The FACTS on Food Stamps

Exactly. I was a First Data agent....I sold EBT as part of a package along with other debit and credit card terminal processing. If the pizza place had EBT benefits in their package, I'm a monkey's uncle. :eusa_naughty: These kind of statements show koshergirl is pulling these stories of hers out of thin air.

Wow. NOt only are you full of shit, you're a liar.

And now, a monkey's uncle:

"Does Papa Murphy's accept EBT — Electronic Benefits Transfer?
Yes. Papa Murphy's gladly accepts EBT at nearly every store location. Contact your nearest Papa Murphy's for details.

Papa Murphy's | Frequently Asked Questions

I submit to you that you don't know half of anything about welfare, foodstamps, or any of the bullshit you're spewing.

And you're calling a Visa/MC terminal an "EBT machine".....I don't really care if Papa Murphy's has scammed the program someplace....it's food so what? You sure know a lot about the EBT program for never having used it....so who's the "liar" here? :uhoh3:

p.s. I read your link and discovered they accept EBT....the CASH DEBIT side of the program not the "nutrition assistance" side. :eusa_eh:

You're a liar. What's your motivation?

I never called an ATM an ebt machine either, nitwit.

But welfare recipients certainly can and do pull $$$ out of bank atms.

Subway takes them too:

And Jack in the Box:

Here’s a quick list of fast food restaurants in states that already accept food stamps for restaurant meals:
Michigan:
Church’s Chicken
Kentucky Fried Chicken
McDonald’s
Subway
Grandma’s Famous Chicken
Eight Mile Pancake House
Mr. T’s BBQ
Vito’s Pizza
California:
Jack in the Box
Subway
El Pollo Loco
Papa Murphy’s Pizza
Florida
KFC
Taco Bell
Pizza Hut
Papa Murphy’s Pizza
Arizona
Domino’s Pizza
Golden Corral
Southern Cuisine
Rally’s Hamburger

Fast Food Chains Getting Into the Food Stamp Act - ABC News

That is two years old, and by no means a complete list.

Is that why Obama is opposed to the key stone pipeline? Instead this administration wants to spend billions more on the same old story, infrastructure, teachers, cops ..... you know the same plan he has been discussing since his very first State of the Union address. You would think after over a trillion taxpayer dollars spent, and only seeing unemployment drop (at best) by 2 points with 1% GDP growth... this President would actually begin to "learn" something about true economic growth.

The "stimulus money" went to cover state & local pension debts, not jobs. Most of the cities have hidden debts like Detroit. They all need to go bankrupt so tax dollars pay for services & jobs instead of servicing huge debts & pensions. They have been firing government workers, raising taxes & printing money all to pay debts & pensions. We pay more for less every day.

Is that why Obama is opposed to the key stone pipeline? Instead this administration wants to spend billions more on the same old story, infrastructure, teachers, cops ..... you know the same plan he has been discussing since his very first State of the Union address. You would think after over a trillion taxpayer dollars spent, and only seeing unemployment drop (at best) by 2 points with 1% GDP growth... this President would actually begin to "learn" something about true economic growth.

The "stimulus money" went to cover state & local pension debts, not jobs. Most of the cities have hidden debts like Detroit. They all need to go bankrupt so tax dollars pay for services & jobs instead of servicing huge debts & pensions. They have been firing government workers, raising taxes & printing money all to pay debts & pensions. We pay more for less every day.

Link?

I
Yes you can. You just can't buy HOT prepared food. You can buy any deli item that is cold, and you can buy take & bake pizza from Papa Murphy's. In fact, their business largely depends on snap dollars...our local had a broken ebt machine, and the manager was talking to me and they said it was taking forever to get it fixed and it was killing their business. You can also buy soda....and fountain soda from 7/11...and candy.

Ahem. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Ahem what, you loon? The restaurant has an ebt machine..which, incidentally, is obsolete. It is old technology to have a separate keypad for ebt cards...but many businesses still do.

The BANK ATMs do not.

Ahem what, you loon? The restaurant has an ebt machine..which, incidentally, is obsolete. It is old technology to have a separate keypad for ebt cards...but many businesses still do.

The BANK ATMs do not.

What does this "EBT machine" look like? :eusa_shifty:

It's a keypad.

term-veri-pinpad1000se.jpg

Foodstamp customers hand their ebt to the clerk @ the food place, the clerk takes it, swipes it, and hand them the keypad.

In our local store, it's the reason foodstamp customers can't pick up their pizzas at the drive through. The keypad won't reach.

"
EEBBTT SSuurrcchhaarrggee--FFrreeee AATTMMss
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]A surcharge is the amount some ATMs charge you each time you withdraw your cash benefits, and this surcharge is deducted from your available balance. Surcharge-free ATMs provide you access to your cash benefits without being surcharged by the ATM.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]July 15, 2013 [/FONT][/FONT]Alta One Federal Credit Union (NEA-WEA)
America’s Christian Credit Union
Arrowhead Credit Union
Banco Popular
Bank of Commerce
Bank of Rio Vista
Bank of the West
Bay Federal Credit Union
CBC Federal Credit Union
Citibank
Comerica
Edwards Federal Credit Union
Exchange Bank
Financial Center Credit Union
First Bank & Trust
Mission Community Bank
North Valley Bank
Plumas Bank
Priority One Credit Union
Redwood Credit Union
River City Bank
Sacramento Credit Union
San Diego County Credit Union
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
Sonoma Bank
Sun Community Federal Credit Union
U.S. Bank*
United Security Bank
USE Credit Union
Valley Business Bank
WestAmerica Bank
XCeed Financial Credit Union
Safeway (Cardtronics)
Von’s (Cardtronics)

"

http://www.ebtproject.ca.gov/Library/Cash_Access.pdf

Ok, so now please share with us some more of your extensive knowledge about ebt, welfare, and the people who abuse the system, moron? Please? I enjoy spanking you.

"
The California Restaurant Meals Program allows eligible homeless, disabled, and/or elderly (ages 60 and above) CalFresh benefit recipients to use their CalFresh benefits to purchase hot, prepared food from participating restaurants.

The following California counties participate in the Restaurant Meals Program:

Let's put it another way. 1 out of 6 people face hunger. America is not as wealthy as people would like to believe.

Since we've spent trillions on the war on poverty and poverty rates are the same as when we started, maybe government isn't as effective solution to the problem as people would like to believe.

"The California Restaurant Meals Program allows eligible homeless, disabled, and/or elderly (ages 60 and above) CalFresh benefit recipients to use their CalFresh benefits to purchase hot, prepared food from participating restaurants.

How can you store or cook food if you are homeless or disabled? Why can't they get hot food?

It's a keypad.

term-veri-pinpad1000se.jpg

That's a pinpad for taking debit cards.....I've sold hundreds of them. :eusa_whistle:

Most terminals now have internal pinpads but by using them, the customer has to enter their passcode on the terminal keypad which means giving the public access to terminal....bad things can happen when they start pushing the wrong buttons.

Last edited:
They can..despite the protestations of the idiot above.

You keep calling me names and I keep proving you're pulling your stories out of thin air. You can't win this....give up now and I won't hold it against you. :eusa_angel:

Every time there is a better plan to RESTRUCTURE existing government programs such as the food stamp program we hear the left cry "they want children to starve" bull shit.
Additionally, there is a bill in Congress, opposed by all Democrats, that funds training for able bodied adults WITH NO DEPENDENT CHILDREN IN THE HOUSE, to train them for existing jobs so they can GET OFF food stamps within a certain time period.
And Democrats all oppose it.
The thing that is most troublesome is that Democrats look at the growth of food stamps as "see, look at how good we are" where in reality the growth of that program is terrible.
When society helps their own through COMMUNITIES and neighborhoods and the food stamp program declines rapidly then and only then will we know citizens have got off their fat, lazy asses and gone out and helped their neighbor.
The liberal will not do that, they cry for government to fill that role 100% and support growing it.

Forum List

Back