"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

are you saying that CNN is lying?

Not my call :)

I can tell you however that the ones getting screwed are the young making less than 11500.

the young making less than 11500 are Medicaid-eligible, so they are not screwed at all.

The ones being screwed the most are the ones earning one cent more above the set threshold - those are screwed the most.

Plus those who are being gauged by additional taxes.

(sigh) Whatever ;)

No they do not all qualify....its cute how you think CNN is the gospel.

https://www.askblueinsurance.com/bcbsne

Go ahead, play with it yourself :)

The law is the law, and it is Nationwide...no state gets its own rules.

Except they do.

And that is the whole pint here:

CNN: No Obamacare subsidy for some low-income Americans - CNN.com

One of the basic tenets of Obamacare is that the government will help lower-income Americans -- anyone making less than about $45,900 a year -- pay for the health insurance everyone is now mandated to have.

But a CNN analysis shows that in the largest city in nearly every state, many low-income younger Americans won't get any subsidy at all. Administration officials said the reason so many Americans won't receive a subsidy is that the cost of insurance is lower than the government initially expected. Subsidies are calculated using a complicated formula based on the cost of insurance premiums, which can vary drastically from state to state, and even county to county.

That doesn't change the fact that in Chicago, a 27-year old will receive no subsidy to help offset premiums of more than $165 a month if he makes more than $27,400 a year.

In Portland, Oregon, subsidies for individuals making just $28,725 a year phase out for those younger than 35 years old.

Despite the secretary's assurance, a 25-year-old living in Nashville, Tennessee, making $25,500 will not qualify for a subsidy, for example

Explain these exact bolded statements - how can they change the rules - the details are regulated by the state and HHS, not the law itself, BTW - and not give ANY subsidy to the guys in Oregon, Chicago and TN.

Are you stupid?

I just said that the young are getting screwed the worst, educate yourself then get back to me.

it is you who are STUPID - I have posted the exact same link and the exact same text couple of pages before and that is when you pompously started your diatribe about the 52 yo you have just had with a subsidy :lol:

except I never was talking about your 52 year olds.

Only about THIS article, which you, obviously, were too lazy to read.

But did not forget to put your imaginable crown of know-it-all.

Turns out you don't know it.

At all.

Except they do.

And that is the whole pint here:

CNN: No Obamacare subsidy for some low-income Americans - CNN.com

One of the basic tenets of Obamacare is that the government will help lower-income Americans -- anyone making less than about $45,900 a year -- pay for the health insurance everyone is now mandated to have.

But a CNN analysis shows that in the largest city in nearly every state, many low-income younger Americans won't get any subsidy at all. Administration officials said the reason so many Americans won't receive a subsidy is that the cost of insurance is lower than the government initially expected. Subsidies are calculated using a complicated formula based on the cost of insurance premiums, which can vary drastically from state to state, and even county to county.

That doesn't change the fact that in Chicago, a 27-year old will receive no subsidy to help offset premiums of more than $165 a month if he makes more than $27,400 a year.

In Portland, Oregon, subsidies for individuals making just $28,725 a year phase out for those younger than 35 years old.

Despite the secretary's assurance, a 25-year-old living in Nashville, Tennessee, making $25,500 will not qualify for a subsidy, for example

Explain these exact bolded statements - how can they change the rules - the details are regulated by the state and HHS, not the law itself, BTW - and not give ANY subsidy to the guys in Oregon, Chicago and TN.

Are you stupid?

I just said that the young are getting screwed the worst, educate yourself then get back to me.

it is you who are STUPID - I have posted the exact same link and the exact same text couple of pages before and that is when you pompously started your diatribe about the 52 yo you have just had with a subsidy :lol:

except I never was talking about your 52 year olds.

Only about THIS article, which you, obviously, were too lazy to read.

But did not forget to put your imaginable crown of know-it-all.

Turns out you don't know it.

At all.

Sure I do.....my daughter is 29, makes 30 grand and gets nothing.....so no....there aren't special rulles for different States.....not all young folks making less tha 11500 qualify for Medicare...and you7r aticle does nothing to disput one thing I've said....

Apparently you need to show everyone you have the bigger dick.....sorry.

Not my call :)

I can tell you however that the ones getting screwed are the young making less than 11500.

the young making less than 11500 are Medicaid-eligible, so they are not screwed at all.

The ones being screwed the most are the ones earning one cent more above the set threshold - those are screwed the most.

Plus those who are being gauged by additional taxes.

(sigh) Whatever ;)

No they do not all qualify....its cute how you think CNN is the gospel.

I do not think it is the gospel.

It was simply about the area never disputed before - and as the vast majority of people I have had the impression that the subsidies are there if one is earning less than the threshold.

They were the first to announce it is not so.

Therefore I posted the link and cited some excerpts.

I do not qualify for any subsidy, so my interest is purely academical.

Since you know insurance industry from inside, you might be a great help to actually point what might be true, what might be not.

Instead you get all wired for no reason.

The question was - did you encounter anything resembling what they describe - the set up rules of lowering the amount of subsidy threshold ( and substantially) depending on the age group?

Sure I do.....my daughter is 29, makes 30 grand and gets nothing.....so no....there aren't special rulles for different States.....not all young folks making less tha 11500 qualify for Medicare...and you7r aticle does nothing to disput one thing I've said....

take a breath, because you are going to get a stroke here and your daughter( and I assume wife) still need you ;)

The ones earning less than poverty level qualify for Medicaid, not Medicare, if they are young - that's for one.
If your daughter earns 30K and is 29 and does not qualify for a subsidy - you have just proved that CNN article got those fact correctly.

so why were you objecting earlier with your 52 yo?

take a breath, because you are going to get a stroke here and your daughter( and I assume wife) still need you ;)

The ones earning less than poverty level qualify for Medicaid, not Medicare, if they are young - that's for one.
If your daughter earns 30K and is 29 and does not qualify for a subsidy - you have just proved that CNN article got those fact correctly.

LOL.
You should go back and read, you've done nothing to disprove anything I've said.....
You can't get under my skin, nobody can...this is just the intenet.

You see, I live/do healthcare all day, every day....I know what the rules are, I know what the law says....

All day long.

LOL.
You should go back and read, you've done nothing to disprove anything I've said.....

You see, I live/do healthcare all day, every day....I know what the rules are, I know what the law says....

All day long.

I don't have to disprove anything - it was YOU who jumped on me and Katz for telling that in some instances all the salvos about subsidies are FAKE - and now you stated the same with an example of your own daughter :lol:

so it was YOU who was trying to disprove the facts presented in the article not even reading the article and not bothering to understand what both of us were saying.

You were so full of yourself that you dd not even understand what we were pointing at.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0O2rydgz9A]NC Small Biz Owner: Obamacare Driving Me To Drink - YouTube[/ame]

LOL.

All day long.

I don't have to disprove anything - it was YOU who jumped on me and Katz for telling that in some instances all the salvos about subsidies are FAKE - and now you stated the same with an example of your own daughter :lol:

so it was YOU who was trying to disprove the facts presented in the article not even reading the article and not bothering to understand what both of us were saying.

You were so full of yourself that you dd not even understand what we were pointing at.

(smile) The subsidies aren't fake....
A) You either qualify or you don't
B) You can use them on any plan you want.

Just thank me and go play in the yard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpnn4npwyKc]Virginia Cancer Patient's Insurance Terminated Due To ObamaCare - YouTube[/ame]

LOL.

All day long.

(smile) The subsidies aren't fake....
A) You either qualify or you don't
B) You can use them on any plan you want.

Just thank me and go play in the yard.

of course they are fake - as your daughter and all other young adults across the country have learned recently. or are going to learn. and that was the point of the article and the very point of my statement.

Too bad you still do not get it :D
I don't care about the subsidies.
But it turns out they are just another Lie in this total big lie - which does not surprise me at all - because the left always lies :)

Forum List

Back