The Next Recession Is Going to Be Brutal. The economy is showing signs of turning ...

if you're a liberal, you should root for a recession, because that's the only way you'll beat trump!

The DOW lost 800........BREAK OUT THE CHAMPAGNE!!!!

Horseshit, no one is getting pleasure out of Trump fucking up this country.
It's not Trump doing it.

It's the FED...the Dummycraps......and the media...talking down the economy EXACTLY LIKE THEY DID WHILE BUSH WAS IN OFFICE. I PREDICTED THIS SHIT AS SOON AS TRUMP WON ON ELECTION NIGHT!

Everyone BUT Trump’s fault! Democrats caused the trade wars! :rolleyes:

Good job tool.
Well, in a way, yes....but they got alot of help from Republicans.
The reason Trump is fighting a trade war is because our rat bastard politicians have been selling us out to the Russians and the Chicoms for decades, and he's trying to reverse the damage they've been intentionally doing to us. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Well maybe he should try BETTER. Crazy thought.

Instead of tag-teaming China on their shit, he started world wide trade wars that are disrupting bussiness and pissed off just about all our allies and trading partners.

The slogan is America First, but more and more it's getting to be America Alone.
Try better at what? You’re the genius?

if you're a liberal, you should root for a recession, because that's the only way you'll beat trump!
That might not be true.

Democrats are so horrible right now, especially for Americans and America, that even with a ranked economy they will still lose

Evidence of what, about what. LOL.Talk about a ridiculous fishing expedition....

Yep, go ahead play stupid, you are playing right?
Nope, he’s for real
So what are her crimes, dipsticks? Covering up nothing? Absolute idiocy that no law enforcement or any journalists in the whole world have any interest in. Unbelievable

Covering up nothing? So I suppose the 30,000+ email were all sent to Bill (who doesn't use email) and the destruction of devices was just because she was having a bad day....you really are fricken stupid.
She must sit on his face nightly
I wanted her to be elected in a landslide so we could have some reform in this country. This is a GOP give away to the rich screw everyone else Mess. Only brainwashing and ignoramuses like you people make it possible. Have you ever heard of policy and issues? Just phony scandals.....

But he got rid of regulation and handed out huge tax cuts to corporations and increased deficits drastically...
The tax cuts resulted in increased revenues to the federal government. Which proves the deficits are because we have a spending problem (thanks to you greedy parasites).

I marvel at your ability to completely disregard reality.

why do you tell such blatant lies?
The last time you challenged me on taxes, you suffered the worst humiliation in USMB history. Why does your dumb ass come back for more? It’s a well known fact that tax revenues to the federal government increased after the tax cuts. Idiot.

Income Tax Revenues Are Up 9% As Trump's Pro-Growth Tax Cuts Kick In

are you really this stupid? your article is from 6 months into the tax cuts, and you use that as proof. I almost feel sorry for you with your level of ignorance.

Here are the actual numbers taken straight from the Monthly Treasure Statement of the US Government.

CY 2017 (the last full year before the tax cuts).

Total tax revenue was $3,361,634,000,000

CY 2018 (the first full year of the tax cuts)

Total tax revenue was $ 3,330,470,000,000

That is a decrease of $ 31,164,000,000 in the first full year after the tax cuts.

Here is the link to the site, feel free to check my numbers.

Monthly Treasury Statement - Previous Issues

That is a decrease of $ 31,164,000,000 in the first full year after the tax cuts.

$31 billion lower revenues on a $150 billion tax cut?
Doesn't seem too bad.

The tax cuts resulted in increased revenues to the federal government. Which proves the deficits are because we have a spending problem (thanks to you greedy parasites).

The last time you challenged me on taxes, you suffered the worst humiliation in USMB history. Why does your dumb ass come back for more? It’s a well known fact that tax revenues to the federal government increased after the tax cuts. Idiot.

are you really this stupid? your article is from 6 months into the tax cuts, and you use that as proof. I almost feel sorry for you with your level of ignorance.

Here are the actual numbers taken straight from the Monthly Treasure Statement of the US Government.

Even worse for that buttplug ... that 9% increase in tax revenue at that time came mostly from people filing their 2017 taxes.

Yep, Apr had record revenue as people paid off the remainder of their 2017 tax liability. They got a nice hefty check from my household.

Yep, Apr had record revenue as people paid off the remainder of their 2017 tax liability.

I guess people made more in 2017 than they did in 2016.

Yep, go ahead play stupid, you are playing right?
Nope, he’s for real
So what are her crimes, dipsticks? Covering up nothing? Absolute idiocy that no law enforcement or any journalists in the whole world have any interest in. Unbelievable

Covering up nothing? So I suppose the 30,000+ email were all sent to Bill (who doesn't use email) and the destruction of devices was just because she was having a bad day....you really are fricken stupid.
I wanted her to be elected in a landslide so we could have some reform in this country. This is a GOP give away to the rich screw everyone else Mess. Only brainwashing and ignoramuses like you people make it possible. Have you ever heard of policy and issues? Just phony scandals.....

I wanted her to be elected in a landslide so we could have some reform in this country.

Like all the reform we got when Bill was elected? LOL!

Only brainwashing and ignoramuses like you people make it possible.

Dem politicians...all the way down.

But he got rid of regulation and handed out huge tax cuts to corporations and increased deficits drastically...

Doesn't seem too bad.

That was not what was being discussed, we were talking about the lie that tax cuts increase tax revenue. Do try and keep up

Even worse for that buttplug ... that 9% increase in tax revenue at that time came mostly from people filing their 2017 taxes.

Yep, Apr had record revenue as people paid off the remainder of their 2017 tax liability. They got a nice hefty check from my household.

Yep, Apr had record revenue as people paid off the remainder of their 2017 tax liability.

I guess people made more in 2017 than they did in 2016.

and they made more in 2016 than in 2015 and they made more in 2014 than in 2015

Doesn't seem too bad.

That was not what was being discussed, we were talking about the lie that tax cuts increase tax revenue. Do try and keep up

That was not what was being discussed,

All I hear are whines that Trump borrowed $1.5 trillion for tax cuts.
Looks like an exaggeration, eh?

we were talking about the lie that tax cuts increase tax revenue.

Or the lie that $1.5 trillion in cuts costs $1.5 trillion?

Nope, he’s for real

I wanted her to be elected in a landslide so we could have some reform in this country.

I wanted 60 votes in the Senate kind of landslide otherwise they can't do anything. I wish they would do the nuclear option and pass bunch of stuff. Then the Republicans can try repealing vacations cheap college and training higher taxes on the rich, good infrastructure etcetera etcetera

There is no need to concern yourselves. Trump promised during his campaign to eliminate the deficit within 8 years.

The recovery is long in the tooth. Household debt is getting up there. Corporate debt is high and it's slowing capital spending. Global growth is slow. The trade mess hasn't helped.

It's always a combination of things. It could turn back up. Right now we don't know.
Recovery?
Are you saying we're still in a recovery ?
WTF was Obama doing for 8 years?????

Well, just so you know, when rich people fully recovered from the Bush Great Recession and were actually BENIFITTING from it, blue collar were still struggling.

In fact they still are. Trump has not made America great again.

A Quarter Of Americans Are 'Worse' Now Than Before The Great Recession

The 10-year anniversary of the end of the Great Recession is approaching. A decade after the housing bust, the economy is robust and the unemployment rateis at a 49-year-low. But not all Americans have recovered.

According to a new survey from Bankrate, 23% of Americans who were adults when the recession started in December 2007 say they are now financially worse off than they were before the recession hit. That’s just under 50 million Americans. Another 25% say they are doing the “same.” In all, just over half believe their “overall finances” are better than before.

“Americans were and continue to be in a degree of denial of the financial crisis and Great Recession,” said Mark Hamrick, Bankrate’s senior economic analyst. “One of the constant themes that presents itself in the data is that Americans are still digging out in many ways from that experience.”

“While some have managed to prosper in the decade since, there are still tens of millions who are struggling to even get back to where they were before the economy took a turn for the worse.”

The study notes that over half of all Americans (54%) who were adults when the recession began endured some sort of negative financial impact during that time.

More than 70% of those who had invested in the stock market saw their investments lose money while just under half of homeowners during the recession said their home lost value. A quarter completely spent their emergency savings, while a fifth took on “substantial” debt. More than 20% of those who had a partner who was working said either their partner or themselves lost their job.

What was Obama doing? He was fighting with Republican obstructionists. I can't believe the American people rewarded those obstructionists by staying home in 2010. Notice I didn't say they came and voted for Republicans? They didn't. They just got frustrated and stayed home. So Republicans obstruction paid off. They played politics with the recovery. So everyone still struggling can thank Repugs.

The people who are worse off now than before the Recession are the ones who were ignored by Barry! They were the people from the Private Sector that lost their jobs while Obama was propping up the Public Sector. They were the people that were forced to burn through their lives savings while they waited for The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight (ie the Obama White House) to stop passing things like the ACA (which was a jobs killer) and trying to pass things like Cap & Trade legislation (which would have been another jobs killer!) They suffered while you progressives ignored them and pushed your liberal agenda!

ACA is a job killer? The spin of that has got to be torturous!
What job did it create?
Healthcare workers in clinics all kinds of jobs

i'm an economist. i knew there was going to be a recession 4 years ago, no matter who is president

yes Trump is erratic, yes Trump should get along with our allies to help us solve this problem...but that doesn't matter in the big picture, my friends!

Ok sit on down mr.economist. You didn't know there was going to be a recession anymore than someone in 1960 knew there was going to be a recession.

Trump well deserves each and every lump he gets for economic turndown, nobody made him sell himself on "4,5 or even 6% GDP growth" promises, so don't you now play the bait and switch with "oh well, recessions happen so lets cut our asshole president some slack".

Last edited:
What is Trump doing that is causing this?

Consumer confidence drops more than expected, reaching its lowest point in nearly two years
PUBLISHED TUE, JUN 25 2019 10:01 AM JUN 25 2019 11:21 AM EDT
The recovery is long in the tooth. Household debt is getting up there. Corporate debt is high and it's slowing capital spending. Global growth is slow. The trade mess hasn't helped.

It's always a combination of things. It could turn back up. Right now we don't know.
Recovery?
Are you saying we're still in a recovery ?
WTF was Obama doing for 8 years?????

Well, just so you know, when rich people fully recovered from the Bush Great Recession and were actually BENIFITTING from it, blue collar were still struggling.

In fact they still are. Trump has not made America great again.

A Quarter Of Americans Are 'Worse' Now Than Before The Great Recession

The 10-year anniversary of the end of the Great Recession is approaching. A decade after the housing bust, the economy is robust and the unemployment rateis at a 49-year-low. But not all Americans have recovered.

According to a new survey from Bankrate, 23% of Americans who were adults when the recession started in December 2007 say they are now financially worse off than they were before the recession hit. That’s just under 50 million Americans. Another 25% say they are doing the “same.” In all, just over half believe their “overall finances” are better than before.

“Americans were and continue to be in a degree of denial of the financial crisis and Great Recession,” said Mark Hamrick, Bankrate’s senior economic analyst. “One of the constant themes that presents itself in the data is that Americans are still digging out in many ways from that experience.”

“While some have managed to prosper in the decade since, there are still tens of millions who are struggling to even get back to where they were before the economy took a turn for the worse.”

The study notes that over half of all Americans (54%) who were adults when the recession began endured some sort of negative financial impact during that time.

More than 70% of those who had invested in the stock market saw their investments lose money while just under half of homeowners during the recession said their home lost value. A quarter completely spent their emergency savings, while a fifth took on “substantial” debt. More than 20% of those who had a partner who was working said either their partner or themselves lost their job.

What was Obama doing? He was fighting with Republican obstructionists. I can't believe the American people rewarded those obstructionists by staying home in 2010. Notice I didn't say they came and voted for Republicans? They didn't. They just got frustrated and stayed home. So Republicans obstruction paid off. They played politics with the recovery. So everyone still struggling can thank Repugs.

The people who are worse off now than before the Recession are the ones who were ignored by Barry! They were the people from the Private Sector that lost their jobs while Obama was propping up the Public Sector. They were the people that were forced to burn through their lives savings while they waited for The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight (ie the Obama White House) to stop passing things like the ACA (which was a jobs killer) and trying to pass things like Cap & Trade legislation (which would have been another jobs killer!) They suffered while you progressives ignored them and pushed your liberal agenda!
"They were the people from the Private Sector that lost their jobs while Obama was propping up the Public Sector."

You never stop lying, do you, ya lying con tool?

In reality, Obama is the only president on record to see public sector jobs decrease on his watch...

Truman ............. 609,000
Eisenhower ....... 1,770,000
Kennedy ............ 920,000
Johnson .......... 2,725,000
Nixon ............ 2,119,000
Ford ............... 728,000
Carter ........... 1,304,000
Reagan ........... 1,414,000
GHWBush .......... 1,127,000
Clinton .......... 1,934,000
Bush ............. 1,744,000
Obama ............. -269,000
Trump .............. 190,000

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data - Government Jobs

And Bush, along with Herbert Hoover, are the only presidents to see private sector jobs decrease on their watch. (you voted for Bush, didn'tcha?)

Jan/2001: 111,877,000
Jan/2009: 111,495,000

Bush: -382,000

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data - Private Sector Jobs (2001-2009)

Whereas private sector Jobs were way up under Obama...

With Bush's Great Recession ............................ 11,890,000
Since 2010 when jobs started coming back ... 16,063,000

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data - Private Sector Jobs (2009-2017)

Way to use statistics to paint a picture that didn't exist, Faun! "Public Sector jobs"? Now what would constitute a Public Sector job? That would be Federal, State and Local government jobs...correct? Did Federal jobs decrease under Obama? The answer to that would be NO...they did not! Despite a recession that saw millions of Americans laid off for years...Federal employees didn't get canned. The number of Federal employees actually increased! So who DID get laid off from government jobs and why did that take place? The answer to that is that State and local government workers got laid off! Why? Because unlike the Federal Government...State and local governments just can't print money to pay their employees! They have to balance budgets. So take your accusation of me "lying" and shove it up your ass! You're the biggest bullshit artist on this board! You don't use statistics to tell the truth...you use them to HIDE it!

I wanted 60 votes in the Senate kind of landslide otherwise they can't do anything. I wish they would do the nuclear option and pass bunch of stuff. Then the Republicans can try repealing vacations cheap college and training higher taxes on the rich, good infrastructure etcetera etcetera

I wanted 60 votes in the Senate kind of landslide otherwise they can't do anything

Dems are the weakest twats in the history of twats.

I wanted 60 votes in the Senate kind of landslide otherwise they can't do anything

Dems are the weakest twats in the history of twats.
They can never believe what scum the GOP is and what fools the dupes are.... Time for the nukes.

Forum List

Back