The lunacy of electric cars

When will there be an Uber or Lyft subscription service? That might work too…
If everyone was using them and gave up their personal cars, maybe.

That does not solve the problem of the way humans drive compared to computers.

Only when a dem is in the white house...they do it by doing whatever it takes to get oil over $100 a barrel....
Even when gasoline is cheap people steal it. I don't think you can steal the fuel from an EV. Or worse, destroy the 'gas tank' by drilling a hole into it.

And the fossil fuels used to generate the electricity...these EV fools flunked science.
Yes, it is ironic many of the same people who are pro-EV are anti-nuclear.

If we are all going EV, then we have to solve the source electricity problem. And the best solution is nuclear, solar, hydroelectric, and cancer-causing windmills.

Nuclear has to be a large part.

EV's... solar panels... Windmills and lithium batteries are filthy forms of energy....
Rather than solar panels, I prefer solar farms.

solar-farm.jpg

Only when a dem is in the white house...they do it by doing whatever it takes to get oil over $100 a barrel....
No, I did the math in another topic the other day, and even at $4.00 a gallon, gas powered cars still win.

Even when gasoline is cheap people steal it. I don't think you can steal the fuel from an EV. Or worse, destroy the 'gas tank' by drilling a hole into it.
I have never heard of drilling into tanks until this current price hike...that is something new...just like stealing catalytic converters in CA... stealing gas from cars went out when locking gas caps came in....

Yes, it is ironic many of the same people who are pro-EV are anti-nuclear.

If we are all going EV, then we have to solve the source electricity problem. And the best solution is nuclear, solar, hydroelectric, and cancer-causing windmills.

Nuclear has to be a large part.
Hydroelectric us under attack due to damage to fisheries and the environment. Windmills are under attack due to noise, damage to birds, appalling waste disposal problems. Solar is under attack due to pollutants in manufacturing, damage to the environment where huge solar farms were proposed.

Agree on nuclear, whether they ever get fusion to work or not is still in question.

Physicists say you are wrong. :itsok:
No, they do not.

You seem to think oil refining does not create carbon emissions.

Experts broadly agree that electric vehicles create a lower carbon footprint over the course of their lifetime than do cars and trucks that use traditional, internal combustion engines.

A study from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Energy Initiative found that the battery and fuel production for an EV generates higher emissions than the manufacturing of an automobile. But those higher environmental costs are offset by EVs’ superior energy efficiency over time.
Yeah okay how long does your rechargeable batteries last? Combustion engines last decades. Now a program to refurbish combustion engines for use in new vehicles, extracting 20 years or more from a combustion engine that has real promise but the greenies don't want to hear it.

Its amazing how ignorant the EV advocates are about basic science and energy. They seem to think that an EV just runs forever without any input of any kind. If they get beyond that they think the recharging is free and doesn't require additional generating capacity. Ignorance abounds on the left, they prove it every day.
Lol this is so stupid. This is just some baseless assumption you have. It’s so dumb.

Well in AZ and CA gas is way over $4...
The heat in AZ shortens the mileage of an EV. Extreme temperatures (hot or cold) negatively affect how far an EV can go on a single charge. And they shorten the life of the battery.

If you leave an EV in the hot sun, it turns into a brick. Something for EV owners who park their cars at an airport long term parking to think about.

An EV battery likes 70 degrees Farenheit.

Last edited:
I have never heard of drilling into tanks until this current price hike...that is something new...just like stealing catalytic converters in CA... stealing gas from cars went out when locking gas caps came in....
My car has an anti-siphon feature in the gas tank. However, I siphoned the gas out of it before I junked it. I went to YouTube and found out how to do it.

The gigantic batteries are made with extremely hazardous materials and heavy metals and acid. What happens when they wear out? Someday the technology might be worth while but forcing it on Americans today is a bad idea especially when almost nobody trusts Biden.

Hydroelectric us under attack due to damage to fisheries and the environment. Windmills are under attack due to noise, damage to birds, appalling waste disposal problems. Solar is under attack due to pollutants in manufacturing, damage to the environment where huge solar farms were proposed.

Agree on nuclear, whether they ever get fusion to work or not is still in question.
That's why I like solar farms. They are made of mirrors instead of solar panels.

The fluid used to transfer the heat is liquid sodium.

Forum List

Back