The Homosexual Dilemma

Genesis 19-5

"Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Genesis 19-5

"Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Genesis 19-5

Genesis 19-5

That's a direct translation? What is the Hebrew (Semetic) word for "have sex with them"?

Did some interesting research on this...the word is "yada" which means to know....and is used in the Aramic OT over 900 times. Only 13-14 times does it mean something sexual....the rest of the time it means to "question". It isn't til the Christian bibles, particularly the KJV does it take on sexual tones. What if the men of Sodom just wanted to question the strangers? Not quite as interesting and evil sounding, is it?
Yes, that totally explains why Lot offered his daughters as a substitute. You'll never understand what you refuse to see no matter how clear it's made to be.
Well...aren't you one who thinks it's "logical" to offer so-called homosexual men your..........daughters?
Not to homosexuals, no. Does that sound intelligent to anyone?
Oh. Tell us more about how logical it is for homosexuals to be interested in someone's daughters. Share your wisdom in this regard.

That's a direct translation? What is the Hebrew (Semetic) word for "have sex with them"?

Did some interesting research on this...the word is "yada" which means to know....and is used in the Aramic OT over 900 times. Only 13-14 times does it mean something sexual....the rest of the time it means to "question". It isn't til the Christian bibles, particularly the KJV does it take on sexual tones. What if the men of Sodom just wanted to question the strangers? Not quite as interesting and evil sounding, is it?
Yes, that totally explains why Lot offered his daughters as a substitute. You'll never understand what you refuse to see no matter how clear it's made to be.
Well...aren't you one who thinks it's "logical" to offer so-called homosexual men your..........daughters?
Not to homosexuals, no. Does that sound intelligent to anyone?
Oh. Tell us more about how logical it is for homosexuals to be interested in someone's daughters. Share your wisdom in this regard.
Stupid jackass, that's the opposite of what I said. OMG you're retarded. Goodbye.

You're a moron. Anyone who characterizes any disagreement as hate is not objective. That's not up for debate. Since bigots like you see hate everywhere, you're crippled in being able to perceive the real thing. It would be the same as a conspiracy kook trying to discern a real conspiracy from the random lunacy that occupies his head. That's the kind of logic that escapes people like you.

I am glad to hear you don't believe homosexuals live a harmful way of life or are a danger to children and that you believe they can be good parents to kids.

This is awesome news.

Genesis 19:5King James Version (KJV)
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

cause the fundamentalists and evangelicals and Pentecostals and those sects in alliance with them want to tell the other 75% of the country how to run their private lives. It's modern day Puritanism, nothing more.

more horseshit. Biology is not based on the Bible or some form of puritanism. Human sexuality is biological, there are males and females for a reason. Homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition, it is a mental illness, it is not normal.

you cannot declare it normal by court order or executive dictate.

gay marriage is an oxymoron.

I can declare it normal because I am not a hater. Homosexuality is as 'normal' as being left handed is. You don't have to accept that humans can be attracted to other humans of the same gender- you can continue to hate them as you will.

But the mentally ill are those who want to discriminate against other human beings simply because of the gender that they are attracted to.

I don't hate sick people, I feel sorry for them and want them to be cured.

I have not seen you offer anything but hatred towards homosexuals.
You people characterize any opposition to the homosexual lifestyle as hate, so your bigotry prevents you from rendering an objective analysis.

No- I characterize bigots who are bigots towards homosexuals as haters- I characterize their demonizing of homosexuals as hatred of homosexuals.

StMike: "You're a moron. Anyone who characterizes any disagreement as hate is not objective. That's not up for debate. Since bigots like you see hate everywhere, you're crippled in being able to perceive the real thing. It would be the same as a conspiracy kook trying to discern a real conspiracy from the random lunacy that occupies his head. That's the kind of logic that escapes people like you."

The Bible is written with a confirmation bias, and you read it through the lens of a confirmation bias. Question that bias is not a conspiracy.

No one in a right mind hates heteroes, and only hetero-fascists hate homosexuals. There is no reason for it

We look to the Constitution and legislation and case law, allsecular, for guidance and direction in our law.

A minority religious group of Puritans are not going to make the law for the rest of us.

cause the fundamentalists and evangelicals and Pentecostals and those sects in alliance with them want to tell the other 75% of the country how to run their private lives. It's modern day Puritanism, nothing more.

more horseshit. Biology is not based on the Bible or some form of puritanism. Human sexuality is biological, there are males and females for a reason. Homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition, it is a mental illness, it is not normal.

you cannot declare it normal by court order or executive dictate.

gay marriage is an oxymoron.

I can declare it normal because I am not a hater. Homosexuality is as 'normal' as being left handed is. You don't have to accept that humans can be attracted to other humans of the same gender- you can continue to hate them as you will.

But the mentally ill are those who want to discriminate against other human beings simply because of the gender that they are attracted to.

I don't hate sick people, I feel sorry for them and want them to be cured.

I have not seen you offer anything but hatred towards homosexuals.
You people characterize any opposition to the homosexual lifestyle as hate, so your bigotry prevents you from rendering an objective analysis.

There is no objective analysis of discrimination. You either wish to discriminate or you don't. If you do, you're a bigot, plain and simple.

Anyone who characterizes any disagreement as hate is not objective.

You even use the language of a bigot. "Anyone who", "any disagreement".

I do not characterize any disagreement as hate. I wait for someone to demonstrate their hate. You have. Quite plainly.

You are not just in that group of "anyone who". Your rhetoric has placed you in the sub-class of bigots.

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Genesis was written by Moses, who was slow of speech and tongue, 2000 years after Adam and Eve. How did he know Lot was morally depraved; i.e., he would rather hand off his two daughters to a mob of men, young and old, rather than hand over two stranger. Really?

Genesis was written by Moses, who was slow of speech and tongue, 2000 years after Adam and Eve. How did he know Lot was morally depraved; i.e., he would rather hand off his two daughters to a mob of men, young and old, rather than hand over two stranger. Really?

I guess they would be safe in a mob of supposed homosexual men? GreenBean and St.Mike have no explained that bit yet.

I guess they would be safe in a mob of supposed homosexual men? GreenBean and St.Mike have no explained that bit yet.

Is it possible for your to explain how Moses knew the story first-hand since he wrote about it 2000 years later?

Is it possible for your to explain how Moses knew the story first-hand since he wrote about it 2000 years later?

Lilah, the story is one of the "timeless" narratives that give the Hebrews then the Jews a root predecessor for mythical and cultural unification.

(1) We don't know if Moses new the SG story.

(2) We don't know if Moses existed.

(3) We are pretty sure that David and more sure that Solomon existed than Moses.

When dealing with the social con far right, be sure they will treat myth as fact.

There is no homosexual dilemma. Either you put another man's unit in your mouth or you don't. Case closed. If you do...please keep it to yourself, don't carry a sign and march in the street that you put another guy's tool in your mug and how proud you are of it.

There is no homosexual dilemma. Either you put another man's unit in your mouth or you don't. Case closed. If you do...please keep it to yourself, don't carry a sign and march in the street that you put another guy's tool in your mug and how proud you are of it.

Mrs. Smith, I believe the story you told to the women's luncheon about what you did to your husband for his birthday present makes you a homosexual.

Nobody carries signs that say that.

I've never put a man's unit in my mouth...but I have marched in a Pride Parade.

You want gays living their lives in secret. Ain't gonna happen. We have lives and families and we don't have to keep them quiet. We aren't ashamed.

Mrs. Smith, I believe the story you told to the women's luncheon about what you did to your husband for his birthday present makes you a homosexual.
If Mrs. Smith does it to her husband that's fine...if Mr. Smith does it to another guy...BARF!

Nobody carries signs that say that.

I've never put a man's unit in my mouth...but I have marched in a Pride Parade.

You want gays living their lives in secret. Ain't gonna happen. We have lives and families and we don't have to keep them quiet. We aren't ashamed.
Because your a dyke?

If Mrs. Smith does it to her husband that's fine...if Mr. Smith does it to another guy...BARF!

Whoa! It's not the act you are bashing, it's the gender?

Whoa! It's not the act you are bashing, it's the gender?
You got it baby.

Forum List

Back