The Most Heavily Armed States In America

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Guess which state has the most guns per capita?

I bet you guessed wrong.

You'll really be surprised who the second most heavily armed population is.

How heavily armed is your state?

Methodology:

Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

30v125y.jpg

In this picture, a gun owner listens as presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, speaks to potential supporters at the Londonderry Fish and Game club in Litchfield, N.H., April 19, 2015.

Be careful how you tell this story though.

Gun ownership by the numbers generally follows population, except only not so in the case of NYS.

Otherwise the really big states of Calif, ILL, FL, OH, TX etc. have the most guns.

Which States Have the Most Guns?

I bet you guessed wrong.

Methodology:

Here is a look at per capita weapons data, based on the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and 2013 data from the U.S. Census.

While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use.

30v125y.jpg

In this picture, a gun owner listens as presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, speaks to potential supporters at the Londonderry Fish and Game club in Litchfield, N.H., April 19, 2015.

Without looking I would say Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.

Now I'll look to see how wrong I am. :)

Gun ownership by the numbers generally follows population, except only not so in the case of NYS.

Otherwise the really big states of Calif, ILL, FL, OH, TX etc. have the most guns.

Per capita. I said it very specifically.
If you are trying to raise a militia army then per capita is not going to help you.

If the Japs or Chinese are coming you would need numbers not per capita to have guns behind every blade of grass.

I bet you guessed wrong.

Methodology:

30v125y.jpg

Damn. I'm smart.

I bet you guessed wrong.

Methodology:

30v125y.jpg

Damn. I'm smart.
Did you see who is number 2?

If you are trying to raise a militia army then per capita is not going to help you.

If the Japs or Chinese are coming you would need numbers not per capita to have guns behind every blade of grass.
If you are standing next to a citizen, per capita gives you an idea of how likely it is they own a firearm.

Why you being such a dick?

I bet you guessed wrong.

Methodology:

30v125y.jpg

Texas does not require gun registration so the numbers are skewed.
Two of my guns are actually in the data base....all the rest are not.

The least heavily armed state in America is Canada.
If Russia ever invades Canada from the north then those Canuck fokkers better be ready to converse in a language that is in the top 10 just not Anglish.

If you are standing next to a citizen, per capita gives you an idea of how likely it is they own a firearm.

Why you being such a dick?
California has the most guns. But gets the least credit.

If the Japs had or the Chinese ever do invade, California will need a gun behind every blades of grass.

Same story for Texas regarding Mexico.

It really is time to start addressing the real issue. How are so many people acquiring firearms illegally? I don't have a problem with people acquiring firearms the legal way. Personally I don't like Gun Nuts very much. They're usually really creepy obsessive guys. But it is their constitutional right.

We have to address the elephant in the room. But most are still refusing to tackle the problem. We have to do better in stopping people from acquiring firearms illegally. That's the only way we can begin to end gun violence.

It really is time to start addressing the real issue. How are so many people acquiring firearms illegally? I don't have a problem with people acquiring firearms the legal way. Personally I don't like Gun Nuts very much. They're usually really creepy obsessive guys. But it is their constitutional right.

We have to address the elephant in the room. But most are still refusing to tackle the problem. We have to do better in stopping people from acquiring firearms illegally. That's the only way we can begin to end gun violence.

The only way to stop gun violence is to stop releasing violent criminals from prison.
It's a small percentage of the population that commit the majority of armed robberies and shootings,lock em up until they're to old to be a problem.

Kill the criminals. Lock up the crazies.

Then they won't acquire firearms. Problem solved.

I did guess wrong. My state; Florida, is #30??? I'm ashamed that we came in that low. I didn't expect to be #1, I even knew #1 already. But I thought we would be at least in the top ten!
Way too many liberal pussies in this state now.

Forum List

Back