The Great Divide: Truth vs Lies

Interesting, since the left leaning, very left leaning, politifact rated Obama's lie number one does that mean you do not trust a word that is uttered by him? If so then you are one of the smart ones on the left.

"...the left leaning, very left leaning, politifact..."

I have to compliment you, willy.....very few are aware of that!

The site that gave a mostly true statement by Obama lie of the year is left leaning?

You're retarded.

While I never use the pejorative term that you used, I have found that it usually applies to those using it.

Now, then....let's continue with our daily pattern, where you help prove that I am never......never.....wrong.

"Now comes a study from the George Mason University Center for Media and Public Affairs that demonstrates empirically that PolitiFact.org, one of the nation's leading "fact checkers," finds that Republicans are dishonest in their claims three times as often as Democrats. "PolitiFact.com has rated Republican claims as false three times as often as Democratic claims during President Obama's second term," the Center said in a release, "despite controversies over Obama administration statements on Benghazi, the IRS and the AP."

The fact that, as the Lichter study shows, "A majority of Democratic statements (54 percent) were rated as mostly or entirely true, compared to only 18 percent of Republican statements," probably has more to do with how the statements were picked and the subjective bias of the fact checker involved than anything remotely empirical. Likewise, the fact that "a majority of Republican statements (52 percent) were rated as mostly or entirely false, compared to only 24 percent of Democratic statements" probably has more to do with spinning stories than it does with evaluating statements.

There is a "truth gap" in Washington, but it doesn't exist along the lines the fact checkers would have you think. It was Obama who said you could keep the health care you had if you liked it, even if Obamacare became law. It was Obama who said the Citizens United decision would open the floodgates of foreign money into U.S. campaigns. It was Obama who said Benghazi happened because of a YouTube video. It was Obama's IRS that denied conservative political groups had been singled out for special scrutiny. And it was Obama who promised that taxes would not go up for any American making less than $250,000 per year.

All of these statements and plenty more are demonstrably false..."
Who’s Checking the Fact Checkers?

Having served your purpose, you may now retreat back under your rock.

Nothing you posted proves bias, or even makes a good case for it.

Comically, your examples support Politifact as NON-BIASED:

1. Obama you can keep insurance - politifact ruled it pants on fire lie
2. Obama Citizens United - politifact ruled it mostly false

Where did Politifact give Obama a true rating where it should have been false?

And btw, where's your proof that the Peter King lie I posted from politifact was actually the truth. You seemed to have scrupulously dodged that challenge.

WHAT???

You don't have enough egg on your kisser???

OK.

"On a national level, most people now know PolitiFact is nothing but another Obama-shilling mainstream media joke -- an entity so in the tank for the White House it ruled as mostly true that "Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president:"
sing inflation-adjusted dollars, Obama had the second-lowest increase -- in fact, he actually presided over a decrease once inflation is taken into account.

Yes, you read that correctly. According to PolitiFact, when indexed for inflation, Obamareducedspending.

PolitiFact's motto appears to be:The bigger the lie the more people will believe it.Hm.Sounds familiar. But how else can you palace guard for a failed president?

But PolitiFact isn't just a national cancer on all of us. This reprehensible outfit also "fact-checks" in a number of individual states, including the crucial swing states of Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, New Hampshire, and Virginia."
VA Pushes Back Against PolitiFact, Shows Other States the Way - Breitbart

LOLOL, the objection from the propagandist at Breitbart is that FY2009 got assigned to Bush. Laughable. FY2009 started in October 2008.

The President's 'lie' was 97% true. Sarah Palin's death panel lie of the year was 100% false.

Can you refute politifact's assessment of Peter King a liar? If you can, proceed. If you can't, shut up.

Interesting, since the left leaning, very left leaning, politifact rated Obama's lie number one does that mean you do not trust a word that is uttered by him? If so then you are one of the smart ones on the left.

I don't trust anyone's word on anything that isn't backed up by evidence.

That's why I asked PC for evidence supporting King's claims. Evidence she couldn't provide, which means she expected people to take King's word for what he claimed. He's lied before, so why would anyone take his word for it.
This is the usual problem with PC's thread, lots of garbage claims unsupported by factual evidence.

"That's why I asked PC for evidence supporting King's claims. Evidence she couldn't provide, blah blah blah..."
Actually, I did provide it, NYLiar.

This:

"FBI director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing on Wednesday that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be allowed to come to the U.S."
FBI Director Admits US Can’t Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties

"This is the usual problem with PC's thread, lots of garbage claims unsupported by factual evidence."

You look like a fool now, huh?

He said they can't find information that doesn't exist. Duh.

You don't recognize that you just admitted that there is no "vetting"???

You should only open your mouth to change feet.

There's an elaborate screening process.

The site that gave a mostly true statement by Obama lie of the year is left leaning?

You're retarded.

While I never use the pejorative term that you used, I have found that it usually applies to those using it.

Now, then....let's continue with our daily pattern, where you help prove that I am never......never.....wrong.

"Now comes a study from the George Mason University Center for Media and Public Affairs that demonstrates empirically that PolitiFact.org, one of the nation's leading "fact checkers," finds that Republicans are dishonest in their claims three times as often as Democrats. "PolitiFact.com has rated Republican claims as false three times as often as Democratic claims during President Obama's second term," the Center said in a release, "despite controversies over Obama administration statements on Benghazi, the IRS and the AP."

The fact that, as the Lichter study shows, "A majority of Democratic statements (54 percent) were rated as mostly or entirely true, compared to only 18 percent of Republican statements," probably has more to do with how the statements were picked and the subjective bias of the fact checker involved than anything remotely empirical. Likewise, the fact that "a majority of Republican statements (52 percent) were rated as mostly or entirely false, compared to only 24 percent of Democratic statements" probably has more to do with spinning stories than it does with evaluating statements.

There is a "truth gap" in Washington, but it doesn't exist along the lines the fact checkers would have you think. It was Obama who said you could keep the health care you had if you liked it, even if Obamacare became law. It was Obama who said the Citizens United decision would open the floodgates of foreign money into U.S. campaigns. It was Obama who said Benghazi happened because of a YouTube video. It was Obama's IRS that denied conservative political groups had been singled out for special scrutiny. And it was Obama who promised that taxes would not go up for any American making less than $250,000 per year.

And btw, where's your proof that the Peter King lie I posted from politifact was actually the truth. You seemed to have scrupulously dodged that challenge.

WHAT???

OK.

"On a national level, most people now know PolitiFact is nothing but another Obama-shilling mainstream media joke -- an entity so in the tank for the White House it ruled as mostly true that "Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president:"
sing inflation-adjusted dollars, Obama had the second-lowest increase -- in fact, he actually presided over a decrease once inflation is taken into account.

Yes, you read that correctly. According to PolitiFact, when indexed for inflation, Obamareducedspending.

PolitiFact's motto appears to be:The bigger the lie the more people will believe it.Hm.Sounds familiar. But how else can you palace guard for a failed president?

But PolitiFact isn't just a national cancer on all of us. This reprehensible outfit also "fact-checks" in a number of individual states, including the crucial swing states of Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, New Hampshire, and Virginia."

If Politifact is a national cancer, why do you use it when it suits you?

You're retarded.

WHAT???

OK.

LOLOL, the objection from the propagandist at Breitbart is that FY2009 got assigned to Bush. Laughable. FY2009 started in October 2008.

More?

Sure.

PolitiFact.comis a project operated by theTampa Bay Times, in which reporters and editors from theTimesand affiliated media outlets "fact-check statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups".PolitiFact.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TheSt. PetersburgTampa Bay Times, which started PolitiFact in conjunction with theCongressional Quarterly, is a traditionally liberal paper. We note that PolitiFact's stories appear to damage Republicans far more often than Democrats despite the fact that PF tends to choose about as many stories dealing with Republicans as for Democrats. If the selection process was blind then either proportions should be approximately even or else the party with worse ratings should receive more ratings overall according towhat PolitiFact lists as its selection criteria. Plus ourindependent researchhelps confirm the hypothesis. PolitiFact Bias: About PolitiFact Bias/FAQ

Remember the last time you were correct?

Me neither.

You're retarded.

WHAT???

OK.

If Politifact is a national cancer, why do you use it when it suits you?

The old saying goes, 'the only time to play a crooked roulette wheel is when it is the only wheel in town.'

That's why I asked PC for evidence supporting King's claims. Evidence she couldn't provide, which means she expected people to take King's word for what he claimed. He's lied before, so why would anyone take his word for it.
This is the usual problem with PC's thread, lots of garbage claims unsupported by factual evidence.

"That's why I asked PC for evidence supporting King's claims. Evidence she couldn't provide, blah blah blah..."

This:

"FBI director James Comey said during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing on Wednesday that the federal government does not have the ability to conduct thorough background checks on all of the 10,000 Syrian refugees that the Obama administration says will be allowed to come to the U.S."

"This is the usual problem with PC's thread, lots of garbage claims unsupported by factual evidence."

Liar.

"A senior FBI counter-terrorism official, Michael Steinbach, testified before the House homeland security committee and admitted that the U.S. lacks the capability to properly screen out terrorists and terrorist sympathizers from the ranks of the U.N. refugee program."
Syrian refugee program called ‘back door for jihadists’

This guy:

"In July 2014, Director Comey appointed Michael B. Steinbach as the assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division. Most recently, Mr. Steinbach served as deputy assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division."
Steinbach

So...who to believe....Comey and Steinbach, or the NYLiar?

A toughie.

Approximately 3% of Americans were unable to keep their health insurance 'if they liked it'. That makes Obama's statement 97% true.
Politifact's normal policy is to rate a statement that is mostly true but not absolutely true as 'Mostly True'.

Even if you put it that way, it's still a lie. Unless, of course, you fall into Jonathan Gruber description of stupid people that need to be lied in order for law to pass.

Btw, penalty or tax, which is it?

Approximately 3% of Americans were unable to keep their health insurance 'if they liked it'. That makes Obama's statement 97% true.
Politifact's normal policy is to rate a statement that is mostly true but not absolutely true as 'Mostly True'.

Even if you put it that way, it's still a lie. Unless, of course, you fall into Jonathan Gruber description of stupid people that need to be lied in order for law to pass.

Btw, penalty or tax, which is it?

It's not a lie on Politifact's scale, because Politifact has mostly true and mostly false categories. Why is that so hard to understand?

This:

Liar.

"A senior FBI counter-terrorism official, Michael Steinbach, testified before the House homeland security committee and admitted that the U.S. lacks the capability to properly screen out terrorists and terrorist sympathizers from the ranks of the U.N. refugee program."

This guy:

"In July 2014, Director Comey appointed Michael B. Steinbach as the assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division. Most recently, Mr. Steinbach served as deputy assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division."
Steinbach

A toughie.

Then why do we let anyone into this country, from anywhere?

It's not a lie on Politifact's scale, because Politifact has mostly true and mostly false categories. Why is that so hard to understand?

The law gets passed based solely on a lie, or rather lies and your comment is that lie is not big enough for politifact scale.

Basically, if something fits leftist agenda, it cannot be even considered a lie.

(1) Nobody writing on this message board has ever been hurt by "terrorists." In fact, nobody on this message board has even SEEN a terrorist.
(2) Everyone on this message board has been affected by our government's overreaction to terrorism. They play on your fears and insecurities to strip away your freedoms.

The OP abets this effort.
That's all you got? Try to respond to my post, troll.

Which only exists in the loony imagination of fools.

There is a reason you are known as edtheliar;

{President Obama reiterated Tuesday that immigration reform legislation must include a path to citizenship for people in the country illegally, a warning to House Republicans who have not endorsed such a plan.}

Obama pushes for path to citizenship in immigration bill

In fairness, I think you're too stupid to grasp that you're lying. You spew shit from the leftist hate sites, but lack the intellect to actually grasp what it is you post.

Source?

WEBissObama0128_1k_345.gif.cms

I mean, are YOU lying, or are you repeating lies from far left Politifact?

This:

Liar.

This guy:

Steinbach

A toughie.

Then why do we let anyone into this country, from anywhere?

Gads, you're a moron.

Source?

WEBissObama0128_1k_345.gif.cms

I mean, are YOU lying, or are you repeating lies from far left Politifact?

Both.

If Politifact says 3% - they are deliberately lying.

{
Health Reform: The Congressional Budget Office now says ObamaCare will push 10 million off employer-based coverage, a tenfold increase from its initial projection. The "keep your plan" lie just gets bigger and bigger.

The latest CBO report is supposed to be a big win for the Obama administration because the projected costs are 20% below what the CBO first projected in 2010.
}

CBO Now Says 10 Mil Will Lose Employer Health Plans Under ObamaCare

This is why far left Politifact has zero credibility outside of the Soros hate sites.

I'm going with Bush the Decider. When he broke up the Iraqi State and then Bugged Out. Unforeseen consequences of his ill advised invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Ohhh, Bush bugged out of Iraq, did he?
:lol:

Lie much?

Actually, it's all you do. You haven't the tiniest hint of integrity.

Recall the shoe throwing event. What was that press conference all about? Was there some kind of document the decider was forced to sign or get the troops out by the end of 2008?

You're living the dream in the bubble aren't you?

FREEMASON9: "(1) Nobody writing on this message board has ever been hurt by "terrorists." In fact, nobody on this message board has even SEEN a terrorist."

The 'danger' in saying stupid Shi'ite like that is that you throw that out there without having any clue as to who people on this board are. Let me adamantly, definitively, and factually inform you now that YOU ARE WRONG!

Recall the shoe throwing event. What was that press conference all about? Was there some kind of document the decider was forced to sign or get the troops out by the end of 2008?

You're living the dream in the bubble aren't you?

Interesting, you Communists claim that Bush unilaterally invaded Iraq, until that lie is no longer convenient, then you make up new lies. So who FORCED Bush to sign what? Did Obamaites with black hoods hold a knife to his throat? This is interesting fiction, Blindfool...

Forum List

Back