The GOP's "aversion" to responsibility

R

rdean

Why is it so hard to get Republicans, even just USMB Republicans to take responsibility for anything?

Iraq
the debt
The Bush Tax Cuts
The economic meltdown
The government shutdown
The votes for drugs bill
Cutting embassy security

How come they refuse to take responsibility for anything? They used reconciliation three times under Bush and now ask "for what?"

Can someone explain it?

Remember how they screamed "you are with us or with the terrorists" and now they say Democrats should have stopped us from going into Iraq.

Remember how the Bush Tax Cuts were going to be so good for the country and the extension even better? Now they blame Obama.

They quietly raised embassy security by two billion. Why? If it wasn't needed before Benghazi?

Remember when they said deregulation would create jobs? Instead we got a meltdown.

So which of these will the take responsibility for? None?

What did they use reconciliation on? Three times?

Forever blaming Democrats. But where do they take responsibility?

You left off Immigration Reform. That is their greatest fear. That reforming a broken system will give more votes to the Democrats...they will kick that can down the road for a LOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG TTTIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE.....

Because most of what you said is a lie, Mr. winner of "The Dumbass Award!"

Well no it isn't.

Just look at the Sequester. It's something they let happen and they are taking credit for the deficit going down.

But not the Sequester.

What's up with that?

You have to admit that having the party (Repubs) of "irresponsibility" taking responsibility for their actions is a bit of a stretch. I am starting to believe that there is something permanently wrong with the thinking processes of those that call themselves "Republicans". Seriously.

well, if it's good enough for Obama, why not everyone in the country

I'm just surprised this isn't Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh fault...

lol, oh boy

well, if it's good enough for Obama, why not everyone in the country

I'm just surprised this isn't Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh fault...

lol, oh boy

Some of it is Bush's fault

Why is it so hard to get Republicans, even just USMB Republicans to take responsibility for anything?

Iraq
the debt
The Bush Tax Cuts
The economic meltdown
The government shutdown
The votes for drugs bill
Cutting embassy security

How come they refuse to take responsibility for anything? They used reconciliation three times under Bush and now ask "for what?"

Can someone explain it?

Remember how they screamed "you are with us or with the terrorists" and now they say Democrats should have stopped us from going into Iraq.

Remember how the Bush Tax Cuts were going to be so good for the country and the extension even better? Now they blame Obama.

They quietly raised embassy security by two billion. Why? If it wasn't needed before Benghazi?

Remember when they said deregulation would create jobs? Instead we got a meltdown.

Iraq -- Both agreed to and voted for it. Your lie is exposed.
the debt -- both agreed and voted for it, each in turn. Your lie is exposed.
The Bush Tax Cuts -- This was a responsible thing to do. You are simply wrong.
The economic meltdown -- Caused by a Democratic majority in Congress. Your lie is exposed.
The government shutdown -- Caused and created by the democrats in the Senate and the Liar in the White House. Your lie is exposed.
The votes for drugs bill -- This one is from left field. Not surprising for you.
Cutting embassy security -- Responsibility of the SecState. Last time I looked, a Democrat. Your lie is exposed.

Good luck with your therapy.

why is it so hard to get republicans, even just usmb republicans to take responsibility for anything?

Iraq
the debt
the bush tax cuts
the economic meltdown
the government shutdown
the votes for drugs bill
cutting embassy security

how come they refuse to take responsibility for anything? They used reconciliation three times under bush and now ask "for what?"

can someone explain it?

Remember how they screamed "you are with us or with the terrorists" and now they say democrats should have stopped us from going into iraq.

Remember how the bush tax cuts were going to be so good for the country and the extension even better? Now they blame obama.

They quietly raised embassy security by two billion. Why? If it wasn't needed before benghazi?

Forever blaming democrats. But where do they take responsibility?

gong!

Iraq
the debt
The Bush Tax Cuts
The economic meltdown
The government shutdown
The votes for drugs bill
Cutting embassy security

Can someone explain it?

Might as well ask "why does a bear shit in the woods?"

Iraq -- Both agreed to and voted for it. Your lie is exposed.

95% of the Nay votes were democrats, granted there were ones that voted yes, it was overwhelmingly a GOP vote.

The economic meltdown -- Caused by a Democratic majority in Congress. Your lie is exposed.

No it wasn't, the economy peaked in 2007, the same year democrats came to power, you can't stop a reccession at the peak of the crisis. Plus Bush was still president.

Iraq
the debt
The Bush Tax Cuts
The economic meltdown
The government shutdown
The votes for drugs bill
Cutting embassy security

Can someone explain it?

Iraq
Whoever said Bush and the Republicans weren't responsible for Iraq? Bush overthrew the dictor Saddam, much to your disgust. I give him all the credit in the world for that. Personally I don't agree with the way he conducted that war, but I still give him the credit/responsibility of it.

the debt
The trillions in debt is due to both parties. Yes, Bush ran it up...so much he turned off conservatives and thats why Repubs lost the house in 2006. But since Dems have been in power since 2006, they've only made it worse. So I'm not sure what your point here is...if it's a bad thing then why do you want the current Congress to borrow another trillion to pay for ObamaCare? The only party showing any interest in reducing debt are Republicans....the Tea Party element at that.

The Bush Tax Cuts
I have no problem giving Bush credit/responsiblity for his "tax cuts". Obama and the fully controlled Dem Congress extended those same "tax cuts", although at that point they were simply the permenant tax rate for nearly 10 years. So if you have a problem with the current tax rates (e.g."Bush Tax Cuts"), then take it up with Obama and Reid.

The economic meltdown
The Housing bubble is what caused the economic meltdown. Banks giving out loans to people for houses prices way over what they should of been worth. Also, giving out loans to people with bad credit, but that was largely because liberal enacted policies forced such banks to give loans to poor people...mainly blacks. Then of course there is Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, (D)-bag controlled agencies that refused to acknowledge the oncoming crisis, and just continued to force banks to give loans to "low income" families.

The government shutdown
Oh my, the Republicans are telling the spoild children they aren't going to raise the debt limit without some cuts to pay for all this crap. How dare they!

The votes for drugs bill :cuckoo:

Cutting embassy security When was the last time Repubs had power to cut anything? 2006. Embassy security is all on Obama and the Dems. Not to mention their lies and cover up of the attack.

Iraq
Whoever said Bush and the Republicans weren't responsible for Iraq? Bush overthrew the dictor Saddam, much to your disgust. I give him all the credit in the world for that. Personally I don't agree with the way he conducted that war, but I still give him the credit/responsibility of it.

the debt
The trillions in debt is due to both parties. Yes, Bush ran it up...so much he turned off conservatives and thats why Repubs lost the house in 2006. But since Dems have been in power since 2006, they've only made it worse. So I'm not sure what your point here is...if it's a bad thing then why do you want the current Congress to borrow another trillion to pay for ObamaCare? The only party showing any interest in reducing debt are Republicans....the Tea Party element at that.

The "dictator" Saddam was a bad person, but a 10 year war that eventually killed more people then he did and cost the US tremendously is hardly something to celebrate over.

The debt, under democrat government, has been shrinking even before the sequester went into place. Excluding the enormous spending binge the financial crisis caused...The democrats have done just about as good as you possibly could have with the deficit. Let's look at the facts...under Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr the debt went up...every single year. Under Clinton and Obama, the Deficit went down every single year (except Obama's first year, which he didn't have control over)

Last edited:
Iraq

the debt

The "dictator" Saddam was a bad person, but a 10 year war that eventually killed more people then he did and cost the US tremendously is hardly something to celebrate over.

The debt, under democrat government, has been shrinking even before the sequester went into place. Excluding the enormous spending binge the financial crisis caused...The democrats have done just about as good as you possibly could have with the debt. Let's look at the facts...under Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr the debt went up...every single year. Under Clinton and Obama, the Debt went down every single year (except Obama's first year, which he didn't have control over)

1) The US did not kill more 'people' than Saddam
2) The war should have been allowed to be finished properly the first time
3) The DEBT HAS NOT BEEN SHRINKING AT ALL
4) You are an idiot

1) The US did not kill more 'people' than Saddam
2) The war should have been allowed to be finished properly the first time
3) The DEBT HAS NOT BEEN SHRINKING AT ALL
4) You are an idiot

Mixed up the word Deficit. The point is the same.

No, the US didn't kill more people then Saddam, but the war did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back