🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQqvDsbxwA]Police Pepper Spray UC Davis Protsters Nov 18,2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Police Pepper Spray UC Davis Protsters Nov 18,2011

Again I notice that no one is posting what happened in the minutes before the police used the spray.

Fallows/The Atlantic

3) Shooting vs spraying. Reader MS sends in a link to a different UC Davis video.
I'd like to direct to you to this far less publicized video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWEx6Cfn-I"]far less publicized video[/ame] that starts a couple of minutes earlier in the incident, where Officer Pike [who did the spraying] seems to have threatened the students that he and his men would shoot them:

At that point in the video, they are clearly brandishing their non-lethal guns.

Again, more questions...

- I'm sure he would now try to say he meant 'shoot them with pepper spray', but notice his officers' posture and that Pike immediately rejoins their ranks. It's only later, after the crowd yelling "don't shoot students" and some seeming deliberation that the pepper spray is fetched. Plus, why use the verb "shoot", when "spray" would be more appropriate?

- How non-lethal is it to shoot those guns from a standing position down towards the heads of protesters at close range?

- Does it not at least violate policy to shoot even non-lethal guns at perps that have their back turned to you, aren't menacing anyone, and aren't fleeing?

- It's clear to a viewer of the video that Pike meant that his officers would shoot protesters with non-lethal weapons, not their lethal firearms. However, considering the seated protesters had their backs to the officers, did/could they know that?
4) Cameras. *snip*

Again I notice that no one is posting what happened in the minutes before the police used the spray.

Consider that there already was an admittance, an apology, and Administrative Action taken.

To me it looks like these Campus Cops were way out of line. The Circumstances did not seem to call for that, at all. These Protesters were sitting, not Rioting. We all learn from these encounters, that's the good of it. The question is whether are willing to. There are rules of engagement that all sides need to be aware of and adhere to. Those Kids ended up soaked, drenched in pepper spray. It seemed Sadistic.

Appeared to me that the officer told the one protester what was going to happen, and the kid replied "that's OK". Then several officers made an attempt to move one of them, the protester went limp.

Then they were sprayed. Had they not resisted being moved off the sidewalk who knows what would have happened.

The guns were never pointed at the students and they clearly knew what was going to happen.

Appeared to me that the officer told the one protester what was going to happen, and the kid replied "that's OK". Then several officers made an attempt to move one of them, the protester went limp.

Then they were sprayed. Had they not resisted being moved off the sidewalk who knows what would have happened.

The guns were never pointed at the students and they clearly knew what was going to happen.

Thank goodness most Americans have more humanity than you.

You would rather have another Kent State? Pepper spray is pretty tame in comparison.

You would rather have another Kent State? Pepper spray is pretty tame in comparison.

I would rather that these peaceful demostrators were treated humanely.

Ollie, you seem like a decent fellow. This is America. People have the right to protest.

Ollie, you seem like a decent fellow. This is America. People have the right to protest.

Then move when asked. You do not have the right to disrupt life for anyone else.

Then move when asked. You do not have the right to disrupt life for anyone else.

And how much did Wall Street's derivatives Ponzi scheme disrupt life all over the world?

If ABC had good reporting skills they would cite their source. ABC is following is FOX news footsteps. Throw the crap out there and hope it sticks. Apparently the crap stuck on you. Oppps.
ABC an stalwart member of the MSM (liberal bias) now has no credibility because they reported facts that do not fit the lib template.
Nice try....Doesn't get it done.

Personally, I would rather had them Arrested and Processed through the System. That was an abuse of Authority, that will only escalate and fuel more resistance. That is the exact opposite effect needed.

Even when in violation of the Law, when the tone is peaceful, it should be respected. Leave the mace, the tazers, the batons, the Tear Gas, for when Violence does break out. Don't Incite and inflame by using extreme measures when they are not warranted. Don't blur the distinction between right and wrong.

Even when in violation of the Law, when the tone is peaceful, it should be respected. Leave the mace, the tazers, the batons, the Tear Gas, for when Violence does break out. Don't Incite and inflame by using extreme measures when they are not warranted. Don't blur the distinction between right and wrong.
here's the problem. The protesters know this. Once they have been told to move along, they sit or lie in place. This forces the polce to use physical force in order to perform their duty. At times the individuals become belligerent which then requires the police to use no lethal weaponry.
This is all part of the plan. Make the cops look bad and gain sympathy for themselves.
If it were up to me, I'd have the police set up the loudest most annoying music system and torture them with noise.

And they do not have "full training". Some do I am sure as most likely a lot of them are retired and 2nding their years. Nothing wrong with that as I like to see that but someone made a big BOO BOO on this and watch the heads roll.
As they should. Lack of professionalism.
In many states, sworn officers must attend a police academy.
Here in NC, all sworn police officers (power of arrest on public or private property) must attend a police academy and acquire Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification.
Look, the protesters are smart. They know what buttons to push. They know how to push the envelope.
The general public has had enough and probably, so has law enforcement.
OWS is losing public support. With each day, the next traffic snarl or street closing pisses off working people, OWS loses credibility.
Enough! Time to set things right again. If the politically correct hand wringers don't like it, they will just have to be upset.

here's the problem. The protesters know this. Once they have been told to move along, they sit or lie in place. This forces the polce to use physical force in order to perform their duty. At times the individuals become belligerent which then requires the police to use no lethal weaponry.
This is all part of the plan. Make the cops look bad and gain sympathy for themselves.
If it were up to me, I'd have the police set up the loudest most annoying music system and torture them with noise.

The plan of Non-Violent Civil Disobedience is to Force Arrest, Give Witness in Court, as to why you were compelled to break the Law in the first place. What Perceived Injustice you are willing to sacrifice your time and freedom to act against in such a way, is on you. from MLK, Gandhi, Locke, it is about facing Prosecution to battle a greater wrong. Be it on target, or misguided, is another issue. The side effects like overburdening the system, is another issue.

The Cop's need to recognize and distinguish between Committed Nonviolence and Actual Threat, it is not the same, nor should it be treated in the same way. There is Rally, there is Protest and Demonstration, There is Non-Violent Civil Disobedience, there is Riot. You treat everything like Riot, they will all end like Riot, fueling Dissent.

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!
.....And, the folks at....

....are shittin' themselves!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
532.gif
529.gif
529.gif

Forum List

Back