The IRS ***denies*** The House Request For DJT's Tax Returns

You got a real problem. You care more about the republican party than you do about the United States of America.

Wait a minute. Why do Democrats want his tax returns if not for the Democrat party? They only want these returns so they can say something negative about Trump (whether true or not) just because they've seen them. They want to cast doubt on his reelection.

Piglosi nor others have any legitimate reason for wanting to see those returns outside of party politics. This is why the Democrat party needs to be destroyed. Because these commies are using our federal agencies as their own for political reasons. They are no better than the Nazi's.
In other words, party over country?

You have proven numerous times that you are more concerned about Trump than the country. You have no room to talk.
Oh contraire party boi

The court disagrees with that. Nowhere does it say that the Congress has the right to confiscate tax returns for political vendetta.

Now if the Congress has any questions for the IRS, by all means, let them do their oversight. But keep Trump's personal records out of it as the court ruled. They can ask the IRS what they did in Trump's past audits, what they are doing now, what protocols they are using. But they cannot ask for Trump's tax returns in order to conduct oversight of the IRS.

The Congress can request these records as a part of their oversight. Trump constantly says he cannot release his tax records because they are under audit. The Congress can investigate that and can get Trump's tax records.

As my link points out, yes, they can make such a request. But also as the court ruled, it does not come without limitations.

The court rulings do not apply.

"Trump’s lawyer, Jay Sekulow, appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” pointed out that the Supreme Court has held that congressional oversight cannot become law enforcement. He’s right — but he is advancing a red herring. The IRS alone enforces the tax law, assessing and collecting taxes due from any taxpayer. Neal’s possession of Trump’s tax returns would not change that."

The law is clear on disclosing Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee

Gee, what a surprise, the LA Times.

Well I say go ahead. I want to see Trump use this abuse of power for his campaign in 2020. It will assist in his reelection and perhaps turning the Congress back to the right people--the Republicans.

It isn't bad enough that this Democrat led Congress got absolutely nothing done since they took over, but their mad witch hunt that's been taking place since before Trump was elected. People are not only sick of it, they're angry about it. Why would you put a party in power who's only mission is to destroy the President of the opposite party?

Well good luck Democrats "trying" to get those returns without a years long fight. Because this so called law was already heard by the courts and ruled un-constitutional; it's just that it's never been challenged before. I also hope that Trump follows through with a lawsuit. Oh, and if Democrats actually do something besides harass this President, good luck getting him to sign any bill they put forward.

It has never been ruled unconstitutional. The fact is that specific ruling does not apply. Congress has the oversight authority to examine Trump's tax returns. Voters I suspect are far more worried about Trump's abuse of powers. Voters will never trust Republicans enough to give them complete control again.

The Congress does not have unrestricted access to those records according to past court rulings. The court ruled that Congress can only obtain those returns IF they can demonstrate how those records are needed for legislative purposes. They cannot confiscate those records because "Well.......the Muller thing didn't work out so well for us" which is all this is.

Furthermore it was ruled that the US Congress is a legislative body, not an investigative body. Therefore they cannot make the claim they are looking for illegal activity.

Trump was never tried for tax fraud. He was accused of it by the commie NYT.

Bankruptcy is perfectly legal and used every day. Trump never filed personal bankruptcy, and the four of his business bankruptcies were mostly filed during challenging economic times. Trump owned or operated over 500 businesses in his career, and doing the math, that's one bankruptcy for more than every hundred of businesses he ran. Nothing suspicious about that.

As for his sister, the case has been dropped. She's 82 years old for crying out loud. Who needs that kind of shit at that age?
If she didn't retire, she would be going to prison for tax fraud.

You don't know anything of the sort. When you get that age and very wealthy (which I'm sure she is) you don't need those problems. You can just sit back and enjoy the last few years of your life without fighting all the time. When you have money, work is just something you do to take up your time.
Neat! But she clearly retired in order to stop the investigation.

Nobody knows for sure. However maybe she just didn't want to fight with anybody about it. Doesn't mean she's guilty of anything. Who the hell wants a knock out--drag out fight at the age of 82? Furthermore the claim was that she did something or another to avoid inheritance taxes for herself and siblings including Donald. While they may have dropped the investigation on her, it doesn't mean they had to stop investigating what the other siblings had to do with the matter. That was never pursued.

The Congress can request these records as a part of their oversight. Trump constantly says he cannot release his tax records because they are under audit. The Congress can investigate that and can get Trump's tax records.

As my link points out, yes, they can make such a request. But also as the court ruled, it does not come without limitations.

"Trump’s lawyer, Jay Sekulow, appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” pointed out that the Supreme Court has held that congressional oversight cannot become law enforcement. He’s right — but he is advancing a red herring. The IRS alone enforces the tax law, assessing and collecting taxes due from any taxpayer. Neal’s possession of Trump’s tax returns would not change that."

The law is clear on disclosing Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee

Well I say go ahead. I want to see Trump use this abuse of power for his campaign in 2020. It will assist in his reelection and perhaps turning the Congress back to the right people--the Republicans.

It isn't bad enough that this Democrat led Congress got absolutely nothing done since they took over, but their mad witch hunt that's been taking place since before Trump was elected. People are not only sick of it, they're angry about it. Why would you put a party in power who's only mission is to destroy the President of the opposite party?

Well good luck Democrats "trying" to get those returns without a years long fight. Because this so called law was already heard by the courts and ruled un-constitutional; it's just that it's never been challenged before. I also hope that Trump follows through with a lawsuit. Oh, and if Democrats actually do something besides harass this President, good luck getting him to sign any bill they put forward.

It has never been ruled unconstitutional. The fact is that specific ruling does not apply. Congress has the oversight authority to examine Trump's tax returns. Voters I suspect are far more worried about Trump's abuse of powers. Voters will never trust Republicans enough to give them complete control again.

The Congress does not have unrestricted access to those records according to past court rulings. The court ruled that Congress can only obtain those returns IF they can demonstrate how those records are needed for legislative purposes. They cannot confiscate those records because "Well.......the Muller thing didn't work out so well for us" which is all this is.

Furthermore it was ruled that the US Congress is a legislative body, not an investigative body. Therefore they cannot make the claim they are looking for illegal activity.

Democrats Funny: Now they are giving the IRS until 4/23 to "comply" OR ELSE. This is gonna be good.

House panel chairman gives IRS April 23 deadline on Trump taxes - Reuters

They don't know who dey screwin' with!

Democrats Funny: Now they are giving the IRS until 4/23 to "comply" OR ELSE. This is gonna be good.

Be even funnier if the House Panel Chairman got an IRS audit early next week. :auiqs.jpg:

The reasonable assumption is that there is so much dirt in those returns that they'll just try to keep hiding them 'till doomsday.

The reasonable assumption is that there is so much dirt in those returns that they'll just try to keep hiding them 'till doomsday.

Yes, so much dirt that the IRS couldn't' even find it.

Global temper tantrum coming up!
I'm ready fer 'em when they don't get what they want which would be 2 more years of scorching the earth underneath President Trump. lolol

th
th
th

box_bulk_cargo_containers_1.jpg

th
th
th

No they want. Have you ever met a CPA nose to nose? They don't tolerate no snot.

The court disagrees with that. Nowhere does it say that the Congress has the right to confiscate tax returns for political vendetta.

Now if the Congress has any questions for the IRS, by all means, let them do their oversight. But keep Trump's personal records out of it as the court ruled. They can ask the IRS what they did in Trump's past audits, what they are doing now, what protocols they are using. But they cannot ask for Trump's tax returns in order to conduct oversight of the IRS.

That's why there's no justification for Congress to obtain Trump's tax returns. It has no law enforcement purpose, and no legitimate legislative purpose. It's a fishing expedition, and anyone who denies it is a lying douchebag.

The IRS has no choice but to turn over the tax returns.

U.S. Code Title 26. INTERNAL REVENUE CODE

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(2) Chief of Staff of Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request by the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish him with any return or return information specified in such request. Such Chief of Staff may submit such return or return information to any committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(3) Other committees
Pursuant to an action by, and upon written request by the chairman of, a committee of the Senate or the House of Representatives (other than a committee specified in paragraph (1)) specially authorized to inspect any return or return information by a resolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives or, in the case of a joint committee (other than the joint committee specified in paragraph (1)) by concurrent resolution, the Secretary shall furnish such committee, or a duly authorized and designated subcommittee thereof, sitting in closed executive session, with any return or return information which such resolution authorizes the committee or subcommittee to inspect. Any resolution described in this paragraph shall specify the purpose for which the return or return information is to be furnished and that such information cannot reasonably be obtained from any other source.

It says "shall" not if, and or but. They will have to comply or go to jail.
And the Congress has to keep the info private and can only let those in the Executive meeting see it on penalty of a Felony charge.

"But if that question does get posed — does the Ways and Means Committee have a solid reason to put Trump’s tax returns in the public House record? — it turns out that the Republicans have poisoned their own well.

The only precedent on such a move stems from 2014. Back then, congressional Republicans were on the warpath, insisting that the IRS improperly discriminated against conservative organizations seeking tax-exempt status.

The allegations were overstated and largely trumped up. But what’s important here is that the committee, voting on party lines, released into the public record tax return information of more than 50 organizations, for absolutely no reason beyond their hope to embarrass Democrats. If Trump challenges a public release of his tax information in court, he should fear that Republicans’ 2014 political power move could color the outcome."

Republicans did not release anyone's tax returns.

"In 2014, after getting the documents on the groups they requested, plus tax info relating to several dozen other organizations, Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee made it all public. They believed it showed that an IRS official named Lois Lerner had unfairly plotted to deny tax-exempt status to Crossroads GPS and other conservative groups. The committee included the documents as an attachment to a letter asking the Justice Department to prosecute Lerner. During a closed-door hearing, the committee’s Republicans voted to make the letter public."

They Say It’s Bad Now But Republicans Disclosed Private Tax Returns In 2014 | HuffPost
Were those individual tax returns or information about organizations?

All decent human beings care about....is that they heard Trump promising to release his taxes numerous times....2 years now and there are no tax returns. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!

Oh, stuff it Issa. That was before his family, his staff, and his character were attacked 24-7 by people like you trained to attack a.n.y....l.i.t.t.l.e...t.h.i.n.g the President says, covers his mouth to cough, reacts to truly crass liars who are jumping up and down at him screaming inanities about, yep: a.n.y....l.i.t.t.l.e...t.h.i.n.g !

And the creepolas drumbums who pilloried him nonstop about things he did not say or do, calling him a spy, a traitor, a tweeter, and a liar for failure to dot an "I".

Be glad all you have is TDS. If it gets any worse, take two aspirins and call a doctor in the morning. :71:

Trump's disapproval rating has nothing to do with his tax returns. It has to do with the over 90% negative coverage by the MSM. Had Hillary been President with these record unemployment numbers, median income at new highs, corporate and consumer confidence at record highs, and an all time high for small business (our largest employers) confidence, there would have been parades in the street every other month.

What we have here is a guy who's doing a fantastic job but is hated personally. He's the exact opposite of DumBama who was loved personally but hated in policy.

Professional politicians makeup their tax returns for the expectation of running for the office of President. They make sure that there is enough taxes paid, enough donated to charities, and not take all of their deductions. Trump didn't live his life that way. He didn't create tax returns for public viewing, he filed his taxes to keep as much money as legally possible.

So what does Trump's returns have to do with him running this country? Absolutely nothing. The only reason the Democrats want it is to continue the negative rants on him because they have nothing positive to offer the voters of this country.
Just like a typical righty who won't be responsible for the things he does. Trump's low approval rating have everything to do with Trump's actions in office. You think Trump's tweet of Rep. Omar is an MSM hoax?

You don't know anything of the sort. When you get that age and very wealthy (which I'm sure she is) you don't need those problems. You can just sit back and enjoy the last few years of your life without fighting all the time. When you have money, work is just something you do to take up your time.
Wrong. Do your fucking homework on this story before deciding to shoot your fucking mouth off!

That's why there's no justification for Congress to obtain Trump's tax returns. It has no law enforcement purpose, and no legitimate legislative purpose. It's a fishing expedition, and anyone who denies it is a lying douchebag.

The IRS has no choice but to turn over the tax returns.

U.S. Code Title 26. INTERNAL REVENUE CODE

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(2) Chief of Staff of Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request by the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish him with any return or return information specified in such request. Such Chief of Staff may submit such return or return information to any committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(3) Other committees
Pursuant to an action by, and upon written request by the chairman of, a committee of the Senate or the House of Representatives (other than a committee specified in paragraph (1)) specially authorized to inspect any return or return information by a resolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives or, in the case of a joint committee (other than the joint committee specified in paragraph (1)) by concurrent resolution, the Secretary shall furnish such committee, or a duly authorized and designated subcommittee thereof, sitting in closed executive session, with any return or return information which such resolution authorizes the committee or subcommittee to inspect. Any resolution described in this paragraph shall specify the purpose for which the return or return information is to be furnished and that such information cannot reasonably be obtained from any other source.

It says "shall" not if, and or but. They will have to comply or go to jail.
And the Congress has to keep the info private and can only let those in the Executive meeting see it on penalty of a Felony charge.

"But if that question does get posed — does the Ways and Means Committee have a solid reason to put Trump’s tax returns in the public House record? — it turns out that the Republicans have poisoned their own well.

The only precedent on such a move stems from 2014. Back then, congressional Republicans were on the warpath, insisting that the IRS improperly discriminated against conservative organizations seeking tax-exempt status.

The allegations were overstated and largely trumped up. But what’s important here is that the committee, voting on party lines, released into the public record tax return information of more than 50 organizations, for absolutely no reason beyond their hope to embarrass Democrats. If Trump challenges a public release of his tax information in court, he should fear that Republicans’ 2014 political power move could color the outcome."

Republicans did not release anyone's tax returns.

"In 2014, after getting the documents on the groups they requested, plus tax info relating to several dozen other organizations, Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee made it all public. They believed it showed that an IRS official named Lois Lerner had unfairly plotted to deny tax-exempt status to Crossroads GPS and other conservative groups. The committee included the documents as an attachment to a letter asking the Justice Department to prosecute Lerner. During a closed-door hearing, the committee’s Republicans voted to make the letter public."

They Say It’s Bad Now But Republicans Disclosed Private Tax Returns In 2014 | HuffPost
Since when did "tax info" equate to their tax returns? Their 501 (c) 4 applications were "tax info," but they weren't tax returns.

You're blowing hot gas out your ass.

Forum List

Back