The Lazy Poor

I've been rich, I've been upper middle class, and now that I am middle class, I am poorer than I've ever been finding myself in an over taxed state and an over taxed federal system. I'm on the cusp of being taxed as if I were rich. Every dime I save goes to the government in taxes. Not to mention my gas is taxed my food is taxed my house is taxed my car is taxed My money is taxed 5 times for every dollar I earn.

I pay for my own healthcare my own dental.

And when I hear that people on welfare get 70,000 a year in entitlements it pisses me off.

Which entitlements are worth $70,000 a year?

Seems people would be flocking to be poor

Indeed, let's see it. Note that there is no link to hard data about this. Right wingers are terrified of hard, irrefutable data. They much prefer hysterical rants by Sean, Ann, Bill, Glenn, Alex, and Rush. Those are their sources.

Heaven forbid they actually use their computer for corroborating information. They just use it to scream on this board.

Rental subsidies around $800/mo, energy subsidies @ about $400/household, medical premiums around $200/per, FS @ $184/per, tanf @ $340/per.

That's $9600 in rent, $4800 energy assistance, $12000 in medical premiums, 11184....

Ok, it's $37,584 for a family of 5, bare bones.

So we have established that Republicans do not want to offer employment opportunities because......they are too fucking lazy to take them

So Republicans what is your solution?

Who says anyone has to have a solution because to be perfectly honest, there isn't one.

There will always be poor out there. The poor have been there throughout history.
Until the poor decide to get themselves out of poverty we will always have poverty.

Welfare is a bandaid that most of them take advantage of. They could care where the money comes from as long as they don't have to earn it.

We will always need welfare, better that then the crime rate would go thru the roof and yes people do take advantage of it, but no one likes seeing children abandon on street corners begging for a dime.

Shouldn't Social Services remove children from a home in which there is chronically/long term insufficient food or the kids are otherwise neglected or dangerously deprived? That used to be the norm. Not getting to keep your kid and not getting any government money is a pretty good incentive for the irresponsible parent to not get intentionally pregnant and not have kids they expect the government to support along with themselves.

Last edited:
Who says anyone has to have a solution because to be perfectly honest, there isn't one.

There will always be poor out there. The poor have been there throughout history.
Until the poor decide to get themselves out of poverty we will always have poverty.

Welfare is a bandaid that most of them take advantage of. They could care where the money comes from as long as they don't have to earn it.

We will always need welfare, better that then the crime rate would go thru the roof and yes people do take advantage of it, but no one likes seeing children abandon on street corners begging for a dime.

Shouldn't Social Services remove children from a home in which there is chronically/long term insufficient food or the kids are otherwise neglected or dangerously deprived? That used to be the norm. Not getting to keep your kid and not getting any government money is a pretty good incentive for the irresponsible parent to not get intentionally pregnant and not have kids they expect the government to support along with themselves.

guess I am showing my liberal side. but where would we put all these kids? do you really want to have the Nazi police go full force taking kids away from their parents just because they are poor and can not find a decent job?

Poor houses/orphanages/homes. Like the good old days.

The thing is, when there aren't a bunch of "programs" to leech off of, there are a lot fewer vagrant/hungry kids and single parent households. When irresponsibility earns you the censure of your community and the removal of your children people tend to be a lot more responsible.

The thing is, when there aren't a bunch of "programs" to leech off of, there are a lot fewer vagrant/hungry kids and single parent households. When irresponsibility earns you the censure of your community and the removal of your children people tend to be a lot more responsible.

As a catholic not many Father Flanagan types around anymore and what your saying is another government program with overhead. just give them the money.they are not rich but it keeps them from robbing people and we dont need to be a third world country and why not just take their kids and kill them? your argument is just stupid..

Dickens as a model for the treatment of poverty

As a catholic not many Father Flanagan types around anymore and what your saying is another government program with overhead. just give them the money.they are not rich but it keeps them from robbing people and we dont need to be a third world country and why not just take their kids and kill them? your argument is just stupid..

Well I don't know you and don't mean this personally. But those of us who think it is not compassion that keeps politicians and bureaucrats in office when they pay people to stay poor so the 'poor' will keep voting for the politicians, it seems even more counter productive to pay people not to commit criminal acts.

A society that punishes success while it rewards failure and bad choices is pretty likely to see a whole lot more failure and bad choices and a whole lot less success.

You don't tell people that. You tell them that they can do it.

And they can.

Well I don't know you and don't mean this personally. But those of us who think it is not compassion that keeps politicians and bureaucrats in office when they pay people to stay poor so the 'poor' will keep voting for the politicians, it seems even more counter productive to pay people not to commit criminal acts.

A society that punishes success while it rewards failure and bad choices is pretty likely to see a whole lot more failure and bad choices and a whole lot less success.

Idk not really arguing the the rewards of not trying. their is many good people that lost good paying jobs and ended up hungry they just want a hand up not a hand out. I have seen it talking to folks in my travels thru the U.S. and most of them just need it for a couple months.

Last edited:
Why don't you? We've all seen enough of your act...

Tell us specifically why getting rid of free public education for the Poor will improve their circumstance in America.

"We"?

Oh...you and Ms. Truthie!

A marriage made in Heaven!

Your claim was that the government has no business redistributing wealth. Public education is a direct redistribution of wealth.

Since you thus believe that all public education should end, I'm asking you to tell us specifically why getting rid of free public education for the Poor will improve their circumstance in America.

Anyone want to help PC out here? She wants to eliminate all public education for the Poor,

presumably because it will make America a better place.

Someone tell us HOW it will make America a better place.

"We"?

Your claim was that the government has no business redistributing wealth. Public education is a direct redistribution of wealth.

Since you thus believe that all public education should end, I'm asking you to tell us specifically why getting rid of free public education for the Poor will improve their circumstance in America.

Anyone want to help PC out here? She wants to eliminate all public education for the Poor,

Idk, no she dont, but you know her better then me. to I she is just a girl that cares about the U.S. like the liberal truth matters poster.

Idk, no she dont, but you know her better then me. to I she is just a girl that cares about the U.S. like the liberal truth matters poster.

She said the government has no business redistributing wealth. Public school is a wealth redistribution, therefore,

if she is genuine in her asserted beliefs, she would prefer that public schooling cease to exist.

Public school is wealth redistribution?

Where did she say that?

Oh wait, she didn't. YOU said that.

So why would she defend a stance she never asserted?

Making one of those afore-mentioned leaps into thin air again, I see....

DSC_3927.JPG

Last edited:
The only issue with your scenario is that there are neighborhoods where generational welfare takes place......thanks to Democrats continuing to provide "assistance" for votes.....and those people think jobs are for chumps. They don't care about jobs. Republicans are not offering them something they want. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

You bet. Most of em do no want a job. They want the taxpayers of America to fund their lives for them. They don't have to get up and go to work or worry about where the money to pay the bills will come from.

Shit. You have Grandma, Mom and grandkid all with their illigitimate kids on welfare. No way will any of em get off their asses and take care of themselves. Why should they when we the taxpayer are forced to support them.

Of course they vote Democratic. Why wouldn't they. Thats the party that has foisted their responsibility onto the taxpayers of this country.

So we have established that Republicans do not want to offer employment opportunities because......they are too fucking lazy to take them

So Republicans what is your solution?

no, what we've determined is the democrats have a lock on the inner cities. they have for decades. they even have a lock on the community leaders. they have for decades too, and the message of those leaders since the days of Malcolm X have been let us control the business in our own communities. it's a locked society under democratic control. you want change, it has to start with the democrats. your boys. you admit they've done nothing. so make them do something. why do you continue to support a party you know is the root of the problem

"We"?

"She wants to eliminate all public education for the Poor."

This is the fifth or sixth time you've outright lied, as I have responded each time with

"Link?
...or lie?"

I love when a bottom-feeding mouth-breather like you posts as champion of the Liberal breed....

No matter the revelations and truth that I provide, it is when folks see the scum on your side of the argument, and to what they must resort , it becomes clear where honorable folks must line up.

And it's not with you.

Keep on!

1. This is Star Parker: "Parker was born to mostly absent parents and raised in a nonreligious home; she says she was raised "by the secular 'I'm okay, you're okay' doctrine that says people should be allowed to make their own rules and shouldn't judge other people's lives."

Nothing makes conservatives more happy than a self-loathing minority..

Forum List

Back