The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

I just can't wrap my head around workers who would rather put their employer and by extension, themselves, out of business, rather than work for less.

Baffling.

Probably because they realize that most of their competitors are unionized, and when Hostess goes out of business, they'll need more help and get picked up when the Hall gives them a call.

Here's the key thing...

The union already made a lot of concessions. To the point where they were the lowest paid people in their industry. And the company used those savings (about 150 million dollars) to pay off investors andpay themselves bonuses.

Hence the term "loot". They looted the company. The capitalists looted it to the point that it couldn't survive and blamed it on the union and the stupid public fell for it.

Don't mourn the Twinkie, it's a small price to pay in the big business war on American working class pensions and decent wages.

Strange how many union members decided to cross picket lines rather than destroy the company, yet you think this is a win for big business.

Don't mourn the Twinkie, it's a small price to pay in the big business war on American working class pensions and decent wages.

Strange how many union members decided to cross picket lines rather than destroy the company, yet you think this is a win for big business.

I wonder how the union members who decided not to go back to work are feeling right now is no paycheck better than a smaller one?

Yes. the hedge fund comes out ahead and the union gets handed a loss, there is no downside as far as conservatives are concerned, plus the workers get taught a lesson in the futility of fighting the head office, conservative icing on the cake.

I bought the turkey tonight and now realize I should have loaded up on some twinkies, etc before they are gone.

Dear Union slobs: The company is officially dead. And now, instead of getting paid anything, you get a pink slip. All because you got greedy. So tell me...was it worth it?

20fccd4.jpg

Check out the Bad Health Fans on ebay.

They're paying big bucks for a last shot of tasteless gobs of fat.

I wonder how the union members who decided not to go back to work are feeling right now is no paycheck better than a smaller one?

No kidding. If it were me, i'd be thanking my lucky stars that i have a job in a shitty economy and take the pay cut rather then the pink slip.

Anyone who stocks up on twinkies is an idiot. The company is going out of business, but they will be selling the recipes and branding of their most popular products to their competitors.

Anyone who stocks up on twinkies is an idiot. The company is going out of business, but they will be selling the recipes and branding of their most popular products to their competitors.

Not to mention that there are a bunch of other companies that brand what is effectively a twinkie under other names.

yep

BCTGM members are well aware that as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256.

I saw a whole bunch of fat people in the wonder bread store today, stuffing their cars to the brim. :lol:

Blame fitness. The demand for shitty, sugary foods that cause diabetes, obsesity, heart disease and overall ugliness has gone down. Supply vs demand.

Blame fitness. The demand for shitty, sugary foods that cause diabetes, obsesity, heart disease and overall ugliness has gone down. Supply vs demand.

Fitness yeah that ain't it one look at the people in the grocery store or the mall proves that.

Yeah, put a Govt surcharge of $5 extra on every Big Mac, Whopper, etc.....that will show them.:clap2:

Don't allow anyone to buy a Big Gulp....anywhere in the USA.

Ban French Fries for being fat people pills.

Pizza, you must get a ticket from the Govt to buy a pizza after you have logged 100 miles on a treadmill.

Donuts...oh wait....cops will shoot people over messing with donuts.

Forum List

Back