🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The LAX shooter. Riddle me this!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
OK, making another thread because I can't get this answered on the other one.

"As he embarked on his shooting spree, dressed in fatigues and carrying a high-powered rifle, Ciancia asked several cowering members of the public if they were TSA, witnesses claimed. He found his target, shooting dead 39-year-old agent Gerardo Hernandez, the first TSA officer to be killed in the line of duty since the agency's creation".

Read more: LAX Shooter Hated The Government - Business Insider

yep.......except photo he is wearing zero "fatigues"......and then of course, the pool of ketchup!!! LMAO....these mofu's don't even try hard anymore!!

LiveLeak.com - Photo of LAX Gunman Released

This entire story reeks.

He may have been in fatigues, but they still don't let soldiers carry guns on commercial planes. If he was carrying the type of weapon they said he was carrying and he asked people on the concourse if they were TSA, then why didn't at least one of them step quietly into one of the shops and have someone call security?

And when he found TSA, did they just stand there and let him take aim with a large weapon and shoot? WTF? Were they just frozen in time? Could no one have dived under the weapon at his feet and taken him down?

I know airports. In addition to our own Barkley regional here, I have been in Nashville International, Atlanta, Ottawa, Hong Kong, Beijing, Dallas-Fort Worth, Philadelphia, JFK in New York, Dulles in DC, Reagan in DC, Miami, Orlando, Cairo Egypt, Albuquerque, St. Louis, Kansas City, San Antonio, and Las Vegas. How in the hell did this happen?

What is reported to have gone down is just on the back side of beyond. This whole story is bizarre. I mean, seriously, doesn't ANYONE have any questions other that his party affiliation? Have none of you been in an airport?

AP_paul_ciancia_terminal_nt_131101_16x9_992.jpg

That scene simply defies logic. HOW did he get through a large airport with a large weapon, identify a TSA agent after asking multiple others, and shoot with a weapon that large and no one notified security or attempted to stop him?

I'm amazed frankly that it has taken so long for someone to go el flippo on the TSA.

Well, I am too. But what stumps me is how he got through a large crowded airport and stood there taking aim with no one attempting to stop him.

Last edited:
Possibly he had a folding-stock AK or M-4 which are short and easily concealed in a duffle bag. Once again we see he accessed hundreds of unarmed travelers before he was encountered so why are the metal-detectors only for plane-boarding? Why not at the front doors of terminals? The answer is duh, we didn't think of that? Nope, expensive....nobody really takes security seriously and this won't change that. As for the TSA folks......I really don't care about them....they grope people's genitals all day and go home.....this kind of settles a score for all the molesting and sexual assault they do for a living.

Possibly he had a folding-stock AK or M-4 which are short and easily concealed in a duffle bag. Once again we see he accessed hundreds of unarmed travelers before he was encountered so why are the metal-detectors only for plane-boarding? Why not at the front doors of terminals? The answer is duh, we didn't think of that? Nope, expensive....nobody really takes security seriously and this won't change that. As for the TSA folks......I really don't care about them....they grope people's genitals all day and go home.....this kind of settles a score for all the molesting and sexual assault they do for a living.

Somebodies gotta do it.

He wasn't dressed in fatigues. He was wearing a blue TSA uniform. He was initially described as a white male in a blue jacket.

Initially, it was reported that he was a TSA agent himself. Now he's an unemployed motorcycle mechanic. The story is changing to be more politically correct and palatable as time goes on. For instance, the shooter supposedly made statements at the time he was taken into custody. Now we find out he was shot in the face and his tongue was shot off. Really, then how did he say anything at the time of his arrest?

Yes, the whole thing reeks but then we don't have an independent press.

Every freakazoid nut case shooter has been a leftie so far and the left is desperate for an issue. They will lie and bend facts into a pretzel if that's what it takes to portray the shooter as a right wing extremist.

Somebodies gotta do it.
:eusa_angel:

[...]As for the TSA folks......I really don't care about them....they grope people's genitals all day and go home.....this kind of settles a score for all the molesting and sexual assault they do for a living.
That speaks for quite a few people.

It's interesting this was a selective shooting rather than another random kill-everybody type of psychopathic outburst. This fellow was obviously reacting to an antagonism shared by many if not most who have been offended by the attentions of these TSA agents.

Somebodies gotta do it.
:eusa_angel:

Okay we'll give moonpie a point for that one. :lol:

The agent that was shot, Gerardo Hernandez, was a "trained" behavioral identification agent. He was the one "trained" to identify people as the shooter. Maybe his training was poor. Or he didn't have any. He just got the correct answers from the person administering the test.

In larger airports there are multiple concourses leading to the boarding area. The security screening areas can be quite large. Without remodeling the building, it wouldn't really be feasible to search at the front. But, they won't think of it anyway.

And I agree with the part about settling scores. I hope this makes them nicer to old ladies too.

He wasn't dressed in fatigues. He was wearing a blue TSA uniform. He was initially described as a white male in a blue jacket.

Initially, it was reported that he was a TSA agent himself. Now he's an unemployed motorcycle mechanic. The story is changing to be more politically correct and palatable as time goes on. For instance, the shooter supposedly made statements at the time he was taken into custody. Now we find out he was shot in the face and his tongue was shot off. Really, then how did he say anything at the time of his arrest?

Yes, the whole thing reeks but then we don't have an independent press.

Not what's being reported.

In a news conference on Saturday night, U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr. spelled out Friday’s chilling chain of events that began when Ciancia, dressed in fatigues and carrying at least 100 rounds of ammunition, strode into Terminal 3, pulled a Smith & Wesson .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and fired repeatedly at point-blank range at a TSA officer. The officer was checking IDs and boarding passes at the base of an escalator leading to the main screening area.

Read more: Suspected LAX Gunman Charged with Murder | TIME.com Suspected LAX Gunman Charged with Murder | TIME.com

If he was wearing a TSA uniform that would mean someone from the TSA gave him a uniform. He might have had on a blue jacket, but that is not the same as a TSA uniform.

And the picture in the OP is not at the base of an escalator. It is in a boarding area.

Last edited:
This is pretty much the story at this point:

The unemployed motorcycle mechanic who recently moved to Los Angeles from the small, blue-collar town of Pennsville, N.J., had a friend drop him at LAX on Friday just moments before he pulled a .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and opened fire, killing one TSA officer and wounding three other people, including two more TSA workers.

Officials do not believe that the friend knew of the shooter's plans. Ciancia arrived at the airport in a black Hyundai and was not a ticketed passenger.
LAX shooter remains heavily sedated, under guard

Motive: the most common story is:
1) He hated the TSA searches and. . .
2) He wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to get a weapon into an airport.

Could go either way couldn't it? A rightwing extremist railing against government? Or a leftwing pro gun control nut?

Or maybe he was a disturbed guy who somebody goaded into diverting attention from all the leftwingers and Muslim shooters/bombers etc. and promoting hatred for the right? (Okay I don't believe that was the case, but the efforts to politicize and make partisan issues in some of these cases is just as dumb.)

But, until you get to the security inspection area, nobody carryng a duffle bag is likely to arouse suspicion in an airport.

Bottom line, there simply is no way to eliminate all the danger we are in due to people with evil intent. There is no foolproof way to predict it or totally defend ourselves against it. The best we can do is to have means to deal with it when it happens. And for sure, sweeping some stuff under the rug because it just isn't politically correct or stretching the truth in order to demonize some group or demographic is not helping.

I

[...]As for the TSA folks......I really don't care about them....they grope people's genitals all day and go home.....this kind of settles a score for all the molesting and sexual assault they do for a living.
That speaks for quite a few people.

It's interesting this was a selective shooting rather than another random kill-everybody type of psychopathic outburst. This fellow was obviously reacting to an antagonism shared by many if not most who have been offended by the attentions of these TSA agents.

True. He was also suicidal according to reports. Going into an airport and shooting the place up, though when he could have just shot himself, or found suicide by cop somewhere else really seems to involve an aspect of thrill seeking or just seeing if it could be done. Many criminals commit crimes because it gives them an endorphin rush.

[...]

And when he found TSA, did they just stand there and let him take aim with a large weapon and shoot? WTF? Were they just frozen in time? Could no one have dived under the weapon at his feet and taken him down?

[...]
Even if someone were capable of doing something that heroic it isn't something which would occur reflexively.

For one thing, this fellow was wearing military-type fatigues, which is a common military uniform, and the public has grown accustomed to the presence of uniformed people carrying military-type weapons in places like airports. Unless one has been exhaustively drilled to react to that specific situation it takes time for the brain to compute all of the separate factors and reach a conscious determination.

So until he started shooting there was nothing about his mere presence to suggest he was a definite threat. The military fatigues were a major impediment to reaching a definite conclusion about his intentions.

This is pretty much the story at this point:

The unemployed motorcycle mechanic who recently moved to Los Angeles from the small, blue-collar town of Pennsville, N.J., had a friend drop him at LAX on Friday just moments before he pulled a .223-caliber assault rifle from his duffel bag and opened fire, killing one TSA officer and wounding three other people, including two more TSA workers.

Officials do not believe that the friend knew of the shooter's plans. Ciancia arrived at the airport in a black Hyundai and was not a ticketed passenger.
LAX shooter remains heavily sedated, under guard

Motive: the most common story is:
1) He hated the TSA searches and. . .
2) He wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to get a weapon into an airport.

Could go either way couldn't it? A rightwing extremist railing against government? Or a leftwing pro gun control nut?

Or maybe he was a disturbed guy who somebody goaded into diverting attention from all the leftwingers and Muslim shooters/bombers etc. and promoting hatred for the right? (Okay I don't believe that was the case, but the efforts to politicize and make partisan issues in some of these cases is just as dumb.)

But, until you get to the security inspection area, nobody carryng a duffle bag is likely to arouse suspicion in an airport.

Bottom line, there simply is no way to eliminate all the danger we are in due to people with evil intent. There is no foolproof way to predict it or totally defend ourselves against it. The best we can do is to have means to deal with it when it happens. And for sure, sweeping some stuff under the rug because it just isn't politically correct or stretching the truth in order to demonize some group or demographic is not helping.

I

Yes, if he had the gun in a bag, this is true. I have seen many GIs in airports carrying duffle bags. Now, like it is with the old ladies who have joint replacements, GIs with duffle bags will be the new victims of the TSA. The whole thing is disgusting. I'm so damned tired of being fondled while middle eastern men and muslim women in robes bop right on in unaccosted. How convenient that their 'random' selections always bypass those who fit the terrorist profie..

When I went to Disney I had to have a stop over cuz I couldn't get a straight flight. I chose Miami because DFW is such a bitch. And I had to fly into Orlando International for Disney to pick up my bag, and to catch the Disney shuttle. Not sure it was worth it. Orlando is by far the worst I've ever been in. Most of their security people are Mexicans with an attitude. I wouldn't let them get out of my sight with my vial of medicine because it was the last one I had and I was due a cassette change as soon as I got home. They also tossed my checked suitcase, I guess because of the Tiki type wind chime I had. They kept scanning and rescanning my carry on. It went through the scanner at least 4 times. I had a daily pill box in the checked bag, it was open, and pills all over my suitcase. I didn't check to see if the one controlled med I have was still there or not. I really didn't want to know. Nor did I care. We are sheep now, and traveling comes with a price. Possibility of terrorism is not the biggest price you pay to travel by air. The indignity of body searches by dykey woman who won't change gloves every time you get searched is just disgusting.

And if you were to say anything about it Snodley Whiplash would come and throw you out of the airport.

Last edited:
[...]

[...]
Even if someone were capable of doing something that heroic it isn't something which would occur reflexively.

For one thing, this fellow was wearing military-type fatigues, which is a common military uniform, and the public has grown accustomed to the presence of uniformed people carrying military-type weapons in places like airports. Unless one has been exhaustively drilled to react to that specific situation it takes time for the brain to compute all of the separate factors and reach a conscious determination.

So until he started shooting there was nothing about his mere presence to suggest he was a definite threat. The military fatigues were a major impediment to reaching a definite conclusion about his intentions.

Then they should be trained to such an extent that an action like that would come reflexively. I have been. And I have had to use it on more than one occasion. I worked psych for 25 years and had to renew my certification in self defense, part of which is how to deal with a person who has a weapon, every year. If no one could think fast enough to take this on, then they aren't trained properly.

They can't think fast enough to take down someone with a gun, but they can think fast enough to decide who is a terrorist. That doesn't compute.

TSA is there to protect the passengers. How can they do that if they can't even protect themselves?

All they have done for passengers is to make us victims of sexual molestation. I wish I could have harder feelings about this, but I just don't. Payback can be a bitch.

Last edited:
Yes, if he had the gun in a bag, this is true. I have seen many GIs in airports carrying duffle bags. Now, like it is with the old ladies who have joint replacements, GIs with duffle bags will be the new victims of the TSA. The whole thing is disgusting. I'm so damned tired of being fondled while middle eastern men and muslim women in robes bop right on in unaccosted. How convenient that their 'random' selections always bypass those who fit the terrorist profie..

When I went to Disney I had to have a stop over cuz I couldn't get a straight flight. I chose Miami because DFW is such a bitch. And I had to fly into Orlando International for Disney to pick up my bag, and to catch the Disney shuttle. Not sure it was worth it. Orlando is by far the worst I've ever been in. Most of their security people are Mexicans with an attitude. I wouldn't let them get out of my sight with my vial of medicine because it was the last one I had and I was due a cassette change as soon as I got home. They also tossed my checked suitcase, I guess because of the Tiki type wind chime I had. They kept scanning and rescanning my carry on. It went through the scanner at least 4 times. I had a daily pill box in the checked bag, it was open, and pills all over my suitcase. I didn't check to see if the one controlled med I have was still there or not. I really didn't want to know. Nor did I care. We are sheep now, and traveling comes with a price. Possibility of terrorism is not the biggest price you pay to travel by air. The indignity of body searches by dykey woman who won't change gloves every time you get searched is just disgusting.

And if you were to say anything about it Snodley Whiplash would come and throw you out of the airport.
I believe the resentment you've expressed here is mild compared to what I've read and have heard from more than one acquaintance who has been searched by TSA. The question inevitably arises as to whether those who complain, even bitterly, about the TSA searches would prefer they were discontinued, leaving all flights vulnerable to potential terrorist action.

The situation seems to be loosely analogous to having a colonoscopy (which I am required to do every two years). I profoundly hate it, especially the diabolical laxative prep, but the bottom line is it's better than having advanced colon cancer. In this rather suitable comparison, the TSA agents are a humanized form of the laxative prep.

It explains why few if any veterans of TSA searches are sympathetic about the victim of this L.A.X. shooting.

All of you talking about how this TSA agent's death was payback or justified are really disgusting people.

Just for comparison, let's say that I were to claim that I thought that conservatives were dangerous and damaging this country, and then cheered the shooter when conservatives were murdered because well, hey, as far as I'm concerned payback's a bitch, right, shouldn't have been a douchebag conservative if you didn't want to get shot, amiright? What if I cheered the murder of a priest because hey, if he didn't want to get shot Catholic priests shouldn't have molested all those kids. Should've known it'd come back at them someday, huh?

Now if I actually felt that way - would you all think that I was a good person?

I believe the resentment you've expressed here is mild compared to what I've read and have heard from more than one acquaintance who has been searched by TSA. The question inevitably arises as to whether those who complain, even bitterly, about the TSA searches would prefer they were discontinued, leaving all flights vulnerable to potential terrorist action.

The situation seems to be loosely analogous to having a colonoscopy (which I am required to do every two years). I profoundly hate it, especially the diabolical laxative prep, but the bottom line is it's better than having advanced colon cancer. In this rather suitable comparison, the TSA agents are a humanized form of the laxative prep.

It explains why few if any veterans of TSA searches are sympathetic about the victim of this L.A.X. shooting.

Change your GI doc.
there is absolutely nothing diabolical if the prep is chosen correctly. Neither is a procedure itself - under anesthesia

Forum List

Back