The Heart of the AGW Premise Fails Empirical Review.

free energy is the amount of work that a thermodynamic system can perform. The concept is useful in the thermodynamics of chemical or thermal processes.

Try to understand it this time around.

Alas, it is you who has failed to understand...a battery is a storage device...it is not a system that can produce anything on its own...The battery itself is not a spontaneous process....the electricity inside a battery has to be put there...the system does not produce it. If you don't put the electricity in, you just have some parts that are capable of storing electricity.

Last edited:
Did you ask your professors yet if photons or EM radiation can't flow to warmer objects? Don't you think that would be a great question for you?

No one is denying that Photons or EM radiation can flow from a cooler object towards a warmer object, but it doesn't slow down its cooling rate at all since it is Initially WARMER than the cooler object in the first place.

No one is denying that Photons or EM radiation can flow from a cooler object towards a warmer object

SSDD denies that. Strenuously.

Did you ask your professors yet if photons or EM radiation can't flow to warmer objects? Don't you think that would be a great question for you?

No one is denying that Photons or EM radiation can flow from a cooler object towards a warmer object, but it doesn't slow down its cooling rate at all since it is Initially WARMER than the cooler object in the first place.

No one is denying that Photons or EM radiation can flow from a cooler object towards a warmer object

Who am I to argue with the second law of thermodynamics?

Greetings Doctor XXXXXX

I had a few quick questions about the 2nd Law.

If I have two identical objects in a vacuum, one at 500K and the other at 600K, next to each other,
are they both allowed to absorb and emit photons simultaneously?

Is the cooler object in anyway restricted from emitting by the presence of the warmer object?

Finally, when they achieve equilibrium, do they continue to emit photons or do they cease all emissions?

^
Much better questions to discover if your misinterpretation of the 2nd Law is correct.

Greetings Doctor XXXXXX

If I have two identical objects in a vacuum, one at 500K and the other at 600K, next to each other,

Is the cooler object in anyway restricted from emitting by the presence of the warmer object?

Finally, when they achieve equilibrium, do they continue to emit photons or do they cease all emissions?

^
Much better questions to discover if your misinterpretation of the 2nd Law is correct.

Why would that be a good question? If he didn't agree with the second law, he could only give me an opinion since there is no actual observed evidence to the contrary. I suppose a professor would be bright enough to acknowledge that it is what the models predict and not defend a theory to the bitter end, claiming it is fact like uneducated yahoos might.

Greetings Doctor XXXXXX

^

Why would that be a good question? If he didn't agree with the second law, he could only give me an opinion since there is no actual observed evidence to the contrary. I suppose a professor would be bright enough to acknowledge that it is what the models predict and not defend a theory to the bitter end, claiming it is fact like uneducated yahoos might.

Why would that be a good question?

Because it gets to the heart of your confusion.

When batteries are manufactured, they put the anode, cathode and electrolyte in the "can" and guess what? The electricity has to be put in there from an outside source...the electricity is not spontaneously produced...charging is part of the manufacturing process...the energy is stored, not generated inside the battery.
Zinc batteries are not “charged” by electricity, the chemicals are simply put in, but yes, whatever the manufacturing process of a battery is, they create a configuration of chemicals that are in an elevated energy state. The usable energy in that state is called free energy. So what is your point?

When is EM radiation not photons? When are photons not EM radiation?

And no...it would be a stupid question...The second law of thermodynamics answers that question and the answer is no.
I have answered your question several times. You are losing it. EMR and photons represent the same thing.

Of course it is a stupid question. What is even stupider is that you think they would answer “no” when every scientist has answered, “Yes” - that black body radiation is unrestricted in striking any other body. Why do you think those professors would go against all other scientists?

You are really going over the deep end.

But the photons from cooler to warmer doesn't violate the second law.

When batteries are manufactured, they put the anode, cathode and electrolyte in the "can" and guess what? The electricity has to be put in there from an outside source...the electricity is not spontaneously produced...charging is part of the manufacturing process...the energy is stored, not generated inside the battery.

Every penlight LED flashlight I have seen does not use rechargeable batteries. But yes, once the chemistry of the system stores the energy and the battery is in the hands of the consumer the energy is not generated, but it is transformed to electricity. So what is your point?

Zinc batteries are not “charged” by electricity, the chemicals are simply put in, but yes, whatever the manufacturing process of a battery is, they create a configuration of chemicals that are in an elevated energy state. The usable energy in that state is called free energy. So what is your point?

The fact remains that nothing connected to a power source is a spontaneous process....and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely ignorant of the basics of physics..

Oy

Nobody cares about the photons.

I love photons. They hit my retinas and I can see stuff. As far as this silly argument about photons moving from colder to warmer, how is it I can see the stuff in my refrigerator? My retinas are at 98.6F, the stuff in the fridge is about 35F, yet I can see it. All the lettuce and cheese and old spaghetti sauce and everything else are emitting photons that my eyes detect. How can that be?
how is it I can see the stuff in my refrigerator? My retinas are at 98.6F, the stuff in the fridge is about 35F, yet I can see it. All the lettuce and cheese and old spaghetti sauce and everything else are emitting photons that my eyes detect. How can that be?
How can that be? Hahaha and Wuwei commented "That's actually a clever counterexample".
Showing how stupid both of you are.
What do you think the light bulb which turns on when you open the fridge door is for?
Both of you qualify for the Darwin award
oof7o.jpg

Regards your comment, for sure, the light bulb is giving off higher energy photons. And they show up brightly when they hit my retinas. But what about the photons coming from my cold leftover lasagna? Has it been heated up by the light bulb? Are those photons of a higher or lower energy level than the ones given off by my eyeballs?

The fact remains that nothing connected to a power source is a spontaneous process....and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely ignorant of the basics of physics..
Nope, you disagree with the definition of spontaneous process. It is spontaneous if there is no external energy source. And there is none in a penlight.

Here is another interesting idiocy in the “smart-photon” hypothesis.

Not only does the colder object have to stop radiating, but the hotter object has to dial down its radiation by the same amount that the colder object would radiate by the BB law.

That means there are SSDD “smart-photons” going both ways from each object.

Tell me SSDD how does the hot object "know" how much to dial down??

Here is another interesting idiocy in the “smart-photon” hypothesis.

Not only does the colder object have to stop radiating, but the hotter object has to dial down its radiation by the same amount that the colder object would radiate by the BB law.

That means there are SSDD “smart-photons” going both ways from each object.

I've asked him that before.
He feels it's another unknowable.

The fact remains that nothing connected to a power source is a spontaneous process...

Let's talk about power sources. How far away can the "connection" be?

Photons don't move spontaneously from cool to warm....but if you feel like you can provide an example that violates the second law, by all means do show it...

Yes, but SSDD doesn't comprehend that the warmer object out-radiates the cooler object.

So you say...and I keep asking for an observed measured example and you don't seem to be able to provide any at all. Unmeasurable, unobservable untestable models seem to be all you have...

Forum List

Back