The NRA Said "The Only Way To Stop A Bad Guy With A Gun,..

Take guns from the good people, ignore the guns of bad people.

Liberal mantra.

What 'good people' lose their guns if we have universal background checks?

Other than face-to-face sales in the states that allow them, we already have universal background checks. Buy from any FFL dealer in the nation and you have to go through the background check and file a Form 4473. Even if there was some merit in treating every citizen trying to buy a gun as though they need to be checked on, those checks don't bring up anything unless the potential buyer is already a convicted felon or adjudicated as mentally unstable.

Remember LaPierre's 'solution' after the Sandy Hook massacre?

He wanted Congress to pass legislation that would arm all our schools to the point where they would effectively

be naval installations.

The NRA opposes stricter gun safety laws for the exact same reason the alcoholic beverage sellers lobby opposes stricter drunk driving laws.

Please provide evidence to support your asinine statement.

Or be a typical libtard coward and run away!!

Take guns from the good people, ignore the guns of bad people.

Liberal mantra.

Other than face-to-face sales in the states that allow them, we already have universal background checks. Buy from any FFL dealer in the nation and you have to go through the background check and file a Form 4473. Even if there was some merit in treating every citizen trying to buy a gun as though they need to be checked on, those checks don't bring up anything unless the potential buyer is already a convicted felon or adjudicated as mentally unstable.

So what was the direct answer to my question?

We already have background checks moron!!

The NRA opposes stricter gun safety laws for the exact same reason the alcoholic beverage sellers lobby opposes stricter drunk driving laws.

The evidence is the money that the NRA gets from gun manufacturers. The NRA has become nothing more than a marketing and PR branch for the gun industry.

Remember LaPierre's 'solution' after the Sandy Hook massacre?

He wanted Congress to pass legislation that would arm all our schools to the point where they would effectively

be naval installations.

Yup, he wants to take men and women who have the psychological excitement threshold of one notch above a librarian and teach them how to shoot and kill.

He's a fucking whore for the gun manufacturers and that is all.

The shooting happened in a gun free zone, in a gun free city. That's really all you need to know.

Yeah, they check to see if you have a drivers license, an address and a pulse, moron.

The evidence is the money that the NRA gets from gun manufacturers. The NRA has become nothing more than a marketing and PR branch for the gun industry.

so? what skin is that taking of you people's ass if that is true?
you don't MIND the UNIONS giving monies and being a PR branch for the democrat party

you all need some new talking points...let your party know people aren't buying these anymore

So you're saying that the universal background check bill that was defeated earlier this year by frantic lobbying by the gun nuts

had no background checks in it that weren't already in place?

lol

Bureaucratic snafus can lead to good people not being able to buy their guns. The system not being down can lead to good people not being able to buy their guns. Sure the messes might be sorted out later(and probably at great expense to the poor guy who didn't do anything wrong), but remember a right delayed is a right denied.

I'm sure treating every citizen like they are criminals is all fine and dandy to you, but unless I've done something in the first place, I shouldn't even need to jump through any hoops. We haven't even gotten into the arguments about the ATF using the 4473s to create an illegal registry of who owns what, and what is the point of a registry except to know where to go when it comes time for a confiscation. See also, New Jersey and California's actions against AR-15s after requiring registration.

is a good guy with a gun"

It turns out Alexis was armed only with a shotgun. He was able to take down those "good guys with guns" in the building to then use their handguns to kill more people.

What will LaPierre and the gun-nutters say now? :eusa_think:

Great question! Great post! Yeah, Alexis goes into a fucking armed camp and showed us all that the NRA is full of shit.

That's a lie. It was an unarmed camp, with inadequate security.

Now I know you are an attorney, albeit by injection. I would think, "The Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth", would mean something in your life.

The shooting happened in a gun free zone, in a gun free city. That's really all you need to know.

You can ascertain that Alexis was the only one with a gun on him? Really? Are gun free zones sort of like drug free zones? And D.C. is a gun free city? You can prove that?

It seems that the cops agree with the sentiment.

After all, they almost always take out a bad guy with a gun by using THEIR guns.

Bureaucratic snafus can lead to good people not being able to buy their guns. The system not being down can lead to good people not being able to buy their guns. Sure the messes might be sorted out later(and probably at great expense to the poor guy who didn't do anything wrong), but remember a right delayed is a right denied.

I'm sure treating every citizen like they are criminals is all fine and dandy to you, but unless I've done something in the first place, I shouldn't even need to jump through any hoops. We haven't even gotten into the arguments about the ATF using the 4473s to create an illegal registry of who owns what, and what is the point of a registry except to know where to go when it comes time for a confiscation. See also, New Jersey and California's actions against AR-15s after requiring registration.

So you oppose ALL background checks.

You're typical of the nuts on this board, although most aren't nutty enough to admit it as you have.

Forum List

Back