The GOP's "aversion" to responsibility

The Iraq military actions (there was no war) was neither illegal nor immoral...
Yes it was. We attacked in violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter. That made it illegal.

As far as the morality issue, why don't you get up, go outside, walk up to the first person you see and punch them right in the fucking mouth! Then come back and tell us how it went. Would you call that a moral act? Hitting someone who didn't hit you first.

Defending yourself is one thing, an act of aggression, is quite different.

Deregulation did not cause the meltdown.. this idiotic assertion has been shown time and time again.. considering there has been no disappearing of regulation.. and in fact we have been having regulations steadily grow each and every administration for a long while
"...no disappearing regulation..."?

What do you call Glass-Steegall? Where is that now?

And why is it, after the '29 stock market crash, derrivitives were made illegal under Glass-Steegall and for over a half century, we had no market meltdown? Then, just a few years after its repeal, bam!, the market collapses.

Iraq -- Both agreed to and voted for it. Your lie is exposed.

95% of the Nay votes were democrats, granted there were ones that voted yes, it was overwhelmingly a GOP vote.

The economic meltdown -- Caused by a Democratic majority in Congress. Your lie is exposed.

No it wasn't, the economy peaked in 2007, the same year democrats came to power, you can't stop a reccession at the peak of the crisis. Plus Bush was still president.

That is a lie.

82 (40%) of 209 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.

58% of Democratic senators (29 of 50) voted for the resolution.

Source

The Iraq military actions (there was no war) was neither illegal nor immoral...
Yes it was. We attacked in violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter. That made it illegal.

As far as the morality issue, why don't you get up, go outside, walk up to the first person you see and punch them right in the fucking mouth! Then come back and tell us how it went. Would you call that a moral act? Hitting someone who didn't hit you first.

Defending yourself is one thing, an act of aggression, is quite different.

Deregulation did not cause the meltdown.. this idiotic assertion has been shown time and time again.. considering there has been no disappearing of regulation.. and in fact we have been having regulations steadily grow each and every administration for a long while
"...no disappearing regulation..."?

What do you call Glass-Steegall? Where is that now?

And why is it, after the '29 stock market crash, derrivitives were made illegal under Glass-Steegall and for over a half century, we had no market meltdown? Then, just a few years after its repeal, bam!, the market collapses.

1) The UN is not a world government and does not get held over US sovereignty.. sorry
2) We have MORE regulations than ever before.. period
3) Coincidence in timing does not inherently equate to correlation... there are many more aspects than any changes to GS

95% of the Nay votes were democrats, granted there were ones that voted yes, it was overwhelmingly a GOP vote.

The economic meltdown -- Caused by a Democratic majority in Congress. Your lie is exposed.

No it wasn't, the economy peaked in 2007, the same year democrats came to power, you can't stop a reccession at the peak of the crisis. Plus Bush was still president.

That is a lie.

Source

This newbie troll is full of assumptions, unsubstantiated bullshit, and flat out lies

That is a lie.

Source

/FACEPALM...

Geezus...how do I get this across???

File:H.J.Res. 114 Iraq Resolution Votes October 2002.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the fourth pie chart...."Senate Nay" "House Nay"

How much is Blue? (that's democrats)

How much is Red? (That's republicans)

Is this simple enough to understand? Am I getting through here??

A simple question for you, I dare you to answer it honestly.

If the Deficit/debt is shrinking, why must we request the debt ceiling be raised?

Because there is still a deficit.

But if it's "shrinking", why would the ceiling need to be raised?

Just admit you're a liar and be done with it.

Holy crap..seriously???

If you add 500 to -1000 do you have a positive number?

If you take 500 billion away from a deficit of 1 trillion do you suddenly have a surplus??

Really? I feel like I'm talking to children (honest!)

That is a lie.

Source

/FACEPALM...

Geezus...how do I get this across???

File:H.J.Res. 114 Iraq Resolution Votes October 2002.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the fourth pie chart...."Senate Nay" "House Nay"

How much is Blue? (that's democrats)

How much is Red? (That's republicans)

Is this simple enough to understand? Am I getting through here??

Those stats are wrong.

So much for Wikipedia.

Obama and congress have had record tax revenues and can't cut the deficit.

Tax revenues increased in all but five states in fiscal year 2012, with some recording noticeable gains. In all, states collected $794.6 billion, a record-high that represents a 13 percent increase from 2010 totals, not adjusting for inflation.
State Tax Revenues: Charts and Data

Holy crap..seriously???

If you take 500 billion away from a deficit of 1 trillion do you suddenly have a surplus??

Answer the question.

Why raise the debt ceiling if our debt is shrinking?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/art2/Debt-Clock-2013-2.jpg

Sure looks like our debt is going down! :cuckoo:

Holy crap..seriously???

Children often feel that way. By the way, you need to go back to 3rd grade, your teacher has determined that you did indeed fail simple math!!!

Add 500 (new taxes) to-1000 (new spending) is why there is a deficit that continues to grow the debt, MORON!!!!

Holy crap..seriously???

Answer the question.

Why raise the debt ceiling if our debt is shrinking?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/art2/Debt-Clock-2013-2.jpg

Sure looks like our debt is going down! :cuckoo:

Deficit = Shrinking
Debt = Growing

Nice desperate shake up of words there, but it doesn't fool anyone.

Why is it so hard to get Republicans, even just USMB Republicans to take responsibility for anything?

Wow, what's that smell? OMG, it's horrible. Damn that's terrible. What is it? Oh, God, it's hypocrisy! And wow, it reeks. Dude, can you go outside before you fire one of those off?

Here's a test. Name one thing Obama has ever taken responsibility for.

Holy crap..seriously???

Children often feel that way. By the way, you need to go back to 3rd grade, your teacher has determined that you did indeed fail simple math!!!

Add 500 (new taxes) to-1000 (new spending) is why there is a deficit that continues to grow the debt, MORON!!!!

lol...-1000 new spending. I'd love to see this...show me the figures. haha.

good grief these right wingers have to resort to petty personal insults often...

Last edited:
Obama and congress have had record tax revenues and can't cut the deficit.

Tax revenues increased in all but five states in fiscal year 2012, with some recording noticeable gains. In all, states collected $794.6 billion, a record-high that represents a 13 percent increase from 2010 totals, not adjusting for inflation.
State Tax Revenues: Charts and Data

OMG! Taxes have gone up...and...the deficit went down! SHOCKING! :)

Deficit = Shrinking
Debt = Growing

That when our government is "shut down" and tax revenues are coming in normally, that the debt is still growing shows how ridiculously out of control spending is.

Forum List

Back