

Or if I had the income to buy food and then used the government supplement as walking around money...

YOU could get by with 133 per month. I am assuming you make more than $733 per month? Yeah, I thought so.
This is why I said coupled with other programs. You see, I understand this and other programs so much better than you do.

An income of 733 dollars and 133 dollars in food stamps. That is 866 dollars.

Now, I am living off of government assistance and using section 8. That means I pay a portion of the rent based upon My income. Since food it adjusted out, I pay maybe 400 dollar for rent AND utilities. This leaves Me with 466 dollars to walk around with.

My kids eat for free at the school for two of the daily meals. This means I have to provide them with one meal a day. For one kid at McDonalds, that is 6 dollars a day.

That is 186 dollars in a month with 31 days.

That leaves Me with 280 dollars a month.....

So, you see, this is how kids of welfare parents can get fat on 133 per month food assistance.

I'm not even touching on the more than 50 other assistant programs offered to the poor.

If you have kids, it would be a higher benefit, it is $133 per person.

Inspired by Pete's asinine rant on the poor, here is the no-spin facts on SNAP (food stamps). Maybe now you will stop listening to the bullshit propaganda that comes from the Republican party. I put what I consider to be the most important facts in bold, but I do encourage you to read all of it.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

(Their sources are straight from government data)

One of my sister's ex's was on welfare and food stamps. He lived for free in one of his mother's houses, he drove one of her cars and she gave him money all the time, flying him places for example.

He tried to take my sister's child from her so she reported him for all that. The Government of Washington State told her since he did not own the property and they had no evidence of money transfers they would do nothing.

There is no proof what do you expect?
To them she could have been easily trying to get back at him.
Was he on SS? Because you usually can't get tanf if you don't have custody of your children. With one child you still only receive $389 in Washington, and unless you have a medical reason you have to look for a job 20 to 35 hrs a week and turn in job search logs accounting for all those hours.

Sure they search for work, and how well documented is that. That comes down to your word verses theirs and they spend little resources in making sure a person does.

Let's put it another way. 1 out of 6 people face hunger. America is not as wealthy as people would like to believe.

can you buy lobster with snap?

Yes, but you would have to be a complete idiot. It's pretty hard to ignore a basic need like hunger. Recipients learn quickly to play it smart.

The majority on food stamps are idiots.. else they would have made better decisions to begin with

Last edited:
Let's put it another way. 1 out of 6 people face hunger. America is not as wealthy as people would like to believe.

All those poor people face at least 12 new taxes (out of the 29 new ones) because of Obamacare.

What do you think of that?

Yes, but you would have to be a complete idiot. It's pretty hard to ignore a basic need like hunger. Recipients learn quickly to play it smart.

The majority on food stamps are idiots.. else they would have made better decisions to begin with

Most? You are painfully ignorant.

No.. those who do things to put themselves in bad situations are the ones who are woefully ignorant

To be at a point where you NEED assistance, shows that bad decision making.. AKA IGNORANCE

No.. those who do things to put themselves in bad situations are the ones who are woefully ignorant

To be at a point where you NEED assistance, shows that bad decision making.. AKA IGNORANCE

So when a woman gets laid off and is forced to settle for a low paying job to take care of her kids, she is at fault? That was a result of her "ignorance"?

How about when a man's son becomes Ill and his insurance does not cover the treatment? Is that ignorance?

Or how about this example. Say a stupid woman who is incapable of taking care of another kid gets pregnant, is that kid supposed to suffer because of her irresponsibility?

You know, yeah, some times people do make mistakes. Honest mistakes that turn out to have serious consequences. Shit happens, okay? People go hungry for honest mistakes. A chain of events gets set in motion based on one or two honest mistakes.

And true, there are irresponsible people who go hungry because of they are idiots. Inexcusable decisons are made. But focus your frustration on them. Not the above examples.

So when a woman gets laid off and is forced to settle for a low paying job to take care of her kids, she is at fault? That was a result of her "ignorance"?

How about when a man's son becomes Ill and his insurance does not cover the treatment? Is that ignorance?

Or how about this example. Say a stupid woman who is incapable of taking care of another kid gets pregnant, is that kid supposed to suffer because of her irresponsibility?

You know, yeah, some times people do make mistakes. Honest mistakes that turn out to have serious consequences. Shit happens, okay? People go hungry for honest mistakes. A chain of events gets set in motion based on one or two honest mistakes.

And true, there are irresponsible people who go hungry because of they are idiots. Inexcusable decisons are made. But focus your frustration on them. Not the above examples.

If that is all you can do and you have no marketable skill, YES it is IGNORANCE... if you did not save anything up for emergency, YES IT IS BAD DECISION MAKING AND IT IS IGNORANCE

And condoms are not available to prevent pregnancy?? I guess you need government subsidies for those bad decisions too :rolleyes:

Yes.. a majority on the dole are ignorant

Yep. The problem is selfish employers working people into the ground and paying them a few dollars an hour for it.

America - the land of slave labor!
Oh look. Another dishonest person has weighed in.

Whats the matter Noomi? Still mad that you aren't being paid 100k a year for a high school diploma?

Wait...you did graduate high school, right?

I am not bitching about anything. I do bitch about selfish people who refuse to give their employes what they are entitled to, which is why I would never work in the US.

So, you are bitching?

What, pray tell, do you think employees are "entitled to"?

Immie

Oh look. Another dishonest person has weighed in.

Whats the matter Noomi? Still mad that you aren't being paid 100k a year for a high school diploma?

Wait...you did graduate high school, right?

I am not bitching about anything. I do bitch about selfish people who refuse to give their employes what they are entitled to, which is why I would never work in the US.

So, you are bitching?

What, pray tell, do you think employees are "entitled to"?

Immie
Yeah.. this sense of entitlement is fucking laughable

Every single person I've ever hired has been paid more than what I posted in the job description and they were given raises from there.

Exactly what is someone "entitled to?"

The right not to work a 12+ hour day for less than $10 an hour?

I do not know any who work 12+ hours a day for under $10 an hour. I know some who do for a lot more than that. They are dedicated people and generally highly compensated for their efforts.

You are BSing us.

Immie

Alright back to food stamp facts...
[MENTION=33739]Billy000[/MENTION]

same question from last night.....

are coffee and soda food?

The right not to work a 12+ hour day for less than $10 an hour?
No such right exists.

You want more than 10 dollars an hour, make yourself worth it.

A high school diploma isn't worth 10 dollars an hour.

What about the right of the employer to get an equal return in skilled labor for his 10 dollars?

Not true.

The minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. Someone working 12 hours a day gets time and a half for the 4 hours above 8 hours. That's $10.85 per hour.

The 12 hour pay is $101.50 which is more than $10 per hour.

I do not know of anyone who works standard days of 12 hours per day. The standard here is 8 hour days, 40 hour weeks and thanks to Obamacare, the hours of the people who need it most are being cut to below 30 hour weeks.

Someone might work OT when available, but generally that is by choice.

12 hours @ $10.85 is $130.20 gross. Not sure where you came up with $101.50.

Immie

Forum List

Back