The Gun Control Laws The United States Needs

In order to purchase a firearm, an individual must do the following:

01. Attend three month class on firearms

02. Pass a written test when the class has been completed

03. Achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test

04. Pass a Mental Health evaluation at a hospital

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

06. Pass a background check involving interviews with friends and family

07. Only shotguns and Air Rifles may be purchased, no handguns

08. New magazines can only be purchased by trading in empty ones

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
Sounds good to me. What's an air rifle? Can you hunt with one?

How many hoops do you want to jump through for your First, Fouth and Fifith amendment rights?

How many classes should you have to pay for and take?

How many permits should you get?

No 4th Amendment classes passed with a high enough score? Tough shit. Cops can search your home anytime they want.

No permit for your 8th Amendment rights? Tough shit. While the cops are ransacking your home searching for contraband they can torture you at the same time

The 2nd amendment allows civilians to own firearms which kill people. Therefor, extra restrictions and test are needed to insure the public is safe from civilians that legally own such weapons. This is not an issue with the other amendments.

Maintaining a FREE STATE from the feds is the whole purpose of the 2nd, you're stupid shit removes the power of the people to do exactly that. I don't think you really want to see what a 2nd amendment solution to your commie bullshit would look like.

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
37o1td.jpg

How many hoops do you want to jump through for your First, Fouth and Fifith amendment rights?

How many classes should you have to pay for and take?

How many permits should you get?

No 4th Amendment classes passed with a high enough score? Tough shit. Cops can search your home anytime they want.

No permit for your 8th Amendment rights? Tough shit. While the cops are ransacking your home searching for contraband they can torture you at the same time
We are talking about the Second. I don't see why it was ever put in the Bill of Rights as an "assumed" right. Owning guns? What does that have to do with natural rights or liberty? Guns are a weapon of war, designed specifically and solely to kill. Why did the Founding Fathers set us up as a country perpetually at war by granting a universal "right" to own guns? Now, the FF say it was to keep the militias ready for action. There was no standing army and the FF didn't want one.
The Second Amendment no longer applies because we do now have a gigantic standing army equipped with 100 times more powerful weapons than we civilians can own.

your still one dumb oldlady,,,

its about self defense and not restricted to just guns,,,

all life has a right to defend itself, thats what the 2nd is about,,,

and you commie/nazi pricks actions of late are proof its more important now than ever

You can always defend yourself. But if you want to use a firearm in that defense as a civilian, then you need to pass the tests and background checks and be limited to only shotguns and Air Rifles for your firearms.

So you can't have equal or greater firepower than the criminal, and you call that defense? You really are fucking stupid.

My car wouldn't start. So I replaced the radio, checked the air in the tires, and washed it. I knew it wouldn't fix my car. I knew it wouldn't address the problem.

But I had to do something.
Oh, OP's solution is not window dressing. It would work because it actually DOES address the problem. At least the weapon part. People urging us to also address the motivation of the shooters are also right. It is not just one solution or the other. It is both, and more besides.

Yeah screw the fact that 99.999% of gun owners will NEVER commit murder.

I wonder what crimes I can hold you accountable for simply because you own an object some piece of shit criminal uses to commit a crime
10,000 people a year do commit murder with guns. Let's stop using meaningless percentages that make those 10,000 people seem irrelevant.
10,000 people are murdered every year with guns. It is not 10,000 people one time in this country. It is every year. From 2009 to 2019, that is 100,000 people murdered with guns.
How many do there have to be before it is important to you?

Many commit multiple murders, so that's NOT 10,000 offenders. The solution is to assure swift and sure punishment for anyone who illegally takes the life of another whatever the weapon used. They should never see the light of day again, period.

Most – if not all – of these measures would be invalidated by the courts as an undue burden on the Second Amendment right, particularly where handguns are concerned.

There are also potential Fourth, Fifth, and 14th Amendment violations.
It is obvious that the Second Amendment would have to go.

See article 5, good luck with that. LMAO

Sorry, but the Constitution says otherwise.
The 2nd Amendment is freely infringed, just look at age restrictions, no sales to felon, no sales of nukes... But the good thing is, you can read, so there's hope for you yet. :biggrin:
Twit. Do you realize that if I had around $250,000 of disposable income, and if I was so inclined, I could buy a WORKING tank with 10 rounds of WORKING ammunition?
The 2nd amendment may be infringed, but only because libs have snuck those infringements through.
In Illinois, you had to pay for an FOID (Firearm Owners ID). m That was recently struck down. You do not have to pay the gubment to own a forearm.
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Do you know any civilians that own working tanks?
It’s appropriate to infer that your proposed measures apply to all firearms, including handguns – where the Supreme Court has designated handguns to be comprehensively immune from most government regulation, unlike long guns.

Because your proposed measures are not limited to weapons not entitled to Constitutional protections – weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, such as tanks and machine guns – the courts would strike down your proposed measures as being in violation of the Second Amendment.

If need be, we can amend the Second Amendment. Throw it out entirely if need be. But simply tightening the restrictions when it comes to civilians owning firearms I think will work. The majority of the U.S. population will demand it, and through democracy will either change the 2nd ammendment or pick and appoint Supreme Court Justices who will agree with such restrictions.

It only takes 14 States to kill any amendment, good luck with that.

Go fuck yourself with a cactus.

Gun laws the US needs:

All able-bodied people not convicted of a felony need to open carry and put put down any vermin that try to attack other people or the heritage of the US.

Run, Sparky! (U2Edge ) This means you> :1peleas:

My ancestors didn't build this country for bullshit like you.

You need sent out into the woods for a week or two.

Would you want a gun, or not? I'll tell you right now, you're a tard if you don't.

My car wouldn't start. So I replaced the radio, checked the air in the tires, and washed it. I knew it wouldn't fix my car. I knew it wouldn't address the problem.

Oh, OP's solution is not window dressing. It would work because it actually DOES address the problem. At least the weapon part. People urging us to also address the motivation of the shooters are also right. It is not just one solution or the other. It is both, and more besides.

I wonder what crimes I can hold you accountable for simply because you own an object some piece of shit criminal uses to commit a crime
10,000 people a year do commit murder with guns. Let's stop using meaningless percentages that make those 10,000 people seem irrelevant.
10,000 people are murdered every year with guns. It is not 10,000 people one time in this country. It is every year. From 2009 to 2019, that is 100,000 people murdered with guns.

Many commit multiple murders, so that's NOT 10,000 offenders. The solution is to assure swift and sure punishment for anyone who illegally takes the life of another whatever the weapon used. They should never see the light of day again, period.

Oldlady's numbers are seriously fucky. The Disaster Center's Uniform Crime Reporting Center Program is showing a total number of 138320 people murdered in the US, between 2009-2017. Their stats don't mention the method, just the number of murders per 100,000 and the population during those years.

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2017

So if you divide the yearly population by 100,000 and multiply it by that year's murder rate, you get the following:

2009 - 15350.3275

2010 - 14847.850512

2011 - 14644.627352

2012 - 14752.063195

2013 - 14242.388895

2014 - 14031.925644

2015 - 15723.934282

2016 - 17463.92049

2017 - 17263.116434

Total US murders from 2007-2017 = 138320.154304

So by her logic, 100,000 people were murdered by firearms between 2009-2017, and only 38,320 were murdered by all other methods.

Fucky indeed. Oldlady must have slept through her math classes. :laughing0301:

Last edited:

Oldlady's numbers are seriously fucky. The Disaster Center's Uniform Crime Reporting Center Program is showing a total number of 138320 people murdered in the US, between 2009-2017. Their stats don't mention the method, just the number of murders per 100,000 and the population during those years.

So by her logic, 100,000 people were murdered by firearms between 2009-2017, and only 38,320 were murdered by all other methods.

Fucky indeed. :laughing0301:

You might want to read the post again, her numbers were annually.

politicians and Hollywood celebrities have armed guards that follow them around everywhere

do you agree that an average citizen deserves to own a gun to protect his and his family's safety?!

Fucky indeed. :laughing0301:

You might want to read the post again, her numbers were annually.

She stated that "From 2009 to 2019, that is 100,000 people murdered with guns." The total number of people murdered in the US, between 2009-2017 by all methods was 138320. The stats on that page only went up to 2017. Does it make sense now?

When you restrict and lower the amount of guns in any population, you decrease the chances for mass shootings and the use of such weapons in committing crimes.
Ignoring the FACT that Japan's social norms are far more restrictive that ours. A mass shooter in Japan would bring shame and dishonor to all his family and ancestors, which is a REALLY bad thing in Japan.

You don't understand their culture one bit. You're just trying to make false comparisons.

Its as much about culture as it is about regulations.

c75hixlzxef31.jpg

Legalize Drugs! Stop the drug war, because we can't stop drugs from being here. But by golly we CAN stop criminals from getting guns.
The war on drugs is a big reason we have gun violence problem.

Drugs are why we have a violence problem.

No, drugs tend to make people relaxed, happy, and complacent.
It is the War on Drugs that causes murders.

Look at the statistics.
homicide_chart.png

The last time we had a peak like we do now, what Prohibition of Alcohol.
And it caused a massive murder spike for the same reason.
Once you make something illegal that people do not believe should be illegal, its use increases.
There are higher profits, more sellers, etc., but they also can not use banks or call police.
So there are more turf wars, thefts, murders, etc.
The estimates are that 90% of the US murders are due to the War on Drugs.

i'm not gonna stand for a liberal who probably doesn't even believe in God lecture us about what the gun laws ought to be

Ignoring the FACT that Japan's social norms are far more restrictive that ours. A mass shooter in Japan would bring shame and dishonor to all his family and ancestors, which is a REALLY bad thing in Japan.

You don't understand their culture one bit. You're just trying to make false comparisons.

Its as much about culture as it is about regulations.

c75hixlzxef31.jpg

Legalize Drugs! Stop the drug war, because we can't stop drugs from being here. But by golly we CAN stop criminals from getting guns.

Look at the statistics.
homicide_chart.png

Once you make something illegal that people do not believe should be illegal, its use increases.
There are higher profits, more sellers, etc., but they also can not use banks or call police.

Then by the same logic, prohibitions on firearms would also cause a spike in the rate of shootings, just as the prohibition on alcohol and drugs caused a spike in bootlegging, gang activity, and drug use and sales.

True?

----------------------------------- as I have said a few times over the last few days , 'japan' is a Police State U2Edge.

Japan is a Democracy that was created by the United States General Douglas Macarthur after the conclusion of World War II. Japan has been a democracy and ally of the United States since that time.
And their national defense is reliant on the United States.

And, their cultural norms are way more restrictive than other cultures.

Stop trying to make false comparisons.

The only thing keeping the world from losing all measures of freedom is the check put on the U.S. military by American Citizens in possession of firearms.

The U.S. civilian can't check anything with their firearms. This is not the 18th century. The United States Military could easily slaughter the 31% of households that still own guns.
If you believe that, you also believe that we won the Vietnam War, and are NOT still in Afghanistan.

You know NOTHING.

Nobody ever wins a war without boots on the ground. 31% of households represents and armed force 10x larger than the U.S. Military.

So, take your uninformed bullshit and get lost.

The United States was forced by the U.S. congress to abandon South Vietnam in 1973. South Vietnam on their own did not lose the war until 1975.

The United States military has reduced its troop levels in Afghanistan from 100,000 in 2012 to 14,000 today. The Afghan Army does most of the fighting in the countryside.

The United States Army has Tanks, Armored Personal Carriers and other ground equipment that is largely immune to firearms that are owned by the 31% of households that own guns. Plus the United States military is the most respected institution in the country. So even many of the 31% of gun owners will obey the law and support the United States military if there is any sort of a conflict.

That is ridiculously wrong.
The US military has NEVER once won against an insurgency,
You can NOT use tanks, artillery, planes, helicopters, bombers, etc., against an insurgency.

And you have it totally backwards.
It is the US military that respects gun owners and the 2nd amendment, so if you ordered the military to start confiscating assault weapons, you most likely would have a mutiny on your hands, the those who are against the gun confiscations would likely be supported by the US military, to take over.

Look at the statistics.
homicide_chart.png

Then by the same logic, prohibitions on firearms would also cause a spike in the rate of shootings, just as the prohibition on alcohol and drugs caused a spike in bootlegging, gang activity, and drug use and sales.

True?

Yes, most likely.
Any government imposed, arbitrary prohibition is always guaranteed to fail.
It just increases the Black Market, while destroying the credibility of the current government.
Gun control is just evil or incredibly stupid.
It can not possibly ever do any good at all.

Japan is a Democracy that was created by the United States General Douglas Macarthur after the conclusion of World War II. Japan has been a democracy and ally of the United States since that time.
And their national defense is reliant on the United States.

And, their cultural norms are way more restrictive than other cultures.

Stop trying to make false comparisons.

The only thing keeping the world from losing all measures of freedom is the check put on the U.S. military by American Citizens in possession of firearms.

The U.S. civilian can't check anything with their firearms. This is not the 18th century. The United States Military could easily slaughter the 31% of households that still own guns.
If you believe that, you also believe that we won the Vietnam War, and are NOT still in Afghanistan.

You know NOTHING.

Nobody ever wins a war without boots on the ground. 31% of households represents and armed force 10x larger than the U.S. Military.

So, take your uninformed bullshit and get lost.

The United States was forced by the U.S. congress to abandon South Vietnam in 1973. South Vietnam on their own did not lose the war until 1975.

The United States military has reduced its troop levels in Afghanistan from 100,000 in 2012 to 14,000 today. The Afghan Army does most of the fighting in the countryside.

The United States Army has Tanks, Armored Personal Carriers and other ground equipment that is largely immune to firearms that are owned by the 31% of households that own guns. Plus the United States military is the most respected institution in the country. So even many of the 31% of gun owners will obey the law and support the United States military if there is any sort of a conflict.

That is ridiculously wrong.
The US military has NEVER once won against an insurgency,
You can NOT use tanks, artillery, planes, helicopters, bombers, etc., against an insurgency.

And you have it totally backwards.
It is the US military that respects gun owners and the 2nd amendment, so if you ordered the military to start confiscating assault weapons, you most likely would have a mutiny on your hands, the those who are against the gun confiscations would likely be supported by the US military, to take over.

Not to mention, that Russia and China would soon start flooding this country with tank-killing RPGs and other hardware. The Europeans did the same thing for the South during the Civil War. Had they gotten more involved, the North could have lost.

Forum List

Back