"The Left Is Killing Free Speech"

Great example of my point, thanks.

It's not an example of anything. Tell me what's brave about this? Am I brave if I say Bill Clinton should have kept his pants on?
Ugh.

As you know, she's a proud, long-time Democrat who hates seeing what has become of much of her party. Just as a proud, long-term Republican would on their side.

She wrote this knowing full well that she would be attacked, as we see here, by her own party, and that it would probably cost her certain relationships and opportunities. I call that brave, you are not required to.

Please don't be obtuse.

1. She works for Fox. She slit her own throat on that when she took the blood money.
2. I don't see anyone attacking her but me so far, and I'm mostly attacking her book, but now that I know she was fucking Anthony Weiner and thinks Jesus came to visit her the fun can begin.
You're clearly looking at this from a partisan political perspective, which means you're not going to address or admit to any of her points.

I provided the links below as further evidence that more and more committed Democrats are admitting what is happening.

They don't work for Fox.

You really think that whether a comedian's act is liked or disliked has anything to do with 'killing' free speech?

wow
Amazing how much you chose not to see in those links.

Always fascinating to see how obedient adherence to hardcore partisan ideology distorts perception.

I believe you. I believe that's all you got from those links.

"wow"

6. 53% of the faculty on college campuses had 'cool' and/or negative feelings toward evangelicals. [http://www.jewishresearch.org/PDFs2/FacultyReligion07.pdf]

Think this sort of bigotry would be allowed if it targeted blacks or gays?

Bigotry? Pardon me?

Articulate your point.

There's a big difference between true bigotry and people on the left not enjoying the company of people who consistently claim anyone who thinks differently will be sent to burn in a firey pit by some celestial North Korea.

100 million killed by Leftist regimes in the last century alone.
Lest you miss the point, today's Democrat Party espouses the same aims that the Communist Party, USA did.
True story.

8. As has been posted before in these threads, and proven by Liberal/Progressive acolytes on this board, we regularly find an "aggressive, illiberal impulse to silence people." Kirsten Powers, "The Silencing: How The Left Is Killing Free Speech"

The Left is opposed to all sorts of things, but the behavior that is most harmful to American values is the attacks on free speech, debate, and dissent.

There is no possibility, for the Left, that any disagreement is acceptable, and, in fact, may be correct.

9." Dissent from liberal orthodoxy is cast as racism, misogyny, bigotry, phobia, and, as we have seen, even violence. If you criticize the lack of due process for male college students accused of rape, you are a rape apologist.

People who are anti-abortion rights don't care about the unborn; they are misogynist who want to control women.

Those who oppose same-sex marriage don't have rational, traditional views about marriage that deserve respect or debate; they are bigots and homophobes.

When conservatives opposed the Affordable Care Act's 'contraceptive mandate' it wasn't due to a differing philosophy about the role of government...they were waging a "War on Women."
Powers, Op. Cit.

What's an argument against equal marriage rights for gays that isn't bigoted or homophobic?

You are describing PoliticalChick. Virtually all of her threads quickly break down into her refusing to respond to challenges about her quotes being taken out of context and distorted, constantly deflecting, using opinions as facts and her sources being unacceptable in an academic setting, etc. This is a good example. It is a book by a biased commentator and offers agenda driven opinions. Her debating points culled from this kind of source are refuted with scientific and academically recognized source material that she ignores and simply repeats the biased source she has selected for her argument. Her supporters whine that she is being treated unfairly because she somehow should have the right to use politically biased commentary the same way as academically accepted sources that have been peer reviewed for accuracy. PolitcalChick does not debate, she lectures and misleads.

Mean while you have provided a classic example by being a douche bag and character assassinating another.................

194804_5_.png

Either she doesn't know any real liberals, or she's suffering from Stockholm Syndrome after working for Fox News.

And you guys aren't losing Free Speech, you're losing your default ability to lord it over the rest of us, pun intended, and have your faith be the only fucking one that matters. Talk it up, boys.

You people /your people are using the FCC and IRS as weapons against free speech. It's why Lois Lerner shut up and destroyed her emails. It's why you first pursued resuscitation of the antiquated Fairness Doctrine.....when that failed, you found some sheep's clothing in the form of Net Neutrality.
The Fairness Doctrine should never have been revoked. It's why there's nothing like decent news anymore. And net neutrality is about protecting free speech, not suppressing it.

And PC, tell us, exactly, what are the first ten words that begin page 122?

Last edited:
You are describing PoliticalChick. Virtually all of her threads quickly break down into her refusing to respond to challenges about her quotes being taken out of context and distorted, constantly deflecting, using opinions as facts and her sources being unacceptable in an academic setting, etc. This is a good example. It is a book by a biased commentator and offers agenda driven opinions. Her debating points culled from this kind of source are refuted with scientific and academically recognized source material that she ignores and simply repeats the biased source she has selected for her argument. Her supporters whine that she is being treated unfairly because she somehow should have the right to use politically biased commentary the same way as academically accepted sources that have been peer reviewed for accuracy. PolitcalChick does not debate, she lectures and misleads.

Hey you ignorant moron, you don't have to read no fucking book .............

Open your eyes stupid and look around, not only are you making a complete fool of yourself but my views are based on real world experiences with piece's of shit like you, you nasty fucking piece of shit ......................

Mean while you have provided a classic example by being a douche bag and character assassinating another.................

He's pretty good at lying, too.

6. 53% of the faculty on college campuses had 'cool' and/or negative feelings toward evangelicals. [http://www.jewishresearch.org/PDFs2/FacultyReligion07.pdf]

Bigotry? Pardon me?

Articulate your point.

There's a big difference between true bigotry and people on the left not enjoying the company of people who consistently claim anyone who thinks differently will be sent to burn in a firey pit by some celestial North Korea.

Lest you miss the point, today's Democrat Party espouses the same aims that the Communist Party, USA did.
True story.
The Communists like the Dems about as much as they like Sarah Palin. Probably less most days because they aren't supposed to be such Wall Street cocksucking assholes.

a. The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…

Which liberals on this forum refuse to debate the issues?

I wouldn't call what most of them do "debate"

Kirsten is laughable in a debate. She can't hold her own when up against intelligent panels. I put her on mute just as I put Sarah Palin on mute.

It's not an example of anything. Tell me what's brave about this? Am I brave if I say Bill Clinton should have kept his pants on?
Ugh.

As you know, she's a proud, long-time Democrat who hates seeing what has become of much of her party. Just as a proud, long-term Republican would on their side.

She wrote this knowing full well that she would be attacked, as we see here, by her own party, and that it would probably cost her certain relationships and opportunities. I call that brave, you are not required to.

Please don't be obtuse.

1. She works for Fox. She slit her own throat on that when she took the blood money.
2. I don't see anyone attacking her but me so far, and I'm mostly attacking her book, but now that I know she was fucking Anthony Weiner and thinks Jesus came to visit her the fun can begin.
You're clearly looking at this from a partisan political perspective, which means you're not going to address or admit to any of her points.

I provided the links below as further evidence that more and more committed Democrats are admitting what is happening.

They don't work for Fox.

You really think that whether a comedian's act is liked or disliked has anything to do with 'killing' free speech?

wow

Always fascinating to see how obedient adherence to hardcore partisan ideology distorts perception.

"wow"

So I'm not allowed to exercise my free speech of choosing to address the points one at a time?

Nazi. lololol

Bigotry? Pardon me?

Articulate your point.

True story.

How many killed by modern American liberals?

194804_5_.png

Either she doesn't know any real liberals, or she's suffering from Stockholm Syndrome after working for Fox News.

And you guys aren't losing Free Speech, you're losing your default ability to lord it over the rest of us, pun intended, and have your faith be the only fucking one that matters. Talk it up, boys.

You people /your people are using the FCC and IRS as weapons against free speech. It's why Lois Lerner shut up and destroyed her emails. It's why you first pursued resuscitation of the antiquated Fairness Doctrine.....when that failed, you found some sheep's clothing in the form of Net Neutrality.
The Fairness Doctrine should never have been revoked. It's why there's nothing like decent news anymore. And net neutrality is about protecting free speech, not suppressing it.

1. "The Fairness Doctrine should never have been revoked. "

So.....how do you decide between wearing the brown shirt, or waving the red flag?

2. "And net neutrality is about protecting free speech,..."
Of course it is...that is Obama's history....not.

a. "Chicago radio station WGN-AM is again coming under attack from the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama for offering airtime to a controversial author.

It is the second time in recent weeks the station has been the target of an "Obama Action Wire" alert to supporters of the Illinois Democrat."
Obama Vs. WGN Take Two

Monday night's target was David Freddoso, who the campaign said was scheduled to be on the station from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Chicago time.

b. "The official White House blog now asks Americans: “If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].”
Morning Bell The People Spreading Disinformation About Obamacare

A person has to have some kind of character to assassinate it.

Bigotry? Pardon me?

Articulate your point.

True story.

The point, madam, is that the use of the word bigotry is undeniably absurd and shows just how dismissive many on the far right really are. It is a claim usually made by the left of the far right and instead of countering with a real argument, she comes up with utter nonsense.

a. The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…

Which liberals on this forum refuse to debate the issues?

I wouldn't call what most of them do "debate"
On this site anything like "debate" is rare. The "now that faggots can marry I can marry my gym bag" doesn't actually count as debate.
Neither does using the word 'racist' exclusively to silence rebuttal.

However, idiots are going to be stupid and the left has an abundance.

Who does that? Who on the EXCLUSIVELY uses the word 'racist' to silence rebuttal?

How about we compare that to the rampant use of 'PC police' to silence rebuttal?

194804_5_.png

1. "The Fairness Doctrine should never have been revoked. "

So.....how do you decide between wearing the brown shirt, or waving the red flag?

2. "And net neutrality is about protecting free speech,..."
Of course it is...that is Obama's history....not.

a. "Chicago radio station WGN-AM is again coming under attack from the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama for offering airtime to a controversial author.

It is the second time in recent weeks the station has been the target of an "Obama Action Wire" alert to supporters of the Illinois Democrat."
Obama Vs. WGN Take Two

Monday night's target was David Freddoso, who the campaign said was scheduled to be on the station from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Chicago time.

b. "The official White House blog now asks Americans: “If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].”
Morning Bell The People Spreading Disinformation About Obamacare
And tell us, exactly, what are the first ten words that begin page 122? Either post the words, or you're lying eh?

Ugh.

Please don't be obtuse.

They don't work for Fox.

wow

"wow"

Instead of resorting to infantile namecalling, why don't you refute what I pointed out?

Or is your silence a concession that you have no refutation?

Again,

what does whether a comedian's act is liked or disliked have anything to do with 'killing' free speech?

Ugh.

Please don't be obtuse.

They don't work for Fox.

wow

"wow"

So I'm not allowed to exercise my free speech of choosing to address the points one at a time?

Nazi. lololol
That, of course, is not what I said.

And...

DING!!

As USMB's King of the Straw Man, you are allowed one (1) "that's not what I said" per thread.

You may attempt to communicate with me on another thread, and I will make a determination at that time whether I will choose to respond.

You're like clockwork, I'll give ya that!

:laugh:

I'd like to hear where the Right has been forcibly silenced in a manner that violated legitimately protected free speech rights in the Constitution.

And, importantly, I'd like to hear enough of those examples to where it goes beyond isolated anecdotes and thus is widespread enough to justify a broadbrush labeling of Liberalism.

Forum List

Back