The G.I. Bill and Home Ownership

One of the reasons for the wealth gap in America started after WWII, when blacks were not given the same educational opportunities.

View attachment 505407

Now factor in rates of home ownership, which traditionally has been one of the most practical ways for middle class Americans to build wealth, and how banks often would refuse to lend to blacks, as well as Redlining

The Federal Reserve reports that the average homeowner in 2016 had a household wealth of $231,400, compared to the average renter having a household wealth of just $5,200.

A 30% difference in home ownership.

Race matters: Gap between Black and white homeownership is vast, new report finds

while youre playing the race card the system is working to end private property,,

The CRA had the government putting pressure on the lenders to give easy credit. You, know, for social justice reasons. Typical disastrous Democrat sponsored program. Jimmy Carter wanted to increased minority home ownership and it almost destroyed our economy.
Correct and then Clinton came along and kicked the under qualified minority lending into high gear. 10 years after Clinton, we harvested the results of what Carter and Clinton planted.

There is a moron on this thread who actually posted a link to something called "invertedrealitytv.com"….

There are no words.
do you know how pathetic it is to attack the messenger when you cant debunk the message??

why dont you addres the fact the great reset aims to end property ownership regardlesss of what color your skin is??

There is a moron on this thread who actually posted a link to something called "invertedrealitytv.com"….

There are no words.
do you know how pathetic it is to attack the messenger when you cant debunk the message??

why dont you addres the fact the great reset aims to end property ownership regardlesss of what color your skin is??

Because the very idea of "ending property ownership" is so indescribably stupid that it does not even warrant a response.

I don't know why you believe something so absurd, and I really don't care.

There are no words.

Because the very idea of "ending property ownership" is so indescribably stupid that it does not even warrant a response.

so you dont even know what your own party is pushing,,, sorry youre so ignorant, but please continue complaining about something that happened decades ago,,

One of the reasons for the wealth gap in America started after WWII, when blacks were not given the same educational opportunities.

View attachment 505407

Now factor in rates of home ownership, which traditionally has been one of the most practical ways for middle class Americans to build wealth, and how banks often would refuse to lend to blacks, as well as Redlining

The Federal Reserve reports that the average homeowner in 2016 had a household wealth of $231,400, compared to the average renter having a household wealth of just $5,200.

A 30% difference in home ownership.

Race matters: Gap between Black and white homeownership is vast, new report finds

Critical Race Theory summed up:

"Black people suck, so we need communism."

/thread

There are no words.

so you dont even know what your own party is pushing,,, sorry youre so ignorant, but please continue complaining about something that happened decades ago,,

It didn't just happen decades ago, it's been happening since banks have been giving credit. Generation after generation has been denied the opportunity to build wealth through home ownership.

I really am ignorant of someone (the Democrats?) trying to abolish "private property ownership".

I've never heard of such a thing, and it ranks right up there with Jewish space lasers, which I also don't wish to examine further.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

There are no words.

It didn't just happen decades ago, it's been happening since banks have been giving credit. Generation after generation has been denied the opportunity to build wealth through home ownership.

I really am ignorant of someone (the Democrats?) trying to abolish "private property ownership".

I've never heard of such a thing, and it ranks right up there with Jewish space lasers, which I also don't wish to examine further.
you havent heard about it??? youre more ignorant than I thought,,,

There are no words.

sorry, odonny -----it is a VERY REAL AGENDA. That you do not know----is just....you

Carter and Clinton "fixed" that problem by forcing banks to give loans to people of color who did not qualify by any measure. That was one of the primary causes for the banking collapse of 2008.
No he did not and no that was not the reason for the collapse in 2008. Furthermore the OP tells you about how the GOVERNMENT guaranteed loans to whites. So if a white person got a home loan and defaulted, the government paid the bank.

There are no words.

sorry, odonny -----it is a VERY REAL AGENDA. That you do not know----is just....you
No it is not. It is a white racist lie. And that's a VERY REAL AGENDA..

Carter and Clinton "fixed" that problem by forcing banks to give loans to people of color who did not qualify by any measure. That was one of the primary causes for the banking collapse of 2008.

W was part of the problem but Carter and Clinton created the laws already on the books that enabled under-qualified people of color to get home loans they couldn't afford.

Incorrect and Alan Greenspan testified that what you say was not the reason.

Greenspan Concedes Error on Regulation​

By Edmund L. Andrews
Oct. 23, 2008

“You had the authority to prevent irresponsible lending practices that led to the subprime mortgage crisis. You were advised to do so by many others,” said Representative Henry A. Waxman of California, chairman of the committee. “Do you feel that your ideology pushed you to make decisions that you wish you had not made?”

Mr. Greenspan conceded: “Yes, I’ve found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I’ve been very distressed by that fact.”

On a day that brought more bad news about rising home foreclosures and slumping employment, Mr. Greenspan refused to accept blame for the crisis but acknowledged that his belief in deregulation had been shaken.

He noted that the immense and largely unregulated business of spreading financial risk widely, through the use of exotic financial instruments called derivatives, had gotten out of control and had added to the havoc of today’s crisis. As far back as 1994, Mr. Greenspan staunchly and successfully opposed tougher regulation on derivatives.

But on Thursday, he agreed that the multitrillion-dollar market for credit default swaps, instruments originally created to insure bond investors against the risk of default, needed to be restrained.

“This modern risk-management paradigm held sway for decades,” he said. “The whole intellectual edifice, however, collapsed in the summer of last year.”

Many Republican lawmakers on the oversight committee tried to blame the mortgage meltdown on the unchecked growth of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the giant government-sponsored mortgage-finance companies that were placed in a government conservatorship last month. Republicans have argued that Democratic lawmakers blocked measures to reform the companies.

But Mr. Greenspan, who was first appointed by President Ronald Reagan, placed far more blame on the Wall Street companies that bundled subprime mortgages into pools and sold them as mortgage-backed securities. Global demand for the securities was so high, he said, that Wall Street companies pressured lenders to lower their standards and produce more “paper.”

“The evidence strongly suggests that without the excess demand from securitizers, subprime mortgage originations (undeniably the original source of the crisis) would have been far smaller and defaults accordingly far lower,” he said.

schizophrenic delusion that "racism" anywhere in the world is the result
of a "CONSPIRACY" fueled death and destruction in the USA in the past
60 years and figures right up there with genocides based on libels

Forum List

Back