The Movie "Black Panther"

How do they deal with the fact that the main character is a Monarchist?
How does who deal with it? It's a movie. How do we deal with warp speed in Star Trek?
How do the writers deal with that while making the main character sympathetic to the viewing audience?
Haven't seen the movie, so you'll have to tell me, but I'm still in the dark regarding the relevance of your question.

How does who deal with it? It's a movie. How do we deal with warp speed in Star Trek?
How do the writers deal with that while making the main character sympathetic to the viewing audience?
Haven't seen the movie, so you'll have to tell me, but I'm still in the dark regarding the relevance of your question.

We see a blockbluster of a movie where the main character is from a very, very different culture, with a political system that is antithetical to ours.

How the story is presented so that the main character is still sympathetic?

We see a blockbluster of a movie where the main character is from a very, very different culture, with a political system that is antithetical to ours.

Why does the main character have to have a political system thats mimics ours? Not everyone operates the same way and thats fine. I dont see you whining about kings in lord of rings and their political stance.

Why does the main character have to have a political system thats mimics ours? Not everyone operates the same way and thats fine. I dont see you whining about kings in lord of rings and their political stance.

They do not. I like the idea that they are different. I think a lot of good drama and/or humor could be found there.

My assumption is that Hollywood didn't do any of that.

And your point is ?

In Regard to the new Movie "Black Panther"
Why is an all-Black movie supposed to be a victory for diversity?
And what was the reason for the Blacks to get so ANGRY, and getting their panties in a wad about a year ago when no Blacks were nominated for Academy Awards? Why were they so pissed when the nominees were all white?
Growing up I loved watching Superhero shows and movies, but I never questioned anything about race at all.
And as I was growing up I watched Sanford and Son, the Jefferson’s etc and never felt like Whites were being excluded.
Today we have a Black History Month, Black News, Black Entertainment Stations, Black Police Organizations, All Black Magazines, A Congressional Black Caucus, and I DO question that? I’m sure that if the above were reversed, there would be hell to be reckoned with.
That racists don't get it and are all upset about the movie comes as no surprise.

It's ridiculous to get upset about this, illustrating the idiocy of racism.

And your point is ?

It's a question. Questions have answers, not points.

What's wrong with you people?

And your point is ?

The question does not make any sense.

And your point is ?

Stop being silly.

`
I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy fan. For me, it's escapism which is the draw for most films I see. This Black Panther movie is escapism. Its in the world of fantasy. Only one group in the US has been whining about it, without even seeing it; the ultra far right, which is the domain of white national and supremacists. What these people say is totally irrelevant and a product of their own fears.
`

And your point is ?

Stop being silly.
You are asking how someone from a different political system and culture can still be sympathetic ?
Thats how I read it.
Its not worthy of thought let alone an answer.

`
I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy fan. For me, it's escapism which is the draw for most films I see. This Black Panther movie is escapism. Its in the world of fantasy. Only one group in the US has been whining about it, without even seeing it; the ultra far right, which is the domain of white national and supremacists. What these people say is totally irrelevant and a product of their own fears.
`

I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy fan also. I also like the escapism of the films and tv shows, and books.

I agree that Black Panther movie is escapism.

The strong response to this movie, just because it is a Black Superhero, and a nearly all black cast, I find interesting.

And your point is ?

Stop being silly.
You are asking how someone from a different political system and culture can still be sympathetic ?
Thats how I read it.

Not just "different" but completely opposed.

And if you don't want to answer it, then stop hitting the reply button, moron.

And your point is ?

Stop being silly.
Thats how I read it.

You mean like Robin Hood, Star Trek and the Three Musketeers ?
Or War and Peace ? Or Dances With Wolves ?

Stop being silly.
Thats how I read it.

If you want to discuss the point in contrast with another movie or tv show as an example, pick one, or I will.

In Regard to the new Movie "Black Panther"
Why is an all-Black movie supposed to be a victory for diversity?
And what was the reason for the Blacks to get so ANGRY, and getting their panties in a wad about a year ago when no Blacks were nominated for Academy Awards? Why were they so pissed when the nominees were all white?
Growing up I loved watching Superhero shows and movies, but I never questioned anything about race at all.
And as I was growing up I watched Sanford and Son, the Jefferson’s etc and never felt like Whites were being excluded.
Today we have a Black History Month, Black News, Black Entertainment Stations, Black Police Organizations, All Black Magazines, A Congressional Black Caucus, and I DO question that? I’m sure that if the above were reversed, there would be hell to be reckoned with.
Did anyone White go to that movie?

Stop being silly.
Thats how I read it.

If you want to discuss the point in contrast with another movie or tv show as an example, pick one, or I will.
Why dont you pick one ?

Stop being silly.
Thats how I read it.

Mmm, ok. you had your chance.

Star Trek.

The main character from Star Trek, ie Captain Kirk, was not antithetical to the American political system.

Stop being silly.
Thats how I read it.

Why dont you pick one ?

You were the one making the point, I thought it reasonable to let you pick the one you thought made your point best.

But, I went ahead and did so.

Stop being silly.
Thats how I read it.

Mmm, ok. you had your chance.

Star Trek.

The main character from Star Trek, ie Captain Kirk, was not antithetical to the American political system.
The crew of the Enterprise were multi racial and integrated at a time the US was denying black folks the right to live where they wanted. Kirk would have been appalled at the state of the US.

Forum List

Back