The Liberal War on the Black Family

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The following, largely based on "Marriage and Civilization: How Monogamy Made Us Human," by William Tucker, chapter 21

1. In 1965, the Assistant Secretary of Labor under LBJ was Daniel Patrick Moynihan. The prescient Moynihan published a memo warning of the "coming crisis" of single parent families among African-Americans:
"The Negro Family: The Case For National Action." http://www.dol.gov/dol/aboutdol/history/webid-meynihan.htm

2. Moynihan pointed to the statistic of black children born out of wedlock, 25% at that time, a fact that had never occurred in any other culture. More shocking, the occurrence was independent of poverty and of unemployment:
in the 60's, with black unemployment approaching unprecedentedly low levels, welfare rolls were climbing!

3. Moynihan identified the source of the problem as a rise of illegitimacy and the breakdown in family formation. It was not an increase in pregnancy, but that African-American women were no longer marrying the fathers of their children: instead, they were going on the welfare rolls.

4. He correctly predicted that this portended problems far greater than racial discrimination or civil rights. He warned that this would produce intergenerational poverty,
.... men no longer held to the traditional responsibilities of child support and protecting families,
....and cause delinquency, joblessness, school failure, crime, and all that became known as 'underclass' behaviors.

5. What happens when opinions are posed that run counter to Liberal doctrine, political correctness? Yup....he was called a racist, and that it was all due to discrimination and the legacy of slavery, and nothing at all to do with family breakdown.

6. Right on cue, enter battalions of Liberal academics producing studies designed to show that there was nothing wrong with single parent homes.

a. Feminist contingents jumped in, proclaiming single motherhood 'heroic,' a noble alternative to the 'patriarchal' family!

Of course, the problem simply got worse.

7. What should be seen as nothing less than cowardice, or at the least, pandering, Liberal politicians changed the conversation from 'the problem of single motherhood,' to 'how can we assist the single mother?'

Schools set up nurseries for pregnant teenagers, social welfare programs expanded, more food stamps and priorities to public housing, and the line between Medicaid and AFDC was blurred!

Making motherhood at 15 attractive! Liberal leadership at its finest!

8. One would think that the speeches of Liberal politicians was satire if it wasn't so pathetic.

Governor Mario Cuomo of New York said,
"If we take a 16-year-old single mother, get her on welfare, give her food stamps, get her her own apartment and have her back in school taking classes, what's the problem?" The Coming Cultural Disintegration | The American Spectator

"If we take a 16-year-old single mother,
...get her on welfare,
...give her food stamps,
....get her her own apartment and have her back in school taking classes,
.... what's the problem?"

What??????

"If we take a 16-year-old single mother, get her on welfare, give her food stamps, get her her own apartment and have her back in school taking classes, what's the problem?" The Coming Cultural Disintegration | The American Spectator

the problem is in 16 years we'll be repeating the process for her 16 yr old pregnant daughter. not to mention in a year, we'll probably be covering the 16 year old single mothers 2nd kid

What the Left's brand of "caring" has done to black families is nothing short of a tragedy.

One race, largely isolated from the rest of American society, due to nothing more than the color of their skin.

Horrible.

So, the blacks are too unintelligent to understand this, which is why they predominantly vote democrat?

Last edited:

What the Left's brand of "caring" has done to black families is nothing short of a tragedy.

One race, largely isolated from the rest of American society, due to nothing more than the color of their skin.

Horrible.

So, the blacks are too unintelligent to understand this is why they predominantly vote democrat?

Why would you say that?

Do you think you're better than they are?

Moynihan was the last of the honest intellect liberals in matters of welfare and race. Benign neglect today would invariably be labelled as rampant racism. Welcome to the "Age of Obama".

Horrible.

So, the blacks are too unintelligent to understand this is why they predominantly vote democrat?

Why would you say that?

No, but this site is full of threads chastising blacks for not realizing that liberal/democrat policies have made them a dependent class. If this is true, and blacks keep voting democrat, then they must be unintelligent, no?

Horrible.

Why would you say that?

Sounds like a valid question. It could have been worded differently.

Why do blacks vote Democrat when the evidence clearly shows that the Democrat party isn't really looking out for the best interest in the long term, they (Democrats) just want their votes.

To answer your second question, even though none of this was directed at me, yes I am better than they are. I don't have children I cannot provide for, I do not make babies and abandon them, I do not take welfare of any kind etc......

Why would you say that?

Why do blacks vote Democrat when the evidence clearly shows that the Democrat party isn't really looking out for the best interest in the long term, they (Democrats) just want their votes.

To answer your second question, even though none of this was directed at me, yes I am better than they are. I don't have children I cannot provide for, I do not make babies and abandon them, I do not take welfare of any kind etc......

Its very simple. the type of people who would continue having kids when they can't support them, continuing fathering kids when they will not support them are the type of people who will take any form of support they can, and they are smart enough to know that the only way to continue it is to vote Democrat.

Horrible.

Why would you say that?

sometimes I think there's a Race War going on and the White's refuse to see it.

It was a question - So, the blacks are too unintelligent to understand this is why they predominantly vote democrat? See the question mark??

I don't think it's lack of intelligence. I think it's more to do with brainwashing of blacks from birth by the Democrats through their black operatives.

When a person - skin color irrelevant - is told from Day One that others are out to get them, that there is no hope, that their only chance at a decent, legal life is if someone else steps in to help them, then that is how they are going to look at every part of their life.

When a person - skin color irrelevant - has others making excuses for them and blaming others for them from Day One, they are going to perform down to that level. That is all they know, they have been conditioned from birth, that is what they are going to expect.

When a person - skin color irrelevant - is not held up to the same standards and expectations as everyone else from Day One, their own standards and expectations for themselves, their very dignity, is damaged unless and until those standards and expectations are increased.

We are now into the third generation of this despicable conditioning being perpetrated on one (1) group of people for no better reason than the arbitrary color of their skin. Generations of families victimized by the soft bigotry of reduced expectations.

Isolated. That has been the goal, that has been the strategy, that has been the implementation, and that's precisely what we have.

Skin color irrelevant.

Last edited:

When a person - skin color irrelevant - is told from Day One that others are out to get them, that there is no hope, that their only chance at a decent, legal life is if someone else steps in to help them, then that is how they are going to look at every part of their life.

Who tells black Americans there is no hope? Name the Democrats who have ever run on that message.

President Obama ran on a message OF Hope, remember? And got mocked by you morons on the right for doing so.

Now you're doing a 180 and accusing him, and other liberals, of pushing a message of no hope??

lol. More derangement.

Who tells black Americans there is no hope? Name the Democrats who have ever run on that message.

President Obama ran on a message OF Hope, remember? And got mocked by you morons on the right for doing so.

Now you're doing a 180 and accusing him, and other liberals, of pushing a message of no hope??

lol. More derangement.

Hope that government will step in and somehow make their lives better.

Which illustrates what I'm saying.

I understand that you have an ideological obligation to deny and divert from my several clear points.

You're part of the problem for them.

Why would you say that?

Its very simple. the type of people who would continue having kids when they can't support them, continuing fathering kids when they will not support them are the type of people who will take any form of support they can, and they are smart enough to know that the only way to continue it is to vote Democrat.

Yeah that's the other rightwing argument, that Democrats encourage blacks to have too many children they can't afford.

Of course when the nuts aren't making that argument they're arguing that Democrats are committing a black genocide by supporting birth control and legal abortion.

You loons pretty much have it all covered don't you?

lol, more derangement.

The following, largely based on "Marriage and Civilization: How Monogamy Made Us Human," by William Tucker, chapter 21

1. In 1965, the Assistant Secretary of Labor under LBJ was Daniel Patrick Moynihan. The prescient Moynihan published a memo warning of the "coming crisis" of single parent families among African-Americans:
"The Negro Family: The Case For National Action." http://www.dol.gov/dol/aboutdol/history/webid-meynihan.htm

2. Moynihan pointed to the statistic of black children born out of wedlock, 25% at that time, a fact that had never occurred in any other culture. More shocking, the occurrence was independent of poverty and of unemployment:
in the 60's, with black unemployment approaching unprecedentedly low levels, welfare rolls were climbing!

3. Moynihan identified the source of the problem as a rise of illegitimacy and the breakdown in family formation. It was not an increase in pregnancy, but that African-American women were no longer marrying the fathers of their children: instead, they were going on the welfare rolls.

4. He correctly predicted that this portended problems far greater than racial discrimination or civil rights. He warned that this would produce intergenerational poverty,
.... men no longer held to the traditional responsibilities of child support and protecting families,
....and cause delinquency, joblessness, school failure, crime, and all that became known as 'underclass' behaviors.

5. What happens when opinions are posed that run counter to Liberal doctrine, political correctness? Yup....he was called a racist, and that it was all due to discrimination and the legacy of slavery, and nothing at all to do with family breakdown.

6. Right on cue, enter battalions of Liberal academics producing studies designed to show that there was nothing wrong with single parent homes.

a. Feminist contingents jumped in, proclaiming single motherhood 'heroic,' a noble alternative to the 'patriarchal' family!

Of course, the problem simply got worse.

7. What should be seen as nothing less than cowardice, or at the least, pandering, Liberal politicians changed the conversation from 'the problem of single motherhood,' to 'how can we assist the single mother?'

Schools set up nurseries for pregnant teenagers, social welfare programs expanded, more food stamps and priorities to public housing, and the line between Medicaid and AFDC was blurred!

Making motherhood at 15 attractive! Liberal leadership at its finest!

8. One would think that the speeches of Liberal politicians was satire if it wasn't so pathetic.

"If we take a 16-year-old single mother,
...get her on welfare,
...give her food stamps,
....get her her own apartment and have her back in school taking classes,
.... what's the problem?"

What??????

When LBJ recognized this he essentially said, "Yeah?! That's great! I'll have the government step in as the head of the black family so 'I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years'"

One day blacks are going to see the "Made by Democrats" label on this

lol. More derangement.

Hope that government will step in and somehow make their lives better.

Which illustrates what I'm saying.

I understand that you have an ideological obligation to deny and divert from my several clear points.

You're part of the problem for them.

I thought you said 'no hope'. Oh, right, you did.

Is it wrong for the government to help someone get an education regardless of one's ability to pay for it?

Is that one of those things that makes people chronically, irreparably dependent?

We could end public education altogether. How soon would that make America a better place?

Flesh out your idea on that a bit better, could you? I really want to hear this.

Flesh out your idea on that a bit better, could you? I really want to hear this.

Sure.

Stop doing what I said in my post:

When a person - skin color irrelevant - has others making excuses for them and blaming others for them from Day One, they are going to perform down to that level. That is all they know, they have been conditioned from birth, that is what they are going to expect.

When a person - skin color irrelevant - is not held up to the same standards and expectations as everyone else from Day One, their own standards and expectations for themselves, their very dignity, is damaged unless and until those standards and expectations are increased.

We are now into the third generation of this despicable conditioning being perpetrated on one (1) group of people for no better reason than the arbitrary color of their skin. Generations of families victimized by the soft bigotry of reduced expectations.

Isolated. That has been the goal, that has been the strategy, that has been the implementation, and that's precisely what we have.

Skin color irrelevant.

In other words, stop concentrating on the color of their skin, stop isolating them, start treating them like everyone else.

Which is what they deserve.

Is this really so difficult to understand? I wonder if you like things the way they are, for political advantage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back