The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

My parents and grandparents were Republicans back in the 50's and early 60's.

They gave the middle finger to that party when Barry Goldwater opposed the civil rights act of 1964, which contributed to Johnson winning by a landslide, then he further insulted the intelligence of black voters by justifying his position, claiming that the civil rights act was a "government overreach".

They are all politicians and are dirty on both sides, and black citizens would be far better off just focusing more on local elections that have an immediate impact on their self interest.

There will never be another black POTUS in America again.

After what Obama endured, what sane black person would even want to be president of this country?

Why do you assume that Barry Goldwater was not sincere in his concerns about government overreach?

Where did I state that I didn't think he was sincere about his concerns?

It appears that you "assumed" what I think.

Obviously he was more concerned with "government overreach" than he was the rights of people.

Funny how the government was not overreaching when it was making laws to segregate and provide whites with extra rights.

Show me where Barry Goldwater said that, or admit that you are a filthy liar.
Where did he ever claim Goldwater said that?

Goldwater did say let the states decide on their own Civil Rights

We were talking about Barry Goldwater and the republican party. No republican I know of, opposed the Civil Rights Bill that we were talking about, as "overreach" while supporting segregation and/or Jim Crow.

It was certainly never the platform of the Party.

If he was not talking about Goldwater, then who was he talking about, and why? Perhaps he should have explained if he was completely changing the subject and why.

If he was.

Funny how the whites who talk about democratic plantations can't seem to tell us when they will nominate a black presidential candidate.

I can tell you exactly when we republicans will nominate a black presidential candidate.

Blacks have been in our primaries. They get "equal opportunity" to get the nomination.

There are blacks speaking at GOP conventions.

When was the last time you saw a pro-life woman speak at a DNC convention ?

Blacks are smarter than that.

Who wants to put up with the bullshit we put candidates through these days.

Condy Rice would get my support. But she's not going to go through that shitstorm.

Right now, the country does not deserve her.

Why do you assume that Barry Goldwater was not sincere in his concerns about government overreach?

Obviously he was more concerned with "government overreach" than he was the rights of people.

Funny how the government was not overreaching when it was making laws to segregate and provide whites with extra rights.

We were talking about Barry Goldwater and the republican party. No republican I know of, opposed the Civil Rights Bill that we were talking about, as "overreach" while supporting segregation and/or Jim Crow.

It was certainly never the platform of the Party.

If he was not talking about Goldwater, then who was he talking about, and why? Perhaps he should have explained if he was completely changing the subject and why.

If he was.
Barry Goldwater voted against Civil Rights and campaigned in the south for States Rights.
That is why he won those states against Democrat LBJ
Goldwater took S Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
Up til then, they were solid Democratic

Last edited:
8 blacks elected by Republicans in a hundred years?

Correll is just a racist sack of lying shit. My grandparents were republicans, my parents were republicans when they were young. They all left the party because the party kept fucking blacks over. That is how they explained it to me. Republicans would promise blacks things and never keep their promises. Things like ending segregation. In classic white supremacist fashion, Correll cannot face the truth and has to manufacture blame elsewhere for I personal failure of the failure of the republican party.

It was a democrat that signed the emancipation proclamation of my generation. Yet these idiots want to post racist comments from him, while telling us how we should be republicans because of Lincoln, a man that believed blacks were inferior. These guys are so full of shit, they are surrounded all day by flies.

They gave the middle finger to that party when Barry Goldwater opposed the civil rights act of 1964, which contributed to Johnson winning by a landslide, then he further insulted the intelligence of black voters by justifying his position, claiming that the civil rights act was a "government overreach".

They are all politicians and are dirty on both sides, and black citizens would be far better off just focusing more on local elections that have an immediate impact on their self interest.

After what Obama endured, what sane black person would even want to be president of this country?

If he was sincere in his stated concern about government overreach, then he was not insulting the intelligence of blacks , when he made that statement.

It would only have been an insult to their intelligence if it was not only a lie, but a stupid lie.

If his concern was sincere, and his stated reason was the truth, then his opposition to that particular bill was not opposition to the idea of civil rights but how it was being done in that bill.

That thought is not even logical. Obviously he put staying within the confines of "government limits" over ensuring equal rights for ALL Americans.

Why should any American have to "wait" for equal treatment in what is supposed be the so called
"land of the free"?

As tax paying citizens, black people were entitled to the same rights as every other citizen, and he apparantly believed that it was ACCEPTABLE for them to be selectively discriminated against at the whim of any state at any time, while he and his fellow oppressors "decided how to make the bill more palatable to the majority". That was nothing but the same ideology that the Confederacy supported prior to the start of the civil war.

It was a moral issue to black citizens during that era, and was definately an INSULT.

Unlike you, I am old enough to recall the outrage over it, and black voters responded as they should have.....at the polls.

That is a no brainer, and it will be a well deserved footnote in Goldwaters legacy for eternity.

Last edited:
Wanna back up this, or is it just BS...Biff_Poindexter ?

With the amount of black support Trump has won over -- he has grown the republican party by an exponential amount -- at least 70% of blacks either publicly or privately support "Trump....in 2016 he won 8% of the black vote and he said this year he will win 95% of the black vote."

I don't have to show you shit. There was no complaining by whites about government overreach when whites were making laws denying non whites or their civil rights.

I don't have to show you shit. There was no complaining by whites about government overreach when whites were making laws denying non whites or their civil rights.
They had no problem getting the government to enforce Jim Crow or the legal system to deny the vote and equal access to the justice system.

With the amount of black support Trump has won over -- he has grown the republican party by an exponential amount -- at least 70% of blacks either publicly or privately support "Trump....in 2016 he won 8% of the black vote and he said this year he will win 95% of the black vote."

trump has not won over any blacks. I am not going to argue with you about this as you are white and I happen to be black. 70 percent of all blacks do not support trump in any manner and this year, he will be lucky to get 10 percent of the black vote. That's how things are in the real world. In fact free land controlled by the alt right media, the numbers of blacks supporting trump in any manner is made up.

trump has not won over any blacks. I am not going to argue with you about this as you are white and I happen to be black. 70 percent of all blacks do not support trump in any manner and this year, he will be lucky to get 10 percent of the black vote. That's how things are in the real world. In fact free land controlled by the alt right media, the numbers of blacks supporting trump in any manner is made up.
That's what I'm saying....it's not true and Trump never said that. I'm calling out Biff for his lie.
I know you don't have the character to call out Biff for the lie.

That's what I'm saying....it's not true and Trump never said that. I'm calling out Biff for his lie.

I don't call him out because I know Biff is being sarcastic. He plays you guys every time.

I don't call him out because I know Biff is being sarcastic. He plays you guys every time.
Make up any excuse for your lack of character you want. I really don't give a shit, everybody knows it anyways.
But, if Biff wants to start an OP he ought to try and use actual facts to argue and not the ones he makes up.
Something you would never understand, IM2.

For blacks it was 100 years of broken promises. We were leaving before the mid 60's but when the republican party went full racist, that just increased the leaving. Wealthy whites in all political parties that have existed during American history have played the blame the black person for your problems game on poor or middle class whites since America was a British colony.
The Party of Lincoln has blocked every major civil rights protection for the last 50 years
Such as...?

But it's interesting that you set the cutoff at 50 years. Because if you'd gone back further, you'd have forced me to illustrate the Democratic Party's opposition to civil rights legislation since the founding of the GOP.

Unfortunately for you, you will find that the republican party was just as much in opposition if you go further back.
That is absolutely false. The Republican Party has supported civil rights for all since its establishment.
They opposed gay rights

Still do
Not all of them.

For blacks it was 100 years of broken promises. We were leaving before the mid 60's but when the republican party went full racist, that just increased the leaving. Wealthy whites in all political parties that have existed during American history have played the blame the black person for your problems game on poor or middle class whites since America was a British colony.
The Party of Lincoln has blocked every major civil rights protection for the last 50 years
Such as...?

But it's interesting that you set the cutoff at 50 years. Because if you'd gone back further, you'd have forced me to illustrate the Democratic Party's opposition to civil rights legislation since the founding of the GOP.

Unfortunately for you, you will find that the republican party was just as much in opposition if you go further back.
That is absolutely false. The Republican Party has supported civil rights for all since its establishment.

No it is not false. Rutherford Hayes made an agreement with southern democrats to remove troops from southern states if they vote him into the presidency and that ended reconstruction. I can keep going with examples of republican opposition to civil rights before and after the 1965 Civil Rights Act was passed.
Reconstruction was about reconstructing the South, repairing all the war damage the North did. Had nothing to do with civil rights.

So if that's the best you've got, you've got nothing.

Actually Blacks OPPOSE Gay rights, gay marriage and gay adoption. And remind me which party they have voted for since 1967?

Funny how the whites who talk about democratic plantations can't seem to tell us when they will nominate a black presidential candidate.
You mean like how the democrats this cycle dumped all the black candidates quickly?

The democrats didn't dump anybody. People voted. You white republicans need to quit this bullshit. I am 59 years old and I'm telling you why blacks left the party according to blacks who are no longer here who did the leaving. Katsteve is older than I am and he's telling you the same thing. And most certainly we can see what the party stands for today simply by coming in places like this and talking directly to republicans. So this blacks being told what to do by white liberals who keep us on a democratic plantation is an insult that's even worse than calling us the n word. And posting comments from sorry ass black uncle toms and sellouts is even more insulting because we know that the ONLY reason you even support them is because they are dumb ass naïve idiots thinking they are working to bring the races together by appeasing your racist asses but in reality they are working to help you implement your anti black agenda.

This is an old article, but the writer did an exceptional job of explaining the psychology behind the term "Democrat Plantation", as well as the psychosis of FAR right black conservatives who use the term.

A childhood friend of mine who is a professor at SDSU emailed this to me, and believes this to be 21st century code language that is being used to shame ill informed, gullible black citizens into committing to a right leaning political party, in spite of the fact that NEITHER party represents the best interests of black voters.

Opinion | Blacks, Conservatives and Plantations

That's exactly what it is. And even worse, they find these dumb blacks to go out and talk this shit. Idiots like Larry Elders, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Candice Owns, Shelby Teele, Star Parker, etc.
Why are they idiots? Because you don't agree with them?

Why do liberals hate blacks who dare disagree with what liberals insist they should believe?

Such as...?

They opposed gay rights

Still do
Nobody is perfect. But show me in their platform where it says that.
“Marriage is between one man and one woman”
selective-outrage-liberals-obama-miss-california-hypocrisy-political-poster-1266638628.jpg

Y'all had a fit when Prejean said exactly what Obama said -- and you were silent when he said it.

Double standard much?

You mean like how the democrats this cycle dumped all the black candidates quickly?

The democrats didn't dump anybody. People voted. You white republicans need to quit this bullshit. I am 59 years old and I'm telling you why blacks left the party according to blacks who are no longer here who did the leaving. Katsteve is older than I am and he's telling you the same thing. And most certainly we can see what the party stands for today simply by coming in places like this and talking directly to republicans. So this blacks being told what to do by white liberals who keep us on a democratic plantation is an insult that's even worse than calling us the n word. And posting comments from sorry ass black uncle toms and sellouts is even more insulting because we know that the ONLY reason you even support them is because they are dumb ass naïve idiots thinking they are working to bring the races together by appeasing your racist asses but in reality they are working to help you implement your anti black agenda.
and yet MORE republicans voted for the Civil rights act then democrats.

You guys really need to quit this shit.

The House of Representatives passed H.R. 4, the Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2019, by a vote of 228-186 on Friday. Just one Republican — Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) — voted for it, while 186 Republicans voted no.

House passes Voting Rights bill with just one Republican vote
Look RETARD we were talking about the Civil rights act, god you are pathetic. As for the bill you cited it had major flaws if you had bothered to read it. Anything created by democrats is usually designed to benefit democrats and disenfranchise republicans.

Look retard, you were trying to give todays republicans credit for being a party of racial equality based on their vote on civil rights in the 1960's. That bill was not created to benefit democrats and it had few if any flaws. I have read the bill hundreds of times idiot, and I certainly won't be listening to some racist white assholes opinion of it.
Remember, kids, Republicans can't take credit for anything in the past -- but they damn sure have to accept the blame for the past.

Forum List

Back