The IRS ***denies*** The House Request For DJT's Tax Returns

The IRS has no choice but to turn over the tax returns.

U.S. Code Title 26. INTERNAL REVENUE CODE

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(2) Chief of Staff of Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request by the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish him with any return or return information specified in such request. Such Chief of Staff may submit such return or return information to any committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(3) Other committees
Pursuant to an action by, and upon written request by the chairman of, a committee of the Senate or the House of Representatives (other than a committee specified in paragraph (1)) specially authorized to inspect any return or return information by a resolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives or, in the case of a joint committee (other than the joint committee specified in paragraph (1)) by concurrent resolution, the Secretary shall furnish such committee, or a duly authorized and designated subcommittee thereof, sitting in closed executive session, with any return or return information which such resolution authorizes the committee or subcommittee to inspect. Any resolution described in this paragraph shall specify the purpose for which the return or return information is to be furnished and that such information cannot reasonably be obtained from any other source.

It says "shall" not if, and or but. They will have to comply or go to jail.
And the Congress has to keep the info private and can only let those in the Executive meeting see it on penalty of a Felony charge.

"But if that question does get posed — does the Ways and Means Committee have a solid reason to put Trump’s tax returns in the public House record? — it turns out that the Republicans have poisoned their own well.

The only precedent on such a move stems from 2014. Back then, congressional Republicans were on the warpath, insisting that the IRS improperly discriminated against conservative organizations seeking tax-exempt status.

The allegations were overstated and largely trumped up. But what’s important here is that the committee, voting on party lines, released into the public record tax return information of more than 50 organizations, for absolutely no reason beyond their hope to embarrass Democrats. If Trump challenges a public release of his tax information in court, he should fear that Republicans’ 2014 political power move could color the outcome."

The law is clear on disclosing Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee
No

Yes it is. You don't have to be a lawyer to understand it, it is so clear. Congress has the power to get Trump's tax returns.

Under certain circumstances, which will be thrashed out in court, so don't expect the jackals to get them for a while.
Never

You got a real problem. You care more about the republican party than you do about the United States of America.

Wait a minute. Why do Democrats want his tax returns if not for the Democrat party? They only want these returns so they can say something negative about Trump (whether true or not) just because they've seen them. They want to cast doubt on his reelection.

Piglosi nor others have any legitimate reason for wanting to see those returns outside of party politics. This is why the Democrat party needs to be destroyed. Because these commies are using our federal agencies as their own for political reasons. They are no better than the Nazi's.
Whenever a president hides anything about his qualifications for office it creates doubt. I suppose democrats were surprised when Trump failed to follow tradition of releasing tax forms. However, they should not have been because Donald Trump has always cloaked the Trump Organization in a veil of secrecy. There are no annual reports for the Trump Organization, only financial disclosure documents as required by law. Since it's a privately held corporation, very little has to be disclosed. Information releases from the organization were basic sales related. Thus Trump has been able to control his public image and that of his business.

Once Donald Trump stepped into the political arena, that all changed. His life became an open book. The public and media assumed that any hidden parts of that book contained wrong doings and thus it became a target of every investigative reporter and every political opponent. Had Trump released his tax returns and been more open about his past, he would have been a more effective president and would not be going into the election with a horrible job approval rating among both democrats and independents. However, we all know that is not possible because it's not his nature. He thrives on controversy not harmony, division not unity, and hatred not peace.
Personally, I think Trump is simply using his tax return documents as bait. He knows that Democrats have a history of weaponizing the IRS and is hoping that some Democrat operative will leak them.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did.
He never will. That’s great news

All decent human beings care about....is that they heard Trump promising to release his taxes numerous times....2 years now and there are no tax returns. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!!

The last President promised us everybody would have affordable healthcare. At least Trump not giving us his tax returns didn't cost the taxpayers over a trillion dollars. Those kind of lies I can look over.
Primo Obama is not our topic.
Secondo the orange gave is a low life toxic hateful environement.
Third he promised to release them, where are they?
Fourth how much he added to the debt ?

I'm a free man I can say Obama tried to fix health care but failed...you on the other hand make excuses for trump day and night. And God knows that he fucks up, lies, bullies on daily basis.

Obama is not the topic. It's called making a comparison.

When you learn enough about our politics in this country, you'll come to the understanding that all politicians lie. It's just something we have to accept. Show me one politician that never lied, and I'll show you the lottery numbers tomorrow.

So it's not about if somebody lies, it's what they lie about that counts. Lies that you will show your tax returns and then don't hurt nobody. Lies that damage the lives of millions or tens of millions of people are to be taken more seriously. DumBama cost me more money in his two terms than all of the Presidents did in my lifetime.

So I'll be glad to take 200 lies that are meaningless to me over one major lie that severely impacts my life in a negative way.

The court rulings do not apply.

"Trump’s lawyer, Jay Sekulow, appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” pointed out that the Supreme Court has held that congressional oversight cannot become law enforcement. He’s right — but he is advancing a red herring. The IRS alone enforces the tax law, assessing and collecting taxes due from any taxpayer. Neal’s possession of Trump’s tax returns would not change that."

The law is clear on disclosing Trump’s tax returns to the House Ways and Means Committee

Gee, what a surprise, the LA Times.

Well I say go ahead. I want to see Trump use this abuse of power for his campaign in 2020. It will assist in his reelection and perhaps turning the Congress back to the right people--the Republicans.

It isn't bad enough that this Democrat led Congress got absolutely nothing done since they took over, but their mad witch hunt that's been taking place since before Trump was elected. People are not only sick of it, they're angry about it. Why would you put a party in power who's only mission is to destroy the President of the opposite party?

Well good luck Democrats "trying" to get those returns without a years long fight. Because this so called law was already heard by the courts and ruled un-constitutional; it's just that it's never been challenged before. I also hope that Trump follows through with a lawsuit. Oh, and if Democrats actually do something besides harass this President, good luck getting him to sign any bill they put forward.

It has never been ruled unconstitutional. The fact is that specific ruling does not apply. Congress has the oversight authority to examine Trump's tax returns. Voters I suspect are far more worried about Trump's abuse of powers. Voters will never trust Republicans enough to give them complete control again.

The Congress does not have unrestricted access to those records according to past court rulings. The court ruled that Congress can only obtain those returns IF they can demonstrate how those records are needed for legislative purposes. They cannot confiscate those records because "Well.......the Muller thing didn't work out so well for us" which is all this is.

Furthermore it was ruled that the US Congress is a legislative body, not an investigative body. Therefore they cannot make the claim they are looking for illegal activity.

Democrats Funny: Now they are giving the IRS until 4/23 to "comply" OR ELSE. This is gonna be good.

House panel chairman gives IRS April 23 deadline on Trump taxes - Reuters

They don't know who dey screwin' with!
The reasonable assumption is that there is so much dirt in those returns that they'll just try to keep hiding them 'till doomsday.
Apparently whatever is IN those returns must be totally legal and on the up and up, otherwise the IRS would have a big problem with it! So the only reasonable assumption left as to why the Dems are after it so hot and heavy is they're in another wild goose egg hunt for details on the President's personal life you can try to spin against him in the media. No can do.

Gee, what a surprise, the LA Times.

Well I say go ahead. I want to see Trump use this abuse of power for his campaign in 2020. It will assist in his reelection and perhaps turning the Congress back to the right people--the Republicans.

It isn't bad enough that this Democrat led Congress got absolutely nothing done since they took over, but their mad witch hunt that's been taking place since before Trump was elected. People are not only sick of it, they're angry about it. Why would you put a party in power who's only mission is to destroy the President of the opposite party?

Well good luck Democrats "trying" to get those returns without a years long fight. Because this so called law was already heard by the courts and ruled un-constitutional; it's just that it's never been challenged before. I also hope that Trump follows through with a lawsuit. Oh, and if Democrats actually do something besides harass this President, good luck getting him to sign any bill they put forward.

It has never been ruled unconstitutional. The fact is that specific ruling does not apply. Congress has the oversight authority to examine Trump's tax returns. Voters I suspect are far more worried about Trump's abuse of powers. Voters will never trust Republicans enough to give them complete control again.

The Congress does not have unrestricted access to those records according to past court rulings. The court ruled that Congress can only obtain those returns IF they can demonstrate how those records are needed for legislative purposes. They cannot confiscate those records because "Well.......the Muller thing didn't work out so well for us" which is all this is.

Furthermore it was ruled that the US Congress is a legislative body, not an investigative body. Therefore they cannot make the claim they are looking for illegal activity.

Democrats Funny: Now they are giving the IRS until 4/23 to "comply" OR ELSE. This is gonna be good.

The reasonable assumption is that there is so much dirt in those returns that they'll just try to keep hiding them 'till doomsday.
No they want. Have you ever met a CPA nose to nose? They don't tolerate no snot.

HERE'S THE DEAL Trump ought to offer: He turns over his tax returns for the Democrats turning over what was in Hillary's 33,000 hidden emails.

No they want. Have you ever met a CPA nose to nose? They don't tolerate no snot.

HERE'S THE DEAL Trump ought to offer: He turns over his tax returns for the Democrats turning over what was in Hillary's 33,000 hidden emails.

Too easy. I say Trump reveals his tax returns in exchange for 8 billion dollars to be used for a southern wall. That would shut them up.

Too easy. I say Trump reveals his tax returns in exchange for 8 billion dollars to be used for a southern wall. That would shut them up.
It is amazing how they want but can’t ever give. Such proud wienies

Here's the deal: the Democrats straighten up and cough up what is needed to secure the border according to the executive branch of this country we share with many types of people. It's their job to accept executive leadership. President Trump, in addition to being the President is not pleased that they beat him up for 2 years, and neither are those who voted for him plus a lot who are sick of the sorry way lies were created just to destroy Donald Trump, his staff, and his family. He is not willing to nor does he deserve to go through another two years of false charges because he hires the best certified accountants in his area to do his taxes. He puts his cards on top of the table and follows the advice of men and women who know the tax laws, keep up to date on them, and do their best to make sure he never gets in trouble by doing the right thing. The chances of them finding an error on his tax return is .0000000000000001% which means they want to spend another 35 million on hounding him to death with a 1 trillionth of a chance there is an error on his return that is reduced by the 50% chance the teeny error if ever one was found would be if he overpaid or underpaid a few pennies. You expect me to sign on to another $35,000,000 expensive witch hunt, which would bring 4 years of aggravation to President Trump, his wife, his teenaged son, his grown children, his White House Staff, his friends, his employees, and the entire Republican Party. No, we're not going there so that your creepy Congresscritters who became coldblooded animals in the last 2 years, so they can thump their chests saying "see, he owes Uncle twenty five cents because a stamp fell off his envelope. We're outraged, and he's a thief, no, he's a thief of the American people, and he broke the Constitutional law for a measly $,.25 (whether true or not) and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Oh, not to worry. We have a copy of all those files. And we're not going to tell you how we got them. Hillary is toast.

Ray, there’s no objectivity. Can’t argue against that. A rock is more reasonable
I'm one of the few posters around here who have admitted they were wrong. I am willing to change my position if you have a good enough argument. You don't. I am the most objective poster at this website.

In one post he says that Trump's approval ratings are about his policies and not his personality. Then he goes on about Trump's tweets and the nasty things he says. :aargh:

I guess to BillO, now tweets are presidential policy.
Everything Trump says publicly in office, is Presidential policy, you fucked up homer.

In one post he says that Trump's approval ratings are about his policies and not his personality. Then he goes on about Trump's tweets and the nasty things he says. :aargh:

I guess to BillO, now tweets are presidential policy.
Everything Trump says publicly in office, is Presidential policy, you fucked up homer.

No it is not. Just because Trump is President doesn't mean he gave up his right to free speech. Trump is allowed to have an opinion just like you and I. Tweets are just words. Policy is taking action.

$25 billion

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Forum List

Back