The lunacy of electric cars

Its amazing how ignorant the EV advocates are about basic science and energy. They seem to think that an EV just runs forever without any input of any kind. If they get beyond that they think the recharging is free and doesn't require additional generating capacity. Ignorance abounds on the left, they prove it every day.
youre either ignorant about the facts or just flat out lying,,,
which is it,,

How did they pump gas without electricity?
The power was off for two days...I'm sure they don't make it a habit of waking up to an empty gas tank dummy....plus Gas stations in Japan do have generators for emergencies like in CA....

Its amazing how ignorant the EV advocates are about basic science and energy. They seem to think that an EV just runs forever without any input of any kind. If they get beyond that they think the recharging is free and doesn't require additional generating capacity. Ignorance abounds on the left, they prove it every day.
Come on man, you know ah climate change and you know the thing, green something or other. Carbon and renewable and you know the money we save on tailpipe manufacturing.

Lithium comes from Chile, Bolivia, and Argentina.
Cobalt comes from Africa in mines so unstable they can't drill into them...so they put children into small crevasses in the rock...many die and or are injured....another area that has cobalt is Afghanistan...but Joe split and handed those mines over to China...every EV owner has the blood of African children on their hands....

EV's can help save the planet from global warming.
You know what will actually do a better job of saving the planet from global warming?

Self-driving cars.

In the future, most people won't own a car. They will have a subscription to a car service just like you have a subscription to a cell phone service.

Currently, you use your car maybe 2 hours out of 24. That is extremely inefficient and wasteful.

With subscription services, people will use a car for 2 hours a day, then other users will use that same car for the other 22 hours, with maybe one or two hours reserved for maintenance/cleaning.

That means far less cars will be needed in the future. Less metals and plastics and other raw materials being used in manufacturing. That will be good for the environment.

And much more efficient. Self driving cars will not be caught in stop and go traffic. No more traffic jams. That saves on energy expended.

That also means no more concrete needed for driveways. Another plus for the environment.

People who know how to drive a car will be as rare as people who know how to ride a horse.

Last edited:
They won't help save the planet. They still require vast amounts of electricity, the more electricity you use the more power plants need to provide which means burning more fuel. If everyone suddenly had a EV then our electricity use would grow beyond our ability to provide. We need more nuclear reactors, or the ability to mass produce fusion energy or learn the manipulate gravity to pick up the slack. That electricity doesn't come from nowhere, electricity that we use doesn't exist in nature, it has to be made by man and you can't make electricity without a fuel source.

EVs pollute the earth more than a conventional car does before it's even driven, and it continues to pollute with it's energy needs.

Batteries themselves in ev cars are finitie and need to be replaced. Batteries are made up of hazardous materials. Even recycling a battery generates waste.

Sure less moving parts, but vastly more amounts of electronic parts that are more costly and more prone to go bad. Might be fine for a few years but after 5 years pricey problems will crop up meanwhile my Toyota Corolla I just traded in was 18 years with no big or expensive costs aside from replacing my motor for 1 window and a water pump. Even replacing batteries is insanely expensive.

Can fuel up in your driveway over the course of many hours meanwhile I can fill my gas tank in 90 seconds on the way home. Or if you need to charge while you're out you'll be sitting somewhere a long time.

Everything else you said is either kind of right, or just plain pointless.

But you're forgetting other facts.

An ev cost is outrageous for the majority of Americans and they can't begin to afford one.

You have to pay for that electricity. My neighbor has a Tesla and last year his bill went up 150 dollars a month soon as he got it, now that Duke energy was increased our electric by 15% it's going to cost more.

Mileage isn't as good. Especially if you use the heat or air conditioner it chews up that extra power lowering the amount of miles you get.

I can go on with more real world examples of why a EV is not better than a traditional car in most cases and in a lot of ways worse. But thinking ev is a magic bullet is just plain dumb. It will take new mass scale energy production, a infrastructure to support it, and another 10 to 20 years of revisions from current cars for them to be worth considering.

They know most people can’t afford them and they know we don’t have the capacity to fuel them…. For the left those are the goal…..fewer of the people the democrats think are over populating the world will have less resources to reproduce and create more humans….meanwhile, the rich governing class will have all the energy they want..

You know what will actually do a better job of saving the planet from global warming?

Self-driving cars.

In the future, most people won't own a car. They will have a subscription to a car service just like you have a subscription to a cell phone service.

Currently, you use your car maybe 2 hours out of 24. That is extremely inefficient and wasteful.

With subscription services, people will use a car for 2 hours a day, then other users will use that same car for the other 22 hours, with maybe one or two hours reserved for maintenance/cleaning.

That means far less cars will be needed in the future. Less metals and plastics and other raw materials being used in manufacturing. That will be good for the environment.

And much more efficient. Self driving cars will not be caught in stop and go traffic. No more traffic jams. That saves on energy expended.

That also means no more concrete needed for driveways. Another plus for the environment.
The problem with you climate fearing morons is you can't see that we are not ready to rid ourselves of petroleum...and we never will be...do yourself a favor and look at all of the products that are petroleum based...you will get an education I'm sure....

The power was off for two days...I'm sure they don't make it a habit of waking up to an empty gas tank dummy....plus Gas stations in Japan do have generators for emergencies like in CA....
Two days. An EV can travel 200 to 300 miles, just like a gas car, depending on the make and model.

Self-driving cars.

When will there be an Uber or Lyft subscription service? That might work too…

Anti fossil fuel fools think we can flip a switch and end gas engines...we can't...and thinking we can and trying to fit a square peg into a round hole will only get us in huge trouble....

The problem with you climate fearing morons is you can't see that we are not ready to rid ourselves of petroleum...and we never will be...do yourself a favor and look at all of the products that are petroleum based...you will get an education I'm sure....
And the fossil fuels used to generate the electricity...these EV fools flunked science.

I've no problem with ev's, in fact, they would probably be better to own in the long run. Less maintenance, fewer moving parts, and cleaner, but, if my math is correct, they would have to be about quadruple their efficiency to even remotely begin to be viable.

If you plan on going solar or wind power, you'd have to place turbines on about 50% of the available land in the u.s. just to provide enough electricity to run ev's, either that or you'd have to build several more nuclear plants

I am well aware of what is made from oil. Plastics alone comprise a large part, which is why I mentioned making less cars means using less plastic.

When comparing EV to internal combustion, gas cars come out way ahead cost-wise.

So I'll wait.
Only when a dem is in the white house...they do it by doing whatever it takes to get oil over $100 a barrel....

Forum List

Back