The GOP's "aversion" to responsibility

The republicans while elected by the people are the party of money and corporations. The subterfuge that this is about the debt is the biggest con since Bernie. Actually it puts old Bernie to shame. Two wars and tax breaks for the wealthy have created the mess Americans finds themselves in today. The loss of regulation from Reagan through Clinton helped create the mess, add in gerrymandering and a congress of simpletons. But that does not matter as money comes from the people who gain most from the freedoms of the American system. They care not for the nation as outsourcing and taxes hidden overseas demonstrate. Why this is so hard for some to understand is simply beyond comprehension. I leave a few links below only as I realize too fully, politics in America is not rational. Stupidity rules the minds of too many. See link at bottom for our history.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." William E. Connolly See The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

"The current government shutdown threatens to stall the already slow economic recovery from the Great Recession. But more is at stake here. Political philosophers from Aristotle to Locke have defined the nation-state as the highest form of political community. Locke, whose views are embedded in America’s Declaration of Independence, saw government as a result of a communal compact—a social contract—among peoples. What is happening in America is that this social contract is being voided, largely through the initiative of rightwing Republicans from the deep South and rural Midwest. America is not likely to become Afghanistan, but it could easily become Italy or Greece or even Weimar Germany." Shutdown Standoff: One of the Worst Crises in American History. | New Republic

"The boy looks alarmed."A Canadian destroyed the world, Papa?"" http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/opinion/sunday/dowd-welcome-to-ted-cruzs-thunderdome.html

"Sarah Palin finally got her death panels — a direct blow from the Republican House. In shutting down the government, leaving 800,000 people without a paycheck and draining the economy of $300 million a day, the Party of Madness also took away last-chance cancer trials for children at the National Institutes of Health." http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/wrong-side-of-history/

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...much-is-a-fair-share-taxes-4.html#post7319946
http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...74-manufacturing-uncertainty.html#post7926257
http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/220510-the-greatest-job-creator-of-all-time.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...naires-are-obligated-to-give.html#post7173896

What to read.

'The American Way of Poverty: How the Other Half Still Lives' Sasha Abramsky
'The Betrayal of the American Dream Hardcover' Donald L. Barlett, James B. Steele
'To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christian Free Enterprise' Bethany Moreton
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
'Agnotology: The Making and Unmaking of Ignorance' by Robert Proctor, Londa Schiebinger
'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway
'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman
'The Reactionary Mind: Conservatism from Edmund Burke to Sarah Palin' Corey Robin

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan: Kim Phillips-Fein: 9780393059304: Amazon.com: Books

BOTH political parties are responsible for the bankrupt welfare/warfare state.BOTH.

While I agree that the republicans do not have clean hands their effort to DEfund yet another boondoggle must be applauded and supported.

The "dictator" Saddam was a bad person, but a 10 year war that eventually killed more people then he did and cost the US tremendously is hardly something to celebrate over.

The debt, under democrat government, has been shrinking even before the sequester went into place. Excluding the enormous spending binge the financial crisis caused...The democrats have done just about as good as you possibly could have with the debt. Let's look at the facts...under Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr the debt went up...every single year. Under Clinton and Obama, the Debt went down every single year (except Obama's first year, which he didn't have control over)

Oh gee, looks like we have yet another lying progressive hack.

U.S._National_Debt_-_Dollars_and_Relative_to_GDP.png

National debt of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The debt has NEVER gone down in the last decade. We're talking ACTUAL dollars in debt, not some bullshit percentage change or ratio crap.

I was at work while typing that. Even though I already said it like 3 times now, I meant deficit not debt (that should be obvious) but to make you feel better I went back and edited the post.

Geez you guys sure do grab an opportunity huh??

So are you saying that because the government over spent by only 900 billion this last year instead of the 1 trillion like the year before, that is a good thing?

I don't think that would work for an individual trying to get their repossessed car or foreclosed house back.

Individual: "I only spent $900 dollars that I don't have last month, the month before I spent $1000."

Bankruptcy Judge: "Well, I see your making progress, I'll let you have one more month."

Yeah, that'll happen. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA MORON!!!!

So are you saying that because the government over spent by only 900 billion this last year instead of the 1 trillion like the year before, that is a good thing?

I don't think that would work for an individual trying to get their repossessed car or foreclosed house back.

Individual: "I only spent $900 dollars that I don't have last month, the month before I spent $1000."

Bankruptcy Judge: "Well, I see your making progress, I'll let you have one more month."

Yeah, that'll happen. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA MORON!!!!

Actually shrinking the deficit too quickly can be damaging also, which is what's really happening right now, although no one is talking about it.

The idea of shrinking it "even faster" is pretty much borderline insane...but right wing nutheads don't really deal with reality, they just say "WE HAVE DEBT!! BAD! SHOULD HAVE ZERO DEBT!"

Actually shrinking the deficit too quickly can be damaging also, which is what's really happening right now, although no one is talking about it.

The idea of shrinking it "even faster" is pretty much borderline insane...but right wing nutheads don't really deal with reality, they just say "WE HAVE DEBT!! BAD! SHOULD HAVE ZERO DEBT!"
Really??? So what the Republican led congress and Clinton did was a bad thing? Obama, Pelosi, Reid even raised the tax revenues higher than in 1994 and still can't balance a budget. THE PROBLEM IS SPENDING, NOT TAXES MORON.

Why is it so hard to get Republicans, even just USMB Republicans to take responsibility for anything?

Iraq
the debt
The Bush Tax Cuts
The economic meltdown
The government shutdown
The votes for drugs bill
Cutting embassy security

How come they refuse to take responsibility for anything? They used reconciliation three times under Bush and now ask "for what?"

Can someone explain it?

Remember how they screamed "you are with us or with the terrorists" and now they say Democrats should have stopped us from going into Iraq.

Remember how the Bush Tax Cuts were going to be so good for the country and the extension even better? Now they blame Obama.

They quietly raised embassy security by two billion. Why? If it wasn't needed before Benghazi?

Remember when they said deregulation would create jobs? Instead we got a meltdown.

So which of these will the take responsibility for? None?

What did they use reconciliation on? Three times?

Forever blaming Democrats. But where do they take responsibility?

Iraq
Whoever said Bush and the Republicans weren't responsible for Iraq? Bush overthrew the dictor Saddam, much to your disgust. I give him all the credit in the world for that. Personally I don't agree with the way he conducted that war, but I still give him the credit/responsibility of it.

the debt
The trillions in debt is due to both parties. Yes, Bush ran it up...so much he turned off conservatives and thats why Repubs lost the house in 2006. But since Dems have been in power since 2006, they've only made it worse. So I'm not sure what your point here is...if it's a bad thing then why do you want the current Congress to borrow another trillion to pay for ObamaCare? The only party showing any interest in reducing debt are Republicans....the Tea Party element at that.

The Bush Tax Cuts
I have no problem giving Bush credit/responsiblity for his "tax cuts". Obama and the fully controlled Dem Congress extended those same "tax cuts", although at that point they were simply the permenant tax rate for nearly 10 years. So if you have a problem with the current tax rates (e.g."Bush Tax Cuts"), then take it up with Obama and Reid.

The economic meltdown
The Housing bubble is what caused the economic meltdown. Banks giving out loans to people for houses prices way over what they should of been worth. Also, giving out loans to people with bad credit, but that was largely because liberal enacted policies forced such banks to give loans to poor people...mainly blacks. Then of course there is Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, (D)-bag controlled agencies that refused to acknowledge the oncoming crisis, and just continued to force banks to give loans to "low income" families.

The government shutdown
Oh my, the Republicans are telling the spoild children they aren't going to raise the debt limit without some cuts to pay for all this crap. How dare they!

The votes for drugs bill :cuckoo:

Cutting embassy security When was the last time Repubs had power to cut anything? 2006. Embassy security is all on Obama and the Dems. Not to mention their lies and cover up of the attack.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Will you admit that Republicans blackmailed the country into extending the Bush Tax Cuts?

Really??? So what the Republican led congress and Clinton did was a bad thing? Obama, Pelosi, Reid even raised the tax revenues higher than in 1994 and still can't balance a budget. THE PROBLEM IS SPENDING, NOT TAXES MORON.

The deficit is currently shrinking MUCH faster now then it did in the 90's.

Let's summarize:

The country followed the Bush Doctrine of Attack other countries before the threat materializes and we ended up with two unfunded wars.

The country followed the Republican policy of tax cuts and it didn't create jobs and created trillions in deficit.

Wall Street was deregulated (which Republicans have been running on for two decades) and it led to an economic meltdown.

So even though these are all Republican policies for decades, and somehow they "happened", it's still not the fault of the Republicans.

Okay...apparently I'm causing someone to foam at the mouth, lol.

1. yes, just like I said, you eliminate the taxes

2. So you want to be in a world filled with stupid people...I don't

3. Cutting the military in half IS feasible...we could cut it down to nothing but Air Force, Coast Guard, and National Guard! All you need is Nuclear deterrent and domestic security. Does that mean that's what we "should" do? Of course not! China spends 2% of their GDP on military, UK spends 2.5%, France spends 2.3%....we spend 4.5%....there you go...numbers showing we could cut in Half! MWHAHAHAHA! :D

I really suggest you chill out, lol:lol:

Man, I am so glad you will never be SECDEF or POTUS. As Jack Nicholas said, "You have no idea what it takes to defend a nation."

To be clear, Colonel....Jack Nicholas played golf. Jack Nicholson played a Marine....:lol:

I do, however understand the sentiment. You were probably thinking of Barry Obama playing golf while America waits on leadership..

Then I should be Messiah's caddy,
Cuz he say he look like my Daddy

Six weeks after the start of the Iraq War, George Bush flew on to an aircraft carrier and declared that major combat operations were over in Iraq. Mission Accomplished.

What followed was one of the most mismanaged wars in world history. This was mirrored by a mismanagement of the economy so extreme that the United States of American lost the Housing and Financial sectors.

Bush's foreign and domestic policy failures were not just bad, they did lasting damage to the country. Had a democratic president did what Bush did - especially regarding war intelligence - that president would be impeached without question.

He leaned on the intelligence agencies to start a war we couldn't afford against a petty dictator who didn't attack us. Then he radically expanded credit to fuel a dead economy . . . until a nuclear bomb was dropped over our economy.

Listen to his words carefully. Listen to his plan for housing. They used loans to the poor to create Wall Street gold. It was the biggest scam in history. This country got rolled. The money is gone.
Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube

The money is not gone. It doesn't just go POOF! It's in the pockets of the 1%, and Obama is their lawn jockey. A real American would confiscate all the private assets of those who benefited from the scam. That pays both the deficit and the debt. Don't be a sucker about the property rights of Wall Street gangsters.

This thread cracks me up

Obama and his sheep blamed Booooooooooooooooooooosh the first FIVE YEARS of his rule

and now accuse others of having an "AVERSION" to responsibility

oh my side hurt's from laugher

This thread cracks me up

Obama and his sheep blamed Booooooooooooooooooooosh the first FIVE YEARS of his rule

and now accuse others of having an "AVERSION" to responsibility

oh my side hurt's from laugher
No, that's because your "friend" is back and you're feeling a little bloated.

Forum List

Back