🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The LAX shooter. Riddle me this!

Well, as far as I know S and W only make an AR variant. I don't see an AR mag well. If I had more time and patience I'd post an AR variant against a Mini-14 or 30 at that angle. I can't be certain, both are semi-auto and can hold 30 round mags, even though the AR is much less prone to jamming because of the way the mags feed IMO and a superior weapon in most cases*. I'm just nit picking. Matters not what semi-auto rifle was used.

my interest in the firearm simply had to do more or less

if it was street legal in California

i know they have some pretty serious gun control laws

with bans on certain firearms

the way the mag detaches from the rifle

and the size of magazines allowed

Illegal in every form under Cali law. Doesn't matter who manufactured it. It has a big mag, fires semi-auto, and has an extendable stock. It's Feinstein's worst nightmare.

It was a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 which was purchased legally at a gun store in Van Nuys, Ca.

The source said the weapon was a Smith and Wesson M&P 15, 5.56-millimeter and .223-caliber, which was purchased at the Target Range Gun Store, 16140 Cohasset St., Van Nuys. The source said the weapon is not “collapsible,” but it could “easily fit ready to fire” into the luggage bag the alleged shooter brought into the airport,

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-rifle-20131104,0,2649122.story#axzz2jtOLKITK

According to WTOP 103.5, officials said Ciancia purchased a rifle and two handguns and the purchases “appeared legal.” They added: “He didn’t buy them on the street, he didn’t buy them on the Internet–he bought them from a licensed gun dealer.”

LAX "shooting"......lmao......did anybody catch the vampire with the 50 inch chest being wheeled to an ambulance in a wheelchair!!!

This is great shit >>>>

LAX SHOOTING DUMMY - 100% Proof of Hoax - LAX False Flag MUST SEE! - YouTube

Holy shit! Couldn't be more fake. You'd think being so close to Hollyweird, they'd have better effects.

Yep......the illusionists don't even try hard anymore. The masses buy anything these days!!

Go google "Boston bombing photos amputee" and check out the guy with one leg blown off in a wheelchair!! Beyond hysterical.......5 minutes after a guy gets his leg blown off, he rolling up Main Street fully alert looking like he's heading to the local bar for a beer!! OK......and check out the photos right after the bomb went off......same guy laying on the ground on his back but........no fucking blood:lol::lol::lol:

Just like Ketchup Man at LAX laying next to a pool of "blood":lol::lol:

Wouldn't expect much more attention paid than the brain-dead pay to their video games. Hey, the characters in those are rapidly and repeatedly resurrected, too.

Here's a few:

[...]
Okay. Thanks.

The authors of those comments obviously are anti-authoritarian, which to some extent I am as well. But I will neither defend nor condemn the feelings they've expressed because I have no experience to base an opinion on. I don't fly so I've never even seen a TSA agent or watched what it is they do.

Regardless of the unquestionably valid reason for the TSA search process those whose personal orientation is anti-authoritarian will be offended by another person subjecting them to the indignity of it -- some much more than others. What came to mind when I learned about the LAX shootings is a passage from Eldridge Cleaver's book, Soul On Ice (which I read back in the sixties), in which he tells of the rage he felt toward the prison guards who subjected him to body searches, saying that indignity more than anything else about the prisoner/guard relationship made him fantasize about killing them.

So the most I can say about this now is people react differently to the TSA searches.

Those of us who have been molested have a somewhat different take on it than those who have not. And it's every time I fly and has been so in every airport I named. Dang, I forgot one - Birmingham.

The bullshit going on in airports is supposed to keep passengers safe, but it is unPC to search anyone middle eastern or in muslim garb. You might want to look up which group, muslims or American grannies, have taken down the most planes. Yet, it is always American grannies who are getting molested in airports. Never muslims. The reason this guy got as far as he did is because he has olive skin and black hair. Ding ding ding~! Looks to be of middle eastern descent. Not at all like an American granny. No one paid him any mind at all. Not even as he assembled a gun on a crowded concourse and took aim. Think about it.

Why can't you people GET this?

American grannies and crippled four-year-olds...yep, those are two groups at the top of my "watch list".

my interest in the firearm simply had to do more or less

if it was street legal in California

i know they have some pretty serious gun control laws

with bans on certain firearms

the way the mag detaches from the rifle

and the size of magazines allowed

Illegal in every form under Cali law. Doesn't matter who manufactured it. It has a big mag, fires semi-auto, and has an extendable stock. It's Feinstein's worst nightmare.

It was a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 which was purchased legally at a gun store in Van Nuys, Ca.

The source said the weapon was a Smith and Wesson M&P 15, 5.56-millimeter and .223-caliber, which was purchased at the Target Range Gun Store, 16140 Cohasset St., Van Nuys. The source said the weapon is not “collapsible,” but it could “easily fit ready to fire” into the luggage bag the alleged shooter brought into the airport,

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-rifle-20131104,0,2649122.story#axzz2jtOLKITK

According to WTOP 103.5, officials said Ciancia purchased a rifle and two handguns and the purchases “appeared legal.” They added: “He didn’t buy them on the street, he didn’t buy them on the Internet–he bought them from a licensed gun dealer.”

thanks legal

now why on earth are the cops in California calling it an assault rifle

when by their own definition of an assault rifle it is not one

also 30 round mags are banned according to their laws

yet the shooter had five

imagine that yet another prime example

of how well the gun control laws work

OK, I feel I have to repeat something I said yesterday. I have asked how he got the gun as far as he did, and disassembled in a duffle bag sounds reasonable. But so far, no reasonable answer to my previous comment about methodically assembling a gun in a crowded airport:

No one paid him any mind at all. Not even as he assembled a gun on a crowded concourse and took aim. Think about it. And it was not a tiny pistol either. It was a rifle.

It wasn't a question, but it certainly should have drawn a few comments from those who have ever stepped on a plane. I mean really, you are a passenger or TSA in a crowded airport. You see someone assembling a gun and you do nothing? This shooting defies logic on many levels. I am from KY, I know guns. If I saw someone putting one together, I would go into a shop and ask them to call security at that red hot minute. What is wrong with people? What is wrong with this entire incident? Think, people!!!

Last edited:
Go google "Boston bombing photos amputee" and check out the guy with one leg blown off in a wheelchair!! Beyond hysterical.......5 minutes after a guy gets his leg blown off, he rolling up Main Street fully alert looking like he's heading to the local bar for a beer!! OK......and check out the photos right after the bomb went off......same guy laying on the ground on his back but........no fucking blood:lol::lol:

Listen up you little asshole...if you'd ever been in combat you'd know better than to run your mouth about what you saw in Boston. He got his leg blown off alright....a blast wound often cauterizes to the point there is little blood loss. The fact he was conscious shouldn't make you giggle like a school girl either....he was in deep shock, not "heading to a local bar for a beer".....if he hadn't been in surgery within minutes he'd have been dead. I know your reality is probably playing video games stoned out of the little mind you have left...but don't show everybody how detached from reality you are if you don't like being slapped around for it.

OK, I feel I have to repeat something I said yesterday. I have asked how he got the gun as far as he did, and disassembled in a duffle bag sounds reasonable. But so far, no reasonable answer to my previous comment about methodically assembling a gun in a crowded airport:

No one paid him any mind at all. Not even as he assembled a gun on a crowded concourse and took aim. Think about it. And it was not a tiny pistol either. It was a rifle.

It wasn't a question, but it certainly should have drawn a few comments from those who have ever stepped on a plane. I mean really, you are a passenger or TSA in a crowded airport. You see someone assembling a gun and you do nothing? This shooting defies logic on many levels. I am from KY, I know guns. If I saw someone putting one together, I would go into a shop and ask them to call security at that red hot minute. What is wrong with people? What is wrong with this entire incident? Think, people!!!

From news accounts I have read, he didn't have to assemble the rifle though. All reports said he pulled the high powered rifle out of the dufflebag and began shooting. This would be so unexpected that I can imagine people would not instantly react if they saw the gunman do it. There would be that second or two of hesitation--am I really seeing this? Is this really happening?

Now mind you I am as skeptical as the next person that the media gets much of anything right. But you would think you would find at least one account of the guy assembling the rifle.

From news accounts I have read, he didn't have to assemble the rifle though. All reports said he pulled the high powered rifle out of the dufflebag and began shooting. This would be so unexpected that I can imagine people would not instantly react if they saw the gunman do it. There would be that second or two of hesitation--am I really seeing this? Is this really happening?

Now mind you I am as skeptical as the next person that the media gets much of anything right. But you would think you would find at least one account of the guy assembling the rifle.

Disassembling the rifle was one of the options I was given earlier for him being able to get it through the airport.

Either way, I am still amazed that he got a shot off. If TSA had been alert they could have tackled him before he had the full length of the gun out of the bag. I have had this kind of training in my work. No one was minding the store. That is what happened in a nutshell.

The people who run the TSA need to be asking them some questions other than just whether they need to be armed. Even if they were armed, this guy could have shot someone before they even saw him.

Disassembling the rifle was one of the options I was given earlier for him being able to get it through the airport.

Either way, I am still amazed that he got a shot off. If TSA had been alert they could have tackled him before he had the full length of the gun out of the bag. I have had this kind of training in my work. No one was minding the store. That is what happened in a nutshell.

The people who run the TSA need to be asking them some questions other than just whether they need to be armed. Even if they were armed, this guy could have shot someone before they even saw him.

Unless the guy worked at the airport, he had to go through TSA security checks. If he managed to get a firearm that big through the TSA, some of them deserved to be shot for failure to do their jobs. The rest who were on shift should be fired.

[...]

I wasn't there but I have heard and read this fellow was dressed in military fatigues and carrying a sea-bag, which is an extremely common sight in airports, bus, and train stations. Add to this the fact that our government has conditioned us to seeing people in military fatigues armed with military-type weapons in those environments, so the wholly normal and acceptable image of that common and benign presence is imprinted in the public mind.

I'm thinking if I had seen a man in military dress casually and openly assembling a shoulder-weapon in an airport, unless there was something exceptionally threatening about it I would be pre-consciously inclined to think he belonged there and was coming on duty.

Unless the guy worked at the airport, he had to go through TSA security checks. If he managed to get a firearm that big through the TSA, some of them deserved to be shot for failure to do their jobs. The rest who were on shift should be fired.

I agree. Most airports don't do the security checks until you get near the terminals. You can walk through blocks of concourse before you ever get to a security check area. Still...

[...]

I wasn't there but I have heard and read this fellow was dressed in military fatigues and carrying a sea-bag, which is an extremely common sight in airports, bus, and train stations. Add to this the fact that our government has conditioned us to seeing people in military fatigues armed with military-type weapons in those environments, so the wholly normal and acceptable image of that common and benign presence is imprinted in the public mind.

I'm thinking if I had seen a man in military dress casually and openly assembling a shoulder-weapon in an airport, unless there was something exceptionally threatening about it I would be pre-consciously inclined to think he belonged there and was coming on duty.

I have see a lot of GIs in airports. I have never seen one carrying a weapon. The TSA doesn't wear military fatigues.

[...]

What banana republic do you live in? People accustomed to seeing military members in fatigues at the airport, most certainly. Military people carrying any type of firearms anywhere on the airport, yeah...doesn't happen. We have frequent military charters come through here and they ALWAYS secure their weapons on board the aircraft, under guard. What kind of duty do fatigue-wearing military members do at your local airport, exactly?
I'm thinking your a bullshit apologist. I'm not sure why?

Have to wonder where some of you get your facts. I haven't read anything about the shooter being dressed in fatigues or getting past security before starting his shooting spree. What I read was that he was dressed like a normal passenger who got in line into security. Either right before reaching the TSA agent or as he came upon the TSA agent, he pulled out his rifle and shot him at point blank range. Nothing I came across said the TSA agent was a behavior specialist; he was just a regular TSA screener. After shooting the TSA agent, the shooter climbed the stairs leading to the checkpoint, but stopped and went back down the stairs to shoot the TSA agent again. When he got to the checkpoint, it was already deserted, so he had free access into the rest of the terminal.

Regardless of how some of you may feel about TSA, these folks aren't trained to handle these types of situations. And I don't think we would want them to be. I don't think the American public is prepared for the type of security that comes along with that brand of security force. Still, something has to be done to handle any repeat incidents. I don't believe these incidents can be prevented. It's a vulnerability that comes with the territory in any job. Think about it: what if he was ticked off at an airline instead; same thing would have happened.

This would have been a whole lot worse if he wasn't focused on killing only TSA personnel. If his intent was to "prove" how vulnerable airport security screening was, he could have killed a whole lot more people.

My sympathies go to the family of the slain TSA screener. He was a dad, husband, regular guy who went to work that day dealing with the normal hassles each of us experience from our own perspectives. Getting shot at the workplace is not something any of us expect nor are prepared to deal with.

His first mistake was taking that Mini-14 on a shooting spree. He'd have been much better off with a 12 or a .45 ACP. 5.56 doesn't pack a lot of punch.

Those morons don't need to be armed. They don't deserve it.

Forum List

Back