🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Gravest Threat to World Peace

georgephillip, Hossfly, et al,

I'm kind-a-intrigued by the alternative perspective.

Leave it to Georgie Boy to post something from a Leftist newspapers whose writers so many times appear to wish the destruction of Israel. I much rather believe the Reverend who fought apartheid in South Africa than anything Haaretz has to say. He saw what real apartheid is, not those writing for Haaretz. Meanwhile, Georgie Boy, doesn't want to believe the Arab journalists who say that the Arabs have it better in Israel than the other Arab countries. It is almost against Georgie Boy's religion to hear anyone say anything good about israel even if it is said by Arabs themselves. Since you brought up Mandela, did you notice what the Reverend said he would say to Desmond Tutu if Tutu were in front of him? Get back to us, Georgie Boy, about apartheid when you can tell us how wonderful the Arab world is to the people living in their countries.
Can you link to a single Haaretz writer calling for Israel's destruction?

There exists a rigid apartheid legal system in Greater Israel.
Israeli Arab gets arrested for throwing rocks and is tried in civil courts for assault.
Palestinian Arab gets arrested for the same offense and is tried by military courts for terrorism.
(COMMENT)

OK, I'm opening my mind. Granted I don't agree with the Administration of the Occupied Territories, and have often thought that there are alternative ways of doing the same thing. But I have to ask, other than sensationalize and propaganda effects, why some consistently invoke the "apartheid" label on nearly all things security and police related.

I mean, I know how to begin the process of fixing the Administration of the Occupied Territories (not that Israel would do it); but, I see I don't quite understand this labeling.

How are you applying the concepts of "Apartheid" to the "OTs?"

Most Respectfully,
R
Here's where I'm starting, Rocco:

"The comparison between Israel's treatment of the Palestinians to South Africa's treatment of non-whites during its apartheid era is controversial.[1]

"The analogy has been used by United Nations investigators, human rights groups and critics of Israeli policy, some of which have also accused Israel of committing the crime of apartheid.

" Critics of Israeli policy say that 'a system of control' in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, including Jewish-only settlements, separate roads for Israeli and Palestinian citizens, military checkpoints, discriminatory marriage law, the West Bank barrier, use of Palestinians as cheap labour, Palestinian West Bank enclaves, inequities in infrastructure, legal rights, and access to land and resources between Palestinians and Israeli residents in the Israeli-occupied territories resembles some aspects of the South African apartheid regime, and that elements of Israel's occupation constitute forms of colonialism and of apartheid, which are contrary to international law."

Israel and the apartheid analogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know anyone can edit Wiki; however, many Jews much smarter than I am have also figured that one out. Your patience and tact have opened my eyes too. It's clear that there are "believers" on both sides that will never tolerate the "other" on "their" land.

If you have a clue about where a solution starts, I'm all ears.

The solution is for Israel to comply with international law, respect human rights, end the occupation, end the Gaza siege, dismantle the over 500 checkpoints and roadblocks in the West Bank, vacate the illegal settlements and stop violating Palestinian air space.

That's the solution!

Can you link to a single Haaretz writer calling for Israel's destruction?

There exists a rigid apartheid legal system in Greater Israel.
Israeli Arab gets arrested for throwing rocks and is tried in civil courts for assault.
Palestinian Arab gets arrested for the same offense and is tried by military courts for terrorism.
You can read between the lines of what these Leftist writers at Haaretz are saying? It appears that they wouldn't have any problem if their fellow Israelis laid down and let the Arabs roll right over them to take over the country. By the way, I thought the subject was about apartheid in Israel so how come you are now throwing in Palestinians outside of Israel and in the territories. I wonder what the LAPD and the courts would do with Georgie Boy if he took it in his head to start throwing rocks at some innocent Jews coming out of a synagogue on Wilshire Blvd., What do you think your sentence would be, Georgie, for this hate crime? As an aside, I would love to see Georgie Boy reside in some Muslim country for a length of time so that he could actually experience what apartheid is really like when it comes to non Muslims.
Another aside: No one is denying the intolerance of some Muslims, especially rich, elite Muslims whose rule often depends on USAID. The fact that you can point to much worse human rights violations committed by Muslims in Sudan, for example, doesn't mitigate Jewish crimes in the Occupied Territories, where, by the way, all Arabs live under Jewish (military) laws. If I were convicted of a Hate Crime in LA, by contrast, I would appear in civilian courts and be entitled to all due process. Finally, those lefties at Haaretz might prefer living in a democratic state instead of a Jewish state, yet I'm pretty sure they would not endorse laying down before Hamas to accomplish that task; why would you think they would?
You can say all you want to, Georgie Boy, about the Lefties wanting democracy. I, on the other hand, believe that they would have no problem rolling over for the Arabs to rule over them. It appears that some folks wouldn't mind being Dhimmis. Meanwhile, if you threw rocks at the people leaving a synagogue on Wilshire Blvd., I doubt if your punishment would just be a slap on the wrist. However, I don't suggest you try this. Just sit quietly in front of your computer running around to different forums. As far as you having a big problem with Israel being called a Jewish state, I wonder if you also have a problem with the Muslims having so many countries called a Muslim state. If you do, I hope you are complaining about this on one of the other forums you are on.

The solution is for Israel to comply with international law, respect human rights, end the occupation, end the Gaza siege, dismantle the over 500 checkpoints and roadblocks in the West Bank, vacate the illegal settlements and stop violating Palestinian air space.

That's the solution!
What happens to the half-a-million "Jews" currently living on the West Bank?
(My neighborhood's full of Salvadoreans)

That's the solution!
No problem, Georgie Boy. The El Salvadorans can stay in your neighborhood so that you can still go to their grocery stores. America is a big place, and I am sure there is room for everyone here if push comes to shove. Of course, we can always stop immigration from Muslim countries and let more Hispanics in since there are already churches for them to attend and many of their relatives are here already. How about some Guatemalans moving into your neighborhood to keep the El Salvadorans company. Then again you might prefer some Mexicans because they make the best burritos. However, there is one big problem with all of this. The Muslims still do not want to see the Jews governing even a tiny bit of real estate in the Middle East, and so there is an impasse to any peace process. Maybe you can pop over there and convince them to think otherwise. While there, you can mention that they really should put Israel on their maps because Israel does exist.

georgephillip, et al,

Let me say, at the outset, that I have no reasonable expectation that Israel would adopt such a solution.

(COMMENT)

The Israelis need to establish a set of Palestinian Organizations; some might already exist, and just need to be formalized with greater powers and influence. Others may need to be star-up organizations. These organizations will need to be fully funded and equipped with all the tools. These organization will need the greatest latitude in its authority. Everyone (Palestinian, Israeli, transients) will fall under the same administration and legal system.

Palestinian Constabulary Units:
  • Palestinian Territorial Police (Limited Oversight and with a Palestinian /Israeli Liaison Officer)
    • Urban Police
    • Highway Patrol
    • Border Operations
    • Police Academy & Training
  • Palestinian Investigations Unit
    • General Investigations
    • Major Crimes
    • Special Activities
  • Corrections Facilities Management
The Occupation Commander needs to let these units take the lead on all Police Matters in the Occupied Territories.​

Palestinian Court System:
  • Legislative Law Development & Review
  • Mayors Court for non-Felonies
  • Palestinian Court of Claims
  • Civil Court for general tort and contract law, property disputes.
  • Territorial Court for Major Crimes.
  • Court of Review and Appeals They will codify Territorial Law.

Palestinian Parliament: A territorial representative body having general legislative powers within the territory. Able to vote on and enact laws and collect taxes.
  • Transitional (Intrim basis)
  • Permanent (Periodically elected by popular vote.)

Territorial Administration Agency:
  • Emergency Services
  • Financial Services
  • Infrastructure Maintenance
  • Civil Service
  • Contract Management
  • Planning Agency

Each of these agencies will initially be partnered by a Occupation Subject Matter Expert OSME) to provide advise and assistance until such time as the agencies are capable of independent operation. There after, there will be a Occupation Liaison Officer to expedite entanglements and other requests.

UN Observer Team. The UN Observer Team will monitor hostile anti-government activity. At the cessation of Hostilities between the belligerents (Palestinian Cause versus Israeli Occupation), the UN Team will start the one-year clock, the Israelis will begin demilitarization of the Occupation Territory, the Palestinian Chief Judge and Parliament will begin the process of coordinating with key leders for the erection of a Central Government. The UN Team will reset the clock if the outbreak of hostilities is caused by the Palestinian; restarting the one-year clock on the resumption of peace. It will not reset the clock is if the peace is broken by the Israeli.

A coordinated effort between the Israeli Government, the Palestinian Parliament, and the City of Jerusalem with plan and implement a process by which the city will become and independent City-State.

This is my thumbnail sketch of the initial process.

Most Respectfully,
R

Mr R----Israel would not have a snow-balls chance in hell----in trying to lead
the arabs to your plan ------"ISRAEL SHOULD ESTABLISH........" You're
joking---right?

Rocco there no chance of that ever happening. We're talking about a people who don't even recognize Israel as a country or a Jewish Nation.

They can apply for visa's to the Palestinian Authority, just like anyone else in a foreign country.

As long as the Israeli government doesn't play a role, it's perfectly legal.

The Israelis need to establish a set of Palestinian Organizations;
The Israeli's have no jurisdiction with any Palestinian Organization. What they need to do, is stop interfering and let the Pals determine for themselves how they want to govern.

Citizens of every country have the right to self-determination and the Pals are no different.

The Israeli's have no jurisdiction with any Palestinian Organization. What they need to do, is stop interfering and let the Pals determine for themselves how they want to govern.

Citizens of every country have the right to self-determination and the Pals are no different.
Letting the Palis to have self determination would be letting them determine what kind of weapons they could smuggle into Gaza.

Why would Palestinian aggression result in the UN re-starting the one-year clock while Israeli (settler) attacks would not? How would you feel about the UN instigating a no-fly zone over Gaza and the West Bank?

Letting the Palis to have self determination would be letting them determine what kind of weapons they could smuggle into Gaza.

You have a brain the size of a housefly, if the Pals had self-determination, they wouldn't need to "smuggle" anything, they could just buy their weapons on the open market, just like Israel does.

You are one stupid fuck ima.

Palestinians should never have weapons. They don't know what to do with them except launch missiles indiscriminately at Israel while yelling DEATH TO ISRAEL.

The gravest threat to the world today is GRAVY I was so delighted
when I learned how to SUCESSFULY --deglaze ---and make roux---
and use cream to THICKEN gravy completely free of lump and
curdle and toss in WINE and ------even cheese and BUTTER
to make the stuff SHINE My mother never taught me----she
was quick in the tiny kithchen and ----impatient. JULIA CHILD
TAUGHT ME!!!!!!! I did learn how to thicken gravy and soup with
an egg from my mom----THE TEMPERING PROCESS---

then later on in life I learned about FATS AND CHOLESTEROL
gravy has been killing people for MILLENIA

You are one stupid fuck ima.

Palestinians should never have weapons. They don't know what to do with them except launch missiles indiscriminately at Israel while yelling DEATH TO ISRAEL.
This is another root of the problem, the notion that the Palestinian's do not have the right to defend themselves.

Forum List

Back