The flag we left on Mars, now this:

Now I'm not sure she didn't misspeak, her notes had a typo or she may have simply been wrong, but taken out of full context I can't be sure the 400 year remark did not mean the finding of Jamestown by English Colonists. Yet we know the remark, like Obama's 57 states remark, will forever entertain ruck conservatives.

We should deal with real life issue, such as legitimate rape and pregnancy, shouldn't we?

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

Todd Akin, one of the best and brightest of the New Right.

Pointing to bad behavior to justify bad behavior is a liberal tenet.

Now I'm not sure she didn't misspeak, her notes had a typo or she may have simply been wrong, but taken out of full context I can't be sure the 400 year remark did not mean the finding of Jamestown by English Colonists. Yet we know the remark, like Obama's 57 states remark, will forever entertain ruck conservatives.

We should deal with real life issue, such as legitimate rape and pregnancy, shouldn't we?

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

Really? I'd like to look that up. Is there a book entitled, "The List of Liberal Tenets"?

Misspeaking or being ignorant (unless willful) isn't bad behavior; lying as Akin did (no matter how absurd) is (unless you know the names of the medical doctors who Akin consulted).

The same Sheila Jackson Lee who said, "It's time for us to just write Executive Orders for Obama to sign".

Really? I'd like to look that up. Is there a book entitled, "The List of Liberal Tenets"?

Misspeaking or being ignorant (unless willful) isn't bad behavior; lying as Akin did (no matter how absurd) is (unless you know the names of the medical doctors who Akin consulted).

What lie did Akin tell and how is that different from the lies Obama tells?

If this really happened you should have video or audio to prove it. I am suspicious because some of the same sources give different dates for the same event.

For example, the Right-wing National Review gives the dates for this ONE event as 1997 and 2005. Sounds like an Urban Legend that the Right can't get their story straight on. So please link to some audio or video proof and not some lying Right-wing source.
Thank you.

Is Sheila Jackson Lee really that stupid? - Louisville Public Policy | Examiner.com
First of all, there is no audio or video. Secondly it is a lying Right-wing source. Thirdly, there is no record of Lee visiting the JPL in 2005, nor is there any 2005 news story of a gaff. That story is from 2010.

This is just another Right-wing lie parroted by every Right-wing hate site with absolutely no proof.

No record, eh?

Congressional Visit

Need photos?

136782main_jsc2005e42293_lores.jpg

136779main_jsc2005e42287_lores.jpg

Libs don't seem to know much at all about the USA (e.g. 57 states, 400 year old Constitution), maybe they hate it out of complete ignorance?

As usual, Republicans can't read:

"Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.”

Jamestown, 1607, oldest colony in the original thirteen colonies comprising the United States of America.

Though you could take it as she meant the Constitution was 400 years old, an intelligent reader would understand what she really said. Commas are important.
She spoke with a comma? LOL. A colony on a continent isn't a country. Try harder.

Ame®icano;8767777 said:
First of all, there is no audio or video. Secondly it is a lying Right-wing source. Thirdly, there is no record of Lee visiting the JPL in 2005, nor is there any 2005 news story of a gaff. That story is from 2010.

This is just another Right-wing lie parroted by every Right-wing hate site with absolutely no proof.

No record, eh?

Congressional Visit

Need photos?

136782main_jsc2005e42293_lores.jpg

136779main_jsc2005e42287_lores.jpg
Notice how the Right moves the goalpost when they are caught lying. The Examiner link T provided clearly states the visit was to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) which is in California. The Johnson Space Center is in Houston. At the JSC they were tracking the International Space Station, not Pathfinder. So not only are the Right changing the year this ONE event took place they are also changing the location.

From the Link T supplied:
Is Sheila Jackson Lee really that stupid? - Louisville Public Policy | Examiner.com

On a visit to the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in 2005, Rep. Lee made embarrassing news by asking if the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted there in 1969 by Neil Armstrong.

Last edited:
Notice how the Right moves the goalpost when they are caught lying.
As a member of the right, I don't care where she was. She's a hatred filled retard.

Nice link though:

"This week, Rep. Lee gave a speech at the NAACP convention, and told an enthusiastic crowd that the Tea Party participants were nothing more than Ku Klux Klan members without their robes:

All those who wore sheets a long time ago have now lifted them off and started wearing [applause], uh, clothing, uh, with a name, say, I am part of the tea party. Don’t you be fooled. [voices: "That's right.", applause] Those who used to wear sheets are now being able to walk down the aisle and speak as a patriot because you will not speak loudly about the lack of integrity of this movement. Don’t let anybody tell you that those who spit on us as we were walking to vote on a health care bill for all of America or those who said Congresswoman Jackson-Lee’s braids were too tight in her hair had anything to do with justice and equality and empowerment of the American people. Don’t let them fool you on that [applause]…."

Hey mo-fucking-ron. Tod Akin is nothing. He's definitely not a Republican Congressman and doesn't spew his garbage from the Floor of the House like the retards on the Left!

Maybe the Democrats should just write Executive Orders for Obama to sign, like the bytch said from the Floor Of The House.

What's your excuse for Harry Reid?
Debbie Wasserman Schultz?
Fredrica Wilson?
Nanny Pelosi?
Maxine Waters?
Elijah Cummings?
James Clyburn?

Their I.Q.'s combined don't add up to a Jaybird's brain!

Last edited:
As a member of the right, I don't care …
Of course you don't care about the truth, that is why you are on the Right.

Apparently this lie was started by a GOP hack named Sandy Hume in 1997 and the date was changed to 2005 to help prevent tracking down the source of the lie and finding out that the lying author of the fabrication was not there and two witnesses who were there, one the GOP source Hume claims told him the story, deny Lee asked anything about the Pathfinder or Armstrong!!!!!!

Mooned | Texas Monthly

But no quote caused more teeth to be bared than one allegedly uttered by second-term U.S. congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Houston). Jackson Lee, whose district neighbors the Johnson Space Center, is a member of the House Committee on Science, and so it was that she spent part of her summer recess visiting the Mars Pathfinder Operations Center in Pasadena, California. While there, according to an article by Sandy Hume in The Hill , a weekly newspaper that covers Congress, Jackson Lee asked if the Pathfinder succeeded in taking pictures of the American flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969. Of course, Armstrong planted the flag on the Moon, as any high schooler should be able to tell you, let alone a 47-year-old Yale graduate. Hume wasn’t on the trip, so he didn’t hear the question himself, but he says a committee staffer did, as did Jackson Lee’s Science Committee colleague Congressman Vernon Ehlers (R-Michigan), whom Hume quoted on the record pooh-poohing the significance of her boo-boo. Such stories are, of course, old hat in an era of gotcha journalism, and this one surely would have gone away without much notice had it not been for what happened next. Livid over Hume’s article, Jackson Lee’s deputy chief of staff, Leon Buck , wrote a letter to the editor of the Hill accusing Hume, who is white, of racism. “You thought you could have fun with a black woman member of the Science Committee,” Buck wrote, comparing the article with racial slurs directed at Tiger Woods after the Masters Tournament . He also criticized Hume’s failure to use “the proper spelling of her name,” a reference to a hyphen that incorrectly appeared between “Jackson” and “Lee.” (As Hume notes, Jackson Lee’s name is hyphenated in Congressional Quarterly ’s Who’s Who in Congress 1997 and Politics in America 1998 .) What Buck didn’t do, however, was deny that she asked the question.
Still, she has other defenders. Shortly after the Hill story ran, the ranking Democrat on the Science Committee, George Brown of California, sent a letter to the Houston Chronicle in support of Jackson Lee (whose name, in a bit of delicious irony, he hyphenated). “My staff director, who accompanied Ms. Jackson-Lee and other Members on the NASA overnight trip, tells me that Sheila’s question had nothing to do with either the Mars Pathfinder mission or Neil Armstrong,” Brown wrote. Then there is Congressman Ehlers, who now says Hume misquoted him. “There was a question of some sort,” Ehlers told Texas Monthly, “but I do not recall her asking about Neil Armstrong.” Hume, not surprisingly, stands by his story.

She said it. Can't escape it. YOU defend the indefensible like the partisan hack you are. :eusa_hand:

Ed won't accept it until he sees it from either HuffPuff, MediaMadders or DailyKhaos

Akin is yesterday's news. Try and catch up!

Apparently this lie was started by a GOP hack named Sandy Hume in 1997 and the date was changed to 2005 to help prevent tracking down the source of the lie and finding out that the lying author of the fabrication was not there and two witnesses who were there, one the GOP source Hume claims told him the story, deny Lee asked anything about the Pathfinder or Armstrong!!!!!!

Mooned | Texas Monthly

But no quote caused more teeth to be bared than one allegedly uttered by second-term U.S. congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Houston). Jackson Lee, whose district neighbors the Johnson Space Center, is a member of the House Committee on Science, and so it was that she spent part of her summer recess visiting the Mars Pathfinder Operations Center in Pasadena, California. While there, according to an article by Sandy Hume in The Hill , a weekly newspaper that covers Congress, Jackson Lee asked if the Pathfinder succeeded in taking pictures of the American flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969. Of course, Armstrong planted the flag on the Moon, as any high schooler should be able to tell you, let alone a 47-year-old Yale graduate. Hume wasn’t on the trip, so he didn’t hear the question himself, but he says a committee staffer did, as did Jackson Lee’s Science Committee colleague Congressman Vernon Ehlers (R-Michigan), whom Hume quoted on the record pooh-poohing the significance of her boo-boo. Such stories are, of course, old hat in an era of gotcha journalism, and this one surely would have gone away without much notice had it not been for what happened next. Livid over Hume’s article, Jackson Lee’s deputy chief of staff, Leon Buck , wrote a letter to the editor of the Hill accusing Hume, who is white, of racism. “You thought you could have fun with a black woman member of the Science Committee,” Buck wrote, comparing the article with racial slurs directed at Tiger Woods after the Masters Tournament . He also criticized Hume’s failure to use “the proper spelling of her name,” a reference to a hyphen that incorrectly appeared between “Jackson” and “Lee.” (As Hume notes, Jackson Lee’s name is hyphenated in Congressional Quarterly ’s Who’s Who in Congress 1997 and Politics in America 1998 .) What Buck didn’t do, however, was deny that she asked the question.
Still, she has other defenders. Shortly after the Hill story ran, the ranking Democrat on the Science Committee, George Brown of California, sent a letter to the Houston Chronicle in support of Jackson Lee (whose name, in a bit of delicious irony, he hyphenated). “My staff director, who accompanied Ms. Jackson-Lee and other Members on the NASA overnight trip, tells me that Sheila’s question had nothing to do with either the Mars Pathfinder mission or Neil Armstrong,” Brown wrote. Then there is Congressman Ehlers, who now says Hume misquoted him. “There was a question of some sort,” Ehlers told Texas Monthly, “but I do not recall her asking about Neil Armstrong.” Hume, not surprisingly, stands by his story.

She said it. Can't escape it. YOU defend the indefensible like the partisan hack you are. :eusa_hand:

Ed won't accept it until he sees it from either HuffPuff, MediaMadders or DailyKhaos
I already exposed it as a GOP scripted lie. But you will still believe it!

In other words he lives in an alternate Universe where lies are the norm and comes here to spew them. Leftists are like that.

Mooned | Texas Monthly

In other words he lives in an alternate Universe where lies are the norm and comes here to spew them. Leftists are like that.
And I'll bet you can't see the IRONY! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back