🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Nor'Easter: Yankee Armageddon

Rob37

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2017
Being from the south I have heard the same thing from Yankees all my life: the people in the south are inept idiots when it comes to dealing with snow. The Yankees relish sharing stories with us about how they could get 10 feet of snow and not even blink an eye. In fact, according to them, they don't even think about closing schools unless they get 30 feet and hurricane force winds; and even then they probably are still open. The only time they ever remember the closure of roads was when they got 75 feet and a pack of ravenous Godzillas were on the loose.

Here is the fact: Yankees are pussies. If they are so fucking adept at negotiating winter weather, then why is this little 12-18 inch event causing such a stir, and shutting them down? Further, if the Yankees are such a hearty people, then why do they flock to the south? Also, if they are so damn bad ass that even a 12 year old Yankee girl can effectively drive an 18 wheeler in 50 ft of wet snow, then why can't they deal with heat? Every year there will be a heatwave in the north in which the high temperature hits 90 F, at which point the Yankees literally start dropping dead. In the south, we are 90-100 F with high humidity from June through August. Many times we are over 100F. We seem to get by Ok.

So, you know what? Fuck the northeast and their little snow storm. I got up this morning and was pissy that the temperature was only 44 F. That is too damn cold to me. But it is still a hell of a lot better than you assholes up north are getting right now. Moreover, I don't give a shit how cold it is up there and how much snow you get. Deal with it, Fags!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

We will. School closing at noon; we'll be back in business tomorrow a.m.
When you Southerners get three inches of snow, you're out of commission for days. Jesus. Do you ALL have bald tires? What was that 24 hours stranded on the highway in Atlanta all about? You ever heard of SALT?
And you call US pussies!

When you Southerners get three inches of snow, you're out of commission for days. Jesus. Do you ALL have bald tires? What was that 24 hours stranded on the highway in Atlanta all about? You ever heard of SALT?
And you call US pussies!
We lay salt.
We aren't used to driving in crazy conditions. A big snow to us is like 6 inches.
Our schools will close over one patch of ice on a country road in the middle of nowhere because the kids might not have a ride and it wouldn't be fair. That's what the school board says anyways LOL
I have heard stories of northerners not even traveling during the summer months.
Its just the climate one is used to, I reckon.

• Banned
And you call US pussies!

The Atlanta fiasco was due to 2 things:

1. The Mayor is black and he fucked up accordingly. He cried Armageddon and told everybody to close and get home asap, causing everybody in the city to hit the highways at one time. In no winter weather, this would of been a disaster. Atlanta has a horrible traffic problem. But throw winter weather on top of it and it was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

2. The weather forecasters fucked up. They did not see the winter storm developing. Therefore, there was a notice problem.

We are not great dealing with snow. Part of it is that it is an oddity and we look at it as a holiday to enjoy.

I'm a native Long Islander.

Back in the day, school only got cancelled the morning of. My brother and I would wake up and look out the window to see if it had snowed. If it had, there was no guarantee that school would be closed. Sometimes it was, but many times it wasn't. These days, they'll cancel school the day before if there's even a slight threat of snow. I just don't understand that...

Sunny 89 today.
upload_2017-3-14_6-38-43.png

I grew up and still live in New England and ever since i was a kid I wondered what it is about a snow storm that makes people want to eat French Toast.

Personally I go for a nice bottle of Cabernet and a filet

And you call US pussies!

The Atlanta fiasco was due to 2 things:

1. The Mayor is black and he fucked up accordingly. He cried Armageddon and told everybody to close and get home asap, causing everybody in the city to hit the highways at one time. In no winter weather, this would of been a disaster. Atlanta has a horrible traffic problem. But throw winter weather on top of it and it was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

2. The weather forecasters fucked up. They did not see the winter storm developing. Therefore, there was a notice problem.

We are not great dealing with snow. Part of it is that it is an oddity and we look at it as a holiday to enjoy.

I got stuck in gridlock once for the same reason, all the major companies closed at the same time and the city roads immediately "seized up" and it was snowing like hell. I spent so long idling in one place with the heater, windshield wipers, lights and radio on that my battery almost died. I had to turn off everything and pray. It was hours. So I sort of get it.

last winter was unusually warm, and this winter has been for the most part unusually warm up until today and there was one other day this winter. I think people are just excited because it's a change of pace.

last winter was unusually warm, and this winter has been for the most part unusually warm up until today and there was one other day this winter. I think people are just excited because it's a change of pace.
That, and the media is hyping it. The Weather Channel is acting like Stella is the Second Coming.

It wasn't just a snowstorm...it was a snowstorm with extremely-high WINDS, gusting to 70MPH,

2" shuts down a southern city for three days. We'll be up and running normally tomorrow...might be 1-hour delays for school to let the DPW clear parking lots & walkways of ice from overnight.

It wasn't just a snowstorm...it was a snowstorm with extremely-high WINDS, gusting to 70MPH,

2" shuts down a southern city for three days. We'll be up and running normally tomorrow...might be 1-hour delays for school to let the DPW clear parking lots & walkways of ice from overnight.
The news is reporting that it was not as bad as they thought it would be. PA got hit the worst.

In other words, the NE will be up and running tomorrow because not much happened.

Well now, here in Portland, Oregon, the city shuts down with an inch of snow. Really odd, considering at least once a decade we get an honest inch of ice. Being from Eastern Oregon, I find most of the people's here ability to drive in snow laughable. But, we do have some of the politest drivers in the US. And, we are laid back enough that a day off is an enjoyable break.

Forum List

Back