The heart of the liberal movement: "STOP thanking the military - they don't do shit "

That is what they think for real.
and that is why they are trying to destroy the military form within

Interesting statement, from the article:

The corollary to the claim that our freedom exists only at the pleasure of the military, of course, is that the same military can revoke said freedom if it so desires.

Interesting statement, from the article:

The corollary to the claim that our freedom exists only at the pleasure of the military, of course, is that the same military can revoke said freedom if it so desires.

I would think the cons would be all for that quote.

This is simply astounding. The left's favorite website actually wrote an article demanding that we stop thanking the military because they don't provide freedom... :bang3:

Stop thanking the troops for me: No, they don't protect our freedoms! - Salon.com

I wonder if you believe wholeheartedly every single thing written from every one of your conservative news "sources". If you do, then I might understand how you are so misinformed about liberals believing and supporting every single thing written at Salon.com.

As for this article, it makes some valid points. Our freedom is based on many different things. The Military does not in itself provide our freedom, but it is there to protect us from any country that may threaten that freedom. Even when we are not at war, the military protects us from any threats just by being there. The presence of a strong military prevents any of our enemies from striking against us.

Unfortunately, too many people have a difficult time grasping complex ideas. It's just so much easier to say "the military protects us from evil and allows us our freedom", even when we know there is much more to it than that.

That must be why Republicans block jobs bills for vets, try to cut their healthcare and recently cut food stamps for nearly a million veterans.

GOP blocks veterans jobs bill with budget vote | TheHill

The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.

Sens. Scott Brown (Mass.), Susan Collins (Maine), Dean Heller (Nev.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Olympia Snowe (Maine) were the only Republicans who voted for the waiver, in a 58-40 vote.

The Coming Food Stamp Cut Will Hit 900,000 Veterans

Oh SNAP, veterans get dissed by the GOP

Exactly, I am all for our military and wholeheartedly support it. I do believe that we must cut back on spending, as we spend more than most countries put together plus some. Also, I find it funny that Republicans can say they support our military yet they cut SNAP benefits and other job programs to help returning veterans. Why cut spending in places where it needs to be, instead of putting the entire burden on the poor, disabled, and the veterans??? The only thing the GOP supports about the military, is finding one stupid reason after another to send them into a warzone.

That must be why Republicans block jobs bills for vets, try to cut their healthcare and recently cut food stamps for nearly a million veterans.

GOP blocks veterans jobs bill with budget vote | TheHill

The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.

Sens. Scott Brown (Mass.), Susan Collins (Maine), Dean Heller (Nev.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Olympia Snowe (Maine) were the only Republicans who voted for the waiver, in a 58-40 vote.

The Coming Food Stamp Cut Will Hit 900,000 Veterans

Oh SNAP, veterans get dissed by the GOP

Liar.

Your first link is over 2 years old.

You are a class "A" Liar.

Last edited:
Yeah they don't do crap right. Government response time to New Orleans 2 weeks. Military response time to The Philippines five days. Level of irony...priceless.

Wow,

You want our pilots to risk their lives when they don't have to. You republicans don't give a shit about our military. Using our airforce pilots as polical pones proves that you can't be trusted.

KISS my American ass!!

Last edited:
This is simply astounding. The left's favorite website actually wrote an article demanding that we stop thanking the military because they don't provide freedom... :bang3:

Stop thanking the troops for me: No, they don't protect our freedoms! - Salon.com

Did you actually read the article?

Her point is that our freedoms are not from the military, but due to the laws and consititution that we have, and popular support for them.

Respect the military because they are often doing a dangerous and difficult job, but they are not the source of our "Freedom". We are.

As opposed to Bush, who sent the same National Guard units on four deployments to the middle east, got 5000 troops killed and left 60,000 with serious injuries...

Yeah... but it's those Democrats, doing, er. Something. Beacuse...ummm, Freedom.

As opposed to Bush, who sent the same National Guard units on four deployments to the middle east, got 5000 troops killed and left 60,000 with serious injuries...

Yeah... but it's those Democrats, doing, er. Something. Beacuse...ummm, Freedom.

It's those Democrats that oppressed the Troops' votes in the 2000 Elections. The Left knows all to well that the Military does not support their views which is why they had the troops' votes thrown out in 2000. How pathetic that Troops fighting to preserve freedoms such as voting had their own votes oppressed due to vitriolic ideology.

It's those Democrats that oppressed the Troops' votes in the 2000 Elections. The Left knows all to well that the Military does not support their views which is why they had the troops' votes thrown out in 2000. How pathetic that Troops fighting to preserve freedoms such as voting had their own votes oppressed due to vitriolic ideology.

You mean ballots that were postmarked after the election and wouldn't have been legally counted? THOSE troops?

I could imagine if there was a troop who cast his vote for Bush in 2000, he probably quickly regretted it when he was patrolling the streets of Baghdad wondering which faction of crazy muslims was our ally this week.

This article did not say that we shouldn’t thank our troops, we of course should.

We need not thank the troops for every breath we take. When we do, we reduce our entire existence as free people to something that only exists at the whim of the U.S. military, and suffocate critical thought about the military and what it’s actually doing in the world.

I do wish that instead of giving our troops lip service only, that we made a concerted effort to help them adjust to life back home a bit better.

The "Salon?" Seems a bit disingenuous to imply that this is some type of Lib bible.

Forum List

Back