The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

I am waiting for your evidence. The quotes I gave were big news at the time

Quote those who disagreed
That NONE of the direct officers in command complained is my point you idiot THAT is a statement all by itself, If the Generals thought it wasnt necessary they too would have said so.

That NONE of the direct officers in command complained is my point you idiot THAT is a statement all by itself, If the Generals thought it wasnt necessary they too would have said so.
Listen you moron

You have zero

Nada

Zilch.

Did you get shot in the head gunny?

Yes...this is much better. Lol

Pre-emptive use of low-yield nukes would be difficult to justify today. The one situation where I'd approve of it would be to use a L-Y bunker buster-type munition to destroy Iran's nuke facilities. They have openly, REPEATEDLY threatened the annihilation of another UN nation. Once they have the means, the strategic situation in the Gulf region will be untenable for the civilized world.
Iran's bunkers are very incompetently designed. They can be destroyed with conventional bunker busters.

Funny how I've provided loads of evidence and been met with "Nuh-uh! You lying!"
What impressive historical scholarship. :rolleyes-41:
But you haven't provided loads of evidence. You are linking to a single inaccurate article over and over and over again.

If you want scholarship, I recommend starting with "Japan's Decision to Surrender" by Robert J.C. Butow, and then reading "Japan's Longest Day" by The Pacific War Research Society.

Note that The Pacific War Research Society are Japanese historians, so in addition to providing a good solid historical background of the end of the war, they also provide it with an interesting perspective.

Indeed I have.
No you haven't.

Nor could you have. Since it never even happened, no evidence exists to support that it happened.

Japan offered to surrender only after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

But you haven't provided loads of evidence. You are linking to a single inaccurate article over and over and over again.

If you want scholarship, I recommend starting with "Japan's Decision to Surrender" by Robert J.C. Butow, and then reading "Japan's Longest Day" by The Pacific War Research Society.

Note that The Pacific War Research Society are Japanese historians, so in addition to providing a good solid historical background of the end of the war, they also provide it with an interesting perspective.

No you haven't.

Nor could you have. Since it never even happened, no evidence exists to support that it happened.

Japan offered to surrender only after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.
I recommend Gar Alperovitz

Of course you did

HAHAHAHAHA

I think I will just insult you instead of debate.

I gave you a chance for civil debate.....but you insist
That's all you've been doing. You haven't been debating, you've been trying to make a position that NONE of the facts including the historical records of the Japanese who made the decisions don't agree with. I'm not wasting any more time on you because you are either and opinionated idiot or a troll.

They were seeking surrender with conditions. The American public was righteously PISSED at what had been done to our soldiers and marines and there was never going to be anything less than an unconditional surrender that was acceptable. Need I remind you that even AFTER the first bomb, they STILL refused to surrender? They wanted guarantees that the Mikado be left in his place as ruler and it cost them a second bombing.
Actually it was even worse than that. After the first atomic bomb Japan was still completely refusing to surrender.

Japan's offer to surrender if the Emperor was allowed to retain unlimited dictatorial power as Japan's living deity only came after the SECOND atomic bomb.

But it almost cost them a third bombing. Japan came to their senses and agreed to our terms just a few days before the third atomic bomb was ready to use on them.

That's all you've been doing. You haven't been debating, you've been trying to make a position that NONE of the facts including the historical records of the Japanese who made the decisions don't agree with. I'm not wasting any more time on you because you are either and opinionated idiot or a troll.
The quotes of the military leaders are part of the historical record and are facts

Buh bye

Actually it was even worse. Japan was refusing to surrender at all.

Japan only offered to surrender with conditions AFTER the second atomic bomb was dropped.

We were days away from dropping a third atomic bomb on them when Japan relented and agreed to our terms.
Japan only surrendered after russia entered the war

Forum List

Back