The NRA, the KKK, and the 2nd Amendment’s Black History

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
The NRA, the KKK, and the 2nd Amendment’s Black History

by Frederick Sparks
12/20/12

Barnett’s call for lethal black self-defense rested against a back drop of discriminatory laws that deprived black citizens of the cherished 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. Many colonies (and later states) passed laws prohibiting both slaves and freemen from owning firearms, particularly after the failed slave revolt led by Nat Turner. Gun ownership was seen by racist whites as a privilege that would elevate “Negroes” to the status of free whites and as a dangerous threat to white rule.

The National Rifle association supposedly opposed gun laws that restricted African-American gun ownership and in some instances offered support to Black Americans seeking to defend themselves with firearms. In 1958, retired Marine Robert Williams opened a chapter of the NAACP in Monroe, North Carolina. Monroe was also Klan country, and the KKK mounted several vicious assaults agains African-Americans in Monroe. In 1960, Williams applied for and was granted a charter to establish an NRA chapter in Monroe; the association also provided firearms training materials. Mr. Williams and other black NRA members in Monroe subsequently successfully defended themselves with firearms against an attack coordinated between the KKK and the local police.

This history prompted erstwhile civil rights icon Ann Coulter to opine that all blacks should be supporters of the NRA; Coulter also recounted the story of Martin Luther King, Jr being denied a concealed weapons permit. Coulter instructed us that, as with slavery, it was the Republican Party and the NRA that were on the side of black people, not the libs and Dems.

The NRA, the KKK, and the 2nd Amendment?s Black History » Black Skeptics

holderngnfront.jpg

Never Again: Protect the Second Amendment

by Star Parker
March 4, 2013

Friend --

This ad illustrates the very real link between gun control and the historical black experience in this country.

Literally from Jim Crow until present day, black urban communities have been under siege.

During the Black Codes the right to bear arms was taken away and perpetuated during Jim Crow. Today, only 16 percent of Black Americans are armed, and in communities like Chicago where there is the most stringent of gun regulations, murder rates from gun violence are the highest in the nation.

The full measure of the Second Amendment must be upheld. It is in the best interest of all Americans, and especially African Americans.

Never Again: Protect the Second Amendment

Here is more info on the subject as well ( includes Deacons of Defense and Justice):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4mJW-kjSc&noredirect=1]NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 1of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwueChZUgf8]NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 2of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMi023Ofro][FULL VERSION] Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves - YouTube[/ame]

Five Decades of Lies Help Dems Create Monolithic Black Vote

April 11, 2013
By Larry Elder

Minorityturnout.jpg

As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year’s presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln’s Republican Party easily carried the black vote — where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn’t until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.

Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than did Democrats. For his key role breaking the Democrats’ filibuster and getting the act to pass the stalled Senate, Republican Sen. Everett Dirksen, a conservative from Illinois, landed on the cover of Time magazine. President Lyndon Johnson called Dirksen “the hero of the nation.” The Chicago Defender, then the country’s largest black daily newspaper, applauded Dirksen’s “generalship” for helping to successfully push through the bill.

Older black voters sometimes explain they’re opposed to Republicans because of the “racist” Southern strategy. But Richard Nixon speechwriter Pat Buchannan, credited with inventing the “Southern strategy,” considered the Democratic Party the party of the racists. Buchanan said: “We would build our Republican Party on a foundation of states’ rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense, and leave it to the ‘party of [Democratic Georgia Gov. Lester] Maddox, [1966 Democratic challenger against Spiro Agnew for Maryland governor George] Mahoney and [Democratic Alabama Gov. George] Wallace to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice.’”

But the GOP-is-racist meme can be heard nightly on MSNB-Hee Haw and in political science and history classes all over the country. Actor Morgan Freeman calls the tea party racist. Democratic National Committee Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., tells us that the GOP wants to “literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws.”

Keeping blacks ignorant of history remains crucial to this caricature of the Republican Party — and to the monolithic Democratic black vote. Not so black and white, is it?

Five Decades of Lies Help Dems Create Monolithic Black Vote | FrontPage Magazine

VideoWatch: Black Leaders Speak Out Against Gun Control

Last edited:
What I love love love is when the Supreme Court did a double smackdown in McDonald vs Chicago.

Not only did they uphold the 2nd Amendment but they unequivocally bolstered their decision with the 14th.

YAY! I vibe out every time I read the decision. Sheesh, I need a life eh? :lol:

Supreme Court decision in McDonald v Chicago says the 14th Amendment protects our 2nd Amendment rights

Supreme Court decision in McDonald v Chicago says the 14th Amendment protects our 2nd Amendment rights | Mississippi Gun News

What I love love love is when the Supreme Court did a double smackdown in McDonald vs Chicago.

Not only did they uphold the 2nd Amendment but they unequivocally bolstered their decision with the 14th.

YAY! I vibe out every time I read the decision. Sheesh, I need a life eh? :lol:

Supreme Court decision in McDonald v Chicago says the 14th Amendment protects our 2nd Amendment rights

Supreme Court decision in McDonald v Chicago says the 14th Amendment protects our 2nd Amendment rights | Mississippi Gun News

I love it when anti-gun libs are given a huge shit sandwich to eat...

it doesn't happen often enough...

Forum List

Back