The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

Pepper spray or baton across the nogin.

Failure to respond to lawful orders has gotten you beaten down since the dawn of man.

And it was against the law in America for 200 years. Something about cruel and unusual punishment.
We have something called a jury here. Ever heard of that? The presumption of innocence?
Police can ONLY use force when they are threatened or their life is in danger.
Worked a case recently where someone took a picture of a police officer riding a motorcycle because they liked the bike. Against the law in all states now and $1000 fine.
Stalin would be proud.

Actually police can use force to make an arrest with a non compliant person
There are different levels. If such was not the case then there would be very few arrests.

Your are confusing when police are allowed to use deadly force

For example:
The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights has stated that "…in diffusing situations, apprehending alleged criminals, and protecting themselves and others, officers are legally entitled to use appropriate means, including force."

They weren't arresting anyone here so how am I confused?
Sitting down is not resisting arrest as the Supreme Court ruled on that in the late 50s in civil rights cases.
"apprehending alleged criminals"
Respectfully, how were they apprehended?:lol::lol: They were sitting on their asses.
POST standards are real clear on this. Turns out these were campus police and they most likely knew nothing of THE LAW.
I have taken POST training. These officers are suspended for just cause. What they did was against the law.

Sitting down is not resisting arrest as the Supreme Court ruled on that in the late 50s in civil rights cases.
Respectfully, how were they apprehended?:lol::lol: They were sitting on their asses.

nope

arrested for illegal camping and resisting arrest

spray tan and cuff

Well, the facts of THE LAW come out. The officers are suspended with pay pending an investigation because you are not allowed to use force on folks unless they resist arrest.
POST education in every state teaches that.
Go ahead and arrest the Occutards and fine them 1000 a piece is fine with me but you CAN NOT use physical force on any suspect unless they resist arrest.

"standard police procedure" was BS.

MSNBC reports (Please comrades, tell MSNBC is not part of the evil right-wing cabal now)
Charles J. Kelly, a former Baltimore Police Department lieutenant who wrote the department’s use of force guidelines, said pepper spray is a “compliance tool” that can be used on subjects who do not resist, and is preferable to simply lifting protesters.

“When you start picking up human bodies, you risk hurting them,” Kelly said. “Bodies don’t have handles on them.”

After reviewing the video, Kelly said he observed at least two cases of “active resistance” from protesters. In one instance, a woman pulls her arm back from an officer. In the second instance, a protester curls into a ball. Each of those actions could have warranted more force, including baton strikes and pressure-point techniques.
Advertise | AdChoices

“What I’m looking at is fairly standard police procedure,” Kelly said.

"compliance tool" my ass. The officers were suspended for breaking THE LAW.
What do you expect another blue to say?
"active resistance" what a sad sack bull shitter this cop is. I saw the video and he is full of shit. Woman pulling her arm back "active resistance"
Well the bull shit artist cop left out THE LAW. It has to be active resistance WITH AN ATTEMPT TO FLEE.
The kids were sitting on their ass. What would you do if someone was about to pepper spray you in the face?
They could have arrested all of them easily and I would have liked to see that and fine each of them $1000 a piece.
What they did was wrong and against POST standards in Georgia and most all states.
Sad that there are police officers that cover up abuses like this. No wonder they get a bad name. 95% of police officers I know would not agree with that cop.

nope

arrested for illegal camping and resisting arrest

spray tan and cuff

They should have been arrested and fined heavily. I believe the Occutards are spoiled brats.
But the pepper spraying was wrong. Only wimpy cops do that. Take a look at these cops. They enjoyed it.
Sick bastards.

And it was against the law in America for 200 years. Something about cruel and unusual punishment.
We have something called a jury here. Ever heard of that? The presumption of innocence?
Police can ONLY use force when they are threatened or their life is in danger.
Worked a case recently where someone took a picture of a police officer riding a motorcycle because they liked the bike. Against the law in all states now and $1000 fine.
Stalin would be proud.

There are different levels. If such was not the case then there would be very few arrests.

For example:
The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights has stated that "…in diffusing situations, apprehending alleged criminals, and protecting themselves and others, officers are legally entitled to use appropriate means, including force."

POST standards are real clear on this. Turns out these were campus police and they most likely knew nothing of THE LAW.
I have taken POST training. These officers are suspended for just cause. What they did was against the law.

Arrests? we would have to see the full report
The question what are the extent of their police powers.
If they have full police powers then they usually have to go through some academy or if not, are they just "rent a cop" with no authority

The quote from above does refer to "diffusing situations", which at a minimum , they were doing

Last edited:

For example:

If they have full police powers then they usually have to go through some academy or if not, are they just "rent a cop" with no authority

The quote from above does refer to "diffusing situations", which at a minimum , they were doing

Those weren't "rent a Cops" they were carrying m-16's

For example:

Nope, sorry, wrong again:
POST standards:
For dispersing crowds that do not follow police commands and orders you use tear gas cannisters.
For crowds that are mounting possible police attacks the use of pepper spray, shock applicators, stun guns, tasers and all other individual incapacitating devices are used on individuals.
Where are the mounting of police attacks there my man?
You folks need to face reality here. This shit is just plain against all police standards.
I know this stuff. I have had the training years ago.
And it gets even worse. The Oakland police shot a tear gas cannister intentionally at the head of one of these kids and fractured his skull.
I am as conservative as they come. Can not believe you folks condone this shoddy police work by these lazy ass cops.

True enough

I was commenting that regardless of their status eg Campus Police
if they had full police powers then they have training

Campus police most of them.
News flash: Homeland Security 101:
College and university campus police have the same police powers nationwide as POST ceritified cops.
That is some scary shit ain't it Moe?
M-16s to disperse a bunch of dumb ass college kid Occutards?
You folks see something wrong with this picture?
Or are you really that biased?

And they do not have "full training". Some do I am sure as most likely a lot of them are retired and 2nding their years. Nothing wrong with that as I like to see that but someone made a big BOO BOO on this and watch the heads roll.
As they should. Lack of professionalism.

Nope, sorry, wrong again:
POST standards:
For dispersing crowds that do not follow police commands and orders you use tear gas cannisters.
For crowds that are mounting possible police attacks the use of pepper spray, shock applicators, stun guns, tasers and all other individual incapacitating devices are used on individuals.
Where are the mounting of police attacks there my man?
You folks need to face reality here. This shit is just plain against all police standards.
I know this stuff. I have had the training years ago.
And it gets even worse. The Oakland police shot a tear gas cannister intentionally at the head of one of these kids and fractured his skull.
I am as conservative as they come. Can not believe you folks condone this shoddy police work by these lazy ass cops.

It really is a matter of opinion as the MSNBC quote showed
If you had training then you know that without full knowledge of all the reports and accounts, as the review board will do.
we are all just expressing an opinion.

I could have taken in my sisters, a cub scout troop, some blue hairs and Esther Anderson and rounded up those Occutards in an hour.
And if they did resist with violence then I am all for pepper spray and tasers. All of them.

College and university campus police have the same police powers nationwide as POST ceritified cops.

Really
I would be interested in seeing that

I did find a DOJ reference and seem to imply that is not the case

Are you talking about in times of national emergencies or full time?

Well I hope they had rubber bullets and that they were not locked and loaded.

Well, the facts of THE LAW come out. The officers are suspended with pay pending an investigation because you are not allowed to use force on folks unless they resist arrest.
Go ahead and arrest the Occutards and fine them 1000 a piece is fine with me but you CAN NOT use physical force on any suspect unless they resist arrest.

There was a time when a person even going limp was considered resisting arrest. The way they dealt with it was to pick you up twisting a wrist or elbow. It defeated the going limp part out of self preservation for the most part. It can be hurtful to the Cops trying to lift heavy dead weight, so it is understandable.

A main objective in Civil Disobedience is to overload and stress the system, in processing and housing, and Court Time. It should not be antagonizing the Cops. Best way to keep it nonviolent and in check.

The Mace was way out of line. The way it was used, beyond obscene.

There was a time when a person even going limp was considered resisting arrest. The way they dealt with it was to pick you up twisting a wrist or elbow. It defeated the going limp part out of self preservation for the most part. It can be hurtful to the Cops trying to lift heavy dead weight, so it is understandable.

A main objective in Civil Disobedience is to overload and stress the system, in processing and housing, and Court Time. It should not be antagonizing the Cops. Best way to keep it nonviolent and in check.

The Mace was way out of line. The way it was used, beyond obscene.

To be fair I have not seen any videos of what happened even 1 minute before the pepper spray was used.....

Two University of California, Davis police officers involved in pepper spraying seated protesters are being placed on administrative leave as the chancellor of the school accelerates the investigation into the incident.

Chancellor Linda Katehi said she has been inundated with reaction over the incident, in which an officer dispassionately fired pepper spray on a line of sitting demonstrators.

Video of the incident was circulated widely on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter on Saturday, and the university's faculty association called on Katehi to resign, saying in a letter there had been a "gross failure of leadership".

Katehi said she takes "full responsibility for the incident" but has resisted calls for her resignation, instead pledging to take actions to make sure "that this does not happen again".However, a law enforcement official who watched the clip called the use of force "fairly standard police procedure".

Video on the Link. Must See.

US Occupy: officers in pepper spray incident placed on leave | World news | guardian.co.uk

Forum List

Back