🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

I still have to believe that those dumb kids were told that they were going to get sprayed and they accepted it as a matter of course. What we truly do not know is if the police actually told them if they were going to be arrested. There was an attempt by police to physically move them. Me, I would have moved them. And if they got hurt then it would have been my fault for that too.......

They should have been clubbed like harp seals and dragged off. Preferably to a city dump someplace where they wouldn't be offensive.

Legitimate civil disobedience requres a legitimate target. Protesting people who have more than you do isn't a legitimate target.

In seeking an active form of civil disobedience, one should choose to actually know what end result you are attempting to achieve.

Their idea is to get rid of Wall Street.

Osama bin Laden tried to get rid of Wall Street because he viewed America as bad.

Jeremy Wright, pastor, tried to get his paritioners to dismantle America's financial structure with 30 years of "God Damn America" Gospels spoken every Sunday wherever he could get his congregation together.

Obama tried to get rid of Britain and the American Oil Drillers after an "accident" occurred that really didn't make sense, and findings left many Americans suspicions that someone other than BP did the deed, someone who had something to gain by shaming Great Britain and closing out the oil industry in southern states.

Obama used his power to get lending institutions to into making bad loans, then used his power to take them over when they failed due to the bad loans made at the Democrats' insistence. He bit off more than he could chew.

Now, OWS is making a scene to get the public's mind off the bad loans Obama has incurred against the people of the United States in his quest to destroy the energy industry and the banking industry.

If people are wriggling their noses at people who poop on police squad cars, they're less likely to notice Obama's excusing his incompetent helpers, the Democrat congress, and use the bully pulpit to lie his way back into the limelight and cast an evil light on Republicans who aren't taking this destruction of free enterprise lightly.

Union Teachers in history departments have done their part by brainwashing students into thinking America is a bad idea, and getting them to do rotten things to keep the public attention off what is really going on--the communization of America by Barack Obama, Hillary and Bill Clinton, and of course, George Soros, their financial backer who did his damnedest to destroy the economy of Great Britain, possibly because they were uncooperative with his politics.

OWS is nothing but a flimsy smoke screen for Democrat skullduggery.

Again I notice that no one is posting what happened in the minutes before the police used the spray.

Fallows/The Atlantic

3) Shooting vs spraying. Reader MS sends in a link to a different UC Davis video.
I'd like to direct to you to this far less publicized video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWEx6Cfn-I"]far less publicized video[/ame] that starts a couple of minutes earlier in the incident, where Officer Pike [who did the spraying] seems to have threatened the students that he and his men would shoot them:

At that point in the video, they are clearly brandishing their non-lethal guns.

Again, more questions...

- I'm sure he would now try to say he meant 'shoot them with pepper spray', but notice his officers' posture and that Pike immediately rejoins their ranks. It's only later, after the crowd yelling "don't shoot students" and some seeming deliberation that the pepper spray is fetched. Plus, why use the verb "shoot", when "spray" would be more appropriate?

- How non-lethal is it to shoot those guns from a standing position down towards the heads of protesters at close range?

- Does it not at least violate policy to shoot even non-lethal guns at perps that have their back turned to you, aren't menacing anyone, and aren't fleeing?

- It's clear to a viewer of the video that Pike meant that his officers would shoot protesters with non-lethal weapons, not their lethal firearms. However, considering the seated protesters had their backs to the officers, did/could they know that?
4) Cameras. *snip*
cricket.gif
cricket.gif
cricket.gif

None of the wingnuts want to talk about this.
They should have been hauled off to jail

Hey,

Thanks for posting the video of those students getting smacked and sprayed.

I enjoyed watching it several times.

Should happen more often !

I still have to believe that those dumb kids were told that they were going to get sprayed and they accepted it as a matter of course. What we truly do not know is if the police actually told them if they were going to be arrested. There was an attempt by police to physically move them. Me, I would have moved them. And if they got hurt then it would have been my fault for that too.......

I am sure they were.
But that does not matter. Bank tellers accept the bank getting robbed each and every time.
Wrong is wrong and there is no escuses for wrong.
The plan was to spray them. Read Intense's excellent analysis of how the police were there to do just as they did.
They acted the wrong way. Watch COPS on TV, officers wrestling old women to the ground for nothing. We had a case here in Atlanta where they shot an oldblack woman, lied and covered it up and the woman died. Big case.
No excuse and gives the police a bad name.

In seeking an active form of civil disobedience, one should choose to actually know what end result you are attempting to achieve.

I like it Ollie! The Occutards do not have a clue what they want.
But that has nothing to do with being assaulted for not responding to a police command.
What the cops did there was against the law. I saw many videos today and overkill is an understatement of what happened.
Wrong is wrong and there are no excuses for wrong.

That's right. :):):)

Seems to me that the organizers and participants are hoping for such clashes to bolster thier case. So far cooler heads have prevailed, and the people have seen to fall out of favour to thier cause because they see right through it, and are applauding getting the situation under control...Law and Order every time.

:):):)

The High Road will always pay off better, no matter what side of the issue one is on. Make no mistake, there are Antagonists and Opportunists on both sides. Sometimes the slightest mistake gets people hurt.

I was watching the NFL this afternoon and Arian Foster RB for the Houston Texans said he went down to the OWS to experience the thrill of the place. The rest of the announcers acted like "Yeah, that's cool".

CBS is trying to make the occupiers look like heroes.

WTF is wrong with this country!!!!

How much time do you have?

Again I notice that no one is posting what happened in the minutes before the police used the spray.

Fallows/The Atlantic

3) Shooting vs spraying. Reader MS sends in a link to a different UC Davis video.
I'd like to direct to you to this far less publicized video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWEx6Cfn-I"]far less publicized video[/ame] that starts a couple of minutes earlier in the incident, where Officer Pike [who did the spraying] seems to have threatened the students that he and his men would shoot them:

At that point in the video, they are clearly brandishing their non-lethal guns.

Again, more questions...

- I'm sure he would now try to say he meant 'shoot them with pepper spray', but notice his officers' posture and that Pike immediately rejoins their ranks. It's only later, after the crowd yelling "don't shoot students" and some seeming deliberation that the pepper spray is fetched. Plus, why use the verb "shoot", when "spray" would be more appropriate?

- How non-lethal is it to shoot those guns from a standing position down towards the heads of protesters at close range?

- Does it not at least violate policy to shoot even non-lethal guns at perps that have their back turned to you, aren't menacing anyone, and aren't fleeing?

- It's clear to a viewer of the video that Pike meant that his officers would shoot protesters with non-lethal weapons, not their lethal firearms. However, considering the seated protesters had their backs to the officers, did/could they know that?
4) Cameras. *snip*
cricket.gif
cricket.gif
cricket.gif

None of the wingnuts want to talk about this.

those are pepper ball guns

no agency brings lethal long arms to a potentially hands on protest encounter

impossible to keep control of a long arm in a crowd

And they do not have "full training". Some do I am sure as most likely a lot of them are retired and 2nding their years. Nothing wrong with that as I like to see that but someone made a big BOO BOO on this and watch the heads roll.
As they should. Lack of professionalism.
In many states, sworn officers must attend a police academy.
Here in NC, all sworn police officers (power of arrest on public or private property) must attend a police academy and acquire Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification.
Look, the protesters are smart. They know what buttons to push. They know how to push the envelope.
The general public has had enough and probably, so has law enforcement.
OWS is losing public support. With each day, the next traffic snarl or street closing pisses off working people, OWS loses credibility.
Enough! Time to set things right again. If the politically correct hand wringers don't like it, they will just have to be upset.

I give out lunches to those who need them on Mondays. Everyone who comes in for one, that talks about it, favors the protests. The problem is that mw no longer pays even for a roof over your head and we have working people that are living in tents. Every so often, the cops find them and bulldoze the tents and all their belongings just disappear. These people are trying to survive in a world that has no place for them..Apparently you think they should just die and "decrease the surplus population".

I'm in favor of whatever it takes to bring this country back to a large middleclass and a living wage for the lowest paid workers. No one who is working should have to live in a tent and lose everything when the cops find their places.

I wish some of you would do what I do, go spend some time around these people. Yes some are drug addicts, but not all. In fact few of the ones I see are on drugs.

The powerful movement has degenerated to no more than a 4 -10 person skeleton crew making sure their shit doesn't get removed from the plaza in Minneapolis and "rallies" of maybe 30 people.

Yep. Working to keep homeless people occupied with something other than begging

And they do not have "full training". Some do I am sure as most likely a lot of them are retired and 2nding their years. Nothing wrong with that as I like to see that but someone made a big BOO BOO on this and watch the heads roll.
Here in NC, all sworn police officers (power of arrest on public or private property) must attend a police academy and acquire Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification.
Look, the protesters are smart. They know what buttons to push. They know how to push the envelope.
OWS is losing public support. With each day, the next traffic snarl or street closing pisses off working people, OWS loses credibility.
Enough! Time to set things right again. If the politically correct hand wringers don't like it, they will just have to be upset.

I give out lunches to those who need them on Mondays. Everyone who comes in for one, that talks about it, favors the protests. The problem is that mw no longer pays even for a roof over your head and we have working people that are living in tents. Every so often, the cops find them and bulldoze the tents and all their belongings just disappear. These people are trying to survive in a world that has no place for them..Apparently you think they should just die and "decrease the surplus population".

I'm in favor of whatever it takes to bring this country back to a large middleclass and a living wage for the lowest paid workers. No one who is working should have to live in a tent and lose everything when the cops find their places.

I wish some of you would do what I do, go spend some time around these people. Yes some are drug addicts, but not all. In fact few of the ones I see are on drugs.

Students educating themselves for what the market demands would be the first step.
You see, this is what has happened over the last 30 years:
Kids grow up in a society here where when they start school almost all of the students get promoted to the next grade no matter what. "It does not help their self esteem to fail them or give them bad grades" is the chant. Many schools promote each student no matter what. School testing cheating is rampant.
Then the kids start playing sports at a young age now. "Let us not keep score because the kids on the losing team may get upset if they lose" I heard all the time. And saw it as I coached many a team for 20 years. The kids learn that it is okay not to try hard but to have fun. I ALWAYS put having fun as the first priority and if they lost, big deal! No problem. But we always tried to win fairly. But that is not what these kids hear.
And then the parents wanted to give each kid a trophy at the end of each year no matter what. I had a kid one year when he was 6 or 7 with one of my sons' teams and we won second place. The kids all got a 2nd place trophy. This one kid broke his in half "I do not want a 2nd place trophy. I want a first place trophy" We thought at first he was mad because he did not earn the trophy and was not settling for the second place trophy. But NO! Even a few of the mothers thought it was not "fair" that the other kids got first place trophies that were bigger!
Then these kids go to high school and they get cell phones-computers-cars-clothes-ipads-whatever without having to do a damn thing. Then they go to college either entirely paid for by Mommy and Daddy or the taxpayer.
Then the kid graduates with a degree in Greek history of gender studies and goes looking for a job. "It is not fair that I can not find a job that will guarantee me a middle class wage"
Well tough shit Johnny. Your ass finally is in the real world now WHERE THE SCORE COUNTS. You have to QUALIFY for a job in the real world and you have TO EARN IT.

As a result of the past 30 years, this is what we end up with:
Our DC: "They don't have a lot of cuts and stuff for everybody." - YouTube

What the hell are you talking about?
Sandwiches? "MW"? Bulldozing tents? What people are surviving with "no place"? Except the homeless that is ...
Decrease the WHAT?!!!!
Why should I or anyone who has things to do such as WORK, provide for their family and otherwise be a productive law abiding citizen go and see these people? Why would anyone want to waste their time on a bunch of freeloaders and do nothings?
Look, these protesters have worn out their welcome. They are not going to change a thing. In fact they are just pissing everyone off. They are committing crimes against each other committing crimes against private property, blocking traffic, interfering with commerce, preventing individuals from getting into their place of business, etc.
The fact is unlike the protesters of the 60's who had a message( end the Vietnam war and "live and let live") these OWS people have no message other than they want all their debt to be wiped away with a magic wand and they want total equality of outcome.
These are two things that will NOT going to happen.

They Want Jobs!

"Third, what do the Occupy Wall Street protesters really want? According to Mike Konczal’s careful assessment of their published grievances, jobs are the number one issue. So again we should ask: Who caused the financial crisis that destroyed so many jobs?"

Too-Big-to-Fail Wall Street Banks caused the destruction of 8 million US jobs so far.
Stay tuned for Europe's Lehman Brother's moment.

Wall Street v. Elizabeth Warren « The Baseline Scenario

CBO: Obama Pork Bill hurts economy in the long run

of the benefits of President Obama’s 2009 stimulus package, saying it may have sustained as few as 700,000 jobs at its peak last year and that over the long run it will actually be a net drag on the economy.

CBO said that while the Recovery Act boosted the economy in the short run, the extra debt that the stimulus piled up “crowds out” private investment and “will reduce output slightly in the long run — by between 0 and 0.2 percent after 2016.”

The analysis confirms what CBO predicted before the stimulus passed in February 2009, though the top-end decline of two tenths of a percent is actually deeper than the agency predicted back then.

I am sure they were.
But that does not matter. Bank tellers accept the bank getting robbed each and every time.
Wrong is wrong and there is no escuses for wrong.
The plan was to spray them. Read Intense's excellent analysis of how the police were there to do just as they did.
They acted the wrong way. Watch COPS on TV, officers wrestling old women to the ground for nothing. We had a case here in Atlanta where they shot an oldblack woman, lied and covered it up and the woman died. Big case.
No excuse and gives the police a bad name.
How can you make that claim when NOBODY has seen all the evidence?

All we've seen is an edited video that does not show the entire incident, beginning to end.

I've seen other students imterviewed, stating that those protesters were given repeated orders to move to the demonstration square, that ALL state Universities in California have, for the purpose of protest an demonstration.....That they were ILLEGALLY blocking the right of way of students trying to get to their classes.....That it appeared the protesters were looking to provoke a confrontation with campus security......Make no mistake, theY are not cops, they are campus security.

I've said it before, i'll say it again....god forbid many on this board ever sit on a jury of their peers......Many seem to just rush to judgement, without seeing or hearing all the evidence to be presented.

Last edited:
They Want Jobs!

"Third, what do the Occupy Wall Street protesters really want? According to Mike Konczal’s careful assessment of their published grievances, jobs are the number one issue. So again we should ask: Who caused the financial crisis that destroyed so many jobs?"

Too-Big-to-Fail Wall Street Banks caused the destruction of 8 million US jobs so far.
Stay tuned for Europe's Lehman Brother's moment.

Wall Street v. Elizabeth Warren « The Baseline Scenario

No they do not. As depicted in the Washington DC videos where the head hunters had applications for jobs in many categories. One woman said "we don't do that" and "we won't work for them"....Another said, "how am I supposed to pay my student loan with that?"
At Occupy Charlotte a woman who said she was not a participant but a supporter said she offered donuts and coffee from a local Dunkin' Donuts shop. The leader of the protesters refused the gifts saying that Dunkin Donuts was one of the companies on their protest list.
The woman who offered the donuts called into the talk radio station and discussed this.
The station sent the host down to Occupy Charlotte to ask why. The spokesperson when informed that most DD shops were privately owned by small business people said that the interview was concluded. in other words he had egg on his face and probably felt stupid.
These people are a waste of time. Millions of dollars in taxpayer money is being squandered to deploy police to deal with them and of course the additional costs to clean up their filth.

Forum List

Back