Patriot, you are a fool. An American citizen is far freer today than he was at any time in history. Those willing to get off their asses and work, can travel the nation. Going into a large grocery store, a working man or woman can afford anything in there, and there are foods and luxeries that my grandparents could not even imagine. Our government is working just fine. Can it be better? Yes, of course. And we liberals are going to make it better.

The new deal saved America, the alternative was a country where the rich lived behind walls with armed guards and everyone else wanting to string them up. Capitalism was dead as Elvis as money simply quit flowing through the economy. The WPA/TVA/REA gave the rural working man the first real paycheck he had ever seen and finally freed them from subsistence agriculture. Now here we are with every rural county served by electricity, roads, flood control, sanitation and the conservative dickheads there badmouthing the new deal. It's like badmouthing truckers with your mouth full.

Well you got the electricity right, let's see, what else.......................................................I got nothing.
Well, if you have nothing, then that is your fault. Just an old millwright, but I have traveled all over this land, and my parents and grandparents could not do that other than to move looking for work. The average American lives a life that even a king could not imagine 150 years ago.

Jesus wept. Are you really that clueless? I am obviously somewhat older than you and I can tell you firsthand that the tyranny of a depression era landlord was far worse than anything you could possibly imagine these days. The people of the south might have seen a hundred dollars for an entire years labor and you want to preach to me about liberty? What Roosevelt did for them was a goddamned miracle.
Yeah...communism is always a "goddamned miracle" to the ignorant. To the enlightened - what FDR was a "goddamned" travesty.

Your position is so astoundingly ignorant it defies logic. Violating the highest law in the land is not acceptable under any circumstances. It is every bit as stupid as saying "since births are down world wide, it is ok to start raping women in hopes of getting them pregnant and increasing births again". Only an insane madman would make such a case. Yet that is the exact case you are attempting to make when you cry that your family wasn't doing well so it's ok that FDR not only acted like an unhinged dictator, but that he also destroyed free market.
OK Junior, settle down, you are the one getting unhinged here. Sitting here surrounded by luxuries and freedoms my grandparents could never have imagined it is hard to see any point you are trying to make. If you feel oppressed I suggest you change your situation and attitude rather than complaining about decisions made 70-80 years ago by a president leading the country through a shit storm that would have killed your pampered, basement dwelling, ass.
Again....all you see is your luxuries. Luxuries that millions never saw because they made the sacrifices for liberty that your family traded in for wealth. That's pretty sick and extremely ungrateful.

Well, if you have nothing, then that is your fault. Just an old millwright, but I have traveled all over this land, and my parents and grandparents could not do that other than to move looking for work. The average American lives a life that even a king could not imagine 150 years ago.
At the expense of liberty. Typical greedy liberal. Only cares about what material items they can accumulate.

Patriot, you are a fool. An American citizen is far freer today than he was at any time in history. Those willing to get off their asses and work, can travel the nation. Going into a large grocery store, a working man or woman can afford anything in there, and there are foods and luxeries that my grandparents could not even imagine. Our government is working just fine. Can it be better? Yes, of course. And we liberals are going to make it better.
This post here by Old Rocks really illustrates the liberal mind set. A person is "far freer" because they can "afford" shit?!? :eusa_doh:

Dude...the federal government tells me that I must carry life insurance. The federal government tells me that I must bake a cake for a gay wedding or host a gay wedding. The federal government tells me that I must hire a certain amount of a demographic (women, blacks, muslims, etc.).

You're so insanely ignorant - your idea of "freedom" is trading in actual freedom for the ability to "afford" shit. Unbelievable...

Our government is working just fine. Can it be better? Yes, of course. And we liberals are going to make it better.
You liberals have destroyed the U.S. You've created $19 trillion in debt. You've created a record number of people on food stamps. You've created a record number of people who have dropped out of the workforce.

Only an idiot would consider that "working just fine".

Again....all you see is your luxuries. Luxuries that millions never saw because they made the sacrifices for liberty that your family traded in for wealth. That's pretty sick and extremely ungrateful.
Fuck you punk. I do not know where you are from but every family in America came out better after the new deal, even the rich, and I will thank you not to accuse my family of wrongdoing in a situation you are not even attempting to understand. My family fought in every war America ever fought and some of them did not come back. The ones who did come back were happy with their lives and loved America as much as anyone. My family crawled out of the red mud of Alabama and made something of themselves with work harder than you would ever do, fuck you for minimizing that you spoiled piece of shit.

Jesus wept. Are you really that clueless? I am obviously somewhat older than you and I can tell you firsthand that the tyranny of a depression era landlord was far worse than anything you could possibly imagine these days. The people of the south might have seen a hundred dollars for an entire years labor and you want to preach to me about liberty? What Roosevelt did for them was a goddamned miracle.
Yeah...communism is always a "goddamned miracle" to the ignorant. To the enlightened - what FDR was a "goddamned" travesty.

Your position is so astoundingly ignorant it defies logic. Violating the highest law in the land is not acceptable under any circumstances. It is every bit as stupid as saying "since births are down world wide, it is ok to start raping women in hopes of getting them pregnant and increasing births again". Only an insane madman would make such a case. Yet that is the exact case you are attempting to make when you cry that your family wasn't doing well so it's ok that FDR not only acted like an unhinged dictator, but that he also destroyed free market.
OK Junior, settle down, you are the one getting unhinged here. Sitting here surrounded by luxuries and freedoms my grandparents could never have imagined it is hard to see any point you are trying to make. If you feel oppressed I suggest you change your situation and attitude rather than complaining about decisions made 70-80 years ago by a president leading the country through a shit storm that would have killed your pampered, basement dwelling, ass.
No, dumb ass. I see the results of what my parents and grandparents worked hard for, so I and others could have these things, instead of working twelve hours a day in a filthy unsafe factory for just enough for the rent on a company shack, and beans. While the oligarch lived in the lap of luxury.

And I am working that my grandchildren can have it even better.

Fuck you punk. I do not know where you are from but every family in America came out better after the new deal, even the rich, and I will thank you not to accuse my family of wrongdoing in a situation you are not even attempting to understand. My family fought in every war America ever fought and some of them did not come back. The ones who did come back were happy with their lives and loved America as much as anyone. My family crawled out of the red mud of Alabama and made something of themselves with work harder than you would ever do, fuck you for minimizing that you spoiled piece of shit.
We see the real liberal when push comes to shove. You pissed on the graves of the people who made sacrifices for liberty so you could live a fat, cushy life at the expense of everyone else. Your rant illustrates your shame at the realization of who you really are at your core. You should be ashamed.

The new deal saved America, the alternative was a country where the rich lived behind walls with armed guards and everyone else wanting to string them up. Capitalism was dead as Elvis as money simply quit flowing through the economy. The WPA/TVA/REA gave the rural working man the first real paycheck he had ever seen and finally freed them from subsistence agriculture. Now here we are with every rural county served by electricity, roads, flood control, sanitation and the conservative dickheads there badmouthing the new deal. It's like badmouthing truckers with your mouth full.

Well you got the electricity right, let's see, what else.......................................................I got nothing.

So the folks working for the WPA, TVA and REA didn't have the leave home for work? Also not EVERY rural county has paved secondary roads, they're still gravel, no water, no sewage and no flood control. I simply pointed the to the inaccuracy of the broad brush statements of the post

Last edited:

To date, 553 public works projects have been found and officially certified and listed in Texas. New ones are found all the time, from small bridges and buildings all over the state.
You can search to see if any are near you.
livingnewdeal.org/about/
On the menu click maps and then click listings by state. You will be able to see all 553 projects.

We see the real liberal when push comes to shove. You pissed on the graves of the people who made sacrifices for liberty so you could live a fat, cushy life at the expense of everyone else. Your rant illustrates your shame at the realization of who you really are at your core. You should be ashamed.
My rant is the result of some idiot insulting my family and accusing them of crimes against humanity. They didn't sign the new deal and you need to back off of them. I would never dream of talking trash on your family,especially since I know nothing about them, but I am proud of my family and i will jump in anyone's face over them.

My rant is the result of some idiot insulting my family and accusing them of crimes against humanity. They didn't sign the new deal and you need to back off of them. I would never dream of talking trash on your family,especially since I know nothing about them, but I am proud of my family and i will jump in anyone's face over them.
Put this in perspective. These retards are attacking and slamming what has been called America's greatest generation for working through the Great Depression, defeating the enemies in WWII and building the most prosperous and strongest nation in world history. But these retards are claiming that is all untrue and they know better.

I think you totally missed my point. My parents could not afford to travel just to see the nation. When they did travel, it was just in search of work. Where I could take my children more than halfway across the nation, just to show them the National Parks, and where their Grandparents on both sides grew up, a reservation in North Dakota, and the Ozarks of Missouri. And we stopped at every museum and historical marker on the way.

To date, 553 public works projects have been found and officially certified and listed in Texas. New ones are found all the time, from small bridges and buildings all over the state.
livingnewdeal.org/about/
On the menu click maps and then click listings by state. You will be able to see all 553 projects.

Another regressive who is so ignorant of the concept of federalism. I only looked at a couple of pages, none of the projects fall within federal constitutional authority.

Put this in perspective. These retards are attacking and slamming what has been called America's greatest generation for working through the Great Depression, defeating the enemies in WWII and building the most prosperous and strongest nation in world history. But these retards are claiming that is all untrue and they know better.
They don't know a goddamned thing about how it was, I have only the tales told me by my grandparents and one great grandparent growing up but the telling was vivid and unambiguous, the south was a shit hole and Mr.Roosevelt made it a place to be proud of by finally putting some economic power and security where it was needed most.

livingnewdeal.org/about/

Another regressive who is so ignorant of the concept of federalism. I only looked at a couple of pages, none of the projects fall within federal constitutional authority.
So you say. However, I think that they did, and am proud that we Americans did those projects.

livingnewdeal.org/about/

Regressive, you keep saying that word but you obviously do not know what it means. A regressive would like to put things back like they used to be, kind of like you.

No matter how many times you repeat liberal propaganda - it doesn't make it true. The raw deal has destroyed America. We're $19 trillion in debt and it started with the raw deal. We have record number of people on food stamps - and it started with the raw deal. We have record number of people who have dropped out of the work force - and it started with the raw deal.

Furthermore - even if your liberal propaganda lies were true - it doesn't even matter. The entire concept of the United States was liberty - not about "prosperity". If people like you couldn't figure out how to survive and thrive under liberty, oh well. It didn't justify violating the law and pissing all over the U.S. Constitution.
Our debt began with the Revolutionary War and continued until a Democratic president, Jackson paid it off. Republicans talk about the debt but as usual, just talk.
The concept of America was more than liberty, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,were also mentioned, and even that was just a start.
Yeah - under liberty. You could pursue those things under liberty. And there was no guarantee. And certainly not provided to you by government. The Constitution is very clear (as are the words of our founders) - the federal government had 18 enumerated powers only and not one damn thing more.

No matter how hard you try to twist this - the raw deal was the ultimate screw job for the American people and it was not the result of FDR being some altruistic Mother Theresa sent from heaven. It was the result of a power hungry, money hungry Dumbocrat.
Of course the federal government has more powers than the 18 enumerated powers. The legislative branch has 18 areas where it might pass laws, but what of the executive powers and the Court's powers?

livingnewdeal.org/about/

So you say. However, I think that they did, and am proud that we Americans did those projects.

Show me the constitutional authority for them by Article, Section and Clause.

Forum List

Back