The Left Is Making Up Events In The News To Create Symbolic Issues That Fit Their Agenda

The people on this message board have awakened to the fact that you, Stephanie, are a parrot and have the judgment of a parrot. Get a tin foil hate, toss the Limbaugh Letter in the trash and find out where on the radio you can find NPR, and on the TV PBS.

In a few months you might be capable of posting something thoughtful (or suffer cognitive dissonance and need meds. But first the health care professional would need to rule in cognition which might be very difficult).
NPR is nothing more than government funded propaganda.

They like to talk about Demcrat talking-points.

1. Income concentrations
  2. Climate change
  3. Rape on campus
  4. Profiling
  5. Open Borders
  6. Israeli atrocities
  7. United Nations
  8. Gun-control
  9. Income inequality
  10. Obama doing wonderful things
  11. Racism by the police

You Lie! NPR and PBS have many corporate and citizen contributors, major funding for excellent programming far beyond the interests and understanding of one issue voters and the dim of wit. Lies by omission are still lies!

Your list is abbreviated and yet proves that NPR/PBS program's topical issues also broadcast by network and cable, but NPR presents a more comprehensive and balanced approach then any of the other sources.

Parroting the conservative meme as you do makes you appear banal, truth always upsets conservatives, it's the pill of death to their agendas since hate and fear are absent.

Yes, they have sponsors, but they are also funded by the federal government. If they weren't, they would be history like Air-America is.

PBS is television and is more viable. Also they have some really good programming. My mom watches it all of the time. It's just about the only decent programming these days. No filth and violence. No guys swapping spit. Children's programs and old shows from the past. If they try going the way of MSNBC people will drop them like a bad habit.

What profound ignorance. AirAmerica was a commercial enterprise. It no longer exists due to bad management although its model still does. MSNBC is also commercial. And being commercial they are going to, by necessity, scrape whatever bottom of whatever barrel they have to in order to draw audience, which when you go commercial is what you have to do.

That's an entirely different animal from public broadcasting. And what support NPR does get from the government is a fraction of the support its cognates get in other "first world" nations like Germany, Japan and even Canada, and it still makes up a minority of its financial structure. More of it comes from audience donations and -- sadly-- some degree of corporate underwriting. And I say 'sadly' because that puts it in the same vulnerable position that commercial broadcasters are in -- being beholden to corporate influence. And that's the whole idea that public broadcasting was created to avoid. But that's the slippery slope you venture down when you don't give public broadcasting the support it needs to stay independent and free of that corporate corruption.

Spot on! I enjoy your posts; All Things Considered it is a breath of Fresh Air.

Thangyew. To be honest now that I have access to CBC in my car (satellite) I rarely ever hear ATC any more. Canadian fare is most of the time more interesting as well as more comprehensive. Of course it gets a better level of support than our public broadcasters get too -- and it has NO corporate underwriting.

But then Canada doesn't have ... Lush Rimjob! :eusa_dance: So I wonder who got the better end of that particular stick.

Ah -- the road not taken....

NPR is nothing more than government funded propaganda.

They like to talk about Demcrat talking-points.

1. Income concentrations
  2. Climate change
  3. Rape on campus
  4. Profiling
  5. Open Borders
  6. Israeli atrocities
  7. United Nations
  8. Gun-control
  9. Income inequality
  10. Obama doing wonderful things
  11. Racism by the police

You Lie! NPR and PBS have many corporate and citizen contributors, major funding for excellent programming far beyond the interests and understanding of one issue voters and the dim of wit. Lies by omission are still lies!

Your list is abbreviated and yet proves that NPR/PBS program's topical issues also broadcast by network and cable, but NPR presents a more comprehensive and balanced approach then any of the other sources.

Parroting the conservative meme as you do makes you appear banal, truth always upsets conservatives, it's the pill of death to their agendas since hate and fear are absent.

Yes, they have sponsors, but they are also funded by the federal government. If they weren't, they would be history like Air-America is.

PBS is television and is more viable. Also they have some really good programming. My mom watches it all of the time. It's just about the only decent programming these days. No filth and violence. No guys swapping spit. Children's programs and old shows from the past. If they try going the way of MSNBC people will drop them like a bad habit.

What profound ignorance. AirAmerica was a commercial enterprise. It no longer exists due to bad management although its model still does. MSNBC is also commercial. And being commercial they are going to, by necessity, scrape whatever bottom of whatever barrel they have to in order to draw audience, which when you go commercial is what you have to do.

That's an entirely different animal from public broadcasting. And what support NPR does get from the government is a fraction of the support its cognates get in other "first world" nations like Germany, Japan and even Canada, and it still makes up a minority of its financial structure. More of it comes from audience donations and -- sadly-- some degree of corporate underwriting. And I say 'sadly' because that puts it in the same vulnerable position that commercial broadcasters are in -- being beholden to corporate influence. And that's the whole idea that public broadcasting was created to avoid. But that's the slippery slope you venture down when you don't give public broadcasting the support it needs to stay independent and free of that corporate corruption.

Thangyew. To be honest now that I have access to CBC in my car (satellite) I rarely ever hear ATC any more. Canadian fare is most of the time more interesting as well as more comprehensive. Of course it gets a better level of support than our public broadcasters get too -- and it has NO corporate underwriting.

But then Canada doesn't have ... Lush Rimjob! :eusa_dance: So I wonder who got the better end of that particular stick.

I've found I can listen to CBC on line, I'm looking forward to looking over their programming and getting their perspective on how FU our Congress has become. Can you imagine how Will Rogers or Mark Twain might characterize our government today?

The phallus is phased in over a period of time to prolong the enjoyment. The result is still $ 15.00/hr isn't it?
OK, the thread is about media making stuff up. I posted a link from a well know credible conservative business publication for an investigative essay about how false stories are created by the media to fit an agenda bubble audience. It is done by modern "news" sources from all sides of the political spectrum. If you want to believe some distorted nonsense that one segment is more dishonest than the other and therefore excuses the use of misrepresentation by others you have every right to that misperception and fantasy.
OK, Forbes is not conservative.
It was an opinion piece, not an investigative essay.
The Left is thoroughly dishonest. The Right only occasionally so.
Until recently, when a flurry of extremist began claiming they were the true conservatives, FORBES has always been considered a balanced conservative leaning publication. Some refer to them now as have a centrist conservative leaning posture. Conservapedia continues to list them as a conservative publication.

conservapedia.com/Conservapedia_media

Investigative essays can have spin or commentary in them but they are not purely opinion pieces. Essays require a level of journalistic standards not required in pure commentary pieces. You don't seem to know the difference, but now you do.

Your bias in regards to which sides media is more dishonest that the other is noted.
^^
Total bullshit.
I've had a subscription to Forbes for about 2 years. I can tell you they arent conservative.

(in the eyes of the beholder) Maybe Rabbi is so far extreme, his perspective is effected.
Affected.
No. I am conservative and they are not.

To sum it all up; Liberals and progressives will only believe what fits inside their ideological beliefs. Anything that doesn't fit isn't believable to them. It's like the simple fact that most blacks feel that white cops are suspicious of them (for good reason) and why gays feel that straight folks, and particularly Christians, think they are perverts. This is what Democrats are trying to take advantage of. Their innate prejudices and bigotry of specific groups. These folks are much more easily misled that others.

Those diabolical progressives, they have some people fooled into believing that racism, hatred, and bigotry exist. How can people be so naive, so gullible? Obviously those problems would go away if we simply ignored them.

To sum it all up; Liberals and progressives will only believe what fits inside their ideological beliefs. Anything that doesn't fit isn't believable to them. It's like the simple fact that most blacks feel that white cops are suspicious of them (for good reason) and why gays feel that straight folks, and particularly Christians, think they are perverts. This is what Democrats are trying to take advantage of. Their innate prejudices and bigotry of specific groups. These folks are much more easily misled that others.

Those diabolical progressives, they have some people fooled into believing that racism, hatred, and bigotry exist. How can people be so naive, so gullible? Obviously those problems would go away if we simply ignored them.
They exist.......but not as much as the race-baiters on the left would lead everyone to believe.
If you can't win with your ideas, lie. If you can't lie convincingly, throw out the race-card.

The left believes that the end justifies the means and they feel no guilt about lying to shape public opinion. Just like Reid lied about Romney not paying taxes before the election. When asked if he regretted it or was sorry, he just said well, Romney didn't win, did he? It's as if he succeeded in tilting the election by lying on the senate floor so it made it all okay.

The owners of news are closely tied to the Obama administration with many married or otherwise related, so the White House is calling the shots as to what news shows cover or not.

Everyone is familiar with "Hands Up, Don't Shoot". We found out the whole thing was made up by lying journalists, perpetrated by a tax-cheat, Al Sharpton, and encouraged and prodded along by a dishonest president.
The left and Democrats don't need real events anymore. They can just make em up when needed. There are enough people out there that have bought into their alternate universe..... and so every new lie becomes just a reaffirmation of what they all believe is going on......regardless of the fact it was all made up in the first place.

Why the Rolling Stone gang-rape story will never be labeled a hoax WashingtonExaminer.com

w200-37c553deec087f18a067d0c0a7e90b8a.jpg

By now it's clear that the brutal gang rape reported last November in Rolling Stone did not occur. I write that, knowing full well the backlash I could receive from not adding the caveat that something could still have happened to Jackie, the accuser in the story.

Activists have clung to the idea that something probably did happen to make a young woman tell a tale of a brutal gang rape and become a campus activist to keep the hoax claims isolated to a small subset. These same activists bent over backwards following the Charlottesville Police press conference last week to claim that Jackie probably wasn't lying, because such a false accusation "flies in the face of statistics," as one CNN panelist said. Of course, the statistic that only 2 percent of reported rapes are false – doubtful anyway – only applies to rapes actually reported to police, which this one was not.

But in any event, the faint possibility that Jackie may have suffered some other horrific event is not the reason this story will not be labeled a hoax by activists or most in the mainstream media.

No, the reason it will not be labeled a hoax comes from an anonymous McGill University student, using the pseudonym Aurora Dagny, who wrote last year that dogmatism is in part to blame for activists' refusal to accept evidence contrary to their worldview.

"One way to define the difference between a regular belief and a sacred belief is that people who hold sacred beliefs think it is morally wrong for anyone to question those beliefs," Dagny wrote. "If someone does question those beliefs, they're not just being stupid or even depraved, they're actively doing violence. They might as well be kicking a puppy. When people hold sacred beliefs, there is no disagreement without animosity."

Because the activists behind the Rolling Stone story hold a "sacred belief" that thousands, perhaps even millions, of college students are sexually assaulted each year, any evidence to the contrary is seen as detrimental to the cause.

It's why Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., was able to continue calling Jackie a "victim" of a crime for which there is no proof. It's why the University of Virginia's president, Teresa Sullivan, and those responsible for vandalizing the fraternity named in the Rolling Stone article have not had to apologize for their rush to judgment.

Here's the fake story from Rolling Stone - A Rape on Campus A Brutal Assault and Struggle for Justice at UVA Rolling Stone

You're speaking of Relativism... OKA: the species of reason that manifest evil.

And there's really not much more to it.

Good post... I enjoyed reading it.

The right contrives lies and straw man fallacies to advance their agenda, this thread being one of many examples

LOL! I love these... but only because I'm a world class under-achiever.

Mrs. Jones, I couldn't help but to notice that ya opted not to post any sustaining evidence... help me prove that the reason ya did so, was that your contribution is a contrived lie, resting upon straw reasoning, by failing to do so... .

Naturally, once a reasonable period of time has passed, I'll note and accept your concession.

I've found I can listen to CBC on line, I'm looking forward to looking over their programming and getting their perspective on how FU our Congress has become. Can you imagine how Will Rogers or Mark Twain might characterize our government today?

ROFLMNAO! Yes, I can and you wouldn't like it much.

They exist.......but not as much as the race-baiters on the left would lead everyone to believe.
If you can't win with your ideas, lie. If you can't lie convincingly, throw out the race-card.

Ironic post, since the last time we tangled you were the one doing the race baiting.... :eusa_whistle:

The right contrives lies and straw man fallacies to advance their agenda, this thread being one of many examples
here is a great one about restaurants closing in Seattle due to the mandatory minimum wage increase and it is a current topic and thread. Such a big lie and fake story that the pro business conservative publication FORBES produced an article about it calling it the "Anatomy of a Lie".
what Article in Forbes this one?
Proof Perfect That The Minimum Wage Costs Jobs - Forbes

Btw I have had a Subscription to forbes since the 80s
No, this one. The one you posted is an opinion commentary.

forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2015/03/22/minimum-wage-increase-killing-seattle-restaurants-anatomy-of-a-lie-from-inside-the-bubble/
You understand that's not an article, right?

The creation of stories to confirm and inflame is nothing new. Sharpton got his fame from the Tawana Brawley fraud over 30 years ago.
The funny thing is even when things are disproven conclusively belief in them lives on. Thus the link between autism and vaccines was thoroughly discredited. The author of the study admitted he made it up. But many people still think there is such a thing. Some people still believe Tawana Brawley was raped by white officials. And many people obviously believe Obama is doing a good job, despite ample evidence to the contrary. Moral: People are stupid.
Exactly! Useful idiots believe what liberals say happened. It's called hearsay. It's also called monkey see monkey do. The useful idiots believed Harry Reid when he lied about Romney's taxes.

Liberals are proud to be successful liars as to them, the end justifies the means.

So what if I lied to get here! I'm here, ain't I?

THAT is a habit more prevalent in the liberal side of life.

LIE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT!

The people in this country needs to wake up to the fact. Most of this lamestream media has become an enemy to a lot them.

they aren't "reporting" the news. They are DRIVING the news and has become a danger to us

The people on this message board have awakened to the fact that you, Stephanie, are a parrot and have the judgment of a parrot. Get a tin foil hate, toss the Limbaugh Letter in the trash and find out where on the radio you can find NPR, and on the TV PBS.

In a few months you might be capable of posting something thoughtful (or suffer cognitive dissonance and need meds. But first the health care professional would need to rule in cognition which might be very difficult).
I see you tune in to THE most liberal sophisticated shit available. How snooty of you!

"race-baiters"? Name them and post examples. I can easily name names:
Shoot Speeders is one.

Mudwhistle is parroting how I have characterized those on the far right, and what I have had to say about the Crazy New Right (CNR) for years. What I don't do, is to characterize the entire set of conservatives as one and the same. The CNR considers everyone who disagree with them as an enemy of Capitalism and either a Marxist, Socialist, Communist or Fascist - some believe all are the same.

Another difference, I post how the ideology of the Crazy New Right limits their thinking, for some willfully, and others because they have been brainwashed and can't accept anything which challenges what they believe. A few are, frankly, stupid.

One other characteristic very common to the set of the Crazy Right Wing (CRW) is there efforts to call out others for acting as they act. The Big Lie echoed among them is common as are the circular arguments and opinions on critical issues sans facts.

"race-baiters"? Name them and post examples. I can easily name names:
Shoot Speeders is one.

Mudwhistle is parroting how I have characterized those on the far right, and what I have had to say about the Crazy New Right (CNR) for years. What I don't do, is to characterize the entire set of conservatives as one and the same. The CNR considers everyone who disagree with them as an enemy of Capitalism and either a Marxist, Socialist, Communist or Fascist - some believe all are the same.

Another difference, I post how the ideology of the Crazy New Right limits their thinking, for some willfully, and others because they have been brainwashed and can't accept anything which challenges what they believe. A few are, frankly, stupid.

One other characteristic very common to the set of the Crazy Right Wing (CRW) is there efforts to call out others for acting as they act. The Big Lie echoed among them is common as are the circular arguments and opinions on critical issues sans facts.

You quoted my post yet talked like you were talking to someone else.

I don't see your point other than you are projecting your qualities onto others.

The people in this country needs to wake up to the fact. Most of this lamestream media has become an enemy to a lot them.

they aren't "reporting" the news. They are DRIVING the news and has become a danger to us

I see you tune in to THE most liberal sophisticated shit available. How snooty of you!

Not at all, for entertainment I listen to LImbaugh and Hannity on AM 560; a station once very popular and now all conservative to the extreme - they even have given Michael Savage and Mark Levin a job. All four have given me a foundation in understanding the ideology of hate and fear (as have the members of the Crazy New Right who post here).

What I can't quite understand is how their fans can stomach constant hate & fear mongering, serious monologues of far fetched conspiracies and character assassinations of anyone who dares to challenge them, both pols, journalists and callers to them. For the latter Limbaugh is a master, for he cuts them off in mid sentence - cuts the connection so they cannot respond - and lectures them. It is effective and so comical.

BTW, only liars, parrots and the totally ignorant characterize NPR and PBS as "The most liberal and sophisticated shit available". Since you've never listened to NPR I'll offer an opportunity to educate you.

Listen to NPR, here:

NPR All Programs A-Z

Last edited:

Forum List

Back