The FACTS on Food Stamps

Maybe most are, but not Duck Dynasty.

LOL, that one probably more so than others.
My daughter is a professional actress and we know many in the production industry.
I watched Duck Dynasty once, it was funny as hell for 10 minutes.
Then it was the same old silliness over and over and over. Turned it on another night and it sucked.
All reality shows suck in my opinion.

So you prefer your sitcoms dramas with better actors, or you just don't like sitcoms?

Do not watch much TV and when I do it is sports, history, old movies like CaddyShack I, No Time for Sgts, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Bullitt, Saving Private Ryan, original The Longest Yard and such. I do like All in the Family, Andy Griffith, Sanford & Son, Sgt. Bilko, Beverly Hillbillies re-runs and many others from that era. Love college football!

LOL, that one probably more so than others.
My daughter is a professional actress and we know many in the production industry.
I watched Duck Dynasty once, it was funny as hell for 10 minutes.
Then it was the same old silliness over and over and over. Turned it on another night and it sucked.
All reality shows suck in my opinion.

So you prefer your sitcoms dramas with better actors, or you just don't like sitcoms?

Do not watch much TV and when I do it is sports, history, old movies like CaddyShack I, No Time for Sgts, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Bullitt, Saving Private Ryan, original The Longest Yard and such. I do like All in the Family, Andy Griffith, Sanford & Son, Sgt. Bilko, Beverly Hillbillies re-runs and many others from that era. Love college football!

Duck dynasty is a modern day more southern version of the Beverly Hillbillies that celebrates the differences as much if not more than it berates them. I'd throw Sergeant York, Cool Hand Luke, Forest Gump, O-Brother Where Art Thou, Braveheart, The Quiet Man, and such into your list.

All in the Family, Andy Griffith, Sanford & Son... yeah those were good times, huh. I'd throw in Cosby, Happy Days (the early years), Cheers, MASH (the early years), Gunsmoke, ...

Also one of the ways people defraud the system is to claim they are homeless, when really they're living with someone and eating with someone who has an income that puts them over the standard for foodstamps.

Also one of the ways people defraud the system is to claim they are homeless, when really they're living with someone and eating with someone who has an income that puts them over the standard for foodstamps.

You should be worried about $trillions in Wall Street fraud instead of poor people stealing $3 a day.

? You should not worry about what other people worry about. You worry about THAT, and I'll worry about THIS.

If you're worried about THAT, I propose you make a thread about THAT, as it has nothing to do with THIS. Capice?

? You should not worry about what other people worry about. You worry about THAT, and I'll worry about THIS.

If you're worried about THAT, I propose you make a thread about THAT, as it has nothing to do with THIS. Capice?

:clap2:

You should be worried about $trillions in Wall Street fraud instead of poor people stealing $3 a day.

I am for stopping BOTH AND ALL FORMS of fraud.
You?

The problem is we know many folks that just got divorced, have money stashed away, are not working now, their families are loaded and they apply and get approved for the food stamps.
This "in need" formula is fucked up.
Same with college grants.
Same with free lunch program at school where we know people with 4 kids that get subsidized lunch and they live in 200K homes.
We are teaching the youth a bad lesson with this food stamp program.

The only thing on view here is an insight into the lack of character and ethics of you right wing turds, not other people.

The problem is we know many folks that just got divorced, have money stashed away, are not working now, their families are loaded and they apply and get approved for the food stamps.
Same with free lunch program at school where we know people with 4 kids that get subsidized lunch and they live in 200K homes.

The only thing on view here is an insight into the lack of character and ethics of you right wing turds, not other people.

And the only thing on view here is your glaring lack of a cogent response, Bfgrn. "Lack of character and ethics"? Really? So let me ask you something. When you viciously accost a man for defending himself from being beaten to death, does that speak of character? How about when like minded liberals amongst you consistently accuse someone of being a racist when they fail to support your worldview? As far as ethics are concerned: What about feeding the laziness of those on Government assistance? Is that ethical? Is it ethical to blind someone to their own potential? Is it ethical to protect someone from personal responsibility? Is it ethical to brainwash the black man with his past?

You lack any true insight whatsoever, my friend. I cannot speak to your character or lack thereof but at this rate, your ad hominem speaks to the latter.

Last edited:

I am not right wing.
You are lacking in character and ethics judging others you know nothing about.
People that support plunder and theft from producers to expand the moocher class lack character and ethics.

I am not right wing.
People that support plunder and theft from producers to expand the moocher class lack character and ethics.

Here is some pertinent news for you. You ARE a right wing turd. It is YOU who are the scum of this nation, not the people you deride. America does not have a 'moocher class' It is a fabrication of scum bags like you.

You right wing turds are on a mission to IGNORE the FACTS about programs like food stamps or other great programs that help We the people. Instead you will continue to present the usual emotional whining and support it with anecdotal evidence instead of the FACTS. Are there SOME people who fit your narrative, yes. Is it a significant number, NO.

I am not right wing.

I learned a long time ago, you can't stop stupid, and bfgrn is a stupid turd, who wants the poor o stay poor so he can feel better about himself.

I am not right wing.

I learned a long time ago, you can't stop stupid, and bfgrn is a stupid turd, who wants the poor o stay poor so he can feel better about himself.

LEARNED? You can't even absorb the FACTS in the OP.

Right wing scum like you either can't read, can't absorb or can't accept the FACTS and the TRUTH. The OP dispells all your right wing elite ass licking myths. Your right wing world view that the only 'good', 'ethical' and 'moral' people are wealthy, and ALL the poor people need is to be thrown in the river to sink or swim is the mantra of every authoritarian that ever crawled on this earth. You are the scum of human kind.

Last edited:
Let's put it another way. 1 out of 6 people face hunger. America is not as wealthy as people would like to believe.

can you buy lobster with snap?
yes you can buy it... why would a person who is on food stamps buy a lobster ... when they cost around $25.00 each that's two weeks groceries ... why would they choose to buy a lobster, then starve for two weeks .... you republicans say the stupidest shit

I am not right wing.

Here is some pertinent news for you. You ARE a right wing turd. It is YOU who are the scum of this nation, not the people you deride. America does not have a 'moocher class' It is a fabrication of scum bags like you.

You right wing turds are on a mission to IGNORE the FACTS about programs like food stamps or other great programs that help We the people. Instead you will continue to present the usual emotional whining and support it with anecdotal evidence instead of the FACTS. Are there SOME people who fit your narrative, yes. Is it a significant number, NO.

I post nothing but facts.
The more you grow government the more you grow the poor.
You have grown a society of uneducated, young, single, non-working women that have poor children destined for a life of poverty.
And what do you continue to do? You offer incentives for them to do more of it.
I seek solutions, all you do is call names like a 5 year old and run with emotion and other people's $$$.

I am not right wing.

LEARNED? You can't even absorb the FACTS in the OP.

Right wing scum like you either can't read, can't absorb or can't accept the FACTS and the TRUTH. The OP dispells all your right wing elite ass licking myths. Your right wing world view that the only 'good', 'ethical' and 'moral' people are wealthy, and ALL the poor people need is to be thrown in the river to sink or swim is the mantra of every authoritarian that ever crawled on this earth. You are the scum of human kind.

You have no clue what my morals or ethics are, you are playing a stupid overall generalization which tells me you are an idiot and a certifiable bigot.

So I really have no respect for you. You think you know everything and in reality know squat. So continue to spew your self righteous hate and your self absorbed propaganda. All you do is prove that scum come in all parties. Congrats!

Let's put it another way. 1 out of 6 people face hunger. America is not as wealthy as people would like to believe.

yes you can buy it... why would a person who is on food stamps buy a lobster ... when they cost around $25.00 each that's two weeks groceries ... why would they choose to buy a lobster, then starve for two weeks .... you republicans say the stupidest shit

People who are actually in need of the SNAP program wouldn't. Problem today is that many who 'qualify' have resources well beyond SNAP. I doubt that many here, those working and trying to make their money stretch without SNAP, regularly buy large quantities (more than 6) of Smartwater, Vitamin Water, sodas by the individual can, Godiva type individual chocolate bars, frozen pizzas or frozen appetizers, in a convenience type retail store-without their being on sale. Today is the 9th, 2 days ago I had 3 SNAP customers do some version of the above, along with chips, packaged bakery items, etc. Inevitably the total purchased was over $35. One already hit the SNAP limit. All had items beyond SNAP coverage, all used credit cards to cover the balance remaining.

I don't begrudge someone picking up a cold drink on a hot day or buying a candy bar for themselves or their children. Just because one sees that purchase and SNAP card, one really doesn't know if that candy is just a special treat or to tie the kids over until a late dinner after a long day. I'm well aware that cooking a meal, especially planned around sale protein and veggies will make food dollars buy more healthy food, I won't judge someone grabbing a pizza or a Stouffer's meal. Again, one has no idea of what the reasons are.

What I don't understand is the waste of food dollars in a store known to have very high food prices. One or two pizzas at 'full price' to feed kids quickly? Understood. Buying 6 for $50 on the limited SNAP budget? One would only do that if cost is no object. Paying $1.75 for a Smartwater or +$4. ea for 6 large Starbucks or Red Bull? No, Few of us would pay $24+ for 6 beverages.

This is not an area or store one can get to without a car. Besides, the purchases are too large/heavy to walk with. Within 10 minutes there are 4 different groceries at least, where the costs would be less than 1/2 of these. Same brands.

These are just wasteful purchases in a budgetary sense. When people who work and do not receive SNAP are forced to make changes in the shopping and cooking patterns to have more dollars left to pay bills, it seems reasonable to limit the program to those really in need. I'd rather see a person that is getting $200 a month and really in need, get $250, than all receiving get less, but those who are abusing it actually are buying premium in either cost or quality terms.

There needs to be better oversight. I'm not against the program philosophically, but in practice for too many that can make it without the aid.

sorry to inform you, you liberals are the ones who say the stupid shit.

The op is about the facts about food stamps. The facts he was hesitant to own up to.

The fact is that you CAN buy lobster and any other high end luxury food so long as it "qualifies"

The fact is that yes indeed people DO purchase these items with snap benefits.

sorry to inform you, you liberals are the ones who say the stupid shit.

The op is about the facts about food stamps. The facts he was hesitant to own up to.

The fact is that you CAN buy lobster and any other high end luxury food so long as it "qualifies"

The fact is that yes indeed people DO purchase these items with snap benefits.

I take it you don't know any poor people and get your information about all of them from hack radio, tv, and internet personalities. You hear of a guy who bought a lobster and write that large on all poor people.

I swear to Jesus Christ himself I would love to take you people with me as I take you around my area. I run a faith-based non-profit that serves the poor and people like you are so willfully ignorant it borders on mental retardation.

Last edited:

People who are actually in need of the SNAP program wouldn't. Problem today is that many who 'qualify' have resources well beyond SNAP. I doubt that many here, those working and trying to make their money stretch without SNAP, regularly buy large quantities (more than 6) of Smartwater, Vitamin Water, sodas by the individual can, Godiva type individual chocolate bars, frozen pizzas or frozen appetizers, in a convenience type retail store-without their being on sale. Today is the 9th, 2 days ago I had 3 SNAP customers do some version of the above, along with chips, packaged bakery items, etc. Inevitably the total purchased was over $35. One already hit the SNAP limit. All had items beyond SNAP coverage, all used credit cards to cover the balance remaining.

I don't begrudge someone picking up a cold drink on a hot day or buying a candy bar for themselves or their children. Just because one sees that purchase and SNAP card, one really doesn't know if that candy is just a special treat or to tie the kids over until a late dinner after a long day. I'm well aware that cooking a meal, especially planned around sale protein and veggies will make food dollars buy more healthy food, I won't judge someone grabbing a pizza or a Stouffer's meal. Again, one has no idea of what the reasons are.

What I don't understand is the waste of food dollars in a store known to have very high food prices. One or two pizzas at 'full price' to feed kids quickly? Understood. Buying 6 for $50 on the limited SNAP budget? One would only do that if cost is no object. Paying $1.75 for a Smartwater or +$4. ea for 6 large Starbucks or Red Bull? No, Few of us would pay $24+ for 6 beverages.

This is not an area or store one can get to without a car. Besides, the purchases are too large/heavy to walk with. Within 10 minutes there are 4 different groceries at least, where the costs would be less than 1/2 of these. Same brands.

These are just wasteful purchases in a budgetary sense. When people who work and do not receive SNAP are forced to make changes in the shopping and cooking patterns to have more dollars left to pay bills, it seems reasonable to limit the program to those really in need. I'd rather see a person that is getting $200 a month and really in need, get $250, than all receiving get less, but those who are abusing it actually are buying premium in either cost or quality terms.

There needs to be better oversight. I'm not against the program philosophically, but in practice for too many that can make it without the aid.

my guess is if they worked hard for that money they just wasted and would truly run out of money to purchase food and starve..... they would not be purchasing any of it.

And... if they will run out of money and purchase things like this.... they deserve to starve to death.

Forum List

Back