The Judicial Branch now determines immigration policy

Obama_most_interesting_man_in_the_world1.jpg
You know Obama is no longer potus, right?

Obama tried the dictatorship route on domestic policy.. And the people faught back by electing a populist president..

What Trump is doing is no different than what Obama did.

The only difference is the political persuasions and rationalizations of the supporters and critics of each President.

It's a huge difference then Obama or any president since Andrew Jackson..

This guy came on fire.. He was a man of his word.. He never forgot the middle class man that the democrats lost behind.

That's irrelevant from a legal perspective.

It is relevant because that was the most cleverest move ever by a new president..

I don't know how old you are.. But to come into office and just in two weeks destroy a last presidents hard work in 8 years?

Unheard of..

We don't need immigration any longer, as a nation; at least not at the rates and numbers that we experienced in the past.

YOU don't need immigration any longer. I don't need immigration any longer. But the Democrat party does for political reasons. Their goal is to make whites a minority in our very own country. People of color heavily vote Democrat. So by bringing in all these people, they will eventually secure a one-party government with no real opposition.
You actually believe that shit? My suggestion to you is, MOVE. Where I live everyone's white and everyone speaks English. You'd be happy as a clam. Let the more advanced members of society get on with it.

Of course I believe it. Why do you think Democrats fight so hard for immigration? Why do you think they pander to them like getting them on social programs, allowing them to attend our schools, sanctuary cites, and even give them drivers licenses?

For crying out loud, the Democrats stopped Kate's Law which would have imprisoned illegals who are felons and keep coming back.

You realize the only thing she saw in your post was "color."

You can say you're against poor and uneducated dragging down our system, the rise of crime as criminals come here fill our jails and just keep coming back, coming here are disproportionately poor and uneducated driving up our taxes and debts, we should be able to check who is coming here to ensure they are not criminals, are not carrying diseases and can support themselves, no one should come here then go on welfare whatever color they are before even becoming a citizen and we need to secure our borders.

Now you if you read that probably didn't notice I said the word "color."

And yet if she read it, that was the ONLY word she saw
I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head, which is exactly what Ray was doing for the entire "left." It's horseshit. My suggestion to Ray that he move is based on many posts from him complaining about the world he lives in where not everyone is a WASP like him.
Immigrants aren't going to vote for people who want them out of the country, so if they vote, duh, they're going to vote for the other guy. Inner city blacks ? Who the hell knows--appears they didn't vote for anybody this time, and it serves y'all right.

I'm not sure what laws Trump has broken exactly with his temporary immigration ban. Perhaps someone could tell me.

Additionally, it now appears that Progressives have given the courts the duty of deciding what immigrants can enter the country and which can't. Perhaps they could then show me in the Constitution where this is exactly.

But then, just because it is not written in the Constitution does not mean it is not implied to be there, right Progressives? For you see, the Constitution is a living breathing document that allows Progressives to dictate what it really means, or should have said all along had the writers of the Constitution not been slave owners.

Are you saying the courts shouldn't have overturned Obama's EOs?

The “decision marks the 12th time the Supreme Court unanimously ruled against the Obama administration on the issue of executive power,” Heritage Foundation legal expert Elizabeth Slattery explains.​

Unanimous Supreme Court Rules Against the Obama Administration’s Unconstitutional Power Grab | myHeritage

We know that..

To over turn a presidents E. O. Only the Supreme Court or congress can do that..

Guess who is going to stack the books against the left?

It hasn't been overturned. It has been blocked by a Federal court and upheld in an appellate court. It will most likely go to the Supreme Court.

This is how the legal process works.

We have a republic of laws, not a monarchy.

The court is clearly overstepping it's Constitutional bounds. Immigration law is between the Congress and the President
The courts have a brake pedal for both the congress and the President. What they are doing is perfectly appropriate. It stopped some of Obama's Orders and I'm guessing you weren't bitching about it then.

We don't need immigration any longer, as a nation; at least not at the rates and numbers that we experienced in the past.

YOU don't need immigration any longer. I don't need immigration any longer. But the Democrat party does for political reasons. Their goal is to make whites a minority in our very own country. People of color heavily vote Democrat. So by bringing in all these people, they will eventually secure a one-party government with no real opposition.
You actually believe that shit? My suggestion to you is, MOVE. Where I live everyone's white and everyone speaks English. You'd be happy as a clam. Let the more advanced members of society get on with it.

Of course I believe it. Why do you think Democrats fight so hard for immigration? Why do you think they pander to them like getting them on social programs, allowing them to attend our schools, sanctuary cites, and even give them drivers licenses?

For crying out loud, the Democrats stopped Kate's Law which would have imprisoned illegals who are felons and keep coming back.

You realize the only thing she saw in your post was "color."

You can say you're against poor and uneducated dragging down our system, the rise of crime as criminals come here fill our jails and just keep coming back, coming here are disproportionately poor and uneducated driving up our taxes and debts, we should be able to check who is coming here to ensure they are not criminals, are not carrying diseases and can support themselves, no one should come here then go on welfare whatever color they are before even becoming a citizen and we need to secure our borders.

Now you if you read that probably didn't notice I said the word "color."

And yet if she read it, that was the ONLY word she saw
I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head, which is exactly what Ray was doing for the entire "left." It's horseshit. My suggestion to Ray that he move is based on many posts from him complaining about the world he lives in where not everyone is a WASP like him.
Immigrants aren't going to vote for people who want them out of the country, so if they vote, duh, they're going to vote for the other guy. Inner city blacks ? Who the hell knows--appears they didn't vote for anybody this time, and it serves y'all right.

It wasn't putting words in your mouth, it's what you already said. And you did here again not acknowledging any of his points again and hearing only one word. It's all about race to leftists, and it's just tired. Not just to me but to the whole country as they just told you that, and you're still not listening

I'm not sure what laws Trump has broken exactly with his temporary immigration ban. Perhaps someone could tell me.

Additionally, it now appears that Progressives have given the courts the duty of deciding what immigrants can enter the country and which can't. Perhaps they could then show me in the Constitution where this is exactly.

But then, just because it is not written in the Constitution does not mean it is not implied to be there, right Progressives? For you see, the Constitution is a living breathing document that allows Progressives to dictate what it really means, or should have said all along had the writers of the Constitution not been slave owners.

The “decision marks the 12th time the Supreme Court unanimously ruled against the Obama administration on the issue of executive power,” Heritage Foundation legal expert Elizabeth Slattery explains.​

Unanimous Supreme Court Rules Against the Obama Administration’s Unconstitutional Power Grab | myHeritage

We know that..

To over turn a presidents E. O. Only the Supreme Court or congress can do that..

It hasn't been overturned. It has been blocked by a Federal court and upheld in an appellate court. It will most likely go to the Supreme Court.

The court is clearly overstepping it's Constitutional bounds. Immigration law is between the Congress and the President
The courts have a brake pedal for both the congress and the President. What they are doing is perfectly appropriate. It stopped some of Obama's Orders and I'm guessing you weren't bitching about it then.

Everything is about party to you. You fundamentally don't understand EOs. Obama exceeded executive authority by creating EOs with no underlying law. He even admitted that. That is Unconstitutional as the executive branch was then legislating. Tell me what Trump has done with EOs that exceed the executive branch's authority.

As for your partisan shit, you and the Republicans suck, which is why I'm neither one. You can have your partisan butthurt debates with them. I want content

We know that..

You really can't comprehend can you what Trump did was reversal of Obama's dictatorship and brought the power back to the people that's what he did..

We know that..

Everything is about party to you. You fundamentally don't understand EOs. Obama exceeded executive authority by creating EOs with no underlying law. He even admitted that. That is Unconstitutional as the executive branch was then legislating. Tell me what Trump has done with EOs that exceed the executive branch's authority.

As for your partisan shit, you and the Republicans suck, which is why I'm neither one. You can have your partisan butthurt debates with them. I want content

Exactly.. Obama tried to go around Congress and the courts..

Trump undid that

We know that..

I'm not a Democrat, dammit, and while I sometimes agree with them, I don't carry partisan banners. When I see pure bullshit, however, like that spouted by Ray, that Democrats want to take over the country with people of color--well, of course I'm going to say something. What in hell else is that statement supposed to mean but what he said?
I give up with you, Kaz. I know exactly what you guys are trying to sell, but I don't agree that it's true.

We know that..

You really can't comprehend can you what Trump did was reversal of Obama's dictatorship and brought the power back to the people that's what he did..

No, she doesn't comprehend that. When Trump undoes an EO with an EO, she only sees, OMG, you are against EOs!

EOs are perfectly valid when they instruct the executive branch how to enforce the law, that is what they are for. Obama routinely breached the power of the legislative branch by creating laws where there were no underlying laws. To grasp that is above her pay grade as a liberal parrot.

You're against EOs, you're against EOs. That's all she was instructed to say. She can't answer questions what that means, again, above her pay grade as a leftist ...

The US Constitution says nothing about immigration legal or not. It does however state a US President is in charge of securing our country from enemies foreign and domestic.

Even though the EO says nothing about Muslims, they are trying to say it goes against our freedom of religion. Yes, we have freedom of religion for our citizens, but how the court was able to extend that right outside of our borders is beyond me.

Ray, you either believe in freedom of religion or you don't. The United States was originally settled by people fleeing the religious persecution of the Reformation, and the political power that Catholic Popes had over the crown heads of Europe at the time. That you would now ban a particular religion from immigration runs in direct opposition of the founding principles of your nation.

You either believe in freedom of religion or you don't. "No religious test" is right in the Constitution. It's not one set of rules to get into the country and another when you get there.

This isnt based on religion,it's based on location.

Democrats are so weak now all they have is the liberal court and that will slip away....red state democrats are going to be decimated in 2018

We know that..

Damned straight, I can't comprehend that. I see the right having it's turn to run the country as it sees fit. The Dems didn't have it half so easy, but the President also tried as best he could to run the country as the Dems saw fit. It's moving us laterally instead of forward, all this seesawing. But I guess that's how people want it these days.

So you're telling us you have no experience on what this demographic does to a community?
Why would we listen to someone's opinion who has no knowledge of the issue?

The US Constitution says nothing about immigration legal or not. It does however state a US President is in charge of securing our country from enemies foreign and domestic.

Even though the EO says nothing about Muslims, they are trying to say it goes against our freedom of religion. Yes, we have freedom of religion for our citizens, but how the court was able to extend that right outside of our borders is beyond me.

Ray, you either believe in freedom of religion or you don't. The United States was originally settled by people fleeing the religious persecution of the Reformation, and the political power that Catholic Popes had over the crown heads of Europe at the time. That you would now ban a particular religion from immigration runs in direct opposition of the founding principles of your nation.

You either believe in freedom of religion or you don't. "No religious test" is right in the Constitution. It's not one set of rules to get into the country and another when you get there.

This isnt based on religion,it's based on location.

Exactly. Obama implemented a temporary travel ban on some countries...to safeguard the USA from Ebola outbreaks happening there. Trumps temporary travel ban is the same thing.

Democrats and the media had already decided this was something they would attack Trump on like vicious animals, that's why they are lying and saying its based on religion.

We know that..

I'm not a Democrat, dammit, and while I sometimes agree with them, I don't carry partisan banners. When I see pure bullshit, however, like that spouted by Ray, that Democrats want to take over the country with people of color--well, of course I'm going to say something. What in hell else is that statement supposed to mean but what he said?
I give up with you, Kaz. I know exactly what you guys are trying to sell, but I don't agree that it's true.

What the democrats saw was they were losing millions of liberals by the year to abortions.. They had to do something.. So they needed the illegals..

It was a master plan... They didn't count on the forgotten middle class man to fight back and to use the E. C. In his favor

We know that..

By all means then tell us why Democrats defend illegals who kill, rape, assault, and rob American citizens? Tell us why Democrats defend illegals who traffic Meth into our country killing and destroying our kids.

Illegals Meth trafficking is so bad on the west coast National Geographic filmed a documentary. They filmed the illegals and their wives and their kids not 10 miles from my house trafficking meth. Not working a labor job landscaping, or farm work, trafficking Meth there's your illegals for you.

I understand the disgust expressed at the outset of this thread. However, the restraints on the EO thus far are temporary restraining orders. They have not permanently enjoined the EO.

The problem with the EO is that it did not provide adequate notice, which itself caused people to suffer harm. Granted, in this unique situation you do not want to tip your hand prior to the entry of the EO because you will encourage an onslaught of refugee entries. Nonetheless, it is basic due process that you must put the affected parties on notice before you take action adverse to them. Also, contrary to populist misconception, we DO afford constitutional protections to INDIVIDUALS who are on our soil whether they are citizens or not. Why do you think that illegal aliens are entitled to hearing before an Administrative Law Judge before we deport them.

Thus, the substance of the case against Trump is that the EO violates due process. In addition, there is the problem of the ban affecting green card holders. Thus, the judges' finding of a "likelihood of success on the merits" in their granting of TROs is well founded and understandable.

So relax. Trump can do what he has done so long as he does it correctly. No Court is going to rule that Trump cannot selectively ban the entry into our nation from certain countries. There will be no order saying the President lacks this power. There will, however, be a ruling that Trump's EO does not comply with basic due process.

So, to the OP, don't be such an ignorant douche. To the anti-Trumpers, grow up. You lost. As B. Obama said, "Elections have consequences."

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back